SBM

SBM Employer Reviews

Difficult Environment
Operations Manager (Former Employee), CaliforniaSeptember 30, 2014
Pros: good coworkers
Cons: ceo
Mixed messages from senior leadership. Lack of support due to varying emotions from CEO. Senior leadership has good intentions, but cannot successfully function as focus changes. Too much management churn.
Never has what we need
custodian (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: 45 minute lunch, 15 minute break, and 40 hours a week
Cons: dirty looks, no inventory, mess up of pay.
When i was working at sbm, it was almost every week we didn't have what we need. there was alot of people in the buildings and almost everyone gave you a dirty look. people are rude, and they messed up my paycheck.
Nices conpany
Custodian (Former Employee), Newport RISeptember 5, 2014
Pros: serius conpany
Cons: a lot of work.
Good conpany and serius conpany,clen everything and mop ,vaccum ,clen window,etc.
Housekeeping,
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Wichita, KSApril 15, 2014
Cleaning hospitals detailing, I learned about sanitizing, cleaning any debris of out patients. Hardest part of the job was getting to know patients who later passed away. Most enjoyable of the job was getting to know nurses, doctors, and staff that appreciated my work ethic.
Enjoyable, easy.
Custodial Staff (Former Employee), Plymouth, MNDecember 26, 2013
Pros: headphones
Cons: employee attendance.
SBM was an easy and laid-back job. The management was not usually on-site, so it was up to you to find extra deep-cleaning projects to keep you busy.
The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to set your own routine and the satisfaction of a job well done.
Tech Floor
Tech Floor (Former Employee), Bedford, OHNovember 5, 2013
I buffed,stripped, and waxed the floors. It was very enjoyable working their and the management was very friendly. I also took out the garbage, cleaned the bathrooms and took out the garbage. The most difficult part of this job was learning to do the job, to my managers liking. But after i learned how to do it correctly, i was able to do my job very – more... well and efficiently. – less
fun and everyday a different expirence
Lead/Cleanrooms (Former Employee), CASeptember 4, 2013
Pros: overtime
Cons: alot of rude people
I get to my job see what they left to do a special cleanroom, Iv'e learned that the better u listen to ur supervisor the more things u learn in your job. management was awesome they were there to let u now what was the plan of the day coworkers were there to talk about safety and just new plans to make the company better. The hardest part of my job – more... was to monthly's a deep cleaning in all the cleanrooms and labs and it was a deep clean of chairs walls ceiling tables floors. what I enjoyed the most was following the sop step by step getting my job done and having no complaints the next day. – less
Productive and fun workplace
Custodian (Current Employee), Seattle, WASeptember 3, 2013
Great place to work! Teaches the responsibilities of a custodian. The management is very reasonable and co-workers are kind.
productive
Painter (Former Employee), Fridley, MNAugust 30, 2013
enjoyable to work for being that it was productive.I worked well with the staff,just a all around typical day at work.
Cleaning same routine everyday
Janitorial (Former Employee), Worcester, MAAugust 12, 2013
Pros: convenience
Cons: not enough hours to give
The company is not to bad to work for. I would have just liked more hours.
Good Company
Custodian (Intel) (Former Employee), Hillsboro, ORAugust 8, 2013
It was a good company because you got to work for intel. And intel is a good company to work with.
Productive workplace
Janitorial Worker (Former Employee), Waverly, NEJuly 31, 2013
Pros: third shift. benefits.
Cons: shorter breaks
Working third shift was the best. Quiet place to work and the people I worked for were great. Always understanding and tried to help out when you have a question.
what i learnd
Accountant (Former Employee), houston, texasJune 17, 2013
income statrment, balance sheets, accounting program, depreciation
general ledger, lost @ profit report, cash reports, everything about
accounting.
low pay but great benefits
Janitor (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 5, 2013
Pros: good benefits, health insurance, pto, and hoildays off, overtime occasionally
Cons: low wages and hard physical labor.
My typical day at work was usually the job of at least two people. Lots of hard physical work and VERY low pay. Minimum wage or next to it. It was like they expect quality employees and workmanship without paying them quality wages. You get what you pay for. There was always a high turnover except for their few employees that had given up on anything – more... else better. Management related to you okay, good ethnic and sometimes overly nice to you, because the wages were so LOW. There was a diverse work environment which I liked, but the good employees never stayed with the company low. When will companies learn that better wages will increase production and employee turnover? – less
people were kind and careing
Laborer (Former Employee), vancouver waFebruary 11, 2013
a typical day at work was walking around and picking stuff up,co workers were nice
human resource need to step it up
Janitorial Crew Member (Current Employee), Warren, MIFebruary 5, 2013
Pros: nothing
Cons: human resource need to get on there job
sbm is a good company up until it comes about being professional. it needs improvement.
SBM Summary
Custodial Supervisor (Former Employee), Hillsboro, ORJanuary 3, 2013
Pros: good contract work
Cons: company had trouble holding contracts
I enjoyed working for this company as there is alot of room to grow. hard to be flexible to the changes that take place with in this company. They work to satisfy their customers contacted agreements and to sustain their happiness in the work that is done.
poor management
Janitorial Crew Member (Current Employee), Warren, MIDecember 13, 2012
Cons: no raise, poor management skills, not enogh people in each building
Working for sbm is easy and you sometime could have a good day. If it was better management then the work pace would be more productive more stable in less drama. Most of my co-workers are good to get ong with some jus ike drama. Pay days is the enjoyable part of sbm.
Great staff, great benefits but poor management
Instrument/Electrical Design Lead (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 25, 2012
Pros: great staff and benefits.
Cons: unknowlegable management.
A learning expierence for me on "Upstream" work. Unfortunately due to unknowlegable management poor judgement on design was made for most projects.
Excellent
Housekeeping/Janitorial (Current Employee), Memphis, TNApril 18, 2012
I love working for SBM. The management is excellent to work with at SBM.