Sayres and Associates Employee Reviews

Good company to work for overall. Could improve some of the benefits.
Financial/Business Analyst, Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DCJanuary 10, 2018
Good company to work for overall. However, some of the benefits could be improved, i.e. it takes 4 years to be 100% vested in the 401K plan and the leave accrued per pay period is on the low side at less than a day a month.
If your work at the HQ office in DC is beautifull!!
Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 29, 2017
this is a Nice place to work, organized, open door policies, great location, metro accessible, friendly environment, great place to work for with good benefits.
Pros
Sayres - Nice Company to work for
Cons
being a Sub-Contractor for the Main Contract Company
Good company
Team Member/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA 92108October 12, 2017
A good company with talented employees. Benefits are overall great. The company supports the employees and encourages work / life balance. A good place to work.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Health care costs
Great people
Supervisor Charles Patroske (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 1, 2017
This job taught me a lot of about the civilian work force and I truely appreciated getting the opportunity to work with a great group of people. Great teamwork.
Good place to work but no room for promotion
Sr. Accountant/GL (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 13, 2017
Sayres is a good place to work but they dont have much space for you to grow and being promoted.They dont micro-manage and give you opportunities to learn
Friendly co-workers and motivating environment
Summer Financial Intern- OHIO Replacement Program (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 28, 2015
Everyone in the office was very pleasant to work with and offered help whenever it was needed. If I did not know something it was encouraged to ask first rather than try to find out on my own. I learned a lot about contracting with the Navy and the whole shipbuilding industry.
Management treated the employees very well and did not micromanage. It was a motivating environment because of the trust placed on employees to do their job without having to be told constantly to do it. The hardest part of the job was learning everything I needed to know about the industry. It was a lot of information and learning before I could begin to understand the industry. The most enjoyable and rewarding part of the job was the importance of the program I was involved in.
Pros
Great benefits, Strong management, Motivating workplace
Excellent company
Senior Program Analyst (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 6, 2015
Excellent company to work for. Owner and top management are extremely nice and truly invest in their employees. Small business, veteran owned.
Great company
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 13, 2014
Sayres is a great company to work for they are very professional and if you work hard they repay you. Your work never goes unnoticed.
good for a minute
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Washington Navy YardFebruary 19, 2014
this place would probably be a good stepping stone, but that is about it. Get in, learn what you can, and get out.
Pros
work life balance is good. no micromanaging from upper management
Cons
no raises, no upper management skills, poor morale, management will hold things over your head for a very long time, no outside training, management makes empty promises on things they know they cannot deliver
Small company with a family feel environment
Financial Manager (Current Employee) –  Stafford, VADecember 27, 2013
I have learned quite a lot about the would of business finance. The management is great at answering questions and working with you to help you complete tasks. Throughout the office, there is a sense of family. We often have pot lucks and celebrate all holidays as an office. I have never woken up dreading to come into work.
Pros
great hours, great atmosphere
Cons
the program is winding down, so the work load is dwindling, and the contract end date is approaching.
A professional services company focused on the government customer.
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 14, 2013
An organization with dynamic leadership, truly providing best value for the customer. People matter here.
Government Contracting experience with the Department of Homeland Security
Management Analyst/ USCIS (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 30, 2012
I worked with Sayres and Associates as an Management Analyst supporting the Department of Homeland Security/USCIS.During my tenure, I supported the Information Security Division/Office of Information Technology. I assisted the Division Chief and Branch Chiefs with completing their daily duties. I managed calendars, scheduled meetings, conferences, and training. Completed weekly reports for various meetings. Tracked and managed all MS Excel charts, Power Point presentations, MS Access reports. Served as a time and attendance keeper for the division, completed audits, and technical issues with the timekeeping system. Worked on special projects with other Analyst in the organization. Provided front desk coverage for the Chief Information Officer and Deputy Chief Information Officer.
Pros
learned alot about it and enjoyed my staff.
Cons
company was very unorganized and misguided.
A Great Experience in Government Contracting
Program Control Analyst (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 15, 2012
Sayres is a great small firm(roughly 200 employees) that supports the Federal Government. Working there allows one to experience many different aspects of the government contracting(especially Defense contracting). The people there are very nice and for the most part easy to work with. It is a great place for recent graduates to begin their working career.
Pros
great work/life balance, friendly co-workers
Cons
small/young company with growing pains