Scarborough Research Employee Reviews

telephone interviewer
Telephone Interviewer (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 20, 2016
on the phones all day , must have certain amount of surveys done if not your on the chopping block. Use a type of automative system to calculate hom many surveys you should be able to get when you cant count for the people who just don't want to stay on the phone for twenty miniutes
Secure outbound calling work
Market Reasearch/Data Entry (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 4, 2016
This place was fun to work at at first. After all the incentives and bonus games were taken out and management got stricter, it wasnt a fun environment. Besides that it was outbound calling, getting people to take a survey over the phone.
Pros
long breaks
Cons
counting rings can get monotonous
Very low key work place.
Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLOctober 13, 2015
Scarborough was a nice place to work, because of the pay. everything else is just work. The people where great the DM was the best i worked for.
Great/Fun/Job
Survey Researcher (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLOctober 10, 2015
Conduct surveys, Some Good management/Some ok mamagement. Co workers kept to themselves and did own job in own cubicle, easiest part was talking over phone to clients, hardest part was getting yelled at by clients with profanity or threats lol
Pros
excellent job/fun/easy
Cons
company went out of business :(
okay work place
Survey Interviewer (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 1, 2015
If you are okay with sitting on the phone for hours hear it ring over and over again and still being able to stay focused this is a job for you. You place out bound survey calls. Not allowed to have anything at you desk other than coloring sheets and word searches. sometimes you can go hours with out anyone answering.
Pros
friendly suprovisors
Productive place to work
Phone Interviewer (Former Employee) –  sarasota, flJuly 27, 2015
A typical day at work consist of sitting and dialing big cities or sometimes the east coast, a machine automatically generates a phone number and we convince people that answer to take part of a study, that includes a series of telecommunications, such as radio, tv, newspapers, online web access,cable usage, and some general questions about themselves. The company itself is very detailed in the information we acquire from the respondent and management is always monitoring each phone call.In overall each employee dials around 300 numbers each day and I can say that after 2 years of working there, it is always a different day.
Best Place I've Ever Worked
Market Research Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLApril 4, 2015
From management to the co-workers, everyone here was very easy to get along with. It seemed as though we all had matching personalities and that made each night something to enjoy!
Quiet enviroment
Media Research Editor (Current Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLFebruary 4, 2015
My co-workers were very easy to get along with. They were always willing to work as a team. Production and quality were the most important parts of my job and I balanced them both equally.
Benefits
Scarborough Research
PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  SarasotaJanuary 30, 2015
Great team to work with. Night time hours. This company was bought by Nielsen. Benefits and 401k. Free coffee during the shift.
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Night time hours
Great
Research Interviewer (call center) (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 28, 2015
• Review, classify, and record survey data in preparation for computer analysis • Collaborate with other researchers in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of surveys • Consult with clients to identify survey needs and specific requirements, such as special examples • Support, plan, and coordinate operations for single or multiple surveys • Conduct research to gather information about survey topics • Collect and document survey research data
Pros
the pay was ok
Cons
very negative work enviroment
Friendly, slow-paced most of the year
Phone Interviewer (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 26, 2015
Typically slow all year round unless school semester is about to start or semester is about to end, when it's time for school it gets incredibly busy, but other than that it's a very slow paced environment. Co- workers are super friendly and i enjoyed this job very much.
busy work place with hard working team members
Data Entry Processor (Former Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLJanuary 15, 2015
a typical day at work consisted of data entry and multitasking different projects, I learned how to manage my time and great team work with my co workers. most enjoyable part of my job was been successful at my deadlines .
Pros
lots of holidays and free lunches
Cons
Don't have any
Great incentives and friendly environment
Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLDecember 15, 2014
Great company to work for. Did surveys and had a great team of employees and management.
Closed Down Due to Corporate Buyout
Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLNovember 24, 2014
Working for Scarborough Research was an experience. The Manager kept it interesting, and you never sat in the same place all the time.

Having Patience was key to success and getting through a work day. But the occasional treats were always welcome. My co-workers expanded from all walks of life, from ages 18-80. People of various backgrounds from sales to security. We worked evenings so many of the people I worked with had daytime jobs as well.

The most difficult part of the job was the people you dealt with. Ofcourse that was also one of the greatest parts of the job as well. One person can make you miserable, while another can make your day. When that call for someone decent came, it was a breath of fresh air, and it made all the verbal abuse and hang ups, as well as any other difficulties disappear.
Pros
Good Co-workers
Cons
Office got closed down due to corporate buyout.
Working at scarbrough
Telephone Interveiwer (Former Employee) –  san antonio, TXSeptember 23, 2014
Good Work experience
Had good phone coaches
good work system
very easy
Great part time job
Interviewer (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 27, 2014
If your a college student this is a great place to work for. If you need a second job to work at, I do recommend.
Pros
Incentives
Cons
Turnover
must be hard working and able to handle rude customers
Interviewer (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLMay 15, 2014
Nielsen just bought this company and as of Sept 30, 2014 this office is closing they are still hiring on a temporary basis. 220 will be laid off. Nielsen has eliminated most bonuses for a job well done that were paid when owned by Scarborough. So income reduced.
Pros
good co-workers, pleasant office, occasional meals or snacks, great office manager.
Cons
difficult because people are called at least 25 times
laid back fun easy place to work
phone surveyor (Current Employee) –  San AntonioMay 11, 2014
I'm a seasoned call center rep. This place is a breeze. Just study and be confident, listen to feedback you'll be fine.best part time job ever!
Pros
pizza
Cons
nothing
call center
media research interviewer (Former Employee) –  sarasota flApril 29, 2014
clock in and go to my booth. put my headset on and began to make outbound calls all over the nation. we were not allowed to conduct surveys with businesses. making the introduction short n sweet without prolonging the reason for my call would help out. then the responder would know I am just trying to my job as quick and smooth for both ends of the line and not wasting time. I loved when I had those hard to hear elderly folks because as the survey would continue we would begin opening up , well it felt like a friendship. everyone was layed back casual attire. with a great break room including a massage chair. we would get incentives for completing a certain amount of surveys a night.
Fun and good pay
Interviewer (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 10, 2013
Easy money to do an easy job. The only hard part is dealing with stupid Americans.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Scarborough Research. Our community is ready to answer.

Scarborough Research Reviews by Location