SC JOHNSON Employee Reviews

culture
Other (Current Employee) –  otherJuly 28, 2017
a typical workday can either be intense 12+ hours of crazy, or just a messed up 8
either way, it's not healthy
Morale is at a very unhealthy point as is turnover
Exciting opportunity for Lean Six Sigma Experts
Manager Business Process & Technology (Current Employee) –  Racine, WIJuly 19, 2017
A challenging environment that is open and interested in process improvement/continuous improvement. Opportunity to dive into Lean Six Sigma Projects that are different and challenging.
Pros
Great pay/Benefits
Questionable management
Senior Associate Entomologist (Current Employee) –  Racine, WIJuly 11, 2017
SCJ likes to tout being a family company, but what that really means is that the Johnson family is only beholden to itself. The culture appears relaxed but it's really more confused. Meeting rarely conclude with anything else than another meeting. It's a revolving door of employees.
Pros
The benefits are great
Cons
No clear job role, management that don't understand what projects they assign
SC Johnson
Safety/Work Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sturtevant, WIJune 20, 2017
During my time at SC Johnson, I was able to attain my BA, gain my safety certificate, and given the opportunity to work in various fields throughout my employment.
Pros
Great people
na
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Racine, WIJune 6, 2017
I enjoyed working there although I was a temp I loved it. I tried to get hired in and politics took over which was one of the reasons I grew to dislike the hiring process they have. I would love to actually be hired in and show the best work I have but they hardly give anyone a chance.
Productive and potential for growth.
Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Racine, WIMay 27, 2017
Productive and potential for growth. Opportunity to work in multiple different domains. The management is very supportive and takes care of the employees.
Excellent people and very productive.
Global EDI Delivery Manager (Current Employee) –  Racine, WIMay 26, 2017
I would recommend this company to anyone who is looking for a Family Owned company with that type of feeling. I have a great deal of respect for the ownership.
Excellent experience
Customer Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Racine, WIMay 23, 2017
Great place to learn from! It gives you best industry practices and you can work with highly experienced professionals that are very challenged and motivated. 1 year of experience there will be equal to 3 years of somewhere else.
upbeat managers providing work/life balance and dedication to product management
SAP PLM label specialist (Contractor) (Current Employee) –  Sturtevant, WIMay 9, 2017
Daily tasks and emails and meeting project milestones, summarizes the weekly activities. Management was upbeat and dedicated to guiding team to best results. The culture was friendly and positive. Hardest part of the job, is learning new skills quick enough to hit the ground running for new projects, but learning is enjoyable.
Pros
Discounts on products
Cons
long and slow hiring process
Valuable experience
Customer Marketing Co-Op (Former Employee) –  Racine, WIApril 18, 2017
Get introduced to the business world by working along side amazing co-workers who are like family. Everyday is something new and doesn't feel like work.
Word of warning to job seekers
Manager (Former Employee) –  Racine, WIFebruary 9, 2017
Overall environment is wonderful at SC Johnson. Good people with a great work ethic. Word of warning: STAY AWAY from GCACS which includes Public Affairs, Communication, Community Affairs, Sustainability, and Government Relations. The management team is unstable and unfair. The turnover is extremely high. Your hard work and dedication will only be measured by how well management actually likes you.
Pros
Great company perks
Cons
Weak management ethics
Fun work place
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Racine, WIJanuary 11, 2017
Very fun work environment. Staff makes you feel like family. They have a gym on the work site. Guaranteed at least one good laugh while you are working
Working on your own tasks and also feeling a sense of family.
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Neenah, WIDecember 31, 2016
I learned how to speak with others in situations when the consumer was irrational and abrasive. Keeping composure and helping them to the best of my ability.
Pros
Meetings
Cons
Getting yelled at
Pay is good but its no family company.
Level 15 technician (Current Employee) –  Bay City MichiganNovember 17, 2016
Current employee/production technician with a lot of years at Bay City Site. This used to be a great place to work but not anymore. Used to be you had to practically kill somebody to get in trouble around here, let alone fired but now we've let more good people go than I can count in just the last year. The morale and culture are noting to write home about. Work with same people for long hours and never speak a word to each other. Its sad. People and management seem out to catch you making a mistake. There are perks, mostly the pay, but that's just a trap to stay in a soul sucking place.The new human resources regime rules the site with an iron fist so if you think they care about you, you'll be dissappointed. The swing shift is harder than you think and takes a lot outta you. Times have really changed in Bay City and I'm just happy to be retiring soon. I wouldn't recommend friends or family to work here.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Swing shift. Human resources. Management style.
Family company turned stricly for profit
Senior Technician (Former Employee) –  Bay City, MINovember 10, 2016
Work there a long time. Try to give you my experience. If your going for a warehouse job pretty much I guess now a entry job to eventually be an line technician. They tried to save money by getting scj personal out of warehouse and contracting out the jobs to save money but it turned to be a huge failure. Highturnover and always having to train new people in warehouse was terrible. I'm not sure how they are working it out but i'm pretty sure you'll start at level 10 and won't really make money unless you move into production. Pay levels go from 10 to 16. Level 16 hard to get. Have to be an expert in alot of areas of plant. Each area of operation you learn increases your level hence pay scale. Unfortuanetly can't raise your level unless your in production. There way of still trying to save money but not having to pay you well unless they want to. Going to post more info if a get enough positive likes I have so much detailed info on what working in production is like. Finally can say how i feel without getting in trouble. Great paying job but had alot negatives and stress to go along with it. If you get assigned to production in building 1175 or the zoo as they call it you'll work twice as hard as every other building on site and they will never let you leave. Bonus eventually you'll get backstabbed.
Pros
Get payed well
Cons
Bad healthcare, Stress, bad management, shift work, smell like plastic at end of shift, poor air quality and not many fellow employees you can trust.
Culture is changing; not the same SC Johnson
Manager at SC Johnson (Former Employee) –  Racine, WINovember 9, 2016
Company has strong ambitions and strong executive leadership, but mid to senior level leadership is struggling to keep up.
Poor management - baycity site
Technician II (Current Employee) –  Bay City, MINovember 1, 2016
Bay City Site management is a JOKE! They have no backbone and treat their employees terribly. Management has no respect for the employees who work their tails off to keep the place afloat and get no support or recognition. The term "family company" only pertains to the owners who are completely out of the picture. The pay is good, but not enough to compensate for the stress that they put their employees through both mentally and physically.
Pros
Profit sharing
Cons
Treat their employees terrible
Pretty chill job
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Woodland, CAAugust 19, 2016
I got to work with a bunch of people daily, the work was slow and repetitive but working alongside people made it better. I would gladly go back to work for SC Johnson
Great working atmosphere
SAP Secuity Analyst (Current Employee) –  Racine, WIJune 29, 2016
Everybody is very friendly and work together to achieve the goals. Very relax atomosphere and experience employees who help each other to meet the deadlines and deliverable.
A Different World
Long Time Employee (Current Employee) –  Racine, WIJune 15, 2016
This is not your parents' SCJ. What was once a culture of family is now a cut throat operation looking at the bottom line instead of people.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SC JOHNSON. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval