SCAN Health Plan Employee Reviews in United States

Busy place forever changing
Claims Appeals Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAAugust 9, 2016
Busy Healthcare company specializing in Medicare. With high focus on member quality. Working directly with appeals staff and assisting with training and system configuration for claims department. Participate in ODR and ODAG audit process. Monthly metric monitoring.
Productive and fun workplace environment
Memeber Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJune 27, 2016
A fast pace exciting work environment, with exceptional easy going management. I learned so much about Health Plans and benefits and how it works within each plan.
The most difficult part of the job is dealing with seniors who have no idea about deductibles and co-pays. I love being able to walk each member through there plan and educating them on how and where to use there benefits.
Sr. Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJune 10, 2016
Good place to work. Awesome working from home program. I would recommend it. They really care about their members. They have good 403B also.
great company
Grievance and Appeals Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAApril 8, 2016
great company
great people
nice facility
learned from my co workers
clean location
nice lunch rooms
professional people
Pros
nice location
Cons
no advancements
Supportive work environment
Geriatric Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CANovember 9, 2015
Excellent team work. Supportive colleagues. Yearly company parties and raffles. Yearly raises. Company is great at maintaining employee morale.
Temporary assignment for staff member out on disability.
Social Worker/Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Signal Hill, CAOctober 5, 2015
Small agency with limited resources and budget. Change of management and high turnover. Clients needs were not being met due to lack of structure and management.
Pros
Mileage reimbursement
Cons
Lack of structure and support to team members
Scan Health Plan
Eligibility Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CASeptember 30, 2015
Love working and fun work place. Most enjoyable worked place and enjoy working with my colleagues and learning from them. It was a great experience.
Good place to work. Makes you apprecaite our Senior citizens more
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Long BeachSeptember 7, 2015
In the accountant department is fast pace and long hours during the first two weeks of the month. Team environment. The office hours are 7-5. Once in a while we would have lunch provided by the company.
Pros
Free lunchs
Cons
Company with incredible mission statement
Sales Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJuly 10, 2015
The management staff is one of the best I have ever been associated with in my complete professional career. The only downfall with working with the company is the strict adherence to limiting compensation paid to employees due to the "non-profit" status of the company.
Pros
Assisting those in need of quality health coverage
Cons
limits in compensation allowed for employees
SCAN Health Plan
Pharmacy Relations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJune 12, 2015
I enjoy working for SCAN Health Plan and have learned a lot about Medicare Part D, which includes meeting timelines, preparing for an audit and working with others. It is a very good experience to encounter and I would refer or recommend anyone to work there. I like the fact that we cater to senior population.
A great place to work where hard work is reconized.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJune 11, 2015
A typical work day would be quite busy with customer calls. What i learned was the difference in health plans and how medicare works. The management was okay but should spend more time with their teams. co workers where nice and some more knowledgeable than others. The hardest part of the job was learning the different computer programs and the most enjoyable part of the job was helping the seniors understand what the plan is about.
Fun and Supportive
Member Services Representative (Former Employee) –  long beach,caMay 3, 2015
great staff with great supervisors
structured and organized but sometimes micromanages
supervisors are supportive and so are staff members
welcoming environment
provides lunch often
Pros
lunches
Cons
micromanages
Freindly and professional staff
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAApril 13, 2015
Answered inquiries in regards to benefits, claims, referrals, eligibility and other aspect of plan benefit.
Answered inquiries from providers regarding benefit interpretation, eligibility issues and other related issues
Provided excellent customer service – Call Center Environment
Assisted with Outbound Calling Projects
Understood and abided by highly regulated Medicare guidelines, policies and procedures
Educated members, family and friends about benefits and different plan options effectively
Increased members retention by following up and resolving members issues, complaints and concerns in a timely manner
Coordinated resolution with other departments and providers as needed
Documented transaction and summarizing actions taken in appropriate computer system
Managed high volume incoming and outgoing healthcare related calls
Pros
Employee encentives
Claims Service Representative Sr (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAApril 13, 2015
Great for career advancement , family oriented , SCAN cares about there members and Employees. I started a Temp and was hired on in the claims unit I really enjoyed Working with everyone at SCAN.
client center company with genuine co-workers who are team players
Care Transition Coach (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAApril 3, 2015
I enjoy helping clients each day navigate the health care system. I learn something new every day- either from the task or from the clients I talk to each day. I am fortunate that my supervisor understands what it can be like talking to clients on the phone and the challeneges we may encounter for each call. I very much enjoy my co-workers as they are friendly and genuine. Although it can be challenging at times, I do enjoy all parts of my job.
Pros
Working from home
Cons
NA
Non-profit organization with great intentions
Sales Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CADecember 29, 2014
SCAN Health Plan is a very good company with great intentions. The name SCAN stands for Senior Care Action Network. It was started in the 1970's by a group of senior citizens looking for better health care coverage beyond what could be attained by government-issued Medicare. Because of the company's mission and focus on providing great service, I have really enjoyed my time here and I can honestly say this was my favorite part of my job.

My typical day starts out prior to 8:00 a.m. I usually check my e-mails and all correspondence that might have been submitted during the previous night by our large sales staff, which totals above 3,000 sales agents. I like to do this so I can get an early jump on items that might be awaiting a quick turn-around or considered "PRIORITY". I have always taken these items upon my immediate task list since I have served as an outside sales person previously and I am very aware of the urgency and strict timeframes these outside sales agents operate under.

My industry is subjected to a different set of timetables compared to almost any other industry. The number of employees and management staff tends to expand by over 200% for the period known as "Open Enrollment". Once this period ends on December 7th, the staff and management are minimized considerably. Therefore, I have a great working rapport with everybody that comes and goes within the company staff ranks throughout the year.

I have really enjoyed "saving the day" for our sales staff and company throughout my tenure. Because of my reliability and ability to provide top-notch assistance to
  more... all I have communicated with in my position, I have become the marquee contact person within the department for assistance and finding answers to the most difficult scenarios.

I have learned quite a few important lessons in my role as a Sales Support Representative at SCAN Health Plan. One of the first lessons I learned was my ability to successfully and quickly master a brand new industry after spending the last ten+ years in the industrial sector. Because of this lesson, I KNOW I can undertake any responsibility expected of me and perform at the highest level imaginable.

The second lesson I would like to describe is my realization of whatever we choose to do in business. . .the successful ventures and companies all adhere to a major factor: TAKE CARE OF THE CUSTOMERS!! I say this because whether your business is delivering newspapers, selling product, or taking care of senior citizens, a company is only as good as what the clientele describes you as. Therefore, always put your best foot forward!
Pros
positive feeling knowing i do a great job!
Cons
company always in on-going fluctuation based on time of year
Per Diem Licensed Sales Agent (Medicare/AEP)
Licensed Medicare Telesales Agent (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CADecember 17, 2014
The position of a Licensed Sales Agent is one that should come with ease to most Sales Professionals. With my experience I was able to seamlessly adapt to the Company's CRM/Lead Management Database, Product (Medicare Ratings, Provider Networks, Plan Details) and Selling Practices.

It was pleasant experience however the Department was undergoing a change to it's Management during the busiest time of the year which brought on a few operational challenges.
Pros
salary with commissions, professional campus and leads/marketing
Cons
prioritized telephony system, no overtime allowed to capitalize on sales opportunities
Friendly and supportive work environment
Member Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CADecember 9, 2014
Daily work included answering phones to resolve members issues with their healthcare, whether it be with their assigned primary care physician to issues with getting their medications, I was there to help. I was there to solve the issues or if I was unable, triage the call to the correct department. My co-workers were the most helpful as everyone's area of expertise on the floor was different; Most of all, they were always willing to help.
Productive workplace good team
Data Analyst / Report Writer (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAOctober 25, 2014
Check for new tasks assigned in the mornings and work to meet deadlines.

I have gained knowledge of the health care industry and BI tools such as SSRS and SSIS3

Management was hands off as long as deadlines were normally met.
Company with a good Mission
Bilingual Senior Personal Care Planner (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAAugust 19, 2014
Great company to work for..Enjoyed working and assisting with Senior population. co-workers and work environment was very uplifting.
Pros
the people assisted
Cons
excellent benefits

SCAN Health Plan Reviews by Location