SCAFCO Corporation

SCAFCO Corporation United States Employee Reviews

If you take a job with them you will regret it.
Branch Manager (Former Employee), SpokaneMarch 25, 2014
Pros: lunches are long
Cons: training, job security, lack of feedback, lack of direction
Prepare to go in blind with no instructions, no training, and every mistake regardless of it being your fault or not will be yours. They fired their branch manager of 15 years who now works for their competition Steeler. I will say if you are going to California you won't have to deal with politics as much; and you will have a MUCH better boss that is in charge of that area.

March 27, 2014

Thanks, I was thinking about applying for this position and will for sure not. You are the 2nd person I have heard this from.

Mid-sized Production Company
CE Intern (Current Employee), Spokane, WANovember 20, 2013
Mid-sized production company. Fun to work at. Reasonable pay. Smart Management
Great engineering experience and fun working in a multicultural environment
Intern (Former Employee), Spokane Valley, WANovember 13, 2013
Pros: learning autocad 3d, working in a multicultural environment
Cons: unnecessary stress environment
-A typical day at work consisted of me showing up between classes or during summer, 7:00am. I would start my day by looking at weekly projects and create packing lists/hardware packing lists per project. Once the packing lists were created I would put together project manuals for that project. Once manuals were packed I would talked to my supervisor and see what jobs they would like me to do. Occassionally it dealt with performing quality control, doing bin redesign, and creating shop drawings and submitting them down to our manufacturing group.

-I learned how to use AutoCAD 3D, create packing lists, work in an engineering environment, and work with international people.

-Management was professional but made environment rather stressful when not needed.

-Co-workers were great people. They were a lot of fun to work with. Most of them were of different cultures so that was a new experience but well worth it.

-The hardest part of the job was juggling school and work.

-The most enjoyable part of the job was creating and drawing parts then watching them being built down in our manufacturing company.

About SCAFCO Corporation

SCAFCO was established in Spokane, Washington in 1954. It began as a small business known as Spokane Culvert and Fabrication Company – Read more