SCA

SCA Employer Reviews

Factory Job
Machine Operator (Former Employee), New Brighton, PAJanuary 22, 2015
Cons: mandatory overtime and would have to cancel plans
Had many chances to learn the other jobs there but only limited openings. Learned how to run the presses and drive a fork lift. Management there was tolerable. They didn't listen to what we had to say with how to produce better parts since we are the ones at the machines the whole time to see when the better parts are produced instead they speed up the machines and began to make unusable parts. This is a company where we made packaging foam parts so it depended on having a good part in order to protect the consumer goods. Over all I did enjoy working there.
Productive outdoors job
On field Worker (Former Employee), BrooklynDecember 5, 2014
Typical day would consist of going to work sites and restoring damages done by natural disasters. Learned to work as a team member, and help those around you. Hardest part of the job is staying committed no matter what the weather is outside. Most enjoyable part was seeing the people of the neighborhoods appreciate our work and thank us.
environmental cleaning
Environmental cleaner (Former Employee), John heinz national wildlife refuge 19153December 3, 2014
We would usually be located at a nature park and would clean up the walking trails and the small creeks to keep them fresh. We would also on Fridays go to different locations for a trip like Lincoln college and The Zoo and work with the faculty.
productive place, good hours
Injection Machine Operator (Former Employee), Auburn, ALDecember 2, 2014
Pros: pot luck sometimes during lunch
Cons: short breaks, no good pay
It is an ok work environment, the hardest part about the job is standing up all day in one spot, the best part about the job, is that it is not hard at all
Conscious organization doing valuable work with young adults in the environment
National Operations Director (Former Employee), Seattle, WANovember 15, 2014
Good people working for a worthy cause: teaching young people about environmental issues and supporting environmental efforts in local communities and national parks/forests.
It is a good place to work but it is not a career.
INVENTORY CONTROL SPECIALIST (Current Employee), Auburn, ALSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: close to home
Cons: management
A typical day at work is doing cycle counts and bar coding and labeling the parts as they come off of the CKD containers. I also coordinate closely with the purchasing department to make sure that production has the appropriate amount of parts to meet the demands of our customers. Management is chaotic because there are too many people with management responsibilities but none of them have the characteristics to be a good leader.
Overall a good place to work, getting better, but still some issues
Engineer (Current Employee), Barton, ALSeptember 28, 2014
Engineers and management are generally friendly and good at what they do. Understaffed. Process engineers are stretched thin and work long hours. However, company is making strides toward building for long-term success.
somewhat productive place
Mold Technician (Current Employee), Auburn, ALSeptember 22, 2014
Pros: easy job
Cons: short breaks, lack of pay
a typical day at work would be working in a very fast aced environment. The hardest part of my job is the long boring hours
Productive and growing work place.
Hospital Account Specialist (Former Employee), Carmel, INSeptember 8, 2014
Great team atmosphere. Excellent benefit package. Learned that rapid growth would be more successful with better communication.
i did this already
Staff Nurse (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 26, 2014
Pros: excellent
Cons: breaks
I did this twice already. Great wonderful. love my job . help people. learned a lot
Saloon Services
Star Career Academy Student Saloon (Former Employee), Audubon, PAApril 27, 2014
Pros: same
Cons: same
A typical day at school consist of fine tuning my skills in hair make up while showing my creative flare , my fellow classmates and I routinely compete in competitions among ourselves and with other learning institutions the hardest part of my position as a student at star career academy is knowing that my time at school will be over and I will move forward with my future endeavors, it is bitter sweet
Productive and fun place to work
Finance Assistant (Current Employee), Charlestown, NHMarch 22, 2014
Pros: very people oriented
Cons: nice atmosphere
Very busy and rewarding. Government and non-profit funding is interesting work. Like working with partners/customers to fill their needs in parks and recreations. People at work are easy to work with.
South Glens Falls, NY Location a JOKE
Operator (Former Employee), South Glens Falls, NYJanuary 15, 2014
Pros: lazy people
Cons: management/union in bed w/ one another.
This company allows glass in their product and a cat went through one of the paper machines. The roll of paper was shipped out..
Good pay, good crew, well managed, plenty of overtime
Welder (Former Employee), Independence, KSSeptember 8, 2013
Pros: good pay
Cons: no insurance or pension, too much travelling
A typical workday involved, a pre-shift meeting where we went over the day's objectives. We were installing heavy machinery and silos. I then went to my assigned area, consulted the blueprints, and welded for 12 hours. I gained valuable experience reading drawings, working with engineers, and welding in multiple positions. The hours were long and the work was very physical, but I really enjoyed it
Good consultancy but company no longer exists
Project Manager (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAAugust 8, 2013
SCA was acquired by Mercer Management and it no longer exists.
Job Security
Material Coordinator (Current Employee), Fort Gordon, GAJune 6, 2013
I like the company very good benefits good Co workers . A very good company this is my day job looking for some part time evening and week ends
Walmart
Forklift Driver (Former Employee), Auburn, ALMay 13, 2013
It was a nice well great place to work we work and also had fun at work we would have basketball tournaments, volleyball bbq's.
A position I will always take again because I am preserving the natural state of the National Parks, etc.
Intern Oceanspray Junior Ranger Ambassador (Former Employee), Old San Juan, PRMay 10, 2013
I loved working for the Student Conservation Association. This non-profit organization gave me the opportunity to learn wonderful history, writing skills, and cooperation. I had the opportunity to live and work in the historic part of Puerto Rico.
good place to work
Elect Tech Maintenance II, WTA (Current Employee), Fort Benning, GAFebruary 24, 2013
This is a good company to work for. I have no complaints. I learned alot about govt contracts and military lingo while working there
travel in Va and NC...marketing, sales and teaching of incontinence related materials
Travel/Teaching nurse (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAFebruary 14, 2013
Pros: benefits, company car
Cons: multiple administration changes, less direction for employees
great company at first hiring....then eventually went thru many management changes which brought company satisfaction of both customers and employees down....they sell a wonderful product.

About SCA

SCA is a leading global hygiene and forest products company. The Group develops and produces sustainable personal care, tissue – Read more