SCAN Health Plan Employee Reviews

Great Enviornment
Provider Services Data Entry Analyst (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAMay 25, 2017
Everyone who worked there had a friendly attitude. The pay was reasonable for the amount of work. I would recommend to anyone who really enjoyed a fun atmosphere.
A day in the life
Senior Intake coordinator (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAMay 10, 2017
Went out to do assessments on a one to one basis, I learned much about community services and how to coordinate care. The hardest part of the job was to see so many ill people while the best part was to intervene when wanted and connect clients with medical and social services. The typical day at work was visiting clients and then uploading their information on the computer while back at the office.
Stiff atmosphere
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAFebruary 5, 2017
My typical days was processing well over 60 calls per day, I learned how to provide eligiblity with the members and the providers, this is where it all began.
Pros
Monday through Friday Schedule
Cons
Temp Job with no benefits
Incentive
Claims Appeals Specialist (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CADecember 21, 2016
fast pace, friendly, teamwork, deadlines, incentive (bonus,coffee,tea, free lunches, seven holidays paid off with additional days) hours of operation to choose from, overtime, clean facility, lunch room with tv and plenty of microwaves and refrigerators, with lounge and out door lounge, parking spaces and security. And once a month town meeting with CEO.
Pros
overtime
Cons
deadlines
Healthcare industry, great place to work
Sales Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CADecember 12, 2016
Review daily emails, view calendar and daily tasks

Resolve any commission related issues, ensure meeting of SLA

Attend necessary meetings
Pros
Great Industry
Cons
A little old school, outdated systems, ways of doing business
fun staff, meetings with CEO, company lunches
Member Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CANovember 9, 2016
All smiles. Welcoming environment, everyone is here to serve. I learned a lot about the community around me as well lots of helpful information about different medication. Hardest part about this job is the stories you hear from the senior clients; so sad. The enjoyable part of the job are the touching connections yo have with people; with in 5 mins you know the kids name, cats name and being invited to dinner
Pros
the priceless connections with people
Cons
hearing touching stories and not being able to help more
No a fun place to work
Sr. Grievance and Appeals Sr.Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAOctober 6, 2016
No training and the management has no clue regarding the work functions. not good direction and management blames employees for everything.
Pros
Good bonuses
Cons
not so good health benefits
Best place I ever worked
Senior Claims Examiner (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAAugust 15, 2016
Friendly management, care about your needs, I have worked there for 13 years, very diverse culture, great training, great work environment. close to Long Beach Airport, and the 405 freeway
Busy place forever changing
Claims Appeals Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAAugust 9, 2016
Busy Healthcare company specializing in Medicare. With high focus on member quality. Working directly with appeals staff and assisting with training and system configuration for claims department. Participate in ODR and ODAG audit process. Monthly metric monitoring.
Productive and fun workplace environment
Memeber Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJune 27, 2016
A fast pace exciting work environment, with exceptional easy going management. I learned so much about Health Plans and benefits and how it works within each plan.
The most difficult part of the job is dealing with seniors who have no idea about deductibles and co-pays. I love being able to walk each member through there plan and educating them on how and where to use there benefits.
Sr. Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJune 10, 2016
Good place to work. Awesome working from home program. I would recommend it. They really care about their members. They have good 403B also.
great company
Grievance and Appeals Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAApril 8, 2016
great company
great people
nice facility
learned from my co workers
clean location
nice lunch rooms
professional people
Pros
nice location
Cons
no advancements
Supportive work environment
Geriatric Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CANovember 9, 2015
Excellent team work. Supportive colleagues. Yearly company parties and raffles. Yearly raises. Company is great at maintaining employee morale.
Temporary assignment for staff member out on disability.
Social Worker/Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Signal Hill, CAOctober 5, 2015
Small agency with limited resources and budget. Change of management and high turnover. Clients needs were not being met due to lack of structure and management.
Pros
Mileage reimbursement
Cons
Lack of structure and support to team members
Scan Health Plan
Eligibility Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CASeptember 30, 2015
Love working and fun work place. Most enjoyable worked place and enjoy working with my colleagues and learning from them. It was a great experience.
Good place to work. Makes you apprecaite our Senior citizens more
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Long BeachSeptember 7, 2015
In the accountant department is fast pace and long hours during the first two weeks of the month. Team environment. The office hours are 7-5. Once in a while we would have lunch provided by the company.
Pros
Free lunchs
Cons
Company with incredible mission statement
Sales Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJuly 10, 2015
The management staff is one of the best I have ever been associated with in my complete professional career. The only downfall with working with the company is the strict adherence to limiting compensation paid to employees due to the "non-profit" status of the company.
Pros
Assisting those in need of quality health coverage
Cons
limits in compensation allowed for employees
SCAN Health Plan
Pharmacy Relations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJune 12, 2015
I enjoy working for SCAN Health Plan and have learned a lot about Medicare Part D, which includes meeting timelines, preparing for an audit and working with others. It is a very good experience to encounter and I would refer or recommend anyone to work there. I like the fact that we cater to senior population.
A great place to work where hard work is reconized.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJune 11, 2015
A typical work day would be quite busy with customer calls. What i learned was the difference in health plans and how medicare works. The management was okay but should spend more time with their teams. co workers where nice and some more knowledgeable than others. The hardest part of the job was learning the different computer programs and the most enjoyable part of the job was helping the seniors understand what the plan is about.
Fun and Supportive
Member Services Representative (Former Employee) –  long beach,caMay 3, 2015
great staff with great supervisors
structured and organized but sometimes micromanages
supervisors are supportive and so are staff members
welcoming environment
provides lunch often
Pros
lunches
Cons
micromanages

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SCAN Health Plan. Our community is ready to answer.

SCAN Health Plan Reviews by Location