The SQL Server Database Engineer will be responsible for developing and maintaining the database applications and troubleshooting related database code. The ideal candidate will be a detail-minded, data-centric developer who loves manipulating data and creating feature rich enterprise database systems.
- Participates actively in all phases of system development including planning and analysis, design, development, and testing.
- Provides architectural and database technical expertise to the development team concerning methods, procedures, and standards to be used during design and development phases.
- Maintains application performance and scalability with a focus on performance tuning SQL queries, table design, indexing, query plan analysis and SQL refactoring.
- Develops and maintains technical documentation and operational procedures for areas of responsibility.
- Investigates and fixes software defects on pre and post-release systems.
- Prepares and deploys complex schema updates, data migration and ETL scripts.
- Follows and contributes to team standards and utilizes industry best practices.
What you need for this position
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software/Computer Engineer or related field and a combination of work experience.
- 5+ years of designing databases using Microsoft SQL Server in a professional team environment.
- Expert in SQL database development (SQL2005 & 2008).
- Must have hands-on experience creating all key database objects – Tables, Views, Triggers, Indices, Stored Procedures, User Defined Functions, Dynamic SQL.
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve complex database issues.
- Strong database performance tuning experience in a RDBMS environment.
- Strong general ETL / data integration experience; specific experience with SSIS is required.
- Proficient in database modeling & design with a focus on performance and scalability.
- Experience developing and managing large-scale databases.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to achieve results within tight deadlines.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
What would be considered a plus
- Experience with database installation, configuration and maintenance.
- Knowledge of data warehouse design and dimensional modeling.
- Experience with database security including data encryption and TDE.
- Knowledgeable in MS SQL Reporting Services and Analysis Services.
- Experience with database partitioning is a plus.
- Experience with SQL Server 2012.
Indeed - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard
Saylent Technologies’ mission is to deliver market-leading solutions that enable financial institutions to attract and retain...