SCANA CORPORATION

SCANA CORPORATION Employee Reviews

No growth potential
Customer Relations Specialist (Current Employee), Columbia, SCApril 19, 2015
A typical day includes processing payments and service orders for customers. My coworkers are a good group of people who are overworked and underpaid. There is little room for growth and lots of people have been stuck in the position for decades.
I enjoyed working hands on with the patients
Customer Relations Specialist (Former Employee), Aiken, SCJanuary 22, 2015
I enjoyed the one on one interaction with the patients. There was alot of charting envolved
Coworkers became family
Customer Service SPecialist (Current Employee), Charleston ,SCJanuary 3, 2015
Pros: great pay, no sales, benefits, on site gym and amazing coworkers
Cons: on call, little movement in company
I remember being miserable at Wells Fargo with the racisim , teller politics (laughable) , sales and horrible boss that made me feel horrible each day. While some days can be overwhelming with call volume. I know that the calls mean job security. I basically work independently and as long as i come in on time and do my job i know that i will have A JOB. I love it here .
Excellent
Customer Relations Specialist (Former Employee), Aiken, SCDecember 15, 2014
Handled in bound calls for natural gas. Scheduled turn on & turn offs
Culture is changing
Senior Producer (Former Employee), Columbia, SCOctober 14, 2014
Depends on who you are whether you'll like it or not.
Upper management is the best. Middle management...
Great company!
Customer Relations Specialist (Former Employee), Cayce, SCSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: excellent benefits.
Cons: working in 24 hour call center could land you any schedule.
This is a great company. Working in customer service is a good way to get your foot in the door.
Wonderful place to work. Close Net Family
Lead Customer Relations Specialist (Former Employee), Aiken, SCSeptember 15, 2014
SCANA Energy's training department prepared me to excel in my job as a Lead Customer Service Associate. SCANA Energy is a family oriented company.
Contractor for SCANA
Contractor (Former Employee), Aiken, SCMay 11, 2014
Pros: learned skills for career path and learn better customer service, the break room was very relaxing
Cons: there were no cons
The typical day was making calls to SCANA clients to collect payment for services and also place work orders in system

I learned to pay attention to detail

My co workers was a balance of those with families and very nice and kind personalities.

The hardest part of the job was that I was in college at the time therefore I had to balance work and class work

Most enjoyable was that I was learning career skills
Very fun and productive atmosphere
Billing Specialist (Former Employee), Cayce, SCApril 26, 2014
Pros: morale was high, very productive work
Cons: low pay
I would handle a finite number of task to be completed by the end of my shift. I learned how to be more efficient in fixing issues with customers' bills. Management was very supportive and kind. My co-workers in and out of my department were very friendly. Systems were having concerns proved to be the only difficult part of the job; having to play catch up, although management understood systematic issues having absolute control over productivity. The overall morale was high and maintained; it was a great experience.
Great Company/Questionable Department
Specialist (Former Employee), ColumbiaApril 23, 2014
Pros: benefits, people
Cons: departmental leadership
Company is great, but the department and leadership where this position resides is a challenge. Favoritism abounds, no room for growth, and leadership that is punitive and not strategic are hallmarks here. Turnover outpaces the rest of the company by far, especially in public relations and web development area.
Application Developer (Former Employee), Jenkinsville, SCMarch 12, 2014
Pros: break when you want to, on site gym
Cons: long drive for me
A typical day at work involves meetings, chatting with coworkers, and getting work done. While it is stressed that you make progress with your work and do your best to make deadlines, you are not micromanaged. You are allowed to work, for the most part, how you want to work. The hardest part of the job is that nothing moves fast. You have to wait on several levels of management and several departments, such as security and DBAs, to get much done. However, if you can get in, it is good place to work.
Great co wokers. Family enviroment
Assist current customers (Current Employee), Charleston, SCFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: great pay and benifits
Cons: short breaks
I currently work for a utility company that provides gas and electric service. I work in a call center with about 60 other representatives. I handle inbound calls . Customers call to request payments arrangments or stop, start or transfer of service. I enjoy the peoople I work with
Great company
Customer Service Department (Former Employee), Columbia, SCDecember 22, 2013
Pros: modern facilities, technology, learning environment
As someone told me when I first started, I agree with "I really think this is one of the companies where the cream rises to the top".
It's not perfect but nothing is. The company treats it's employees well, has lots of perks, will train and develop you, give you plenty of opportunities, and actually pays fair market rates/wages/salaries to their employees. I can't say enough about the amount that I learned here and the opportunities that I was given. This really is one of those companies where if you go to work every day, do your job well, commit to the company and industry, want to be there, that you can plan to retire from. I moved and didn't get that luxury - if I did not move I would still be here.
However, you are monitored all time (maybe not so different from everywhere else) so the quality is top notch if you are okay with the constant checks and monitoring. To me it got to be a little too invasive because it never eases up.
The only thing that I did not experience was a productive relationship with my supervisors. My Managers were great and filled in the gaps - however why would you staff a company with supervisors that do not provide helpful, developmental, constructive feedback and develop their people? I won't get started on this portion because I think that this paragraph is clear enough.
The technology is great, you will stay up to date with news/happenings/software, everything. They even do well by their employees with great perks like areas to work out (relieve some stress during your day at the gym or on the walking trails then take a shower and head back), desks that lift so you can stand at work and not have to sit, etc.
Really a top notch company - just recognize that in an environment like this you have to make sure no one else is vying for your job and make friends everywhere (it's easy, lots of great people!) so that you will be well networked and have the support you need.
Administrative Assistant III (Current Employee), Columbia, SCAugust 14, 2013
Every day you work with a great group of people who is just like your family.
Not my style
CRS (Former Employee), Aiken, SCAugust 9, 2013
Call centers are not for everyone, I enjoyed making new friends but the job was just not for me.
liked what i did but politics made it depressing
Dispatcher/Customer Service (Former Employee), Gastonia, NCAugust 7, 2013
Pros: helping people
Cons: politics, boss allowed some people to degrade others
dispatched orders to guys in the field. process and post work orders.

hardest part was inside closed room no windows, constant stress, lack of support from management
SCANA
Customer Relations Specialist (Former Employee), Columbia, SCJuly 11, 2013
Pros: awesome work environment
I really loved this job and cried when I had to leave with my husband for another state. The co-workers I had were great, they offer many shifts (1st, 2nd, and 3rd). My supervisor was great, he provided feedback on areas to improve in and really worked with me to help hone my skills in customer service. The hardest part of the job is knowing the stories of people that need help and you can not help them with their situation. The most enjoyable part of the job is the events they offer especially during customer service week. A typical day at work would be answering questions related to utilities.
Customer Relations Specialist (Former Employee), Columbia, SCJune 4, 2013
Pros: being gainfully employed
Cons: n/a
Assisted customers in all aspects of customer service, maintained 95% availability, maintained 101% accuracy, maintained 100.91% in total quality and ranked 8 out of 72 employees.

Maintaining customer service skills and meeting daily call center requirements.

Enjoyed working with both co-workers and supervisors.

When bad storms would arise and having to be on standby in case I was called in.

Working to resolve conflicts with customers.
Business oriented environment
Infrastructure Technician II (Current Employee), Cayce, SCMay 29, 2013
A typical day at work consists of making sure all we handle tickets that customers put in when they are having issues. There are thing that i learn everyday since we use new technology. Our management is great whenever we need something to do our jobs better they are their to help.
Scana Corporation has been around for almost 100 years. The best part of the company are our core values. They are words that you can live by.
Operations Assistant (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCMay 21, 2013
Pros: benefits, supporting the community
Cons: i haven't any
-Analyze the work load and determine priorities for the day
-Process work orders / research and solve problems as needed
-Make sure I think about safety while completing every task
-Manage / support needs of the inspectors and the crew leaders
-Collaborate with colleagues as needed when solving problems
-Supporting customer service issues as needed

The hardest part of the job is answering the phone and someone in the office at the same time

The most enjoyable part of the job is the people

SCANA CORPORATION Salaries