SBM Management Employee Reviews

Safety enviroment work
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Edison, NJSeptember 15, 2016
An excellent company to grow and learn. Good company in operations and training. Excellent safety environment and great in quality control. Excellent co-workers.
Pros
Safety
Cons
health insurance
Worse company in US
An anonymous (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 7, 2016
Stay clear and far. This is not the place for smart innovative thinkers. NOT the place for any minority. Management is horrible. Lots of freinds brought in with 0 experience and you will have to train them.
Pros
Cons
Everything is horrible about this place
Great upward mobility
Regional Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 7, 2016
This company has the potential to be your last job - a career for retirement. However, you have to be willing to put in the hours; a lot of hours!

The company has a lot of programs for their line level employees however, this industry is very competitive so there are lot of budgets that make it difficult to keep your employees happy and paid well.

Great company to start off with for recent college grads and they invest in their managers if they're good. If you're a poor employee, they will be quick to let you go.

There are opportunities galor if you're willing to move out of state or to a different department, but again, the hours may just kill you.
Pros
Upward mobility for hard workers.
Cons
No work-life balance
Sharp Company
Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 19, 2016
I was hired for one thing and was asked to do something completely different. Did not appreciate the bate and switch at all. My direct management was not very supportive and did not have my back when it counted. This was a bad choice for me
Horrible management
costodian (Former Employee) –  Lehi, UTAugust 13, 2016
It was a fun company to work for when it came to other employees, if you don't stay in your area and try to help others you will get written up. They treat you like toddlers, and my area manager was rude to everybody. Night lead was a creep and always had a bad attitude. HR did not listen to complaints because they protect managers and leads even when they are in the wrong. They treat their employees as if they are replaceable. They promise you raises that you never see. Horrible horrible company!
Pros
Fun employees, fast paced
Cons
Horrible managment skills, no room to move up
Terrible company
anonymous (Former Employee) –  Mclellan park, CAJuly 28, 2016
No one knows what they're doing and no training. Everyone hates their jobs, and this is the corporate office. They keep stupid people in for job security and the best people leave. Don't even give this company your time, everyone is unhappy and unaccountable.
Pros
Free lunch twice a month
Cons
Everything, 70+ hour weeks, terrible mgt
The management is terrible
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Lehi, UTJuly 28, 2016
The management is terrible, they have a new head manager at the adobe facility in Lehi Utah and the guy lacks of management skills. The people that work there work with fear, specially the ones at night. The supervisor has some serious anger management issues.
So if you're thinking about applying for this company think twice
Pros
Coworkers are amazing
Cons
Supervisors
Avoid working for SBM Site Services at all costs!!
Day Porter (Former Employee) –  South Portland, MEJuly 13, 2016
My typical work day for SBM Site services started at 9am to 3pm working as a Day porter. The company cuts every employee off at 30 hours to avoid paying benefits. Only management gets benefits. Don't expect to get a raise either, I worked there for 4 years and the company used every excuse to avoid paying me a raise. We are over budget was the famous excuse, year after year. And if you enjoy being treated unprofessional and sworn at by management daily this job is for you. The supervisor at the site suffers from little man syndrome, so he takes his frustrations out on all of his co-workers. Over 80% of the company that sbm sub contracts for says this supervisor is unfit for the position. I would normally say call Human resources when you have a difficult supervisor like this, but they are non existent, and only care whats good for the management team. The hardest part of the job was trying to deal with this difficult supervisor, and trying to accomplish 8 hours of work in a 6 hour time frame. The expectations of this company are outrageous. We had a 3 man crew trying to do a 6 man crews job, and trying to do it properly was impossible. The most enjoyable part of the job was talking and joking with security every morning, which that was deemed as being unprofessional by our unprofessional supervisor. So even that wasn't enjoyable at times. Being ridiculed by management daily was ridiculous. So my advice for anybody that applies for Sbm site services is, do not waste your time your better off working at your local Mcdonalds.
Pros
Nothing i can think off.
Cons
No benefits, No breaks, 10$ an hour starting rate.
I was recently employed at SBM as floor tech and supposedly a supervisor
Floor Tech (Current Employee) –  Owings mills mdJuly 12, 2016
I was recently employed with SBM as Floor Tech and supposedly supervisor. I was very dedicated and giving my best skills which was completely dismissed ..management personnel at this company is completely disorganized not open for Quality suggestions no training process no independent quality evaluations no supplies in work areas .. personnel are not treated correctly with instructions company needs a complete overhaul .. do not listen to complaints or act upon them..
Cons
no breaks
Interesting place to work, good team atmosphere
Custodian/Maintenance worker (Current Employee) –  Bell Helicopter Amarillo, TXJuly 12, 2016
Good place to work, great management, only problem is upkeep of equipment which is not SBM owned. Benefits are good, needs better pay scale.
Pros
Management and coworkers
Cons
Pay scale
Management, work/life
Gmp tech (Former Employee) –  Elkton, vaJuly 9, 2016
Management is terrible, everyone lets outside friendships conflict with their work on the inside. If you need something taken care of you have to go above to the higher bosses of the company. Its always your fault to why things happen or people treat you. You better plan working a lot of over time weekends and holidays. Not a good balance. Too much stress for a $9 an hour job.
Pros
Co workers are awesome.
Cons
Managment, life/work balance, pay/benefits
Terrible Place to Work
Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 9, 2016
Terrible HR Policy and Hiring Practices - The application with all paperwork required to hire an ~$8/hr employee is over 30 pages! WOW! You may say to yourself HR will handle this, the answer is no. All Site Management is responsible and it can be a miserable experience. These applicants are janitors, not Federal Employees.

Management - Most of the Regional/Divisional/Executive Level Management is just glad not to be on site. They are extremely lazy and not very intelligent.

Hiring Practices - Malicious and Intentional to say the least.

Safety Program - Overdone for a janitorial service. Do not sign anything as they will use it to fire you if they want to get rid of you.
Pros
Not many pros here other than the custodial staff is full of good people to work with. However, they are abused by the customer and you have no say so over any of it.
Cons
Bad Management, Bad Hiring Policies (30+ pages to hire an $8hr employee, HR Policy is the worst I have ever seen and Training is terrible.
A very good company too work for.
Floor Technician (Former Employee) –  Salina, KSJuly 7, 2016
You was pretty much on your own with this job, nobody to bother you as long as you do your job and do it good. You can take breaks when you can, you get two fifteen minute breaks and one half hour break.
Pros
good breaks, as long as you do your job, you took your break when you can, great people and great work place and good pay.
Cons
Great place to work for a franchiser
Site Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJune 30, 2016
The sites are run like a franchise; there are specific KPIs to meet, however the rest is left up to the manager. With this type of business environment comes freedom, however in the same breath there is no sense of community or culture.
The most difficult part of the job is that the manager you are the face of the company on site, when it is good it is great, when bad it is really bad.

However, as with any management job, the people who report to you make you!
Great co-workers
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Coppell, TXJune 21, 2016
Interesting experience and opportunies, great co-workers, everybody are cordial and respectful with each other. Flexible and very accomodating.
it was a good place for me until the contract was lost
Custodial Lead (Former Employee) –  DuPont, WAMay 29, 2016
work day - they kept me busy (good for me)

i learned a lot more about how to be a good manager (awesome)

my manager really cared about helping employees learn & expand their skill set with proper training from an industries standpoint with products & equipment (awesome)

co-workers / what can i say, some worked hard, & some worked hard at doing as little as possible (in my opinion)

hardest part- finding employees willing to do the job properly even after training (lots of turnover makes it hard)

knowing i am doing the best job i can do for the client & my employer
Pros
i enjoy my job & the level service i provided
Cons
wages are on the low side & benefits
I know nothing of the management here.
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DE 19801May 25, 2016
The management above my supervisor were either not present or were hidden from the workers by the supervisor. We did not meet anyone from upper management until the very end of our employment.
Worse company ever
Developer (Former Employee) –  McClellan, CAMay 10, 2016
I've been working in SBM as Web Developer the first 3 months was ok but by time, the problems show up the CEO micromanage everything the managers want always hear you say "yes" after the 3 months same thing everyday spin in the same place for more than year.
Pros
High pay
Cons
Managers are sucks and they don't know what they doing
GMP (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 15, 2016
The company could care more about every employee, not just the top. Also mobility and training. My work experience has be meh, I believe the management, should have better hands on training, and also show respect and care with their workers. Also Management tend to favor few people,and leads should be able to work and preform their jobs since they are getting paid well. I don't think getting $30k a year to watch people is worth that cost!.
Pros
scheduling
Cons
management, training, environment
Co. culture was horrible
N/A (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 9, 2016
They have some great people who work there, but leadership and management is less then desirable. Questionable business practices and ethics. Stay away.

2.7