SBC Employee Reviews

Dishonest Company
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 30, 2016
I took this job and was promised PTO, insurance benefits, flexible hours and that I would be able to work from home once a week. Turns out none of this was true. I got no PTO (besides the 3 days CA mandates), the strictest hours I've ever had, and the worst insurance you could have (my copay at the doctor's office was $120). So beware. This is for SBC, Inc in San Diego.
Very short term with this company
Short term contract employee, Posting (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAAugust 12, 2016
Typical Telco from what I could tell in my short time doing contract documentation markups for the fibre & POTS cable pair records.

Cannot speak to any other aspect of this company.
Fast pace, collaborative environment
Collection/Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAAugust 2, 2016
I arrive 15 minutes early. This job was nonstop back to back incoming customer calls regarding billing, sales, and claims resolutions. I learned to work under strict adherence guidelines handling calls in an efficient and timely manner while meeting sales quotas and providing excellent customer service. I worked closely with management to improve/enhance my skills. I worked with my coworkers on new products in service by providing training. The hardest part of the job was the time restraints per call. I enjoyed being able to help and satisfy my customers needs.
Pros
great location and office environment
Cons
late hours
Very fun job
Toll Operator (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WIJuly 26, 2016
Very challenging, days went quickly, answered call after call, quota required, management was awesome. The hours were challenging but worth it. Dealing with angry people at times. Co-workers were very helpful and very fun and caring people.
Pros
The job itself, pay, location close to home
Cons
Hours
call center
cutomer service rep (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJune 13, 2016
I enjoyed this job until I was moved to the business office where I had to learn the billing and up-selling of products offered by the company
outside lineman
Outside Lineman/Plant Technician (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, ILMay 24, 2016
It was a nice experience

good hours, meeting new people every day
the hardest part was going up on the lines in the rain
I leaned a lot about line work
Good pay with good benefits
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXMay 2, 2016
Good pay with good benefits but stressful work environment and no job security. ATT outsourcing call center jobs to vendors and overseas
Uverse Installer
Uverse Technician (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCApril 29, 2016
Job was working with people and at their homes. Enjoyed meeting new people. Very detailed oriented. Climbing,stooping, crawl spaces.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
some homes not very clean
rewarding at times
Digital marketing, Direct Mail marketing, S.E.O (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTMarch 30, 2016
Overall a good experience, great people to work with, friends for life.
Day to day scheduling of different customers. Working directly with owners of companies.
Family oriented
Service Representative-LSC Bill Validation (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 11, 2016
SBC was a very family oriented company before becoming AT&T. The company truly cared for it's employees and the morale was so much better
Enjoyed working for Pacific Bell - Family oriented
Senior System Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Ramon, CAMarch 5, 2016
Employees are extremely all hard workers. Most enjoyable part of the job is the relationship built with co-workers with respect. Pacific Bell culture was to me was family oriented which produce a lot of loyalty to the company. I have not seen this in any of the company i work with.
Pros
Enjoyed coming to work
A challenging and fast paced environment
Senior Communications Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Ramon, CAFebruary 20, 2016
A typical day included upgrades, client projects, and adds, moves and changes to the WAN network enterprise wide. Managed a multimillion dollar inventory of available network equipment. Provided port assignments to the network.
excellent department to work
Tech Center Support Agent-Net Issues Lead- (Former Employee) –  San Ramon, CADecember 29, 2015
I truly enjoyed working under the umbrella for SBC Internet services. I received a lot of training with various tools and process which has helped me excel into AT&T Advanced Tech Support. This department converted over to AT&T dsl.
Excellent company at which to work.
Collocation Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXDecember 14, 2015
Job guidelines are clear. I learned about management, meeting deadlines, teamwork. Co-workers always pleasant and helpful.
Pros
Great benefits
N/a
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXOctober 31, 2015
IT Technician responsible for the EDS corporate account, Supporting up to 1500 computers and was later offered a permanent position with EDS and excepted the offer
Excellent Corporation to be employed with.
Administrative Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 13, 2015
Be on time manage your time well and be efficient and friendly at all times. Know your computer systems. Hardest part was being on the phone with a headset all day and taking your scheduled breaks and lunches on time so you get a good rating plus selling products. I like my hours and co workers. we sometimes got free lunches as rewards and always had free coffee and snaks.
Pros
Excellent work environment and Benefits
Cons
Stress a lot because it was a call center
Office Work
Central Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 2, 2015
Good company for a 9 to 5 job, Monday through Friday. Some positions pay well, however there is a lack of creativity involved in this type of environment.
Learned so much, great co-workers,union job
Specialty Customer Care, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Tustin, CASeptember 9, 2015
A diverse group of employees, great opportunities to learn about each department, and advancement. Management was supportive and encouraging, while allowing employees to make reasonable decisions on their own.
Pros
Free employee home phone service, union support.
Cons
Sales expectations instead of Customer Service.
work place
AT&T-Telephone Operator (Former Employee) –  pleasanton,caSeptember 9, 2015
I loved working for SBC/AT&T my coworkers were awesome ,customers that called in for 411 were very trying at times but at times very pleasant to talk to
Great company with excellent benefits
Field Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IllinoisSeptember 2, 2015
SBC cared about its employees and customers and trained us to provide world class customer service. I enjoyed working for SBC and I was excited to come to work daily.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SBC. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3