SCF ARIZONA Employee Reviews

good
Senior Workers' Compensation Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 3, 2016
I enjoyed the job training I received at SCF Arizona. It was a good job. I really liked it. We worked on a team. You always had someone you could ask a question if you were unsure.
Pros
team atmosphere, good benefits
A truly great place to work
Compliance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 28, 2015
My experience with SCF Arizona began in 1986 when the organization was still a department of the State of Arizona. Eventually they went through several growth and privatization efforts they became an independent mutual insurance company now called CopperPoint Mutual Insurance Company in 2013 just after I left them. The pay was great. The management competent but a little aggressive. They are an LGBT friendly employer. My average day began with me working on my computer. Managing all Claims reporting systems. Preparing for and conducting management data meetings. The hardest part of the job was keeping all the balls in the air at all times. The most enjoyable part was the closeness employees felt for each other.
Pros
Excellent pay, Ability to create niche job (for me anyway), Good benefits. Very nice work place ammenities.
Cons
Aggressive management with very high standards of performance.
Felexible schedule
Medical Claims Processor (FTE) (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 22, 2014
Always learning new things, laid back work enviornment. Great people to work around and the weather was great
Pros
Very great atmosphere
Cons
No cons as far as I was concerned
Secure
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 27, 2014
Secure place to work if you perform your duties.
No room for growth.
Great place with potential
Mail Room Clerk/Payroll Keying (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 17, 2014
SCF Arizona is a well established company that knows where it is at as a company.

The unfortunate part is that there's typically not a lot of promotion or advancement for lower level employees due to employees that work positions for 20+ years. It's wonderful to see these people love their job so much, but it's difficult as a lower employee to make it long term without much advancement.

The greatest thing about the company is the job security and the management. You can comfortably come to work, know that there is a job to do, and do it without micromanagement.
Interesting to work in the workers compensation arena.
Utilization Review Nurse (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 3, 2014
A typical day is providing nursing assessment on cases to the adjustors and consulting with the Medical Director on all cases that did not meet established guidelines for medical treatment. I learned the importance of of fostering a good working relationship between SCF and external partners. The management team and co-workers were focused on doing the right thing. The hardest part of the job was reviewing bills. The most enjoyable part of the job was educational in-services.
Pros
on site fitness center
Fantastic place to work
Claims Adjuster Sr (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 20, 2014
I worked at SCF for over 7 years and it was wonderful. The people are very knowledgeable of the industry and benefits are great.
It is a family oriented pleasant place.
Senior Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 26, 2013
There is a lot of administration in Arizona law. My manager is good to work for. The co-workers keep to themselves. I do not see a lot of team work there.
Too many executives, not enough staff
Customer Service Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 1, 2013
This company looks the other way to favoritism. If you complain, you are then blackballed! They preach to have all the same goals and values as other successful companies. But it's just lip service.I have never seen a company so top heavy in my life! Sure the executives are happy, but if the employees are not, your singled out, black balled and eventually forced to quit or be fired! This place is awful!
Top Heavy Management
Training (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 20, 2013
The organization focuses more on making upper management happy and compensated compared to the entry-level employees. There were no raises for three years in a row, and healthcare premiums kept increasing, yet brand new director positions were created.
Pros
On site healthcare
Cons
Favoritism, reduced insurance coverage, low morale, instability, cut backs, and no raises for many years.
Many changes
Executive Assistant / Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 19, 2013
I have no comment

Blind eye to employee favoritism

Administarative services are
Productive and fun enviroment
Document Control Analyst (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 22, 2012
Constantly busy working on different material such as scanning, sorting, filing, indexing medical reports and bills. Learning different task was normal some departments needed help with initiating claims and certificate of insurance. The people there were extremely friendly and willing to teach.
Pros
friendly co-workers, organized, knowledge of work, charity
Cons
lunch, management, no raises, reasoning ability, work under stress

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SCF ARIZONA. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6