SBM Site Services

SBM Site Services Employer Reviews

Okay place to work just have to be consistent and work fast.
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee), Wichita, KSAugust 8, 2014
Cons: no room for advancement and poor work conditions
The standard work day is pretty simple nothing changes really.If you need help it takes a while for management to do so unless they are on the chopping the block then they actually work. Unless your willing to work hard for poor pay then this is the job for you other than that they give no benefits and if you get hurt they only worry if it tarnishes – more... their safety record. – less
needed new management
HOUSEKEEPER (Former Employee), sturtevent wiJuly 23, 2014
Pros: coworkers were in sync
Cons: pay
management was unfair and chaotic unorganized. co workers were helpful and enjoyable to work with. worked very well as a team
hardwork for cheap pay and bosses with attitudes
Custodian Worker (Former Employee), Sturtevant, WIJune 21, 2014
Pros: they people call in 15 times a month no disicplinary action is taken
Cons: just about everything
The management in this business is terrible there's no structure, or organization. they race discriminate. and I believe I was laid off because I worked harder than others. to this day I have no reason of why I wasn't allowed to work for them any more and they've never followed through with finding me another job like stated by higher management. I – more... was working sunday through Friday 8-10 hour shifts when I was laid off they passed blame onto there employer S.C Johnson I contacted S.C.Johnson formerly and professionally.They sent me a letter with a apology and a review of my personal record and there was no holds or restrictions on me at the time of the lay off or at any time of my employment , They gave me directions to apply for a job through them directly. That proved to me that they lied to me any my co workers of why they laid me off. I have a filed a complaint and legal action be taken through the department of workforce development of Wisconsin for wrongful termination and race discrimination. They think everyone is expendable if you make mistakes they point fingers and blame , instead of helping or retraining properly. – less
It was an ok job.
JANITOR/Sanitor (Former Employee), Santa Ana, CAJune 14, 2014
All you did was clean the whole shift. Make sure you didn't make any mistakes and detailed everything.
Nice place to work
GMP -Custodial Manager Swing shift, Genentech SSF (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAMay 8, 2014
Pros: good place to learn
Cons: too much politic, and pressure to support politics
Excellent place to share knowledge and experience. excellent Support from Team group
Opportunity
Site Manager (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALMay 5, 2014
Great Opportunity for someone who is willing to work hard and learn from others
High stress, yet comfortable position.
Site Manager (Former Employee), DuPont, WAFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: opportunity to hone management and hr skills.
Cons: support from corporate was lacking at times.
At SBM I was responsible for the major outside services such as custodial, landscaping and pest control on a large client site. This position was on the clients site and I balances successfully the relationship between corporate (in another state), the client, my employees and contractors.

The client expected a very high level of service which required – more... consistent monitoring. I enjoyed this challenge and had great overall success. – less
Good first job for recent graduates.
Foup Wash (Former Employee), Hillsboro, ORJanuary 27, 2014
Cons: had to be on 90 day prbation period before getting health insurance.
Great job, good pay, and great hours. Didnt like the environment, co-workers were direspectful and i wasnt treated equally.
fund work place with be on time.
Custodial/janitor (Former Employee), Beaverton, ORDecember 6, 2013
Pros: luch et.
Cons: araes work. walking alot.
Friday .
custodial work .
work with your lead.
lead work .
walk a lot.
work on Friday.
Enjoyable - but not enough compensation
Accounts Payable Technician/Specialist (Former Employee), McClellan, CANovember 6, 2013
Pros: friendly environment, free coffee/donuts, holiday events
Cons: too much overtime, not enough pay
I did enjoy my time working as an accounts payable specialist in the in between undergraduate school and law school. However, the compensation was significantly less than I was hoping for and the job required me to work several months' of overtime I was not expecting when I accepted the position. The staff and management were very friendly though.
produtive work place
Custodian (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 30, 2013
working for SBM is a learning experience. I'm able to meet different people everyday from all over the world.
Family Business
Facilities Manager (Team Lead) (Former Employee), PainterJuly 31, 2013
Fun clean family environment. Schedule was usually 6 days a week, but a normal work day was 7am-2pm great family life!
Fun people
csr (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, COJuly 14, 2013
Pros: fun place to work
Cons: i don't like my schedule.
I like working for SBM, but I need a better schedule and better pay.
terrible company
Regional manager (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 4, 2013
Cons: everything
It is all about the owner, he does not care about his employees at all, he is only concerned about making a profit no matter who he hurts
Of the owner, by the owner, and for the owner
Site Manager (Former Employee), Northern CaliforniaApril 4, 2013
Pros: my employee's were hardworking and grateful that they had a job.
Cons: upper management and endless conference calls.
The marching orders when I was there, "Cut the budget!" "You deal with the union response, but cut the budget!"
too little recognition
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Wichita, KSMarch 30, 2013
for those job seekers who wish to get there hands dirty and do most of all the work while lazy people hide out to avoid doing their share of work
the things that i did not like
Day Porter (Former Employee), Blue Ash, OHDecember 18, 2012
they are a company that only want to hire mexco people.they want towork every one like dogs.if there some thing wrong.they wont do any thing about it.they always put you off .they dont want to pay you.
for the time your hoursyou work.all so if you get hurt on the job.they wont beleve you when.you tell them.this is a company that is verry cheap,the hole – more... time i work for them notheing everywork right.this is the worst place i every work for. – less
Hard work but great managment!
CSR/Custodian (Former Employee), Longmont, CONovember 17, 2012
I worked with SBM for 6 years. It was my first "real" job and it taught me a lot of valuable skills. Leadership, Customer Service, Microsoft programs and the importance of a safe work enviroment. I had some tough co-workers but my managers were amazing and made my time there worth it. They trusted me to finish all task with no supervison. I was a safety – more... lead so it was my responsibility to make sure everyone was safe and practicing good safety while on the job. I grew a lot as a person and this job and if I ever moved back to Colorado I would work there again.

I would say the hardest part of my job was the actual work. I had to move and lift tables bigger than me. Not to mention sometimes the work would pile up so high I would run around like a chicken with their head cut off. However it made me great at multi tasking and it showed me how to work under pressure. I believe every exprience is a good one. There's always room to grow, to be challenged and to become a better you. In the work force and in personal life. Overall, SBM is a great place to work. – less
Don't ask don't tell policy.
Operations Manager (Current Employee), Vacaville, CAOctober 25, 2012
Pros: great post graduate opportunity
Cons: lots of false promises, no work life balance and underpaid.
After accepting a position as an assistant operations manager, I was told how much opportunity there would be to relocate to desirable areas and in a field in line with my passions and strengths.
The assistant ops. manager position was another name for training program and a fluffier title which meant recent college graduate. The alleged 4-month training – more... program had virtually no formalized direction and I was either cleaning cubilces with entry level custodians or sitting in an office w/out any instruction and nothing to do.

After expressing my desire to take on more responsibility, I was blind sided with a visit to another site and offered a job on the spot in middle management. I expressed my desire for the job if the increase in responsibility corresponded to the salary adjustment and after countless promises that it would without any metrics to prove my worth, I was given the run-around between who to reconcile the matter with. Management's philosophy does not take kind to those who are assertive, question their peers and think outside the box. New hires are typically left in the dark and only learn through trial and error.

The coworkers are a pleasure to work with and management has some bright, competent employees but there is no work life balance and the salaries are substantially lower than the average rate of pay for a job in the building maintenance industry.

The job isn't very hard as long as you manage your time well, are organized, and strive at building relationships. What I've learned is to stand up for what you believe in, regardless of what management thinks. Additionally, know that anything said publicly will eventually make it's way to everyone else.

The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the customers because SBM does partner w/ several fortune 100 and 500 companies. – less
Great company
Site Manager (Former Employee), Northridge, CAOctober 1, 2012
Great company to work for. I enjoyed learning and working in the Pharmaceautical field.