SBC Employee Reviews

Good work place
Revenue Management Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 15, 2017
Good benefits
excellent pay
tuition
great training
good working hours
great management

At&t will train it;s employees, make sure they have good benefits and pay. Provide sick leave, is a union based company for non management,
Pros
great pay
Cons
Super company to work for.
Desktop Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 27, 2017
One of the best companies I have ever worked for. Very good work culture. Despite it's large size there is a close knit bond between the employees. There is room for advancement.
Same company as at&t
Business Service Representative (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARApril 24, 2017
Managed 30+ service reps daily

Trained them on job functions, evaluated employee-performance monthly

Worked well with all of my subordinates and peers

Most enjoyable part of job - coaching employees on how to reach their metrics goals and be successful in their careers
not a good work environment, nobody worked as a team
Solutions specialist (Former Employee) –  Rosemont, ILApril 12, 2017
I enjoyed the work i did which was setting up 800 numbers for businesses and residential locations on 4 different data bases, i enjoyed meeting and satisfying customer needs and wants. The hardest part was working with my department because i did such an excellent job that it added pressure to the other employees as to why their production wasnt up to point. The management was very unfair and did not reward us properly.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
bad management and unprofessional work environment
Management lack compassion
Directory Assistance Operator (411) (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAApril 11, 2017
while beginning chemotherapy for cancer I continued to work. A manager other then my direct manager made it his mission the have me let go before I was to leave on disability.
Pros
great benefits and co workers
Cons
management was all about the making the buck
Short but Fun
Area Manager, Business Communication Services (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIMarch 28, 2017
We had a CEO who was inspiring, lead by example. It was a fun place to work and offered great benefits, great leadership a clean energetic environment.
Pros
Fun
No benefit
A partner (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen, NJMarch 27, 2017
Works is slow no benefits to many hours self generated money advertisement to costly looking forward to working somewhere that's more steady hours and benefits
Fun place
Software Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Ramon, CAMarch 21, 2017
Work life balance was not great for me. being a large organization, lots of management layers which made it difficult to get help and get thinks done. But culture was great to work in.
Sweathop
Sales Representative/Assistant Technical Manager (Former Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILMarch 21, 2017
Stressful environment to be productive. The opportunities to grow is limited unless management likes you. Have to clock in when arriving, taking a break, and going to lunch. If you do meet your sales quota you recieve good incentives.
Pros
Sales incentive
Cons
No growth pontential
SBC is like work a seasonal job
Network Design Administrator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 10, 2017
SBC had loads of work and people there were great... you just never knew if your dept. was up for down sizing or complete closure... every year at July and January they would lay-off
Pros
Pay and People
Cons
lay-offs
Awesome Company to work for, they are part of the AT&T family
Technical Sales Specialist South Western Bell (Former Employee) –  BostonFebruary 13, 2017
Great benefits, excellent pay and top of the line technology...
When you get down to it, not much separates the top two cell phone companies in the nation. Both have great coverage, strong LTE networks and fast speeds. They both offer a wide range of devices for selective buyers, and in terms of value for your money, are about equal. Consequently, AT&T is a great choice if you need dependable coverage, but want to save what money you can in the process. It might not be quite to Verizon’s standard, but it’s a solid runner-up
Pros
Pay
Great Benefits!
Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 1, 2017
Prodigy was a small company of about 100 people before SBC bought it and tried to use the company's built-in community (something that is very valuable to corporations) to buy their "upgraded internet service."

I don't know much, but my time there was stressful and demeaning. I had a decent job, I didn't feel out of place, but then I started to. My co-workers seemed to talk behind my back. I was majorly paranoid.

Then AT&T bought SBC. Everything changed. I sat at the same desk that I had sat in when I worked for Prodigy, but the company changed hands again. I was stunned. I had a new person to report to, he lived and worked in Chicago. What?
Pros
nice break room, beautiful building with a view
Cons
horrible co workers
Opportunity for advancement/Excellent Training Program/Micro-management
Associate Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIDecember 12, 2016
Now AT&T. Good company to work for. Opportunitites to advance quickly. Training/up-training is first rate. Rewards/bonuses are common especially if expectations/goals are met or exceeded. Pressure to perform is there. Expectations are clearly set including behavior and confidentiality in the workplace. Disciplinary action can be swift for any violations. Environment is diverse and there are many programs that support diversity.
Pros
Diversity/Compensation and reward/Good work environment.
Cons
Miro-manage performance/disciplinary action swift
Provided opportunity for advancemnet.
Telecommunications Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 27, 2016
It was a fast paced environment. There was lots of technical training offered by the company that kept you up to speed with changing technology. Opportunity for advancement.
Pros
Productivity incentives
Cons
Overwhelming work load.
Very rewarding work with company that values their employees
Instructional Designer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 17, 2016
Customer focused company. Learned the technical and administrative side of the business. Love the people that I worked with and customers that I worked for.
Productive Fun a great start place for college hires
UNIX System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 20, 2016
Very flexible with work/life balance. I had a great time working at SBC, learned an incredible amount! Was very inclusive to women and had no issues with anybody there.
Dishonest Company
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 30, 2016
I took this job and was promised PTO, insurance benefits, flexible hours and that I would be able to work from home once a week. Turns out none of this was true. I got no PTO (besides the 3 days CA mandates), the strictest hours I've ever had, and the worst insurance you could have (my copay at the doctor's office was $120). So beware. This is for SBC, Inc in San Diego.
Very short term with this company
Short term contract employee, Posting (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAAugust 12, 2016
Typical Telco from what I could tell in my short time doing contract documentation markups for the fibre & POTS cable pair records.

Cannot speak to any other aspect of this company.
Fast pace, collaborative environment
Collection/Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAAugust 2, 2016
I arrive 15 minutes early. This job was nonstop back to back incoming customer calls regarding billing, sales, and claims resolutions. I learned to work under strict adherence guidelines handling calls in an efficient and timely manner while meeting sales quotas and providing excellent customer service. I worked closely with management to improve/enhance my skills. I worked with my coworkers on new products in service by providing training. The hardest part of the job was the time restraints per call. I enjoyed being able to help and satisfy my customers needs.
Pros
great location and office environment
Cons
late hours
Very fun job
Toll Operator (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WIJuly 26, 2016
Very challenging, days went quickly, answered call after call, quota required, management was awesome. The hours were challenging but worth it. Dealing with angry people at times. Co-workers were very helpful and very fun and caring people.
Pros
The job itself, pay, location close to home
Cons
Hours