SC Fuels Employee Reviews

Very Stressfull
Driver/Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 8, 2017
It started out a very good company to work for, then they got new management and then everything changed. Work became very stressful and they demanded more but no increase in pay or compensation.
Pros
fellow employees
Cons
managment
professional, fun smart
Commercial Delivery Driver Class A & B (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJanuary 5, 2017
typical day in office learning each and every day learning new things in general by been responsible, helping others to be perform at the best of there abilities, taking other advice to perform at the of my abilities communication is key to success.
Pros
lunch
Cons
usual 30 min break
Productive work space
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Orange, CASeptember 19, 2016
You are given all the tools needed to complete your job. Management is always present and available to answer questions. It is very much your typical office environment.
Pros
Cons
pay
Fast pace hard lifting
Title Warehouse Operator (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 12, 2016
SC fuels protects there employees and compensates well very competitive atmosphere and always work to be done. Job can sometimes be dangerous but they take employee safety to the max.
Pros
Lunch and bonus
Cons
Out side rain or shine
DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Kilgore, TXJune 1, 2016
Good management and employees. Great environment. Easy access to all needed equipment and products it took to do your .Job
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Mediocre pay
Hard work, and for someone that has never done Fuel delivery, this is a good start.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Paramount, CAMay 25, 2016
For someone with a lot of driving experience, this might not be the job because they will pay you as if you had just come out of driving school. If you just got your license, this might be a great start for you!! weather you have no experience or have 10 years of driving experience (with no Fuel experience), they will pay you equally the same (sucks), which is $18/hr. For hauling Fuel, and doing the labor too!! It's just to low for an experienced driver.
Pros
Medical benefits are good.
Cons
Low pay, you must drive for two years a bobtail before being considered to drive truck and trailer.
Great company, Good corporate structure
Plant Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 18, 2016
My time at SC Fuels was great I loved the people I worked with and my office staff. I would highly recommend them to anybody.
Pros
Free Lunches, bar-b ques each month, Free clothing
Cons
Nothing bad about this company.
Sc fuels
Telemarketer (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAMarch 22, 2016
Great environment and I learned a lot. My supervisor was very supportive and always made sure I was taken care of. He had an open door policy and was a great leader.
Fuel Distributor
Data Entry/Billing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Orange, CaOctober 7, 2015
great place to work, very friendly co-workers. I learned about the fuel industry and billing, management can be very hard and demanding but also friendly. the hardest part of this job was how demanding and stressful it is, the most enjoyable part was being able to be apart of such a great company.
Pros
building relationships with fuel haulers
Enjoyed working with the team I was a part of.
Billing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAApril 17, 2015
Knowing what our individual responsibilities were made it easy to plan the day. Thus allowing us to meet deadlines as an individual and as a team.
Wonderful Company just hard hours to work
Logistic Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Orange, CAFebruary 3, 2015
Loved it wish they had better hours. The work was very tidious and required strong communication and organization skills I loved it and received several employee recognitions while employed at SC Fuels
Pros
Team building
Cons
Long uncompromising hours
some people were hard to work with
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  237 e whitmore ave modesto ca.August 26, 2014
not every day was a good day. l learned that there is so many different types of oil. management wasn't the best. some co workers were hard to work with. the hardest part of the job was to find oil drum locations. the most enjoyable part of the day was clocking out and going home.
Pros
pot lucks every month
Cons
the pay sucked
Productively and great manager
COMMERICAL CREDIT ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Orange City, CAJune 6, 2014
Fast based but productive
Learned about fuels
Open doors with great results
Great team
Letting them know I was relocating
Very fun place and easy learning tools
Pros
Cons
uncountable for monthly bonues
Dispatcher
Procurement Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXDecember 16, 2013
Required to be on call 24/7, the office used an older spreadsheet for data entry.
Fast paced, team focused workplace devoted to providing customers the products and service they required.
EXECUTIVE ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CANovember 27, 2013
Pros
Great leadership!
Cons
Operation team at times lacking a sense of urgency.
Humble workplace
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Orange, CAApril 16, 2013
Business casual work environment, where there are different challenges daily. Work independently, with minimal micromangining. There are different issues that arise daily, which allows me to challenge myself to overcome these hurdles.

Working in a great team enviornment has been the most enjoyable aspect of this job. Given the opportunity to work with such greatly motivated individuals allows me to work hard to not only challenge myself, but to learn from these individuals to grow in my position.
Not enough trainning
Fuel Service tech (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXDecember 4, 2012
Typical day at work was lots of driving to site locations in New Mexico and West Texas. I learned basic fuel tank and fuel pump maintenance. My Manager was not the type of boss that I would want to have he would leave whole days off of paychecks so that overtime was not given to the employees. I rarely worked with any co-workers due to the nature of our work load. The hardest part of the job was making sure that I was paid for all of the hours that I worked. I love to meet new people and fix any problems that might have come up in the course of my day.
Pros
company truck and company gas card
Cons
manager did not care about the employees
File Clerk (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXJuly 13, 2012
I worked here a short period of time temporary to help file the staff here were very friendly. I learned about DOT, and what is required to have a CDL.
Pros
location

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SC Fuels. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2