Sbarro Employee Reviews

fun family orientated work place
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Portage, MINovember 21, 2017
this is a good place to work friendly customers. my boss was a very good boss she worked around my schedule and others and made time off very far..i wouldnt have left if the situation was different
Pros
close to home
Cons
not enough pay for what i did
Fast paced job
Restaurant Server (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLNovember 19, 2017
The store i was working at no GM was hired. A typical day working at sbarros will be coming into the store with stacks of dishes waiting to be cleaned. My coworkers did not take up any responsibility. Working at sbarros was a great job itself, minus the reality.
Pros
Open shifts
Cons
GM arrived well after my breaking point
Pizza Maker/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCNovember 14, 2017
The management was very disrespectful.The work was stressful.The manager started to have favorites and started to shorten my hours.The only thing really that was good about working at SBarro is that you got to get good benefits.
Productive & fun staff
Server (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 13, 2017
Great place to work. However, it is very fast-paced since it is placed in a mall. It's enjoyable though. My coworkers are very upbeat and positive and quick to serve customers.
Pros
Plenty of hours are available
Cons
Busy & requires quick thinking
Assistant Manager
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MINovember 10, 2017
Product inventory, delegate staff and supervise shift operations including food prep/quality control, customer service and sales. Housekeeping is a natural daily routine.
They have a good work environment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 4, 2017
Super busy, I learned most of your customer service skills from them, they taught me how to handle stress under pressure, they have a good work environment.
job doesn not exisit
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALOctober 31, 2017
was overall a good place to work. Manager was great but this job no longer exists. It was a great job for college. however does not exists anymore.....
Pros
free lunch
Cons
pay
good company to work for
Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  NYC, NYOctober 31, 2017
good company to work for and i will recommend this to everyone and will continue to do so even though they thru a lot of difficult financial troubles for 7 years
Pros
great company
Stressful and overworked
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 26, 2017
A typical day at work consisted of doing much of others work as well as your own. I learned that management was not very well trained. The "higher ups" seemed to be heading in the right direction. The workplace culture was pretty enjoyable. The hardest part of the job was doing others work. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was interacting with customers.
Hard job
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLOctober 23, 2017
In Sbarro you have to work very hard, the place is really stressful, they don’t pay good.
They don’t pay for vacation and the own days.
The employees are very flickers .
poor
Server (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALOctober 12, 2017
If you were new and made a mistake people would laugh at you instead of helping you. This was the worst place to work at and I would never in my life work there again but the food is amazing.
Fast Paced with employees who are like family
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 11, 2017
I really enjoyed being the manager of this Sbarro's location. It could be demanding and stressful at times. But my coworkers ended up being more like family and we worked together as a strong team. I would definitely recommend working here because of the environment. That was my favorite part of this job. The hardest part of my job was that i worked long hours with what i felt wasn't fair enough compensation. But the workplace culture, food, and fast pace made that worth it.
Pros
Great team environment, Benefits, Plenty of hours, Good food
Cons
Long hours>Compensation
Enjoyable, relaxed and up-beat work atmosphere.
Pizza Maker (Former Employee) –  Natick, MAOctober 11, 2017
Made Pizza dough, all pizzas, macaroni and other food items according to Sbarro recipes and guidelines. Shared the task of washing dishes with other team members and maintained cleanliness of all work stations.
Pros
Free Lunch and great manager.
Cons
No cons.
N/a
Server and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAOctober 10, 2017
I don't not recommend working for this company they did not offer benefits for employees

management belittled employees

low hours

low pay

there is nothing good about working for them
excellent place to work
Cashier/server (Former Employee) –  Oneonta, NYSeptember 21, 2017
This was my first foray into food service and i loved it. It was quick moving fun and i enjoyed the peole i worked with. The management was fair. And this wa my first job in college and loved it. It was wonderul oppurtunity
Pros
management staff
Cons
nothing i can think of
Had nice customers,but the flow of customers was slow paced.
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYSeptember 21, 2017
I made sure to do what I had to do I completed all assignments, Didn't have a problem with the people or manager.Just had low salary and little benefits.
Pros
Kind atmosphere of people.
Cons
Low benefits and salary
pizzA
Cashier/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VASeptember 19, 2017
Set restaurant up for opening...make pizzas prep food today up sale food drinks combos desserts ...wash dishes keep up the cleanliness of the store make customers feel good
Not for the easily daunted
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLSeptember 17, 2017
Sbarro was by far one of the most intense work environments I have ever experienced. The staff consisted of many perfectionists, and failure, laziness, and tardiness were not in the least tolerated. It made every shift quite stressful, and I contemplated my decision to leave shortly after being hired. My job in title was cashier, but the staff was underhanded every month, forcing myself and the others to take on other responsibilities. I was also required to sweep, clean trays, serve and greet customers, restock condiments and utensils, as well as help wash dishes and bake the stock. It's an exhausting job, and certainly not for the faint-hearted. The manager was quite strict, but he seemed to liked me (probably because I did my job, well and fast). If you don't preform well under stress, don't apply here. If you're up for a challenge, knock yourself out.
Pros
Free lunches, consistent hours
Cons
Short breaks, antsy staff, minimal pay
it was a good relaxed job
Server (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, RISeptember 14, 2017
I loved working at sbarro it was a fun experience and good to make other people happy I loved it it was at a quick pace but it wasn't hard to do stuff
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
Productive and fun place to work at.
Server (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 13, 2017
Something very enjoyable was the opportunity to interact with people coming from different cultures and races. You could see people enjoying the food and feeling happy and satisfied after they finished their meals.