Sba Employee Reviews in United States

ok job
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  windsor locks cctJanuary 27, 2016
this job was ok have to much to say words can not describe in word just great great.hard working coworkers strong management what agreat team
fun place to work
Construction Mgr, to Estimator (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXJanuary 10, 2016
had fun watching the company/office I worked in fail. upper management was not truthful with our customers. HR was not very helpful. most of the coworkers were all yes people. i enjoyed going home from work the most. I was paid for 8 hours and put in 10+ hours a day. I had 4 supervisors over the 3 years i worked there. Not a very good review of the office I worked in.
Pros
Cons
no breaks, overworked
Productive professional environment
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Hempstead, NYDecember 2, 2015
Great place to work, made continuous sales. However the internet and the current business environment shut the operation down. Lost major vendors that went dealer direct that no longer needed a distribution services.
Wonderful place to work
Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 5, 2015
Enjoyed working for this Company and helping Hurricane Family and Company start over. Worked 12 on from 0600-1800 7 Days and Week
terrible work environment due to upper management
Foreman (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 5, 2015
I did not have a good experience working for SBA due to the fact that if something goes wrong with the work the managers want to blame everyone else for their mistakes.
Great people
Business Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 24, 2015
BB&T is the company. I have not worked at the SBA Iworked in the SBA division of BB&T. Please correct this on the Indeed website
Great job environment splitting time equally between the office and field
Site Acquisition and Zoning Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJanuary 16, 2015
My days were spent reviewing search rings, driving search areas, interviewing candidates for sites, reviewing wireless ordinances, and filing zoning and building permit applications. I had no management responsibilities with regard to team mates. The hardest part of the job was time management as it related to extensive driving. The most enjoyable part of this job was meeting new people!
Pros
flexible schedule, making business decisions, interacting with customers and team members, meeting new people
Cons
time constraints related to municipal schedules
Worked with employees that talked behind your back
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILSeptember 4, 2014
This was a small community bank that was merging with a national bank. Most of the employees were on edge because they didn't know if they would have a job in the near future. It was very difficult to work in this type of environment. The co-workers spoke another language in front of me, which I found to be very offensive.
I learned how to review and submit SBA Loan document packages. And assisted other co-workers as needed.
Pros
learned about sba loans
Cons
co-workers speaking another language in front of me
GReat place
Processing Disbursement Center Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 9, 2014
Create and update loan files in the oracle program, Disaster Credit Management System (DCMS) for disaster loan victims. Document incoming mail and correspondence received by applicants in Disaster Credit Management System. Consult NEMIS, the database of the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), to assist with clarifying documentation for application entry purposes. Contact applicants in regards to missing and/or questionable information on their applications and other correspondence. Multi-tasking, performing face pace work with limited supervision producing quality work. Cross trained in other departments such as Quality Assurance, ELA department, 8821 for Reconsideration, Incoming Mail, and Summary Decline department qualifying applicants for Summary Decline Worksheets located in the DIG (Disaster Assistance System).Application entry processing applications to create a complete status of approved applications with Small Business Administration.
Complete Microsoft Excel Software Package daily production sheet. Contacting applicants for missing documents in assisting borrowers to close their loans
Pros
great hours
Cons
parking conjested
was a good place to work
Driver (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXMay 4, 2014
Was a good place to get to know the freight business I learned alot, and I know I still can learn.
I have edited the review
Paralegal Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 27, 2014
The SBA experience was fantastic, the objective was to provide assistance to disaster victims. The work was rewarding, the borrowers were grateful for the opportunity to get their lives back, the work days were long, but satisfying. Unfortunately the organization is presently in dire need of effective management. The co-workers doing similar jobs were like family, all were in sync with what we were hired to do. There was really no hard part of the job, just disappointment in the management. Helping the borrowers, disbursing loan funds to the victims of mother nature's 'wrath' so they could move on with their lives!!!
Pros
comradery, being part of something good and rewarding
Cons
poor mangagement
excellent interpersonal skills
Contract Loan Specialist (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 3, 2014
I have the type of personality that can talk and work with any type of personality.
Pros
excellent working conditions
Cons
not enough hours and no medical insurance
Good place to work.
LEGAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 5, 2013
If you like helping people this is a great place to work.

Pros
lots of ot
Cons
when work from a declared distaster has slowed down there is generally lay offs.
Wonderful and very intense environment
DISASTER LOAN AGENT (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CANovember 2, 2013
The SBA allows you to interact with people who are in need of compassion and financial help. It was great to work with the victims of the hurricane.
Pros
helping others.
Cons
you cannt help everyone because of the required qualifications.
Good Job overall
Loan Officer/Underwriter Disaster Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort, DROctober 31, 2013
This is a good federal job, the only downfall to this job is you only work when there is a big nature disaster and victim are needing federal loans, but over all a good company
Pros
fed job good benefits, accumulate sick day and personal day off
Cons
only work when large national disaster, (example) hurricane sandy, katrina
To help people out of a disaster and to get paid, this is the place to work.
Support Technician- Applicants (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TexasJuly 13, 2013
A very professional environment. Fast advancement. Have to be detail oriented.
Pros
lots of overtime, very helpful managers and team leads, good pay
Cons
temporary
temporary
Loan Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 24, 2013
loved the job helping disaster victims with loans - liked the atmosphere and supervisor/co workers. Pay was low. I have been asked to return during recent disasters as a temp. employee and I would consider it if I had not found permanent employment.
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  fort worth txOctober 9, 2012
a typical day at SBA was very busy we worked 7 days a week 12 hour shifts

i learned how to process loans for Hurricane Katrina victims

the manager were busy and so were the coworker

the hardest part of the job was working 30 days before getting a day off
Horrible
(Senior Beauty Advisor), Photo Specialist (Former Employee) –  LockportSeptember 17, 2012
Their expectations are absolutely ridiculous. The company does not care about their emplyoees. Its a very degrading place.
Pros
customers
Cons
management, hours, policy
Very productive work environment
Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 8, 2012
used their auto docs computer ,created diasaster loan closing documents, ensurinng that al necessary documents, including specific notations were created in accordance with the instruction in case files,requested appropriate collateral files from cashies, reviewed,servicing any changes compared to original or modified loans
Pros
bonus, free lunches, insentitives, promotions, awards
Cons
short breaks, deadlines