SCAN Health Plan

SCAN Health Plan Employee Reviews

Freindly and professional staff
Member Service Representative (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAApril 13, 2015
Pros: Employee encentives
Answered inquiries in regards to benefits, claims, referrals, eligibility and other aspect of plan benefit.
Answered inquiries from providers regarding benefit interpretation, eligibility issues and other related issues
Provided excellent customer service – Call Center Environment
Assisted with Outbound Calling Projects
Understood and abided by highly regulated Medicare guidelines, policies and procedures
Educated members, family and friends about benefits and different plan options effectively
Increased members retention by following up and resolving members issues, complaints and concerns in a timely manner
Coordinated resolution with other departments and providers as needed
Documented transaction and summarizing actions taken in appropriate computer system
Managed high volume incoming and outgoing healthcare related calls
Claims Service Representative Sr (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAApril 13, 2015
Great for career advancement , family oriented , SCAN cares about there members and Employees. I started a Temp and was hired on in the claims unit I really enjoyed Working with everyone at SCAN.
client center company with genuine co-workers who are team players
Care Transition Coach (Current Employee), Long Beach, CAApril 3, 2015
Pros: Working from home
Cons: NA
I enjoy helping clients each day navigate the health care system. I learn something new every day- either from the task or from the clients I talk to each day. I am fortunate that my supervisor understands what it can be like talking to clients on the phone and the challeneges we may encounter for each call. I very much enjoy my co-workers as they are friendly and genuine. Although it can be challenging at times, I do enjoy all parts of my job.
Non-profit organization with great intentions
Sales Support Representative (Current Employee), Long Beach, CADecember 29, 2014
Pros: positive feeling knowing i do a great job!
Cons: company always in on-going fluctuation based on time of year
SCAN Health Plan is a very good company with great intentions. The name SCAN stands for Senior Care Action Network. It was started in the 1970's by a group of senior citizens looking for better health care coverage beyond what could be attained by government-issued Medicare. Because of the company's mission and focus on providing great service, I have really enjoyed my time here and I can honestly say this was my favorite part of my job.

My typical day starts out prior to 8:00 a.m. I usually check my e-mails and all correspondence that might have been submitted during the previous night by our large sales staff, which totals above 3,000 sales agents. I like to do this so I can get an early jump on items that might be awaiting a quick turn-around or considered "PRIORITY". I have always taken these items upon my immediate task list since I have served as an outside sales person previously and I am very aware of the urgency and strict timeframes these outside sales agents operate under.

My industry is subjected to a different set of timetables compared to almost any other industry. The number of employees and management staff tends to expand by over 200% for the period known as "Open Enrollment". Once this period ends on December 7th, the staff and management are minimized considerably. Therefore, I have a great working rapport with everybody that comes and goes within the company staff ranks throughout the year.

I have really enjoyed "saving the day" for our sales staff and company throughout my tenure. Because of my reliability and ability to provide top-notch assistance to – more... all I have communicated with in my position, I have become the marquee contact person within the department for assistance and finding answers to the most difficult scenarios.

I have learned quite a few important lessons in my role as a Sales Support Representative at SCAN Health Plan. One of the first lessons I learned was my ability to successfully and quickly master a brand new industry after spending the last ten+ years in the industrial sector. Because of this lesson, I KNOW I can undertake any responsibility expected of me and perform at the highest level imaginable.

The second lesson I would like to describe is my realization of whatever we choose to do in business. . .the successful ventures and companies all adhere to a major factor: TAKE CARE OF THE CUSTOMERS!! I say this because whether your business is delivering newspapers, selling product, or taking care of senior citizens, a company is only as good as what the clientele describes you as. Therefore, always put your best foot forward! – less
Per Diem Licensed Sales Agent (Medicare/AEP)
Licensed Medicare Telesales Agent (Former Employee), Long Beach, CADecember 17, 2014
Pros: salary with commissions, professional campus and leads/marketing
Cons: prioritized telephony system, no overtime allowed to capitalize on sales opportunities
The position of a Licensed Sales Agent is one that should come with ease to most Sales Professionals. With my experience I was able to seamlessly adapt to the Company's CRM/Lead Management Database, Product (Medicare Ratings, Provider Networks, Plan Details) and Selling Practices.

It was pleasant experience however the Department was undergoing a change to it's Management during the busiest time of the year which brought on a few operational challenges.
Friendly and supportive work environment
Member Services Representative (Former Employee), Long Beach, CADecember 9, 2014
Daily work included answering phones to resolve members issues with their healthcare, whether it be with their assigned primary care physician to issues with getting their medications, I was there to help. I was there to solve the issues or if I was unable, triage the call to the correct department. My co-workers were the most helpful as everyone's area of expertise on the floor was different; Most of all, they were always willing to help.
Productive workplace good team
Data Analyst / Report Writer (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAOctober 25, 2014
Check for new tasks assigned in the mornings and work to meet deadlines.

I have gained knowledge of the health care industry and BI tools such as SSRS and SSIS3

Management was hands off as long as deadlines were normally met.
Company with a good Mission
Bilingual Senior Personal Care Planner (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAAugust 19, 2014
Pros: the people assisted
Cons: excellent benefits
Great company to work for..Enjoyed working and assisting with Senior population. co-workers and work environment was very uplifting.
incentive programs and diverse environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAJune 6, 2014
Pros: incentive programs
Cons: benefits
Great place to work and employee friendly. Employee who trains their employees and keep everyone informed by having straight talks. In addition SCAN Health Plan give employee opportunity to advance within the company.
Productive and fun place to work
Member Service Representative (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAMarch 31, 2014
Very Informative. Gave me my knowledge in Administrative field.
interesting
Member Services representative (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAFebruary 6, 2014
i love working in the call center setting meeting new people and helping the clients solve problems
Productive Worker
Eligibility Coordinator (Current Employee), Long BeachJanuary 6, 2014
Great work atmosphere. Have no complaints thus far. Typical work day consist of data entry work, filing, organizing, etc.
Excellent Company Truly Cares About its Members
Sr. Project Manager-Quality and Compliance (Current Employee), Long Beach, CANovember 16, 2013
I have worked at SCAN Health Plan for almost 3 years and have been proud of being part of such a caring, compassionate company. I interact with people from all parts of the company and everyone of them seems to truly want to do what's right and best for those seniors who have chosen SCAN to be their insurance company. The most difficult part is that the company has been around for about 35 years, but the management is fairly immature. The culture is fluctuating which can be hard for employees.
Scan provides HMO healthcare services to Medi-care beneficiaries
Member Service Representative (Former Employee), Long Beach, CANovember 6, 2013
Pros: happy, patient clients.
Cons: only temporary positions
Scan was a great employer to work for, because they provided their employees with competitive compensation, a clean safe work environment, and well furnished facilities. The average day at Scan is fast paced and energetic. The co-worker's are friendly, as well as management. I really enjoyed working with the clients the most- they were always happy when you could help them.
Productive workplace that focuses on the mission
Pharmacy Relations Coordinator (Current Employee), Long Beach, CASeptember 3, 2013
Pros: benefits are excellent
Cons: no advancement within
Daily routine is repetitive, consist of generating CMS/PBM reports, daily quality checks of time sensitive cases (CTM,IRE,CD,DMR), follow ups to mbrs, providers and other internal departments on escalated issues and concerns. Learned to handle escalated issues and communicate/listen effectively to our customers concerns and issues. Overall, the work environment is neutral and the co-workers are awesome.
People were great, management needs direction
Medical Management Analyst (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMay 28, 2013
Pros: flexibility in work environment, good benefits
Cons: major gap between employees and management
moved up quickly, but company executives did not know where they were going
Miss working here, great benefits and great people
Lead File Clerk (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAMarch 30, 2013
Pros: great benefits and people
Cons: company layoff
I started here as a temp through Kelly Services and it was the best job I really enjoyed. I learned so much working with the different departments and employees within the company to help me to navigate and use my clerical skills. My supervisor has me and some other temporary employees working on a project that was to be completed in six months and I was the lead file clerk. We got the job done in three months, before the state auditors came. It made me feel good and confident in my abilities as an office worker when my supervisor told us we did a great job in finishing the project. It was sad when I and the other employees were laid off.
Really, an excellent organization to work for.
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee), Long Beach, CAJanuary 25, 2013
Pros: providing a valuable service in an honorable manner
Cons: not too much opportunity for advancement
Busy, but not chaotic. The Project Management Office has enough standardization that we can support one another and take over each other's projects if necessary, but not so much that we are causing ourselves busy work just to follow our "ideal paradigm". The Project Managers are tactful, but truthful, and interested not only in the success of SCAN but also in project management as a professional skill.
Temps with no benefits
Analyst (Current Employee), Long Beach, CAJanuary 7, 2013
SCAN hires a large number of temporary employees which allows the company to get away with not providing benefits to a large percent of its workforce...
Working for Scan gave me a sense of purpose!
Account Executive (Former Employee), Long Beach, CASeptember 18, 2012
Pros: rewarding job. weekends & holidays off. good commission plan
Cons: a lot of driving up up to 75 miles a day.
I was an Account Executive for the Scan Health Plan. A social hmo for seniors. I would go out to seniors homes and explain our health plan and sign them up to a social hmo that would care for them in their homes in the event of an accident or illness. Putting them and their family at ease. My leads were generated thru Scan. I learned how important it is to have this type of program in place for seniors. At times I would work closely with other reps. Where we would go out to the homes together. My job would become challenging when I would talk with some of the seniors family members. I would need to convince them we can care for their family member at home if necessary. And provide what they need. What I loved most about my job is following up with the seniors at home, and seeing how happy they were to be living at home and being cared for by us.

About SCAN Health Plan

Since we started in 1977, our mission has been the same: Keeping seniors healthy and independent. As one of the largest not-for-profit – Read more

SCAN Health Plan Salaries