ScentAir Employee Reviews in United States

Big changes and high turnover!!!!!! Beware
Sales (Former Employee) –  EAST DivisionFebruary 10, 2016
Although the company started out as an exciting upbeat growing company, it has recently seen major changes in management style and commission structure, probably due to new ownership. The product offering is too limiting to be able to meet the very high sales quota monthly. There is basically only one high priced offering and it is a LUXURY at best to businesses and so therefore NOT an easy nor necessary purchase decision. The clients are often dissatisfied after they start the service and there is no way out of contract except to buy out! The managment is in limbo!!!! and there is a HIGH TURNOVER!!!!!!!!
Pros
Fun product to talk about
Cons
Limited offerings, limited commission, management
Hunter Job
Sales Consultant/Hunter (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJune 16, 2016
Truly a hunting job... you must be willing to pull doors and pull alot of them to make your numbers. Many people will not understand the Power Scent but when they do 'get it' the job is really fun.
High quality product and well respected worldwide.
HUGE turnover
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  MissouriMarch 31, 2015
I spent almost 3 years at ScentAir and, although the people are nice and the culture is friendly, it is NOT a good company to work for. The turn over is huge. Of the 15 or so people in my region, not a single one is still there, including the sales manager. They do not value their employees and the contribution they are making. It started out good, but went downhill quickly.
only as good as your last month
Area Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Northern CAMarch 4, 2015
nothing you do in the past matters, you are only as good as the month you are in. Higher than normal expectation and expectations that are unreasonable. Only a very select few are successful with very high turnover in all markets and management although they will sell you on their longevity of their people.
A good tie over if you are jobless!
Designer (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 11, 2014
Sweat Shop! If you need something to tie you over then this is it. I hope they bought Solidworks because the "bootleg" version was what provided to me when I was there. Besides, an important question to ask during the interview is where will be your "office". It may change your mind about working there. And, tf you are allergic to chemical your nose will tell you as soon as you get there. Watch out! If you don't like a revolving door kind of a company this is not for you. The only thing good is your coworker but not management.
Great small company, that truly cares for its employees!
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 22, 2013
ScentAir was a small company that truly showed its care for its employees by offering opportunities for professional development, as well as acquisition of new skills.
All my co-workers were friendly and great to work with.
Company treated me like a
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  USAFebruary 10, 2016
I worked as an Account Executive at ScentAir for about a year....it was one of the worst professional experiences I've ever had. If you have ever been employed by a company that treats you with respect, rewards your achievements and invests in your future, ScentAir is not the company for you. If you have a lot of business development experience, stop here and look for a different position with another company. You will be miserable at ScentAir. Management...from the CEO to the Regional Managers...treat people with careless disregard. The turnover rate is astounding. The products are not cool.The product line irritated my lungs, eyes and throat. Do not believe the hype regarding the materials used. They can, and have, been very irritating to both clients and employees. Of all the people in my training class, none are still with the company. Management does not encourage client relationship development or selling with integrity and good will. You will not be treated and judged fairly, the environment promotes playing favorites and keeping your mouth shut. This is not a level playing field environment. If you choose to give an opinion management does not agree with, you will be penalized or written up for insubordination. Not exaggerating here. They will find a way to terminate you. It happened to many people on a daily basis.If you have a high level of integrity and enjoy building relationships with your clients, this is not the position or company for you. If you have the misfortune of not being in a very large metropolitan area you will not be able to attain quota. The job consists  more... of knocking, literally, on 15-20 doors a day. Think vacuums via 1950's style. The major metro area AE's get leads via web and phone. By major metro I mean, Houston, Boston, NYC, San Fran etc...to that scale.The territories and quotas are completely out of sync. Trust me, you will only be as good as your last sale and if you do hit your quota, management will continue to beat you down. Again, the lack of executive professionalism and business acumen is quite apparent throughout ScentAir.. If you have any IT issues, good luck. The "Hard Sell" approach is a daily beat down and I was embarrassed by the tactics used to make a sale. If you have a robust client list, you may want to avoid selling any ScentAir services to them. Chances are, you will not be with the company that long. Expect to get daily calls and emails inquiring about your exact whereabouts and the number of call you're making and to whom. The hardest part of this job was securing another position and getting out.  less
Pros
Virtual Office
Cons
Salary, Management, Daily Tasks, Lack of Support, Commission, CRM Tool, Devices, Applications Used, Territory Assignment
Something new & exciting each day
Shipping Clerk (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 12, 2014
Scentair is constantly growing. In the last 5 years, we have went from a small company of less than a 100 to over 200 employees.
Pros
occassional rewarded by dinners
Cons
short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ScentAir. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7