SBM Management Employee Reviews in United States

One of the worst places to work for
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  South San Francisco, CAFebruary 25, 2016
Benefits and compensation are alright if you make a good negotiation when you start.

Long hours - I mean 10-12 hours days, then they drain you until you are stressed or sick.

No structure or rules for anything - things change according to management on site.

Poor leadership, no work ethics, upper level management (VP level) make blind side for ethical things brought to them.

Employees are just numbers.
over all good company to work
Assistant Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXNovember 5, 2015
SBM has given me the tools to advance and this job. Training was always available to each employee that wanted to advance in this field. Manager was always helpful with an open door policy
Pros
full benifits
it was a good place for me until the contract was lost
Custodial Lead (Former Employee) –  DuPont, WAMay 29, 2016
work day - they kept me busy (good for me)

i learned a lot more about how to be a good manager (awesome)

my manager really cared about helping employees learn & expand their skill set with proper training from an industries standpoint with products & equipment (awesome)

co-workers / what can i say, some worked hard, & some worked hard at doing as little as possible (in my opinion)

hardest part- finding employees willing to do the job properly even after training (lots of turnover makes it hard)

knowing i am doing the best job i can do for the client & my employer
Pros
i enjoy my job & the level service i provided
Cons
wages are on the low side & benefits
GMP (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 15, 2016
The company could care more about every employee, not just the top. Also mobility and training. My work experience has be meh, I believe the management, should have better hands on training, and also show respect and care with their workers. Also Management tend to favor few people,and leads should be able to work and preform their jobs since they are getting paid well. I don't think getting $30k a year to watch people is worth that cost!.
Pros
scheduling
Cons
management, training, environment
run far far away
supervisor (Former Employee) –  South Portland maineMay 5, 2015
If you are thinking about trying to work at sbm well I hope you like being treated Like **** the manager Who comes Up from Rhode island has no clue as to what he is doing. Yelling at people insulting them Putting them down just plan unprofessional behavior. I would say to call hr but they don't care I was a supervisor for sbm I had some good people but sbm didn't see it that way if you can read and have mind of your own then they want to get read of you. They try to make you work all night and not pay you I made 13:94 a hour there but I was salary So after 8 hours were done I was no longer getting payed but sbm wanted me to work 10 or more hours no pay
Pros
nothing i can think of
Cons
all of sbm is the worst company ever
Love my job. Great Opportunity.
Lead Custodian (Current Employee) –  Kenosha, WIMarch 2, 2016
I am currently the lead custodian on 3rd shift. Love my job. Love my employees. Good money. Apply. The job gets better every day. New management. I have been there from the beginning. Way better!!
Pros
Good Pay. Equal opportunity employer!!
Cons
none.
Worse company ever
Developer (Former Employee) –  McClellan, CAMay 10, 2016
I've been working in SBM as Web Developer the first 3 months was ok but by time, the problems show up the CEO micromanage everything the managers want always hear you say "yes" after the 3 months same thing everyday spin in the same place for more than year.
Pros
High pay
Cons
Managers are sucks and they don't know what they doing
This could be a great job for a young male professional
Assistant Site Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 20, 2015
In my experience with the company it is very male dominate and they do not want things to change. I performed well received multiple compliments and promotions but not receive any increases in my compensation. The experience taught me a lot, transferable skills i can take with for the rest of my professional career.
Co. culture was horrible
N/A (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 9, 2016
They have some great people who work there, but leadership and management is less then desirable. Questionable business practices and ethics. Stay away.
Needs improvement
Custodian Worker (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 11, 2016
One of the sites in Raleigh, has poor leadership skills. This particular site is a dirty disgusting site ever. The pay for the amount of work is ridiculous. The lead there needs to either retire or have extensive training.
Pros
Poor pay, poor leadership, underpaid overworked, regional manager is garbage
Cons
Area manger is great!
I know nothing of the management here.
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DE 19801May 25, 2016
The management above my supervisor were either not present or were hidden from the workers by the supervisor. We did not meet anyone from upper management until the very end of our employment.
Custodial job with no job security
Custodial Tech at Intel (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, OROctober 24, 2015
Many different areas and locations available to work at. Different areas of the custodial field to work. Management works well to making sure employees are equipped to do their job properly. Company is union and often times have to cut jobs, which is based entirely on seniority and nothing to do with job performance.
Pros
steady full-time work with set schedule
Cons
regular job cuts
Great co-workers
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Coppell, TXJune 21, 2016
Interesting experience and opportunies, great co-workers, everybody are cordial and respectful with each other. Flexible and very accomodating.
Great experience
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 8, 2016
When I was hired, I was the administrative assistant but because of my skills, I became Office Manager. SBM does have potential for growth and I enjoyed my tenure with them.
fun work place
Janitorial (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 19, 2016
a typical day of enjoyment of seeing the customers happy and appreciate the work that was performed the managment was great the hardest part was the weather
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
Okay place to work just have to be consistent and work fast.
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSAugust 8, 2014
The standard work day is pretty simple nothing changes really.If you need help it takes a while for management to do so unless they are on the chopping the block then they actually work. Unless your willing to work hard for poor pay then this is the job for you other than that they give no benefits and if you get hurt they only worry if it tarnishes their safety record.
Cons
no room for advancement and poor work conditions
Basic Janitorial Work
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Sturtevant, WIOctober 27, 2014
worst company I have ever worked for.
crew member (Former Employee) –  ColoradoNovember 15, 2015
I never seen my supervisor. Never got the supplies I needed. The management was horrible and human resources was even worse.
Pros
absolutely nothing
Cons
no training, no supplies, horrible management.
Enjoyable - but not enough compensation
Accounts Payable Technician/Specialist (Former Employee) –  McClellan, CANovember 6, 2013
I did enjoy my time working as an accounts payable specialist in the in between undergraduate school and law school. However, the compensation was significantly less than I was hoping for and the job required me to work several months' of overtime I was not expecting when I accepted the position. The staff and management were very friendly though.
Pros
friendly environment, free coffee/donuts, holiday events
Cons
too much overtime, not enough pay
Excellent Company
Site Manager (Current Employee) –  Puerto RicoDecember 30, 2015
Great Experience. Outstanding performance. Start in the MIT Program and then work in different accounts. Quality program and software is excellent

2.8