SBM Employee Reviews

safe work place
Floor Technician (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXAugust 14, 2017
work at your own pace unsupervised, the team leader was great to work under, guaranteed 40 hrs per week, weekends off, but under payed for job title and work load.
Pros
40 hours a week
Cons
low pay for work load
Great work to be working
Management LLC Site Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 10, 2017
I can't complaint anything, sbm is a great place to work ith, everyone is always engaging making sure all managers do right and and if there is the need of any helps they provide that as well
Great Place to work!
Senior Piping Designer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 6, 2017
I wanted to finish my career at SBM.
The downturn in the Oil industry forced mass layoffs!

I loved the work and responsibility I was given!
I always felt like I was part of the team and part of something much larger.
Pros
Benefits were very good!
Cons
Oil downturn!!
Great Job
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  El Dorado Hills, CAJuly 28, 2017
While working for SBM, I was sub-contracted on location at Blue Shield of California. I honed my skills as a maintenance Tech while doing this and learned the ins and outs of commercial plumbing, electrical and desk office furniture.
productive work place
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COJuly 24, 2017
Mostly cleaned. Typical day at work is mop, dust, clean the window and cleaning the restroom. I learned how to management my time. The hardest part of the job is that your on your feet all day.
Chaotic to an extreme
Corporate Database Architect (Current Employee) –  McClellan Park, CAJune 19, 2017
Very unstable and chaotic. Emphasis on producing results with no resources in a time-boxed environment. Management changes strategic direction monthly and tactical *DAILY*. Turnover among corporate staff is > 50%/year. No documentations, everything is based on tribal knowledge.
Pros
Donuts on Fridays
Cons
Chaotic, no stability, high pressure
Gmp tech
GMP Tech (Former Employee) –  Coventry, RIMay 25, 2017
GMP Tech and SBM is of the same Company like before its a great company for work experience but i would not recommend working there for life or as a career job because of there inefficient management. Management don't quietly talk to the coworker and try to understand their position and what they are experiencing at the moment. Management puts the coworker on the spot and talks about their mistake and etc..
Pros
Its a easy and great working experience if one is looking for a job in the Manufacturing field
Cons
Have to work on Saturdays and holidays
Enjoyable at times, trying at others.
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Cranberry, PAMay 25, 2017
Remove trash, sweep, dust, in designated areas. When tasks are complete, help others as needed.
Learned how to set a routine to get everything done in a timely manner.
If you need help, the supervisor will assist you and explain to you how to do a specific task if needed.
The hardest part of the job is when workloads are added due to call offs.
Most enjoyable part of the job is when everyone works together and help each other. Communication is key.
Pros
Paid holidays, pto days, vacations, all get Turkeys at Thanksgiving
Cons
Short breaks, workloads at times
N/a
Assistant Man (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 27, 2017
A normal workday in the place of business was just normal runs to companies inside the building to disbute mail or lead an outside messenger to the specific companies throughout the building.
Janitor
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Portage, MIMarch 16, 2017
quick 8 hrs kept busy made time go by fast good team work people got along great managment was great nice feed back from them always had encouragment keep us motivated
Learn new things and time is calculated
Clean Room Technician (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORFebruary 4, 2017
great hard worker. Given multiple task that much me completed by the end of the day. Everything is timed on hoe fast u go and the quality.
Good place to work hard work hard money.
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WIJanuary 15, 2017
SBM is a good environment to expand and learn more about the custodial field.It is a place were you can really sink you occupational teeth into and really learn the insides and out of working as a custodian in a high pace factory or warehouse type of work place if you would really love to learn and earn money while working hard trust SBM.
Pros
8 hour work days weekends off.
Cons
High pace fast work.
Poor management
Janitor (Current Employee) –  Kailua, HIDecember 21, 2016
Just sweeping,mopping,dusting emptying trash, making rooms look nice, basic janitorial duties, reporting and damages or needed maintenance on building.
Pros
Slow paced
Cons
Bad work environment
very laid back job
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSSeptember 19, 2016
Great place to work, you receive great benefits. They support and help you during the hoildays...the boss is very laid back as long as you get your job done he has no problems...get it done and correctly.
I love my job.
Cleaner/Janitor (Former Employee) –  1 Hamilton roadSeptember 17, 2016
My typical day of work is checking all the bathrooms, I clean offices, Check for any cleaning requests, and clean everything in lobby. The hardest is when the toilets are clogged, and I enjoy when costumers compliment my cleaning area.
Pros
health insurance
Cons
short breaks
N/a
Gmp (Former Employee) –  NavatoSeptember 14, 2016
they really need to work on job planning and communication. need more support from management and need to do better training.
Dynamic industry leader. Opportunities for advancement.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNAugust 9, 2016
The company shows excellent front-line employee appreciation and an emphasis on promoting a safe work environment. The hardest part of the job is work/life balance.
Cons
work life balance, health benefits, local management
Great learning experience
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCJune 29, 2016
The company will give you all the tools to learn as a manager, sometimes through trial by fire and just figuring it out. You will work hard if you have a larger or difficult site but the work can be rewarding. Sometimes management can be difficult to deal with and the rules behind HR tend to change suddenly.

The hours can be very long at times with no time off while other times can have less hours and time off. The company could pay their managers better to deal with a lot of what is being done.
great people to work with
custdion (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaJune 6, 2016
the work was easy I learned nothing management was good co-workers swesome the best part of the job was at 1;30 going home
Pros
worked with friends
Cons
superviser had it out for me
Productive and fun workplace
CLEANROOM TECHINICIAN (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORMay 6, 2016
Responsible for keeping assigned areas in a clean and orderly condition and free of visible particle contaminations. Communicate in a professional manner and regularly inform supervisor/lead of any changes, progress or problem areas. Comply with safety rules, policies and procedures, and take appropriate safety precautions. Fill in during staff shortages.
Pros
Team work
Cons
Short breaks