SC JOHNSON

SC JOHNSON Employer Reviews

SCJ
Senior Analyst, Customer Supply Chain (Current Employee), Racine, WIAugust 28, 2014
Pros: flexible work schedule
Cons: transformation will outsource a lot of key areas and will lose valuable experience
After announcing the transformation the atmosphere and morale diminished. Work flexibility was great with telecommuting options and summer hours program.
Workday Support
Application Support Lead (Current Employee), Racine, WIJuly 30, 2014
As part of the Project, Responsible for Stream lining the Support process by using SNOW (Service Now) tool to manage the change tickets to support various incidents and work requests.
A great experience
Administrative Assistant - Air Care Marketing (Former Employee), Racine, WIMarch 23, 2014
Pros: 3 weeks paid vacation, holiday time off, 401k match, pension
Cons: expensive healthcare, unable to advance
My favorite things about SC Johnson:
* Work/Life Balance programs: Telecommuting, 401K match, Holiday time off (between Christmas and New Years Day), Company Resort in Minocqua, JMBA recreational facility, cafeteria, bank, company store and gym all on campus.

* The people: all of my managers and co-workers were ready and willing to be my mentor and – more... my advocate. This type of environment makes it nearly impossible to fail…and gave me all the incentive to learn and grow as a person and a professional – less
Sous Chef (Current Employee), Racine, WiNovember 15, 2013
Enjoyed working for this company, met a lot of people made connections.
very repetitive and tedious work
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee), Bay City, MINovember 10, 2013
not hard work just very repetitive and boring work, a typical day would consist of lifting 45 lbs boxes from over my head to a table to open them and put on a line than switch every 20 to the line and put bags inside the boxes slideing by on the line
Challenging, Fast paced, Safety Oriented,
Line Technician (Former Employee), Fresno, CAAugust 1, 2013
Pros: large household name company, was able to purchase household products for my family at employee rate.
Cons: company was leaving fresno
Created ZipLock bags for local distribution.
As a line technician, troubleshooting and repairs, adjustments. Something new to learn every day. Worked alone to solve issues and Team Leads were there when any problems occured with a shut down need.
I was a sponge at this company and learned as much as I could take with me.
Contactor
Information Management and Architecture (Former Employee), Racine, WIJune 26, 2013
Pros: hours were good
Cons: prejudice against outside workers
I contracted at SC Johnson and they treat the contractors significantly different than employees. Employees look at you like you have a third eye.
Good Company, but could be better.
Engineer (Former Employee), Racine, WiJune 6, 2013
Management needs more tune ups and god luck if your career advances here without spending donkey number of years
Great place to develop marketing and general management skills
Brand Lead (Associate Brand Manager) (Current Employee), Racine, WIApril 19, 2013
Great place to develop marketing and general management skills
A good place to work that is slow on innovation.
Lead Designer (Current Employee), Racine, WIApril 7, 2013
I would recommend working here is you want to have a job while you raise a family
Productive, iniciative project
Marketing and Commercialization Associate (Current Employee), Guaynabo, PRFebruary 18, 2013
Pros: summer hours, work life balance
Is an excellence employer but my aspiration is to work in marketing and public relations.
enjoyed & challenging
sales representative (Former Employee), GOLDEN GESS MRKTG COPR.PHILS.January 16, 2013
Pros: free meal, transportation allowance
Cons: 6hours working time
the most enjoyable part of the job is meet & dealing with other people.
Best Company
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Racine, WIOctober 22, 2012
Pros: profit sharing, on-site daycare, unusually caring management
This company is almost unbeatable when it comes to work/life balance and benefits. They truly care about their employees. Employees come first and you feel it everyday.
Family owned company - Manufactured home products
Manager of Hospitality and Facility Services (Former Employee), Racine, WIJune 5, 2012
Reported into global manufactoring majority of the years. Much different from the hospitality industry. I missed the hotel life vs. the corporate life.
If you love to be told what to do, work for SC Johnson
Human Resources (Current Employee), Racine, WIJune 3, 2012
Pros: child care
Cons: little advancement opportunities, short sighted focus
Consensus, consensus, consensus - nothing gets done unless everyone agrees and it takes forever. Lots of hidden agendas. More focus and advancement for those who are good talkers than those who actually produce. Company focus is all screwed up now, too.
Productive, Environment Friendly
Technician- Associate (Current Employee), Bay City, MIApril 30, 2012
Pros: pay, benefits, environment friendly
Cons: swing shift
Work Swing Shift 12hours days and nights. Great company to work for. 1 of the top 10 companys nation wide. Everyone treats each other in respectable manner.
Productive and fun place to work
Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee), Guaynabo, PRMarch 22, 2012
It a productive and fun place to work, all the employees are more than co-worker we are a family.
Fantastic introduction and enviornment
Health Promotions and Fitness Intern (Current Employee), Racine, WIMarch 10, 2012
This has been a fantastic introduction to the field of wellness as I am gaining experience planning, executing, and evaluating events. I am developing programs for personal training clients, perform fitness assessments, I lecture weekly on health topics, and lead a variety of classes.
Turned into so-so company to work for.
Area Manager (Former Employee)October 4, 2011
Pretty much like most companies and getting to be more like them every day. Management is extremely silo'ed and focus is on major teams only. Culture shifted after Sam Johnson died (much like Wal-Mart when Walton died). Small customers are neglected as they were turned over to broker. When I was downzised, I did receive nice serverance but that was – more... because 48 were let go at one time. Others have since been terminated and have not been treated as well. I understand the dynamics of business but there is no loyalty to the people anymore. CEO more concern about being tops in diversity rather than excelling in business growth. Too much of wasted time doing unproductive work rather than focusing on business development. Used to be a fun place to work but has become less so as they preach innovation and creativity, just don't screw up. – less
warehouse
manufacturing 3 processor (Current Employee), Pretoria, GPAugust 27, 2014
Pros: profit sharing & incentives
Cons: overtime & night shift
a typical day is when system failer occurred, the bulk spills allover the vessels and then i have to press the emergency stop button and then after that i have to clean the mess taking some pictures filling the incident report, preparing the one point lesson
what i have learnt is to apply all the safety measures to apply whenever such an indecent happens.
the – more... management were very supportive and my co-workers
the hardest part of the job is when we haven't received the raw materials and components from our customers while we have some large orders from our system
the most enjoyable part of the job is when i have all the ingredients as per orders and when am doing the stock counts and everything balance on the system – less

About SC JOHNSON

S.C. Johnson & Son has helped to make the flyswatter a thing of the past with its pest control in a can. It's one of the world's – Read more