Schaeffler Group Employee Reviews

Centrally controlled German based company
Controller (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCMarch 22, 2017
Finance and accounting advancement opportunities are limited due to the centralized structure of the organization and the influences from Germany

Complex accounting methods
Pros
stable
Cons
structure issues with being too big to be good
Steady work, dependable schedule, good pay, difficult work.
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Valley City, OHMarch 6, 2017
The environment can be stress enducing and the decisions made by management can leave a bad taste in your mouth. However if hired permanently, job security is high, work is fairly steady. Overtime opportunities are available. The pay is better than average and the benefits are solid. Great 401k plan. The work is hard in certain work cells and lead to work place conflicts. Very redundant. Breaks are short lived.
Pros
Solid pay. Steady schedule. Solid benefits.
Cons
Dificult work, random overtime requirements, stressful environment.
Great company with strong market
(Special Machine Builder) - Quality Lead (Current Employee) –  Cheraw, SCFebruary 13, 2017
Great company that helped me gain important experience and hone my skills. Fast paced at times, but also can be a low stress job. I would recommend Schaeffler Group USA.
Cons
Location at Cheraw SC
Good job
CNC Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Wooster, OHJanuary 24, 2017
Job is as advertised. Good benefits, plenty of work and consistent overtime. Rapidly expanding and growing. Good opportunity for growth.
Pros
Full dining hall all shifts
Great pay for the area
Set-up Operator (Current Employee) –  Cheraw, SCJanuary 22, 2017
A great place depending on the department you are placed in. Pay is very good for a small town area. Wouldnt be leaving if I didn't have to relocate.
Stressfull work envioronment
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Wooster, OHJanuary 18, 2017
Other employees are aggressive and management is non responsive to complaints. Advancement opportunities were available but hard to reach.
Pros
Good location
Cons
Poor employee communication
German based Corporation
Controller (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOJanuary 18, 2017
I enjoyed to the ~8 years that I was with Schaeffler. My daily duties were manageable and continuous learning which was exciting. There were many turnovers in the management team which sometimes made it difficult to build a good solid working group of managers but all in all I enjoyed each and every one of them that I was working with.
7 day a week job
Press Operator C (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCJanuary 4, 2017
Setup press, load, band and secure coils of metal. Operate press, check parts for dimensions similar to blue print, clean areas and perform minor maintenances if needed
Pros
working everyday
Cons
Bad Management
Highly professional team and state of the art technology
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCDecember 21, 2016
Gained a lot of experience during my time at Schaeffler in Plant 3. Management will give the possibility to work outside the own responsibilities what is great to learn and see new processes etc. Collegues are great. I am still in contact with a lot of the staff and meet them for lunch from time to time.
Pros
Usually quite busy
Cons
Sometimes too busy :-)
Very good company to work for
Automation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cheraw, SCNovember 28, 2016
Great place to make an honest living. Very willing to work with you so that you can forward yourself in your career and for your family.
Employee (Current Employee) –  OhioNovember 25, 2016
Management is very political. Doesn't matter anymore about work ethic and having good attendance. Just have good attendance and be a good kiss asss and you will make it far. The bigger the company gets the more political and less productive it gets
Very nice payroll with plenty of hrs
Quality Service Control Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCNovember 8, 2016
Very good job to have for people who loves overtime pay! I enjoyed working here. This is a very well put together company, who also cares about their employees.
ok
Industrial Engineer (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCNovember 7, 2016
tasks given were ok, but culture and environment were not enjoyable. Pressure from overseas is not desirable. Company is very top heavy
Relaxing
Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Troy, MINovember 6, 2016
Ample opportunities to polish your skill set; able to participate in multitude of workshops to further enhance automotive knowledge.
Awesome Company
Industrial Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cheraw, SCOctober 21, 2016
Great Company, Great products, and Great people. Managers take care of you and the company has great benefits. The company has great opportunities to offer.
Pros
Great People
Cons
Small Town
Run Run Run don't even bother management is a joke I won't name any names "Rick" maintaince Wooster Oh
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Wooster, OHAugust 15, 2016
Work as a Electrician at the Wooster Oh plant management leadership was a joke Don't even bother they'll promise you the world at your interview and not even come close .
Pros
Cons
Management horrible, work atmosphere
Poor
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCJuly 11, 2016
Worst place ever to work!!! 1st shift don't work goof off all day and get away with doing nothing. Nothing gets addressed proprely people walk around cursing like it's acceptable. 2nd shift work the hardest, does all the work but still get picked at for "working" and getting the job done!! Persons that not supervisors like telling others what to do but want do the job themselves.
Would not recommend this job to anybody!
Pros
Salary
Cons
Short break, management
High Tech experiance
Electrical Specialist (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOJune 28, 2016
This company made the highest quality of industrial bearings and also made antilock break systems. The technology here helped me gain the highest caliber of technical experience that one could be awarder. I worked and was trained and mentored in everything from lasers, to sensors, programming plc's and drives. I enjoyed each day and worked hard to excel in job. I became one of the best in troubleshooting and finding mechanical issues and helped improve processes. Unfortunately a change in steel and a step in process they discontinued came back to hurt the company with a major recall.
Pros
Leaned a great deal here technically
Cons
loss of benefits and company recalls
I worked in heat treat. More than once a fellow emoloyee got right in my face yelling. Managment did nothing.
Heat Treat Operator (Former Employee) –  Wooster, OHJune 27, 2016
I worked in heat treat for over a year they put me on weekends and forgot about me when I started there they used to give gift cards for working overtime or holidays. Now they don't do anything. They took our incentive away because no one would make rate. I always made rate but was never rewarded. Several group leads would get in your face and scream at you and management did NOTHING. Pay is good but not worth it. Would not recommend.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Weekends. No incentive. Management. Group leads horrible.
Productive Enviorment
Ace Auto Lathe Operator Intern (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCJune 21, 2016
I enjoyed my internship at Schaeffler Group. Working at the company for the short amount of time taught me how to be more disciplined and professional.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Schaeffler Group. Our community is ready to answer.