Scentsy Employee Reviews

Shipping department is the exception
Level 2 Operator (Current Employee) –  Meridian, IDOctober 31, 2016
I have worked for Scentsy some time. The culture was fantastic when I started and the owners were still involved in all departments. Now that it has gotten so large, they don't have enough time to see what is going on in the Operations department. Management is only concerned about numbers and less concerned about the effect on your life. They have no idea how the edicts they hand down are carried out or how it affects the lives of the workers. It regularly feels like high school with people who feel they need to create drama around the workforce.

The only way to get on with the shipping department is to work your butt off as a temporary worker and not have a personal life and hope there is a position at the end of the season.
If you are able to get a position at the tower, it is a fantastic place to be.
Pros
Excellent Benefits, half off at cafteria, Paid time off
Cons
out of touch management with unrealistic expectations.
Exciting and self paced
Independent Consultant (Current Employee) –  Woodbine, GAOctober 24, 2016
I firmly believe in Scentsy and their products. They are a wonderful company and I am so happy to make my own hours and meet new people! Compensation is not as much as other home based companies, however, you work to make what you want!
Pros
Make your own schedule, earn free product, meet new people
Rewarding on all levels
Director (Current Employee) –  Pinetops, NCFebruary 1, 2016
It is hard to imagine working in a sales position where the various aspects of the job, such as corporate culture, incentives, compensation, as well as the actual product being sold are each on equal footing in terms of the amount of personal satisfaction one feels when thinking of any of them.

Too often, happiness in a sales job means turning a blind eye to either a cut-throat corporate environment, a less-than-stellar product, or both but with this company and its products, that simply isn't the case. No rationalization of selling sub-par products is needed when you happily use them personally.
Great Place to Work
Worker (Current Employee) –  Meridian, IDMarch 10, 2016
Scentsy truly is one of the greatest places to work.
Great benefits, tremendous people, fun atmosphere. I would stay forever if there were more opportunities to showcase my talents and advance.
Pros
Cafeteria, Benefits, Owners, Travel, Experiences
Cons
Hard to advance or progess.
Scenty is a direct sales company
Independent Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  AnywhereFebruary 27, 2016
The amount of compensation you receive depends on the amount of work you put into the sales of the product and your ability to grow your team.
Pros
Ability to gain free product
Cons
Hard to sell
Fun, productive, your own boss.
Scentsy Consultant (Former Employee) –  Grants Pass, ORAugust 18, 2016
Working with Scentsy for such short of time really is a bummer. I just don't have time to sell now a days. I am trying to find a career job for myself! But if your'e a stay at home mom, would like to be your own boss, go for it!
Pros
Free products, good people, being your own boss.
Cons
commission.
Production
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Meridian, IDFebruary 17, 2016
I was working on production, I was doing the customers orders and putting them in boxes.
Everything was fine and enjoy working in team.
Pros
TEAM WORK
Cons
MINIMUM SALARY
Scentsy Lead Consultant
Independent Consultant (Current Employee) –  Whitewater, WIJuly 28, 2016
I manage my own business from home and dedicate as much time as I would like. If consultants strive to do their best and maintain excellent customer service skills they are sure to succeed. I assist my down line consultants in excelling in their business ventures and give advice or guidance when needed. The hardest part of the job is not being able to work as often as I would like. The most enjoyable part of the job is the working relationships with both my consultants and customers.
It's like fundraising
Consultant (Former Employee) –  HomeOctober 23, 2016
It's easy to advance if you know hundreds of people but to ask your family and friends to keep you in business every month is like fundraising for your kid's soccer program. Also, they don't tell you exactly what the wax is made out of but it contains many cancer causing agents. No thanks. Out of my home.
Pros
Good discounts and free stuff
Cons
Get paid once a month, hard to advance, cancerous
well organized, paying all attention to customer orders
Warehouse production worker (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXOctober 5, 2016
- Warehouse production worker, inventory control, pick and pack product, and organize warehouse. Strong customer service skills, attention to detail, and accurate counts. Reported directly to shipping manager.
Pros
learning to multitask while being organized shows a lot of pro character
Cons
accurate couts on orders
it was a great way to meet people but i didnt make much
Independent scentsy consuntant (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNNovember 20, 2016
they don't pay enough and I put more money into it then I got out of it being in a small town with 600 other scensty people its kind of had to sell but I didn't let that stop me
Pros
trips
Cons
not enough money
Didn't really show support
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALNovember 22, 2016
I personally dont like this job there way to many consultants and alot of people don't want to spend then money on the products i overall didn't get any enjoyment out of this job
A company in disarray
project manager (Former Employee) –  Meridian, IDNovember 8, 2015
Lots of disgruntled folks, for lots of good reasons. By far the most dysfunctional work environment I've ever experienced.
Pros
Pay and benefits and facilities
Cons
The company lacks an understanding of process from top to bottom. Dysfunctional office environment.
Super amazing!!! Love it!!!
Independent Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Bensenville, ILOctober 5, 2016
Best Job in the World. I get to travel all over the world enjoying the Love fragrance and building teams and changing lives. I have the best time. We have so much fun.
Pros
Best Job ever
Great job if not everyone selling it
Direct Sales (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 23, 2016
Hard work and long hours and if shy not a good job to hold and have to really commit to it. Want to do it.
Work by self independent
Pros
Products awesome
Cons
If you don't make quota you no longer sell.
Scentsy is a great company to work for. However it's a business that me and my wife do together and I would like to have a career of my own.
Sales and Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  RocklinApril 29, 2012
Create new ways to obtain new business.
Train our downlines.
Process orders.
Inventory.

I enjoy the job I would just like to obtain a career with benefits.

The management in this company is amazing. They are very supportive of each person success.

The employees are hard working and enjoy selling such an amazing product.

The hardest part of the job is the work life balance. I would like to continue this business part time. Only as a way to bring in extra income.

The part of this job I like the most is selling a product I truly believe in. And sharing it with people.
Pros
great product, good money
Cons
no benefits
Love this company!
Independent Consultant (Former Employee) –  Grants Pass, ORSeptember 2, 2016
I did so much for this company and got a lot out of it! Amazing people work for them and everyone learns about themeselves. I learned to be independent and how to work with others.
Pros
Good people.
Cons
Bad pay.
Fun and dynamic. No two sales are the same!
Certified Consultant (Current Employee) –  Castle Rock, WAJuly 27, 2014
With Scentsy, I am free to set my own schedule while working from home and earning enough to keep me going. Most of my work is monitoring inventory, and selling to varied communities of customers. I often travel to public events to set up a display booth and sell there. It has taught me much about social interaction, and has opened a lot of possibilities! It's very welcoming, anyone 18 or older can join regaurdless of any work experience. It adds to your resume and gives you a strong start twards most careers. The only downside is that it can sometimes be difficult to communicate with certain individuals and persuade them to buy. This is detremental only because the pay roll is commission based. There is no salary, But if you work hard enough, you will get a lot out of it like so many Scentsy consultants.
Pros
Set my own hours, working from home, very socially/personal based
Cons
Comission based income, no health benefits
Hardest Part of the Job
Independent Consultant (Current Employee) –  Isanti, MNAugust 6, 2016
The hardest part of working for Scentsy is the beginning stages while you are trying to build clientele and get your name out there. I enjoy working for the company and I enjoy promoting their products.
Packing Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYAugust 8, 2014
picking items onto a cart to deliver the cart to the packer, pretty well organized items on shelves.
the packing position was more of the competition area to move up on pay raises and such,.
the environment was pretty laid back, can work at your own pace if you wish, as long as everything is accurate in the boxes being shipped and you made production you had nothing to worry about.
Listening to music out loud and pretty much wearing what you wanted was one of the best parts about this job.
It was a clean, neat environment with great people to work with.
Pros
listen to music, dress as you wish, laid back enviornment
Cons
job is more of a competition with other employees for raises or full time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Scentsy. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3