Sbarro Employee Reviews in United States

sbarro
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 9, 2016
when i was working at sbarro's i had many challenging things such as dealing with a large crowd and taking alot of orders .
Easy-going, enjoyable work environment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Bloomingdale, ILMay 29, 2016
I have worked for Sbarro for almost 4 years, and for the most part it has been enjoyable. As a cashier, I work with the customers most. As with any job, some customers are rude and even outrageous, but Sbarro employees seem to always handle this well. Sbarro is a fun work environment; I think of my coworkers as friends rather than fellow employees. My managers are great as well, and I can confide in them if I need to. The managers are easy going and will work with anyone's busy schedule as long as they are informed beforehand. It is a great first job to start at as well since there are not too many tedious tasks. In addition, new employees catch on quickly--I estimate within about 2-3 weeks they have the hang of things almost completely. The employees at Sbarro are very friendly and will help any new worker without a hesitation.
Pros
Free food, great coworkers
Cons
Short breaks, low pay
nice job with some nice coworkers
sbarro ,mikes (Former Employee) –  Waukegan, ILMay 15, 2016
it was a nice job people were excellent there i was nice with everyone i knew how to do the work clean place food was good i had to working here because it was far from my house
Fun Casual enviorment, not enough hrs.
SHIFT LEAD (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 9, 2016
The job was fun and my co-workers were great. A typical day was once in clocked inn I would check to make sure we had enough dough pulled and made for the day. Help prep and clean all ingredients for pizza. Helped wash dishes and clean floors.
Tedious but fun work environment
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEApril 19, 2016
The work done is very tedious and draining unless you like to stand and communicate continuously. The environment is nice depending on the people working with. A lot of unpleasant customers though.
fun
cashier/ server (Former Employee) –  North Riverside, ILMarch 26, 2016
working was fun i enjoyed my days with coworkers. customers were interesting everyday. sometime stressful , but i managed to make it through the day
Not great place to work but it builds your character
Cashier/Server (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 21, 2016
The most difficult job I have worked thus far but it was a learning experience.Very tedious and physically exhausting.
Pros
free lunches, freindly coworkers
Cons
short breaks
Good Place to start
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Monroe, LAMarch 14, 2016
Managed a team of 11 employees. Assessed customer needs and responded to questions. Trained and mentored new cashiers. Managed cashier shift and breaks. Documented performance issues. Counted and balanced cashier drawers.
Great Company
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Manchester, CTFebruary 26, 2016
I have worked for sbarro for over 9 years. I would recommend this job for anyone that wants the opportunities to grow as an individual. This job is a great stepping stone with lots of opportunity for internal promotions. If you are a leader who is looking to work their way into management sbarro is the place for you. If you are looking to get from GM to DO at this time there is not a real way to do that.

If you are self driven and have always wanted your own business this is a great place for you. Sbarros offer's the training and support for you to be successful. This is a working managers job. You are a person with many hats. You spend little time at your desk.

If you are an investor in people this job is a great fit.You get to recruit and train your staff. If you need help there is support for that too.

I have enjoyed my time with sbarros!
decent resturant work
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Short Pump, VAJanuary 21, 2016
I learned how to motivate employees, how to cut food cost and make schedules for employees. The typical day consist of making 10 to 15 pizzas.
Pros
free meals
Lots of Hours
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Okemos, MIJanuary 8, 2016
In a nutshell, the long hours, many unpaid, difficulty in finding and keeping good employees and no time to be with my family is catching up with me. I am looking for a position in which I can have a few hours a day to relax, be with my family, be available for holidays and special occasions with my family and not have to report to work each day, many days for up to 12 hours.
Pros
Huge responsibility
Cons
Long hours, 7 days a week, no family time
Fun workplace.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYDecember 23, 2015
I learned a lot working there. My time was well spent. Nice managers, and co-workers. The hardestpart of the job was opening up. The best part was the learning experience.
great fun place to be
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIDecember 4, 2015
great fun team atmosphere. the pay was less then ideal however for the amount of hard work put in on a daily basis. Shut down now so it doesn't really matter what my review says
Pros
fun people
Cons
not a livable wage
Horrible management, small variety of workers.
Cashier/ Server (Former Employee) –  Milford, CTNovember 24, 2015
The management is disgraceful to say the least. The job is easy with minimum wage pay. There are no breaks unless you are a manager and work a minimum of a 10 hour shift.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No breaks, problems with payroll
N/a
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYNovember 22, 2015
Failing company, 2 bankruptcies in 3 years. Left for obvious reasons. They want you to cut any and everywhere even if it meant at the customers expense.
Very productive and good environment
Server/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 21, 2015
I would cashier and serve food to customers. Gave great customer service and attended to what the customer wants. Always did what I was told.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
excellent place to work
Server (Former Employee) –  Darien, CTNovember 11, 2015
working at sbarro is a good place to work . its get busy at times especially during rush hour. smiling was really important wen i was working there. always smile wen u see a customer ( what my boss kept saying )m
fast place to work
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) –  Uniondale, NYNovember 5, 2015
In this place i did register,costumer, clean,i was a fun place to work.
the hard part was the time.it was over night and at time have two jobs.
Pros
free food
Maintenace Worker
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 2, 2015
I cleaned the entire facility, all areas that customers were in were cleaned every day and more as needed. I also assisted customers who needed help carrying food or throwing it away.
A good company, creating Customers for Life
Restaurant General Manager (Former Employee) –  NassauOctober 26, 2015
A day at Sbarro meant one of "Family" with each customer I met, even a disgruntle one.
I've learned that every Customer is important. They visit your Business because you provide a product and service that they want with money to spend with you and I've learned to suggestive sell "a beverage, dessert or salad"
Upper management was always willing to listen and assist whenever and where ever necessary. Coaching and Council were available daily.
My co-workers were not always happy at work because sometimes they have a bad day and do not handle situations professionally; then I would have to do damage control which sometimes result in Corrective Documentation,nevertheless we assume Business.
The hardest part of the job was cancelling the Delivery service which impacted my sales.
The most enjoyable part off the job was having repeat Customers, Tourists and Bahamians from the Family Islands. Seeing them again and calling their names, knowing their order and up selling made my day. We created Customers for life
Pros
Free Lunch was a meal valued @ $15.00 No alcohol, no Juices
Cons
No breaks for Management, staff 1/2 hour. Health Insurance