Sbarro

Sbarro Employee Reviews

more on pizza ang pasta
Steam Cook (Former Employee), GLORIETA 2 Makati cityJuly 21, 2015
I learned how to baked pizza and pasta.also we have teamwork then most of the time we hung out for bonding with my maneger.
Productive and Fast paced work environment.
Cashier/ Crew Member (Former Employee), Hoboken, NJJuly 15, 2015
Pros: Free lunch, Reliable, and good atmosphere.
Cons: Not enough hours, tips weren't the best, but that's bout it.
A typical day at work is a busy lunch rush and then a slow period around 3 pm. to restock the refrigerators.
Its a food court so if any other places need some help i would go an help them as well. The food court consists of Sbarro, Manchu Wok, and Subway.
I learn some different techniques everyday and how to make different types of foods like: pizza, garlic knots, and samosas etc.
My co-workers are nice as well as very skilled, hard working, very helpful too. Very reliable when you need some extra help or need to trade shifts.
Hardest part of the job probably just closing up the store. That's probably the only most frustrating part because there's a lot to do in all under about 20 minutes of closing.
My most enjoyable part of the day is the fun we have in the work place. The jokes, laughter, practically being a family its a good feeling.
Customer Service (Current Employee), Hilliard, OHJune 27, 2015
Enjoy the opportunity to be social with co-workers while being productive, as well as serving delicious food. I would recommend this place to anyone.
hard work
General Manager (Current Employee), usaJune 16, 2015
Pros: pizza
Cons: long days
you work hard long days sales driven good friends staff cares drive sales you cook all day love team fun at times very hot.
Overall good company
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee), Layton, UTJune 15, 2015
I enjoyed working at this company the employees and customers are very good. I would recommend this company to anyone applying.
Sbarro's was a fun and family orientated work enviornment.
Cashier/server (Former Employee), Taylor, MIMay 29, 2015
Pros: Free lunches
Cons: Short breaks
When I first started at Sbarro I wasn't the best at the job task. Thanks to the support and patience of my managers and team mates I got better quickly. Majority of the time on weekends it was very busy, my team mates and managers worked well with me and together with customer service with a smile. Even with rude or impatient customers my managers and team members kept calm and very professional. What I loved most about this job is that it was a fun environment but we still got the job done quickly. The only hard part was keeping up with the customer demand of the fresh and tasty food.
First Job First Days Of Working
Cashier/Server (Former Employee), Exton, PAMay 19, 2015
Pros: Free Lunches, Co-workers, Hours
Cons: None at all
Being at work would be like home. The co-workers were very nice and we got alone right away. The only had part about this job was that it was my first job EVER. i was very nervous the other day but when i came in they put me right to work which i suspected they would do. I started as an cashier and by the end the day i learned just about everything i messed up a few time but i always corrected my mistakes. The best part of the job was i had gotten a lot of hours so i was busy.
great job
Cashier (Former Employee), Eustis, FLMay 4, 2015
Pros: management training, customer service, a lot of hours
Cons: it closed with no more then a days notice
I really enjoyed working at Sbarro. I was being trained for a management position and was just about to be promoted but the store closed down. It was a very fun job, I got to talk to a lot of people because it was in the middle of a mall. The people were great, the other workers were great. I spent my time making pizzas (fresh from scratch), cleaning, helping customers face to face and over the phone and I was being trained to become a manager.
work description
back kitchen help (Current Employee), Novi, MIMay 2, 2015
Pros: easy work flow
Cons: heavy work load
schedule work days start at clock in punch in where I would receive info on how much doe to make and how much cheese to shred and rotation of the days from older to newer placement
Awful environment.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Albany, GAMay 1, 2015
Poorly run company that paid poorly and expected much more than was actually possible to accomplish. Terrible training process and no corporate back up to help individual stores.
Friendly environment
Customer Service (Former Employee), Coral Springs, FLApril 24, 2015
Pros: great environment
Cons: not enough work hours
From this job I was able to gain customer service skills and I learned the importance of communication in the workplace. The hardest part of the job was not receiving enough work hours, the most enjoyable was interacting with customers at the mall.
1st
Cashier (Former Employee), BurbankMarch 17, 2015
My first job, and i could not have been happier to find a better 1st job! Had great management, co-workers, and the environment was great!
Productive and enjoyable workplace
Cashier- Open (Former Employee), Greece NYFebruary 28, 2015
The management was awesome. They made sure you were soing everything you should be doing to make the teamwork flow easier. My co-workers were easy to work with and good people. The hardest part was trying not to burn myself on the oven when moving fast pace. The most enjoyable part was being around work loving energetic co-workers and having to attract customers from other places.
Great place to work, nice management, and fun atmosphere.
Cashier/Server (Former Employee), Palm Beach Gardens, FLFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: free meals during shifts and flexible scheduling
Cons: must work some holidays and black friday
I really enjoyed working for Sbarro. The atmosphere was awesome, I loved my coworkers, and the food is delicious! Black Fridays at any company are crazy but the people I worked with made it all the better and I couldn't have asked for a better team to work with. I would definitely recommend working for this company.
fun work place
Shift Supervisor/Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: great team work
Cons: a lot of waste
I enjoyed sbarro very much. my manager was great the work flow was great. i learned how to make dough. I had to serve my customers and cash them out.
Working in NYC
Pizza Man (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 11, 2015
My day on this job was busy. Working in Times Square in a restaurant can be quite stressful. My experience with the management was not the best, very disrespectful and not well trained. Hopefully my future employers will give me the respect that I deserve. The hardest part on the job is keeping up with all the work that we have to do on the job.
Easy and fun!
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALJanuary 27, 2015
Very easy work, great atmosphere and free meals! Too bad they shut down at Madison Square Mall.
Productive Every day
Server/ Cashier? Food preparer (Former Employee), Riverside, CAJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks. long frequent standing.
The customer ALWAYS comes first. Everyday I dealt with people who loved pizza. I mean who doesn't like pizza nowadays? Sbarro is a obvious choice for pizza fanatics and Sbarro pushed that goal to satisfying the costumer.

When I worked there, it was a real fast paced atmosphere. You can flooded with a wave of customers and not even know it. Management was the best because they knew when this happened. Having freshly made pizza for the line(Display) was the eye catcher for the customer. So that meant that you had to make the pizza an art. For those who love to make things and like to show your work, Sbarro was the place to work, The Team was the best because they all shared a common goal: Satisfying the customer. at the end of every day, responsibilities such as cleaning up was a priority. Mopping, sweeping, and whiping down all the ickyness of the work was a whole new challenge.

All-in-all, Sbarro is a great place to work.
busy place to work during holidays
Cashier/Server (Former Employee), buford, gaJanuary 25, 2015
I use to love this job, but new management took over and they didn't resect their employees. there was no chance to advance within the company. we had to deal with a lot of customer service poblems, that was our job.
Understaffed not many great opportunities on moving up positions.
Cook/Prep (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: no raises
Cooking, greeting with new people, great team to work with. great food.

1 2 3 4 5