Schaeffler Group Employee Reviews

7 day a week job
Press Operator C (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCJanuary 4, 2017
Setup press, load, band and secure coils of metal. Operate press, check parts for dimensions similar to blue print, clean areas and perform minor maintenances if needed
Pros
working everyday
Cons
Bad Management
Highly professional team and state of the art technology
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCDecember 21, 2016
Gained a lot of experience during my time at Schaeffler in Plant 3. Management will give the possibility to work outside the own responsibilities what is great to learn and see new processes etc. Collegues are great. I am still in contact with a lot of the staff and meet them for lunch from time to time.
Pros
Usually quite busy
Cons
Sometimes too busy :-)
Employee (Current Employee) –  OhioNovember 25, 2016
Management is very political. Doesn't matter anymore about work ethic and having good attendance. Just have good attendance and be a good kiss asss and you will make it far. The bigger the company gets the more political and less productive it gets
Run Run Run don't even bother management is a joke I won't name any names "Rick" maintaince Wooster Oh
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Wooster, OHAugust 15, 2016
Work as a Electrician at the Wooster Oh plant management leadership was a joke Don't even bother they'll promise you the world at your interview and not even come close .
Pros
Cons
Management horrible, work atmosphere
Poor
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCJuly 11, 2016
Worst place ever to work!!! 1st shift don't work goof off all day and get away with doing nothing. Nothing gets addressed proprely people walk around cursing like it's acceptable. 2nd shift work the hardest, does all the work but still get picked at for "working" and getting the job done!! Persons that not supervisors like telling others what to do but want do the job themselves.
Would not recommend this job to anybody!
Pros
Salary
Cons
Short break, management
I worked in heat treat. More than once a fellow emoloyee got right in my face yelling. Managment did nothing.
Heat Treat Operator (Former Employee) –  Wooster, OHJune 27, 2016
I worked in heat treat for over a year they put me on weekends and forgot about me when I started there they used to give gift cards for working overtime or holidays. Now they don't do anything. They took our incentive away because no one would make rate. I always made rate but was never rewarded. Several group leads would get in your face and scream at you and management did NOTHING. Pay is good but not worth it. Would not recommend.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Weekends. No incentive. Management. Group leads horrible.
Too many cheifs not enough Indians
Other (Former Employee) –  Cheraw, SCFebruary 16, 2016
The work environment was very nasty from all the machine that poured oil in the atmosphere. The climate was never cleaned regularly and surprised there were not more incidents due to the oil accumulating on the floor. Scheduling was never on time and made the position very difficult because management expected the parts out yesterday. I was never comfortable in my position and management was not in charge everyone was a boss. Too many chiefs not enough Indians is the real slogan for this company. I believe if you work hard this will show your worth this facility doesn't believe in this theory.
Pros
Medical, 401k, Basics
Cons
Poor attendance policy
Beware! If something seems too good to be true, it probably is...
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCOctober 9, 2015
If you enjoy being yelled at and micromanaged on a daily basis, this is the place for you. The worst work environment I have ever seen.
Pros
401k with 6% match
Cons
Treat people like slaves, 7 day work week/no work life balance, no training, poor leadership, outdated systems
Good pay and benefits. Terrible management
Setup/Op A (Former Employee) –  Ft. MillSeptember 1, 2015
If you're single and don't mind working 7 days/wk, have no life and don't desire one this place is for you. When and if you are interviewed and they offer you a job, be prepared to work every single day including weekends and holidays but don't expect most of the supervisors or management to be there with you. They have a daily walk-thru with management through each dep't and daily meetings which amounts to nothing more than a glorified finger pointing session. Of course this all rolls downhill and the employees on the floor are the ones who take the brunt of it as the supervisors get beat up by the upper management and take it out on the employees. Advancement in pay grades takes an act of congress, so whatever pay grade you are hired in as, that's where you will remain for a very long time unless you are fortunate enough to move into a different position which usually only happens if you don't mind sucking up to the supervisors and management. Oh, and if you smoke, be prepared to pay a $20 surcharge on your weekly healthcare deduction.
Pros
Pay and benefits.
Cons
Terrible management, no communication between supervisors and employees.
An experience to miss if possible!
Prototype die maker (Former Employee) –  Wooster, OhioJuly 21, 2015
I worked at Luk Wooster for over eleven years in the Prototype Stamping department in the the Tool Room. Their idea of lavish communication was them talking excessively and you listening mutely. Raises and promotions were based on your popularity with the bosses. If I could give this company less than a star I would.
Pros
What advantages that existed were eventually eliminated.
Cons
A labored review process that might end with a raise.
poor management
general helper (Former Employee) –  fort mill,scJune 4, 2015
Worked 7 days a week with no days off unless you have vacation time and if you don't you had to be there on the weekend. Who does that, taking a vacation day so you can have the weekend off. Plant manager Dean May does know how to talk to his employees.So much drama with the co workers, just go to work and do your job and go home. Short breaks, lack of communication between shifts and supervisors. Only time we had a meeting is when the audits come and we are told what to say if they come to us with questions. Unorganized, had to search for parts and the new system didn't work good. All employees were suppose to be trained to use the new system but wasn't. Supervisors slow about doing your paperwork and hiring you on permanent. Pay sucks, takes forever to get to top pay. I don't recommend for nobody to work for INA/Schaeffler Group USA.
Pros
easy work
Cons
benefits excellent
poor concern for employees, seven day work schedule
Logistics Inventory (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCApril 17, 2015
Schaeffler Group could be a nice place to work, if Management was

really concern with the process of getting the work done. They

implemented a new system in Oct. 2014 and didn't ensure all the

employees were trained. So they started yelling and pointing fingers,

to cover their inability to manage. Product would come off the

assembly line, head towards inventory, only to be sent back. This

was because the supervisors paperwork ( KOMI ) were wrong.

Problem with production scheduling.

Then you have special individuals who have been given lead positions

and wander around into areas, they don't belong, and try to tell

employees what to do, causing frustration and lose of product.

I'm speaking of Jackie Sutton. She did not work in my area. She

brought over her supervisor and told me to not adjust inventory by

removing lost items from "stock on hand". This is not a valid

instruction. When i past this on to my counterpart, she inquired

about it and Jackie was wrong. Jackie doesn't or ever handled

inventory. And there's Jimmy Elder or Eller. He controls watch

comes out of assembly during the day. If there is a truck due out

at a fix time, Jimmy can make it late, then blame the shipping

department for delays. I once wrote him up for walking into the

shipping office and removing all the "expedite" paperwork for that day

without telling any of the workers why or what he was doing. These

documents were the original supervisor copies, which weren't

suppose to leave the shipping office. There
  more... was a copy machine

right there in the shipping office? We, the shipping team for that

weekend, were working blindly, on important shipments. Nothing

was reportedly done about it. But if we had missed a shipment, it

would have been our fault.
Pros
The people you work with, shoulder to shoulder
Cons
Supervisors who don't know how to ship a package/ no follow up help
Great opportunity for furthering profession.
Electrical Engineer/Process Engineer (Current Employee) –  JoplinApril 12, 2015
Engineers have many opportunities for capital investments and projects. Company is a solid employer and secure in retaining employees. Great teams on all fronts.
Pros
teams, light travel, challenges
Cons
compensation
Money
Heat Treater (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCMarch 18, 2015
Work 7 days a week. If you are looking to make money this Is the perfect job. But it can be difficult to get days approved to be off. Can also be challenging to work 7 days with no days off. But overall, the jobs are very easy and capable to do.
Pros
raises, benefits, hours
Cons
management ( at times you may be without HR manager or even a supervisor)
don't take a weekend shift they will forget about you
assembly (Current Employee) –  Wooster, OHMarch 13, 2015
Working weekend nights you are a ghost. Unless you push you won't see any advancement or raises. And even if you do you still probably won't.

There are managers that have been with the company so long the are just waiting to retire, going through the motions.
Pros
interesting work
Cons
you are a number, pay isn't all that good
Good pay, but no room to advance to other shifts and no communication in management
CNC Machinist/Setup (Current Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCFebruary 17, 2015
Typical day includes machine operation and quality control measures, machine adjustment to meet quality standards and blue print reading. Management is not that great because of lack in communication with employees. Hardest part of job is schedule due to the shifts you work and no room to move to other shifts even with seniority over other employees.
Pros
competitive wages
Cons
short breaks and schedule
communication in management is not good
cnc set-up operator (Former Employee) –  fort mills SCSeptember 30, 2014
you come into work, not knowing what the daily planning is or what changes have been made, you pretty much have to figure things out for yourself, they have many excuses not to give employees their raise when it is time, always changing the process to hender employees from reaching their top pay.
Pros
Cons
everything
Revolving door
operator (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOAugust 12, 2014
Not much room for advancement. Used to be the premiere employer in the area. Not any more. Revolving door management. More than 10 plant managers during my time working there. Buddy system is in full force. Benefits and pay are okay, but not great. Insurance surcharge for tobacco users. No profit sharing or incentive bonus plan. Mandatory overtime with only time and a half pay after 40 hrs actual work time. Take a day off for any reason during the week and you work Saturday for straight time. No double time for Sunday. Other jobs are moving into the area that pay better and offer better benefits packages.
Pros
not much
Cons
Mismanagement. Pay/benefits. Mandatory overtime.
Wow.
Apprenticeship/Student (Former Employee) –  Cheraw, SCMay 12, 2014
I loved the Apprenticeship Program. It is a wonderful opportunity for anyone who is interested in working with their hands and creating many things. Amazing program if you like to marvel in your work and also test or fine-tune your abilities with metal works. The machines and learning to use them are super-cool, that was my favorite part. The teachers are also great. They don't let you work by yourself if you aren't sure if you know what you're doing, and they are always there when you need their help. If I could rate this program higher than 5 stars, I definitely would.
Great balance between work and life and wonderful people to work with!
Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cheraw, SCApril 29, 2014
Awesome place to work, the best job I've ever had! Always busy, but not overworked.
Pros
Good Pay, Great people, Work life balance
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Schaeffler Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9