SBM Management Employee Reviews

Job security/Advancement is only pro
Sustainability Coordinator (Current Employee) –  West Point, PAApril 21, 2017
Company culture does not involve the backbone of the company which are the janitors and front line service workers. Some job sites are unionized and there is clash between employees and management. There is always cleaning to be done so job security is there.
Pros
Benefits from union and Advancement
Cons
Company culture, Management
SBM Review
Area Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 10, 2017
SBM has a hard time keeping track of their own company with regard to line level employees and local managers. Everyone is spread too thin in order to save the bottom line.
Wouldnt recommend them
Custodian/Janitor (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORApril 6, 2017
Safety meetings were nice and then when you have a concern you are completely ignored. They are sexist, prejudice pigs. They treat their temp employees horribly..
Pros
Cons
everything
dislike
Warehouse Lead Person (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 24, 2017
the management is lazy, don't want to help the people under them. Management lie to your face. never have supplies to do the job. the building we are in and people are lazy, disrespectful and nasty. they walk over the trash they see on the floor. they think we are nothing in that building and expect us to be their maids.
Pros
days off
Cons
being their
Crazy
Lead (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 23, 2017
Unorganized. Never the supplies we need. Management lies all the time. I would not recommended this company . over work and they cut our hours to 70.
Cons
Just not a good company.
Do not work for this company
Custodian (Current Employee) –  MichiganMarch 19, 2017
Just started to work for this company and the reviews are true the managers are liars and will lie to your face. All they care about is the clients. Very unorganized.
Pros
Can eat free at your site
Cons
Low pay
Great company
Porter (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAMarch 15, 2017
Great environment very fair.
Equal opportunity benefits included and pay is reasonable. Great staff and co workers very calm non stressful environment
The lack of compensation, advancement opportunities, and staffing issues are a problem with this company.
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDMarch 7, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job is the challenge. The hardest part of the job is personnel and staffing issues. This industry inherently contains a perpetuating struggle with personnel and staffing. The region and specific location that I am in for this company is such that it is not a great fit in terms of large enough accounts. SBM thrives within projects that have a million or more square footage. There are just not many opportunities in Fargo/Moorhead that are a good fit. There is no vertical movement opportunities or advancement potential in this immediate area.
Pros
Flexability
Cons
Core comptencies of the industry, and staffing issues.
Night shift uder paid and way over worked
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 4, 2017
There's bad communication from management to employees. Day porters don't do anything realy "as needed" means night crew gets over loaded. And don't ask for over time. Only day porters and floor techs get that. And you are forced to use vacation time. Management lies on employees. And they are real sneaky.
Pros
Free dinner if there are no accidents
Cons
Everything works against night crew
Critically flawed leadership and driven by fear
Corporate (Former Employee) –  Corporate HeadquartersMarch 2, 2017
Communication between and within departments is broken. Employees are afraid to speak up due to deeply paranoid and volatile CEO. Workplace culture is tenuous and disingenuously staged.
No Supervision/ Slow to respond
Custodian (Former Employee) –  IllinoisFebruary 25, 2017
I have NO supervision. I work by myself which isn't so bad but when I need supplies supervisors are slow to respond. You do your job without the proper equipment. This company doesn't seem to care much about it's employees, it's all about what YOU can do for them. They tell you what you want to hear but they NEVER do what they say... I wouldn't work for them again.
Pros
Working Alone
Cons
Bad Management
troubled company New Stanton PA
Custodian (Current Employee) –  New Stanton, PAFebruary 23, 2017
Co worker quit in July haven't replaced him yet so I have double the work load. Everyone quits.. turn over is high. Fired my boss never replaced him. Idiot
Pros
I work night janitor in a warehouse so I make up my own hours
Cons
no guidence no leadership no help no answers
Nice co workers
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDFebruary 17, 2017
Very unorganized.Management turnover is about every 3 months.Very short staffed,expected to do what you were hired for and extra .Then they complain about your area not being up to standard.They come up with rules that don't make sense and probably illegal.Some employees come to work high .SBM is not the place for you if you've been employed in the real world.
Pros
Non
Cons
Over worked
Productive workplace.friendly environment
janitorial (Current Employee) –  San Angelo, TXFebruary 15, 2017
Good place to work.friendly people always a good thing.good place to learn new things.cleaning moping taking out trash buffering window cleaning picking up tr
Cons
3030min breaks
unprofessional lazy coworkers
Custodial Worker (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, CAFebruary 6, 2017
coworkers are lazy, like to gossip, cause issues and fights, are left with some or no supervision. Management is unfair, do not respond in a timely manner to employee concerns are sexist, and have no clue about important employee rights information pertaining to HR and SEIU,or how to run a business. supervisors are latchkey with employees and take advantage of company time and materials. Hardest part of job is doing all the work while others do little or nothing, and being constantly sexually harrased by coworkers and site workers.
Pros
its a pay check
Cons
unprofessional all across the board
Tough life
Senior Area Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Eastern DivisionJanuary 31, 2017
Required to do tasks without all the proper training. Management is smart, willing to help, and to only cover their own.Work life balance is poor.
Pros
can run the business like your own
Cons
work life balance and stress
Decent pay if you don't mind stress....
Janitorial Worker (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 26, 2017
No job training, Hispanics are allowed to do whatever they want because most of management are hispanic. Management doesn't listen to their employees concerns. Payroll is a joke, some don't even get a check on payday and sometimes are made to wait until next pay. Management causes confusion and make things harder then they have to be when they are on site. Always short on PPE and cleaning supplies.
Pros
Fast Advancement, great pay, short work week
Cons
Under staffed, over worked, Management plays favorites
poor work/life balance
Something (Former Employee) –  Somewhere, VAJanuary 23, 2017
You are expected to work long hours, weekends, and holidays. The left hand never knew what the right hand was doing and you work for about 6 different people all of whom tell you something different to do. They will also bait and switch you, when I was hired I was told I would be working Monday thru Friday 7-3 instead I was working whenever 630-330 and nights if they wanted, you were never on a set schedule and cannot plan any events with your family. I do not recommend if you have any kind of life outside of work.
Never work for sbm
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 17, 2017
I worked 2 weeks and left because the management is horrible leads are horrible sleeping with the sbm team at amazon irving tx this is the worst job they are not organized and i still haven't even received a check this was weeks ago and they are the worst at handling situations like harassment and also the leads are the worst don't know they jobs all the leads have some type of issues and need prayer
Pros
No pros
Cons
Too much work for too little staff.
Janitorial Worker (Current Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJanuary 11, 2017
Too much work for too little staff, jobs change daily, sometimes we feel like we are cleaning up after toddlers (even though these are grown adults), not enough pay for the things we deal with on a daily basis.
Pros
breaks during the day
Cons
healthcare too expensive

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SBM Management. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6