Scafco Employee Reviews

Low paying back breaking work
machine operator (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAJanuary 13, 2016
Worst company to work for.The pay is very little for the work you do.Raises are non-existent and if you do get one it wont be more than a quarter and if you miss more than 3 days forget about it.The company doesnt care about your health as you have to put up with smoking as you walk through the entrance and inhale second hand smoke every break if you want to be outside.
Pros
You learn to operate different machinery.
Cons
No bonuses, manager, low paying, back breaking work.
Great experience
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAJanuary 12, 2016
Provided me with great experience for the future. Not to many possibilities for advancement within the company. Great benefits and holiday/vacation pay.
Great company
Accounts Payable Clerk (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WASeptember 9, 2016
Great company to work out. Stable and friendly work environment. Hard working team who build starts goes to get the job done. Great team work. Efficient work ethic
If you take a job with them you will regret it.
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  SpokaneMarch 25, 2014
Prepare to go in blind with no instructions, no training, and every mistake regardless of it being your fault or not will be yours. They fired their branch manager of 15 years who now works for their competition Steeler. I will say if you are going to California you won't have to deal with politics as much; and you will have a MUCH better boss that is in charge of that area.
Pros
lunches are long
Cons
training, job security, lack of feedback, lack of direction

Comment – March 27, 2014

Thanks, I was thinking about applying for this position and will for sure not. You are the 2nd person I have heard this from.

Great engineering experience and fun working in a multicultural environment
Intern (Former Employee) –  Spokane Valley, WANovember 13, 2013
-A typical day at work consisted of me showing up between classes or during summer, 7:00am. I would start my day by looking at weekly projects and create packing lists/hardware packing lists per project. Once the packing lists were created I would put together project manuals for that project. Once manuals were packed I would talked to my supervisor and see what jobs they would like me to do. Occassionally it dealt with performing quality control, doing bin redesign, and creating shop drawings and submitting them down to our manufacturing group.

-I learned how to use AutoCAD 3D, create packing lists, work in an engineering environment, and work with international people.

-Management was professional but made environment rather stressful when not needed.

-Co-workers were great people. They were a lot of fun to work with. Most of them were of different cultures so that was a new experience but well worth it.

-The hardest part of the job was juggling school and work.

-The most enjoyable part of the job was creating and drawing parts then watching them being built down in our manufacturing company.
Pros
Learning AutoCAD 3D, working in a multicultural environment
Cons
Unnecessary stress environment
Good Job
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WASeptember 17, 2012
Yet another job I got laid off from in the end but it was alright while it lasted. They taught me how to drive all types of forklifts, how to weld, use a cutting torch, how to operate a bridge crane, and how to load trucks. Loading containers and flatbeds with forklifts was probably the most fun job I've had. The rest of the time we would stage orders or help other departments to keep up with us. The co-workers were great and the managers were alright for the most part. The owner was an amazing guy who knew every employee by name and did his best to reward hard work. The hardest part of the job was some of the heavy lifting and the most enjoyable part figuring out how to space out the weight on the trucks and then load them. Eventually the work ran out though and the majority of the plant was laid off.
Pros
enjoyable steady work while it lasted
Cons
not many
Improved my customer skills
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAJuly 1, 2015
I loaded and unloaded steel studs onto flatbed trucks, pulled customer orders,assisted incoming customers,took care of the yard, and maintained forklift.
Pros
for the most part, I had good people to work with
Cons
too many chiefs...
Great co-workers, difficult upper management.
Mechanical Engineer Safety Intern (Former Employee) –  Valley, WAFebruary 3, 2014
Great shop employees, and co-workers, just a difficult management. CEO likes to micro-manage the entire company, so it hard to get things approved fast.
Great place to work with wonderful people
Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAMay 18, 2014
Drafted steel parts for construction, Designed and implemented strength testing procedures for steel clips, Created spreadsheets to automate engineering calculations, Designed traffic proposals, Designed and constructed product models for sales.
Mid-sized Production Company
CE Intern (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WANovember 20, 2013
Mid-sized production company. Fun to work at. Reasonable pay. Smart Management
High pace job with constant use of multiple vehicles
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Spokane Valley, WAJune 7, 2013
• Use of forklifts, bridge crane, wrap machine
• Package parts
• Load containers for shipping
• Assemble products
• Stage product for shipping
lots of travel
Scaffold Builder/ Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  United StatesAugust 4, 2012
not in the same place for long. traveled to different plants. had great co workers and foreman.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Scafco. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9