SCA Employee Reviews

Great place to work as an appraiser.
Insurance Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 4, 2016
They are a company that's continually growing and adding more and more companies to their base on insurance clients. They have been great to work with and I nothing but good things to say about this company. They are always on track with help and support and I would recommend highly to anyone wanting to work in this type field of appraisal.
Pros
Lots of Insurance contacts and relationships.
Great out doors work.
Worker (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 8, 2017
Good out doors work for youth. life long lessons and good interactions with a variety of people and requires teamwork. Great work with natures wonders and it's creatures and pays good for the labor that you work. As well as working only weekdays.
Looking for new position because I need to always be challenged
Director (Current Employee) –  Montgomery County, MDSeptember 9, 2016
I enjoy working here, because I am always getting to meet new people. Insurance is always changing and I continually get to learn. I am looking for a job, only because things are going well with our clients and I need to always be challenged.
productive workplace
Assembly Line Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALJune 21, 2016
A typical day at work I learned to manage time to make sure that the correct amount of parts were made each day My coworkers and I all worked hard to make sure the production goal was met. The hardest part of the job was being responsible for myself and others making sure everybody was doing their part in making sure that the job got done. The most enjoyable part about this job was being able to handle my responsibilities well.
Competeive and serious
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALAugust 8, 2016
I m a very hard and decicated worker take my job very serious. My works done on time and right everyday. It was very enjoyable I met a lot of new people learned a lot of dfferent things I never thought I was smart enough to no I loved it
Stay busy
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Harrodsburg, KYOctober 31, 2016
SCA is a great place to work. The team leads and higher ups really keep everyone in check and make sure the jobs get done. Its overall a really good company to work for.
Industrial Worker (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALJune 14, 2016
The job was okay learned different things , worked nights they went by fast. Management was horrible , co-workers was alright. The hardest part of the job was assembling the parts they wasn't any good!
Pros
Cons
short breaks, low income
crazy
Environmental Clean Up Worker (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 20, 2016
I experienced a lot of new and wild things working here but It was truly worth my ride. it taught many so many different thing I never thought I would never experience. I was scared as all life at times but I got over it and love it
Pros
Life
Cons
Pay
union work inviroment
Manufacturing Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Bellemont, AZMarch 17, 2016
very ridged environment...hard to make changes with the current corp structure. very long work hours of 12 plus hours per day..
Productive and fun environment
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Lindbergh, PAJanuary 5, 2016
SCA was a great job if you like working outdoors and helping the environment. There were moments that I felt the job would be to hard but then I got use to went for it. SCA was a great experience for me.

Want to know more about SCA?

Ask a question
Very Challenging, But Well Organized Company
Conservation Worker (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 9, 2015
Serving with SCA was an experience of a lifetime, as I came face to face with nature’s biggest challenges, and has taken responsibility for preserving America’s heritage and the future. Many SCA positions offer stipends, service hours, or academic credit. The SCA position offered personal, professional, and global benefits that helped stay with me long beyond your term of service.
As an SCA member,I had the opportunity to work in some of the most beautiful places in the country – from national parks, to historic sites, to urban green spaces. Whether you’re camping in the wilderness or commuting to your local city park, you’ll get to work outdoors and explore new places as you learn about your natural environment. I made a new friends everyday, I've joined a community of Conservation- Minded Individuals, Tackled new challenges in the field and made a few career connections.
Pros
Live and Work in Amazing Places, Made New Friend, Made an Impact
Went out of business
National Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 22, 2015
Worked for SCA and advanced from sales Rep to National Manager. Enjoyed helping in the rapid growth of this company. Ranked in the top 100 growth companies by INC magazine
Medical Biller/Collector (Current Employee) –  Marina del Rey, CAJuly 2, 2015
Busy with billing and collecting from insurance and patients.
I learned that revenue will always change never the same. Management is outstanding and always reliable. My team mates are awesome. The hardest part to me is not trying to forward our patients to collections. I enjoy fighting with the insurance companies for our claim to be paid at a high rate for out of network.
Pros
managent
Cons
not enough hours in a day
Worplace is very unfair horrible place to work, no incentatives, no vacation time....blah
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALMay 14, 2015
Overworked, doing 2 jobs, only getting paid minimum amount for the type of job I had. No set work time, very unorganized. I learned to keep my composure how to multitask at a faster speed. I also learned how to weld and thinsulate which is a horrible job, but challenging. I learned how to do more than I thought I could bare.
Cons
short breaks, hot as ever
administration and corporate management are sketchy
office worker (Former Employee) –  usaJuly 1, 2015
it used to be a good company to work for but now upper management is sketchy. They talk poorly about their staff and patient care really doesn't seem to be a priority. There is no trust and staff feels uncertain about their jobs.
Pros
good benefits and salary
Cons
cannot trust upper management
great doctors
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 11, 2015
auto posting checks, working denials and with ins companies. refile claims . appeals to insurance company on claims denied. worked with gateway clearing house . Pull and print eobs ,on website with all insurance . I like the job all around ,balancing checks and remits not a worked with hard job. fast pace. worked EMR everyday. spoke with patients re accts.
Pros
flexiable hours
Cons
need more employess
Factory Job
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  New Brighton, PAJanuary 22, 2015
Had many chances to learn the other jobs there but only limited openings. Learned how to run the presses and drive a fork lift. Management there was tolerable. They didn't listen to what we had to say with how to produce better parts since we are the ones at the machines the whole time to see when the better parts are produced instead they speed up the machines and began to make unusable parts. This is a company where we made packaging foam parts so it depended on having a good part in order to protect the consumer goods. Over all I did enjoy working there.
Cons
mandatory overtime and would have to cancel plans
overall information
SCA (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OhAugust 23, 2015
It's a a good job if you like to sit all day and maybe if you have homework to do it makes it fun there are some days that can be boring, however overall its not a bad job and the benifits are great so is management.
Pros
Awesome benifits
Cons
Sitting all day
It is a good place to work but it is not a career.
INVENTORY CONTROL SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Auburn, ALSeptember 29, 2014
A typical day at work is doing cycle counts and bar coding and labeling the parts as they come off of the CKD containers. I also coordinate closely with the purchasing department to make sure that production has the appropriate amount of parts to meet the demands of our customers. Management is chaotic because there are too many people with management responsibilities but none of them have the characteristics to be a good leader.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Good pay, good crew, well managed, plenty of overtime
Welder (Former Employee) –  Independence, KSSeptember 8, 2013
A typical workday involved, a pre-shift meeting where we went over the day's objectives. We were installing heavy machinery and silos. I then went to my assigned area, consulted the blueprints, and welded for 12 hours. I gained valuable experience reading drawings, working with engineers, and welding in multiple positions. The hours were long and the work was very physical, but I really enjoyed it
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No insurance or pension, too much travelling

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SCA. Our community is ready to answer.