Scantron Employee Reviews in United States

Struggling
Implementation Services (Former Employee) –  RemoteSeptember 2, 2015
Scantron is a good company that is struggling to overcome bad acquisitions by it's parent Harland Clarke Holding Corp. The past three years have been horrendous with forced departures of some of the top talent. I credit the CEO with trying to save the company by returning the company to financial stability, but the pain of those changes has really taken a toll.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Uncertain future
Good environment with Great People
Finishing Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbia, PAApril 27, 2015
Would have to a morning meeting with in department about work schedule and expectations of production for daily or weekly schedule. Then I would have to report to another department for notification of the machines I worked closely within another area.
Go to the machine and prep for printing runs. I would have to print inner and outer labels for packs and cartons, prep boxes set up machine for boxes and skidsd. I was only person running and setting up machine for the shift. Enter all data in computers for production totals, calculate downtime and TPMs as well as 5S.

The hardest part was in line wrap needed to be replaced and press did not shut down. But at the same it was the best part of my day.

90% of Co workers were fantastic and good friendly people. From office worker to management to floor. I learned that I am patient and quick whitted when thingd need to be handled. Scantron help me boost my confidence as a person.
Pros
Still family oriented and cared about employees
Cons
Pay increases slow
It's a decent job if you're looking for manufacturing work
Finishing Technician (Current Employee) –  Columbia, PAAugust 12, 2013
I worked as a Finishing Technician. Overall, the job is fairly simple and some aspects are challenging. The company as a whole strives for quantity and quality, the management and supervision was fantastic and friendly! We got advancements when the company was able to do so, we also had other free treats like free pizza, doughnuts, coffee, popcorn, etc. as incentives.
Pros
great management, small company, small incentives throughout the year
Cons
the busy season requires you to work 7 days a week, which can be difficult with a family or social life. the pay is liveable but not exactly desireable.
Not too bad of a place to work, job security unstable
Printing Press Operator (Current Employee) –  Columbia, PAMay 21, 2015
Multiple layoffs in the past few years. Management tells us work there is slowing. Laid off production workers, putting more work on the rest of employees. That being said annual merit increases also have been held in the past. Morale in the shop is bad.
Pros
Vacation, education reimbursement
Cons
healthcare cost, unstable work
OK place to work
Material Handler II (Current Employee) –  Eagan, MNOctober 15, 2012
People are good to work with around here, and you can learn a lot here if you are in the right departement. I have learned a lot about shipping and receiving but would like to move to a job with more room for advancement.
Pros
401k match, school reimbursement
Cons
healthcare, not much advancement, pay is not great
mature business
Press Technician (Current Employee) –  Columbia, PAFebruary 23, 2015
Scantron is a mature business that is In decline. The printing division Is contracting year in and year out. I'm now looking to continue my career at a company with potential.
Pros
i work first shift.
Cons
the business is in decline.
great group of people
Regioanl Director of Sales (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNMarch 31, 2014
Strong assortment of solutions to fulfill client needs.

Great people, great culture and great benefits.
Pros
many products to sell
Cons
many changes to product offerings
Scantron is a changing company.
Manager, Sales Ops (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CANovember 19, 2013
When I started at Scantron, it felt like a family-owned business. It was large but felt personal and home-like. As the company grew and acquired companies and, ultimately was acquired itself, the dynamic changed and it lost its family atmosphere. Perhaps that is a California-based analysis. Maybe in Minnesota, where the headquarters was moved, it still feels that way. I saw changes in CEO seven times in a 3-year period and with each new successor to the position, the value of the California operations diminished.
Pros
potential growth.
Cons
less personal
Provided training on propriety software suites
CORPORATE SOFTWARE TRAINER (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 1, 2014
Provided training on propriety software suites that included generating alternative solutions to resolve testing problems, considered multiple factors when making decisions regarding testing, and maintained testing effectiveness when working closely with people of diverse cultures or backgrounds.

The hardest part of my job was the travel schedule. I traveled to numerous states and often was gone from Sunday thru Friday
Easy going data entry job.
Data Entry Clerk (Current Employee) –  Eagan, MNJanuary 2, 2013
This is a part time job. Mostly keying in surveys and customer feedback on forms using different formats for each type. Was recently trained in to code, which is a task given to only the full time employees. This ads some integrity to my job and some better work flow Everyday brings a new job task.
Pros
very flexible
Cons
work flow comes and goes, and there a several days or weeks with no work at all.
Scantron Review
Material Handler II (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNFebruary 11, 2014
Scantron was not a great place to work and did not treat their employee's the best.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Scantron. Our community is ready to answer.