SCCI Employee Reviews in United States

enjoyable but can be exausting
comic-con commitee/Con Suite room overseer (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 31, 2015
Its a large place that is usually packed with over 200,000 people once a year for 4 days. Lots of cosplayers that roam the streets. Venders are pretty nice sometimes but some are pushy. Volunteers don't get paid to work since its mostly community services. I have learned from working with other volunteers that helping others and getting over my shyness was the best option since I struggled with it for a long time due to being part of a military family. my friends in the department i worked for were all nice and helpped me comprehend things that i usually don't understand most of the time. The hardest part of the job being that since theres no parking thats affordable most of the time, it made it hard to attend the morning shift i needed to work for, making me have to work the afternoon shift. the most enjoyable part was making new friends and meeting other staff members that one day I might work with who are nice and helpped me with getting to better understand the place i worked at.
Pros
More committee members to talk to, meet all sorts of people from all around the world
Cons
lack of parking, lack of nearby places to be at for cheap.
Not a reliable company
CM (Former Employee) –  DahlgrenJuly 14, 2015
Management/Leads will tell you things you are not allow to do, wear, etc but will do it themselves, along with other coworkers. Management/Leads will not hesitate to talk about you, behind your back and are not friendly. They will make you fill very uncomfortable. The management/leads will tell what you what your work requirements are before you can obtain all the equipment and software needed, but you will figure out the reason your responsibilities are set up this way and demanding, because they do not want to do the responsibilities themselves.
Benefits
Cons
Management, company job security
Excellent first post graduate job!
System Test Engineer (Current Employee) –  Dahlgren, VAJune 10, 2015
I like SCCI very much. The pay and benefits are excellent, and the work as a system test engineer is very interesting. I am not micro-managed which is very relieving.
Pros
No micro-management
Great place to work!
Quality Specialist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TexasApril 29, 2015
I love working for SCCI. Working for a greater cause with great, smart people who care and are passionate about the product and the customers. Employees are from a diverse background from Hollywood movies, retired military, previous educators. Many here have been working for the company for 10-15-20 years, along with new blood. The Austin office is a small group, you are quickly part of the SCCI family.
I also love my manager's hands free, try new things style. I have been thriving and find my self excited about working in the Tech world after a small hiatus.
Pros
Family atmosphere, Managment that listens, good work for a good cause.
Cons
Workflow ebbs and flows, need to get used to.
Poorly Run...not much employee care
Training Documentation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dahlgren, VAMarch 20, 2015
The good:
Benefits seems fair, and they were flexible with teleworking when weather was bad.

The bad:

Don't expect any consistent or legitimate training in your position. Five different people will tell you to do it five different ways, each criticizing you for not following their method.

Employees constantly feel their job is on the line, despite work effort. Managers are inexperienced and anxious, so many small mistake is highly scrutinized.

Managers gossip constantly about their employees and other managers - very unprofessional. Leads to a lack of trust among co-workers.

Personal emergencies are not taken seriously. Will not make any effort to let employees take care of emergencies without being penalized.

You're either in the tight core of "friendly" employees, or you're not - constantly on your toes and feeling unease.

Conclusion:
This company tried to be a solid company while continuing falling short. They are too eager, desperate and inexperienced to handle their employees and business. If anything doesn't go as plan, managers get frazzled and take it out on employees.
Pros
benefits, teleworking
Cons
managers, job security
Disparate Management Group
Project CM /IT Analyst (Former Employee) –  King George, VAMarch 9, 2015
Not a very cohesive group of managers. They tend to lead in different and disparate ways and don't seem to follow a coherent, cohesive set of policies and styles. Managers tend to gossip about one another which can make employees feel disconnected and one-sided. HR is remotely involved in employee transactions and does not appear to help control management.
Pros
occasional lunches
Cons
management
Unorganized company
Junior Systems Administrator/ISSO (Former Employee) –  King George, VAMarch 8, 2015
Was hired for one position but, the manager would not allow me to conduct daily basic operations. Small company displaying very small sighted values. Would NOT recommend this company to others.
Na
System Engineer (Former Employee) –  ArchitectJanuary 3, 2015
NA. See resume.

•Define & develop the Architecture Development Process for DODAF 2.0 in accordance with DON architecture guidelines for the Strike Weapon Systems Division.
•Develop DoDAF 2.0 viewpoints (AVs, OVs, SVs & STDVs) using Object-Oriented Methodology. Viewpoints were developed using Unified Profile for DoDAF by the Object Management Group (OMG).
•Review the developed DoDAF 2.0 viewpoints with Internal and External Stakeholders within NSWC Division and implemented feedbacks back into the viewpoint.
•Conduct extensive Enterprise Architecture tool evaluation; Magicdraw, Sparx Enterprise Architect & IBM System Architect.
•Using Microsoft Project, develop & modify the NSWC Tomahawk Weapon System Information Support Plan (ISP) V schedule.
•Participate in 3-day weekly architecture meetings.