SCEA

SCEA Employer Reviews

Video game testing
Video Game Analyst (Current Employee), San Diego, CADecember 11, 2012
Pros: you get to play video games
Cons: you have to play video games
On a typical day at SCEA we test new and upcoming video game releases before the general public knows whats coming out.
Busy and productive office environment
QA Tester (Temp) (Former Employee), Liverpool, ENGSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: shift bonus payment for unsociable hours.
Cons: unsociable hours which made travel difficult.
In this role, I would be responsible for the signing in and out of equipment to be used by myself and my team. In small groups we would be required to test titles across Playstation platforms.

I enjoyed working in this role as the busy office environment, working with many different teams and departments gave me invaluable workplace experience.

The – more... hours were difficult, as this was a temporary shift, usually running from September- November and conducted at night between the hours of 7pm and 12am. – less
No job security
First Party Quality Assurance Game Tester (Former Employee), liverpoolMay 15, 2014
SCEE is a great place to work and all the employees are friendly and make good friendships out side of work. However 3 month contracts leave the job with very low security as mostly summer placements take place.
A good role for people with attention to detail.
Format QA TRC Tester (Former Employee), LiverpoolFebruary 21, 2014
Pros: free games
Cons: long hours, limited progression
This is generally a good company to work for. Most people in the company are from a similar background of likes and interests. It is a male dominated role, however, more women are joining the industry.
Temporary contract with no scope for advancement.
Games Tester (Former Employee), LiverpoolDecember 17, 2012
Pros: time allowed me to see my family, interesting, additional pay for unsociable hours
Cons: unsociable hours, no advancement, unstable work flow
I was a part of the GFPQA team working toward ensuring that titles that came into the office, both Primary and Non-Primary were tested for issues or bugs and these were then input into the Europe, America or Japanese DevSuite database for developers to see / amend based on the region the title was from.

I learnt more about the processes of vetting – more... bugs within a title and the involvement of an FPQA team within the development cycle of a title. This also helped to show time and monetary constraints and attention to strict and varying deadlines.

The work force within Sony was geared toward a contractual basis so that numbers where able to be changed depending on an ever changing basis of incoming titles and developer needs.

There was a small work force employed during the night shift which would work through European titles and the occasional American and Japanese non primary titles. Because of this there was chance to work with all co workers throughout the shift and become acquainted with each.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with the constant shift with titles, as i would have to sometimes have to move from title to title daily, even multiple times within the same shift. This meant each title issue had to be entered into varying areas within the DevSuite databases and knowledge of each varying title had to be learnt as quick as possible to apply the right testing techniques.

The most enjoyable experience was finding issues that where unusual or could only be recreated in a specific fashion, which would reward testers for their patience and possibly with 'high priority' issues which would give a degree of satisfaction and enjoyment in finding and effecting the final product that would be experienced by the end users purchasing that title. – less
Environnement de travail agréable
Spécialiste de contenu numérique (Former Employee), London, ENGAugust 18, 2014
- La journée commençais par les vérifications au niveau de la base de données sur chacun des appareils à disposition: Playstation 3, PS Vita, Télévision, Téléphone Xperia...

- Les opportunités de développement ont été moindres parceque la maison mère était au Etats Unis et que, pour en avoir plus, il fallait changer de département.

- Ma manager était – more... une des meilleurs avec laquelle j'ai pu travailler. Toujours à l'écoute des employés tout en étant ferme quand nécessaire.

- La communication direct avec mes collègues situés à Los Angeles du au très grand décalage horaires.

- L’interaction avec tous mes collègues du bureau. – less