SBM Management Employee Reviews

Never work for sbm
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 17, 2017
I worked 2 weeks and left because the management is horrible leads are horrible sleeping with the sbm team at amazon irving tx this is the worst job they are not organized and i still haven't even received a check this was weeks ago and they are the worst at handling situations like harassment and also the leads are the worst don't know they jobs all the leads have some type of issues and need prayer
Pros
No pros
Cons
Too much work for too little staff.
Janitorial Worker (Current Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJanuary 11, 2017
Too much work for too little staff, jobs change daily, sometimes we feel like we are cleaning up after toddlers (even though these are grown adults), not enough pay for the things we deal with on a daily basis.
Pros
breaks during the day
Cons
healthcare too expensive
Fun job
Day Porter (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PAJanuary 1, 2017
I worked here .managers very good to me . Very good company .all they went is for you to do the job right .I never had a bad things with manager. He was very good to me .I worked in west chester pa .I miss my job the only thing is I wish he could for give me for what happen I always was at work ready to service .waiting for a bus in the cold and wind .I wish I could have my job back
Pros
Cons
Nice place
Bad Company
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Aurora, CODecember 29, 2016
This company is incompetent. They will lie to your face. Talk about time card fraud! Stay far away. If you have no goals, dreams or aspirations, this is the job for you. The management is really unprofessional.
Pros
I got 23/hr at my site
Cons
Company is horrible
Stressful Place
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Wallingford, CTDecember 10, 2016
It is not a complicated job, but the lack of care and attention from management makes it a very stressing job, constantly complaining to their workers but will do nothing to improve employee productivity. Co-workers are the only helpful thing, and that is only some, due to others often instigating problems for other workers. hardest part of the job is the workload given is often too little or way too much work, but talking to management is pointless because they quickly dismiss anything told to them by the crew members.
Pros
Time-management is personal, paid holidays, calling out requires to be only 3 hours before shift.
Cons
bad management, stressful, little to no job training, talking is useless, bad equipment
I dont like the company
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 15, 2016
They don't pay and want to much give a job and take it back They are wrong people to work for so don't work for them they are a joke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Most unorganized job
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 7, 2016
Didn't do custodian work , only females did.
Made you do majority of the warehouse work with a couple other ppl. Had to keep track of your hours & had to clock in by phone recording, Wouldn't recommend!
Good atmosphere
Floor Technician (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 6, 2016
Overall it was a good job good pay good atmosphere it was almost like home away from home it was probably about the best job I had
Ok environment
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Aloha, OROctober 23, 2016
For as large as a company that it is, it's an ok environment. I would have to say average across the board. The only downside is, low pay for expected work.
Pros
Decent structure
Cons
low wages.
Worst place to work in amarillo!
Floor Tech (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXOctober 19, 2016
The place Is a mess. The management is no good. Too many problems with the employees. Nothing works and it's a great place if you want to deal with a maniac who likes to throw keys and his phone against the wall, employee harassment, and a sexist man who thinks that it's alright to yell only at the females and not the males. If I were you guys I would completely AVOID this place in Amarillo,TX.
Pros
Cons
Manager, employee favoritism, lack of respect
Custodian/Janitor (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 11, 2016
Haven't been working here for long but its an ok job. Be prepared for a massage after each shift. Sony have any one harassing you and standing over your shoulder. Pretty much to yourself.
Safety enviroment work
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Edison, NJSeptember 15, 2016
An excellent company to grow and learn. Good company in operations and training. Excellent safety environment and great in quality control. Excellent co-workers.
Pros
Safety
Cons
health insurance
Worse company in US
An anonymous (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 7, 2016
Stay clear and far. This is not the place for smart innovative thinkers. NOT the place for any minority. Management is horrible. Lots of freinds brought in with 0 experience and you will have to train them.
Pros
Cons
Everything is horrible about this place
Great upward mobility
Regional Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 7, 2016
This company has the potential to be your last job - a career for retirement. However, you have to be willing to put in the hours; a lot of hours!

The company has a lot of programs for their line level employees however, this industry is very competitive so there are lot of budgets that make it difficult to keep your employees happy and paid well.

Great company to start off with for recent college grads and they invest in their managers if they're good. If you're a poor employee, they will be quick to let you go.

There are opportunities galor if you're willing to move out of state or to a different department, but again, the hours may just kill you.
Pros
Upward mobility for hard workers.
Cons
No work-life balance
Sharp Company
Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 19, 2016
I was hired for one thing and was asked to do something completely different. Did not appreciate the bate and switch at all. My direct management was not very supportive and did not have my back when it counted. This was a bad choice for me
Horrible management
costodian (Former Employee) –  Lehi, UTAugust 13, 2016
It was a fun company to work for when it came to other employees, if you don't stay in your area and try to help others you will get written up. They treat you like toddlers, and my area manager was rude to everybody. Night lead was a creep and always had a bad attitude. HR did not listen to complaints because they protect managers and leads even when they are in the wrong. They treat their employees as if they are replaceable. They promise you raises that you never see. Horrible horrible company!
Pros
Fun employees, fast paced
Cons
Horrible managment skills, no room to move up
Terrible company
anonymous (Former Employee) –  Mclellan park, CAJuly 28, 2016
No one knows what they're doing and no training. Everyone hates their jobs, and this is the corporate office. They keep stupid people in for job security and the best people leave. Don't even give this company your time, everyone is unhappy and unaccountable.
Pros
Free lunch twice a month
Cons
Everything, 70+ hour weeks, terrible mgt
The management is terrible
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Lehi, UTJuly 28, 2016
The management is terrible, they have a new head manager at the adobe facility in Lehi Utah and the guy lacks of management skills. The people that work there work with fear, specially the ones at night. The supervisor has some serious anger management issues.
So if you're thinking about applying for this company think twice
Pros
Coworkers are amazing
Cons
Supervisors
Avoid working for SBM Site Services at all costs!!
Day Porter (Former Employee) –  South Portland, MEJuly 13, 2016
My typical work day for SBM Site services started at 9am to 3pm working as a Day porter. The company cuts every employee off at 30 hours to avoid paying benefits. Only management gets benefits. Don't expect to get a raise either, I worked there for 4 years and the company used every excuse to avoid paying me a raise. We are over budget was the famous excuse, year after year. And if you enjoy being treated unprofessional and sworn at by management daily this job is for you. The supervisor at the site suffers from little man syndrome, so he takes his frustrations out on all of his co-workers. Over 80% of the company that sbm sub contracts for says this supervisor is unfit for the position. I would normally say call Human resources when you have a difficult supervisor like this, but they are non existent, and only care whats good for the management team. The hardest part of the job was trying to deal with this difficult supervisor, and trying to accomplish 8 hours of work in a 6 hour time frame. The expectations of this company are outrageous. We had a 3 man crew trying to do a 6 man crews job, and trying to do it properly was impossible. The most enjoyable part of the job was talking and joking with security every morning, which that was deemed as being unprofessional by our unprofessional supervisor. So even that wasn't enjoyable at times. Being ridiculed by management daily was ridiculous. So my advice for anybody that applies for Sbm site services is, do not waste your time your better off working at your local Mcdonalds.
Pros
Nothing i can think off.
Cons
No benefits, No breaks, 10$ an hour starting rate.
I was recently employed at SBM as floor tech and supposedly a supervisor
Floor Tech (Current Employee) –  Owings mills mdJuly 12, 2016
I was recently employed with SBM as Floor Tech and supposedly supervisor. I was very dedicated and giving my best skills which was completely dismissed ..management personnel at this company is completely disorganized not open for Quality suggestions no training process no independent quality evaluations no supplies in work areas .. personnel are not treated correctly with instructions company needs a complete overhaul .. do not listen to complaints or act upon them..
Cons
no breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SBM Management. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7