Our site is a well established site that is already very successful (top 6000 US ranking in Alexa) but we want to push it to the next level and are looking for developers that can help us make it happen.
We're passionate about our work and are looking for someone to add positively to our successful team. The ideal candidate should bring a combination of knowledge, positive attitude, flexibility and ability to adjust on the fly and a great sense of teamwork and team spirit.
We are looking for the right developer with:
- Strong knowledge of PHP 5, OOP and LAMP stacks.
- Good understanding and experience of MVC Frameworks, preferably in Kohana.
- Strong MySQL knowledge (table design, complex query creation, best practices).
- Experience or knowledge on database design, scaling and replication for large-scale use.
- Experience using SVN, GIT or another repository for storing and coordinating code changes.
- Basic understanding of best practices for security while coding.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills, written and oral communication skills and the motivation and passion to take an assignment from beginning to end and get it done right and in a timely manner.
- Ability to work well in a motivated team environment.
- Experience working with Amazon EC2 and RDS is a plus.
- Experience and understanding of Memcached is a plus.
- Experience and understanding of the Apache Lucene Solr search platform is a plus.
If this sounds like you, send us an email with the following. Applications without all of the below will not be considered:
1. Cover letter with a description about yourself and why you think this would be the right position for you.
2. Resume -- Attach a PDF or Word document or include a URL to an online location.