SCANA Corporation Employee Reviews

Good beginner job.
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Aiken, SCMay 24, 2017
No room for growth. You would have to relocate to advance. I was not willing to move to Columbia. I would recommend this job for college students or part time workers
Maintenance Training (Former Employee) –  Jenkinsville, SCMay 24, 2017
This is a great company to work for with excellent benefits. It is a growing company with eyes on the future as they are expanding with 2 new nuclear plants.
Pros
Fantastic people with great locations
Cons
Delays in the nuclear project
Great Place to work
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Aiken, SCMay 10, 2017
Was a great place to work where team work and rewarding the employee was pushed heavily. Your work was valued and celebrated among your peer and management.
Very good job with competitive pay. Work in storms and restoration of power outages affected by storms.
Lead Journeyman Lineman (Current Employee) –  Barnwell, SCApril 14, 2017
Always building new lines or performing maintenance on old lines. The coworkers are the best and management is normally awesome because they were lineman before.
Pros
Pay and hours
Cons
Working when your family is home in a storm situation
great companies to work for
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SCMay 28, 2016
Extensive Customer Service, placing order for future service and credit counseling and being apart of a team that requires a lot of teamwork
A great place to work
Mainframe Systems Programmer IV (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCMay 16, 2016
This company is very family oriented, It has a private club house on the lake for employees and one on the coast of South Carolina. SCANA is principally engaged, through subsidiaries, in regulated electric and natural gas utility operations and other non-regulated energy-related businesses and very visible in this state.
Pros
Cafeteria
Cons
none known
I love that SCANA Energy encourages continuing education
Customer Relations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Aiken, SCMay 10, 2016
For the most part I can say that SCANA Energy as whole is fair and treats their employees with respect. SCANA Energy definitely goes above and beyond for their customers. That is rare in Corporate America. I love that the company has gotten more involved with employees health and wellness. SCANA Energy offers breaks just so that you can exercise and I think that is awesome because most of us don't have time to exercise between work, children, running a home and life demands.
Pros
Benefits and Competive pay
Cons
n/a
Scana is a productive company that 's committed to doing what is right
GIS Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Gastonia, NCMarch 8, 2016
A typical work day for me is going in and taking care of my daily duties. Providing service to my internal and external customers.
My managers are very understanding. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that when I come in to work...that I've got a great group of people to work with. Over the years...that's been important to me.
Pros
Flex time, time to take care of personal matters
Never Again
Customer Relations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Call CenterJanuary 28, 2016
This is by far the most stressful job I have ever had. You will never have a permanent shift. New shifts are bid on every 6 months and you get to pick your shift in order of which employees have the most points. Points are awarded for seniority and can be awarded or taken away for accuracy of calls, being on time, using "personal time" (yes, going to the restroom hurts you) and so much more. This is micromanagement to the fullest. Every second of your work shift is monitored, being available for calls, being on the phone, not on the phone but working on an account, lunch, breaks, "personal time" (hope you don't have a calling from nature when its not a break or it counts against your valuable points), meetings, training and even more. You do not get separate sick time and are only allowed two emergency call out days each year. If you become seriously ill, need short or long term disability or have a child you will not earn any precious points for the time you are out which means you will be at the bottom of the barrel when it comes time to bid on a new shift. The health insurance, pay and benefits that are available are pretty good but not good enough to be berated constantly by customers who do not have their service on because they neglected to pay their bills for multiple months and it is always your fault. The best part of this job was that it provided me with the ability to pay my bills, though I did have to be on medication to work it as long as I did.
Pros
occasional free lunch, forced overtime(if you like that kind of thing)
Cons
micromanagement, forced overtime, hard work/life balance with changing shifts
Very good work experience for a beginner in IT
Infrastructure Technician/ Wk Station Supp. (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCJanuary 17, 2016
I learned how to process workstations for deployment in the field. Processing included setting up brand new computers and other devices with company standard settings and programs as well as logging them in the asset management system so that we can keep track of where they are and who they are assigned to. I also processed old workstations for disposal. Processing of old workstations consisted of wiping the hard drives and removing their asset tag numbers so that we can update the asset management system as to what workstations we have and do not have. Additionally I assisted my team leader with troubleshooting workstation issues such as dysfunctional monitors, programs, and log in issues. During my intern experience I performed maintenance on hardware components such as installing RAM and replacing motherboards and configuring them as necessary. Other miscellaneous tasks I had were assembling mobile docking stations for tablets in fleet vehicles, and organizing our storage closet. My co- workers were all very great guys and kept the work atmosphere interesting.
Pros
meeting new people everyday, lots of downtime between tasks
Cons
lulls in the work flow rendering one inactive
Poor Management
Customer Relations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cayce, SCOctober 26, 2015
I worked for the company for over 6 years and loved every minute there. My Co workers became my family and the culture there is simple, do the right thing for the right reasons the first time. However, when upper management was replaced the environment shifted and was virtually impossible to stay positive and do a good job. The poor choice in management asside, this a company full of excellent, dedicated people and working with them was wonderful.
Benefits
Cons
Good
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCOctober 21, 2015
SCANA is principally engaged, through subsidiaries, in regulated electric and natural gas utility operations and other non-regulated energy-related businesses in South Carolina, North Carolina and Georgia.
Great place great people
Developer Applications (Current Employee) –  Cayce, SCJuly 28, 2015
Good place to work. Very family company and very understanding company. Always willing to work with employees with schedules and accommodate schedules.
Great work life balance
Business Systems Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  Cayce, SCJuly 15, 2015
Company had great benefits and a good work life balance. Not very fast paced or a lot of room to move upwards within the company.
Pros
Great 401k match
Cons
Very slow paced
Family Oriented work environment with a strong focus on safety
Component/ Program Engineer (Current Employee) –  Jenkinsville, SCJune 26, 2015
Management is extremely approachable and very transparent. They make it a point to ensure all employee are abreast to the changes in the company. Take take pride in getting to know employees.

The work culture is focus on safety and providing an atmosphere where concerns can be raised without fear of retaliation.

This is an awesome place to work! Everybody is treated as if you are a member of the family.
Pros
Plenty of opportunities to become involved in the community, helpful people, department outings and gatherings
Cons
No good restaurants near by.
Productive workplace but very hard to advance thru the company
Customer Relations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Aiken, SCMay 6, 2015
Scana is not a bad company to work for per say but management is horrible. However i loved working for the company its just some of the management team that makes it very hard to have a positive workplace.
Pros
good pay
Cons
job security is low
No growth potential
Customer Relations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCApril 19, 2015
A typical day includes processing payments and service orders for customers. My coworkers are a good group of people who are overworked and underpaid. There is little room for growth and lots of people have been stuck in the position for decades.
I enjoyed working hands on with the patients
Customer Relations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Aiken, SCJanuary 22, 2015
I enjoyed the one on one interaction with the patients. There was alot of charting envolved
Coworkers became family
Customer Service SPecialist (Current Employee) –  Charleston ,SCJanuary 3, 2015
I remember being miserable at Wells Fargo with the racisim , teller politics (laughable) , sales and horrible boss that made me feel horrible each day. While some days can be overwhelming with call volume. I know that the calls mean job security. I basically work independently and as long as i come in on time and do my job i know that i will have A JOB. I love it here .
Pros
great pay, no sales, benefits, on site gym and amazing coworkers
Cons
on call, little movement in company
Excellent
Customer Relations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Aiken, SCDecember 15, 2014
Handled in bound calls for natural gas. Scheduled turn on & turn offs

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SCANA Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3