Sbarro

Sbarro Employer Reviews

Great place to work, nice management, and fun atmosphere.
Cashier/Server (Former Employee), Palm Beach Gardens, FLFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: free meals during shifts and flexible scheduling
Cons: must work some holidays and black friday
I really enjoyed working for Sbarro. The atmosphere was awesome, I loved my coworkers, and the food is delicious! Black Fridays at any company are crazy but the people I worked with made it all the better and I couldn't have asked for a better team to work with. I would definitely recommend working for this company.
fun work place
Shift Supervisor/Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: great team work
Cons: a lot of waste
I enjoyed sbarro very much. my manager was great the work flow was great. i learned how to make dough. I had to serve my customers and cash them out.
Working in NYC
Pizza Man (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 11, 2015
My day on this job was busy. Working in Times Square in a restaurant can be quite stressful. My experience with the management was not the best, very disrespectful and not well trained. Hopefully my future employers will give me the respect that I deserve. The hardest part on the job is keeping up with all the work that we have to do on the job.
Easy and fun!
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALJanuary 27, 2015
Very easy work, great atmosphere and free meals! Too bad they shut down at Madison Square Mall.
Productive Every day
Server/ Cashier? Food preparer (Former Employee), Riverside, CAJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks. long frequent standing.
The customer ALWAYS comes first. Everyday I dealt with people who loved pizza. I mean who doesn't like pizza nowadays? Sbarro is a obvious choice for pizza fanatics and Sbarro pushed that goal to satisfying the costumer.

When I worked there, it was a real fast paced atmosphere. You can flooded with a wave of customers and not even know it. Management was the best because they knew when this happened. Having freshly made pizza for the line(Display) was the eye catcher for the customer. So that meant that you had to make the pizza an art. For those who love to make things and like to show your work, Sbarro was the place to work, The Team was the best because they all shared a common goal: Satisfying the customer. at the end of every day, responsibilities such as cleaning up was a priority. Mopping, sweeping, and whiping down all the ickyness of the work was a whole new challenge.

All-in-all, Sbarro is a great place to work.
busy place to work during holidays
Cashier/Server (Former Employee), buford, gaJanuary 25, 2015
I use to love this job, but new management took over and they didn't resect their employees. there was no chance to advance within the company. we had to deal with a lot of customer service poblems, that was our job.
Understaffed not many great opportunities on moving up positions.
Cook/Prep (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: no raises
Cooking, greeting with new people, great team to work with. great food.
working at sbarros pizza
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Eugene, ORJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: lots of hours. free lunch. working with good people.
Cons: management
open the store. turn on lights,ovens, check safe, check emails, learned so much, how to make food fast and accurate,delegate orders,customer service.my first two years i had bad management but after the new manager took over and saw my potential and worked on my week spots and made me a great shift supervisor. ive had some amazing co-workers. the hardest part of my job was the old manager treating us in a unfair manner. the most enjoyable part is making some ones day.
Great group of people to work with
Manager (Former Employee), Melville, NYJanuary 15, 2015
Employee discount on food at all company owned locations and reasonable benefits are some of the perks. The most enjoyable part of the job was to work with a wonderful group of people in the Melville corporate office.
Cashier
Cashier (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLDecember 2, 2014
Was a great work experience for me, my first job and it showed me that i am a people person.
Terrible Environment
Server/Cashier (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GANovember 24, 2014
My managers would frequently give my hours away and change my shifts without consent and refused to provide any raises. The oven made you sweat all day and the customers were rude.
As a manager it was stressful
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Troy, MINovember 17, 2014
Always having to make sales is hard. But you just have to have great work ethic here. Excellent for students. They are great working with school schedules.
Cashier/shift leader
Shift leader (Former Employee), Fort Walton Beach, FLNovember 15, 2014
Operated kitchen task and coordinated production, I learned inventory basic management skills, team work, and a system based restaurant
okay job
assistant manager (Former Employee), Richmond, VANovember 4, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: change of upper management a lot
come in at 7:20 safe count. make pizza, get ready for the morning rush.. train a new hire. i learned leadership skills. most enjoyable thing about the job was meeting different people everyday. there was no hard part about the job
Easy to go to school
Cashier (Current Employee), Roanoke, VANovember 4, 2014
Pros: free lunch, wonderful co-workers
Cons: healthcare only offered if you average a certain amount of hours
I started college before I started working at Sbarro. They knew ahead of time what my schedule was, they never complained that I could only work certain hours. I enjoy working with the employees there. There is no hard part to this job. If the day is right we have fun.
fun enviornment
cashier/server (Former Employee), bowling green, kyOctober 13, 2014
Pros: free lunch, nice people to work with
Cons: short hours
a typical work day started out by serving customers as soon as you clocked in, serving someone included making sure every customer got everything they wanted and also to make them happy and glad they came to sbarro. then we would also have cashier duty if we were low on staff, cashier duties included taking the customers order as nice and as swiftly and accurate as possible. also included giving and receiving the correct change. i also had to make the food and do the dishes. i also cleaned when not doing any of the other requirements of the job.
Productive and Fun Work Place
Staff Accountant (Former Employee), Melville, NYOctober 5, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job was the great group of people I had the chance to work with.
nice place to work just can't work there forever
Cook (Former Employee), Louisville, KYSeptember 16, 2014
first time ever had and I put in years on the job but It got boring so I wanted to move forward
The job itself was simple but the staff needed training and continuitity
Shift Supervisor: (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: the meals were free and the atmosphere was pleasant
Cons: the lack of training
I would have enjoyed my job there is the upper management had consistency with the procedures and the daily running of the store. I learned that it is difficult if you are the only member of the leadership team who is trying to enforce or uphold certain standards that the job becomes taxing and difficult. The staff in the kitchen was there for many years and were never updated on the new standards from the Board of Health. Therefor there was resentment when correcting things that needed to be updated to the decade by myself. they also were not held accountable for any mishandling of products , and the very relaxed way in which they prepared the items for the public. I enjoyed the contact with the customer and especially with the regular and the locals.
good job friendly workplace
Crew Member (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 6, 2014
Pros: free food and meeting new people.
We would take customers orders, make pizza use cash register and wash dishes.

1 2 3 4 5