Sbarro Employee Reviews

overall good experience
Team Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  FlDecember 7, 2016
i had an overall good experience just didn't have enough hours. It is fun and fast paced. Management is decent but raises never came.
Pros
fun environment
Cons
low hours
Not a very stable or healthly environment to work in,
GENERAL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  ConnecticutSeptember 26, 2016
Sbarro's is a company which is totally concerned with the bottom line. Profit is first, team members are last. Work life balance is non existent. A General Manager is required to work even on their days off. Stress level is high. Turnover is extremely high with the management level. In just over three years 6 District Managers have come and gone in our area. Overall not a pleasant place to work.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No 10 minute breaks
Productive, and a fast pace environment
Team Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNFebruary 19, 2017
A typical day at work would include me prepping the food in the morning quickly but correctly, and then start making pizzas for the costumers. Then we would check to make sure everything is stocked correctly and the registers were ready for use. Then we would open and around 3 pm, the costumers would start to pile in and we would have to be on our A game and multitask so we could serve the costumers correctly and they would leave with smiles in their face. I would say that was the hardest part of the job because the Mall of America is one of the busiest mall's in the U.S. My managers would treat me fairly and make sure the team ALL knew it was about the costumers, always. I was taught the first impression the costumers have will be the one that last's the longest, and that makes the biggest impact on their whole experience. The best part of this job specifically was meeting new people from around the world.
Pros
free lunch, free drinks, the environment, management, ect...
Cons
being of the busiest spots in the mall was quite difficult
Fun but also hard.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Ashwaubenon, WIDecember 29, 2016
Typical day for me was basically getting thrown directly into work.

Learned how to manager cash for people, multitasking and multiple roles.

I was too fond of management.

Co workers were cool by all means. Some of them were really nice.

Hardest was not burning the pizza. sometimes i was left in the front with no one else and i almost always needed help

most enjoyable was the people.
Pros
free food at the end of the day, people
Cons
management was bad when i was employed
Good work rewarded with advancement
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNNovember 7, 2016
Friendly crew, managers schedule my work around my child's daycare schedule; always encouraged to accept additional responsibilities and training; promoted twice in 4 years with good work record.
Pros
Free lunches, flexible scheduling.
Cons
Lag time between completing training and receiving promotion, seasonal/temp workers hard with "attitude."
Mall Job.
Hostess/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mankato, MNJanuary 3, 2017
Typical day starts off by serving pizza combos. Using costumer service skills. I learned that people who buy from sbarro spend to much on pizza. Management was okay. My co-workers were okay. Hardest part was trying to keep up when it was busy. Most enjoyable part was free pizza for me.
Pros
Mall.
Cons
minimum wage.
Internal Development Potential
Director of Operations (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 21, 2017
This company is on a comeback and now is the time to jump on. They, like any smart operation, favor internal promotions rather than external hires. They develop their teams with in and offer a great career path for the dedicated worker.
it was an ok environment
Student Manager (Former Employee) –  Macomb, ILJanuary 4, 2017
Too much work on one individual especially if their attending to school simultaneously. Prepping all day and everyday in order to keep up with the business.
Pros
making the consumers happy.
Cons
weak communication skills with management, write ups for petty issues.
Fast paced, interesting, entertaining, and fun in one word PHENOMENAL
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Salina, KSJune 27, 2016
It is the one job I can say I miss most as it had perfect balance to the same and different in a day to make you hunger for tomorrow and yet be willing to wait just long enough to enjoy the break.
Pros
Fun and ability to work hard and play hard.
Cons
Benefits could have offered more and better
Nice place to work
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Pearl, MSFebruary 6, 2017
I enjoyed this job my only problem was i didnt get the hours i needed after the holidays and the management team didnt work well with eachother.
Pros
Free lunch, my coworkwers were my family
Cons
Not enough hours
Bad Management
Server/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 26, 2017
my drawer was short on a day I didnt even work. None of the managers tried to find out what happened. They just fired me. One of the managers had a disposition about me for some unknown reason. Night shift workers were very lazy.
working at sbarro
Cashier/ Server (Current Employee) –  West Covina, CAFebruary 5, 2017
at Sbarro I am in charge of helping the customers and also being the cashier. I learned to multitask while working at Sbarro.
Pros
they work with your schedule
Cons
management
Mediocre place
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Ontario Mills, CAJanuary 10, 2017
Very rude manager, always asked to stay hours later and wouldn't take no for an answer, couldn't talk to other coworkers while working even when not busy, messy scheduling,
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Bad management
Great place to work in high school
Cashier/Server (Former Employee) –  Monroeville, PANovember 10, 2016
I was a crew member at Sbarros for five years. The management was very fun and understanding, hours were flexible.

This job would be perfect for a high school student.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Overworked sometimes
Sbarro is a good first job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SC Haywood MallSeptember 8, 2016
Sbarro was a very fun experience for me and working there taught me responsibility. My manger was the coolest guy ever, but he did make sure everybody was on time and ding what they were supposed to be doing the way they were supposed to be doing it. It was a great first job for me.
Pros
Free food, mall discount, great place for opportunity and meeting new people.
Cons
low salary and the heat was bad
good first job
Cook/Prep/Server-cashier (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIFebruary 19, 2017
as a pizza cook i was had plenty of job security but my i was over worked because nobody else wants to work this position. good job for students and high school students.
Great Company
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Manchester, CTFebruary 26, 2016
I have worked for sbarro for over 9 years. I would recommend this job for anyone that wants the opportunities to grow as an individual. This job is a great stepping stone with lots of opportunity for internal promotions. If you are a leader who is looking to work their way into management sbarro is the place for you. If you are looking to get from GM to DO at this time there is not a real way to do that.

If you are self driven and have always wanted your own business this is a great place for you. Sbarros offer's the training and support for you to be successful. This is a working managers job. You are a person with many hats. You spend little time at your desk.

If you are an investor in people this job is a great fit.You get to recruit and train your staff. If you need help there is support for that too.

I have enjoyed my time with sbarros!
Bad workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Kennewick, WADecember 4, 2016
Actual business was slow we had very little customers and constantly had people being let go it was stressful and did not have very good benefits either.
Pros
Cons
Low activity
Well working place
Server/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Palm Desert, CAOctober 17, 2016
Shift manager at Sbarro for 9 months. Made sure everything was well organized, cleaning as going, customer service at all times. Management is responsiblity you have to carry I got paid 10.50 at Sbarro. Pizza making, serving and cashier.
Management Skill
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VANovember 10, 2016
I have 4 years of management skill set under my belt, including handling cash drawers, safe counts, making schedules and ordering and counting inventory.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sbarro. Our community is ready to answer.