Schaeffler Group

Schaeffler Group Employee Reviews

poor management
general helper (Former Employee), fort mill,scJune 4, 2015
Pros: easy work
Cons: benefits excellent
Worked 7 days a week with no days off unless you have vacation time and if you don't you had to be there on the weekend. Who does that, taking a vacation day so you can have the weekend off. Plant manager Dean May does know how to talk to his employees.So much drama with the co workers, just go to work and do your job and go home. Short breaks, lack of communication between shifts and supervisors. Only time we had a meeting is when the audits come and we are told what to say if they come to us with questions. Unorganized, had to search for parts and the new system didn't work good. All employees were suppose to be trained to use the new system but wasn't. Supervisors slow about doing your paperwork and hiring you on permanent. Pay sucks, takes forever to get to top pay. I don't recommend for nobody to work for INA/Schaeffler Group USA.
poor concern for employees, seven day work schedule
Logistics Inventory (Former Employee), Fort Mill, SCApril 17, 2015
Pros: The people you work with, shoulder to shoulder
Cons: Supervisors who don't know how to ship a package/ no follow up help
Schaeffler Group could be a nice place to work, if Management was

really concern with the process of getting the work done. They

implemented a new system in Oct. 2014 and didn't ensure all the

employees were trained. So they started yelling and pointing fingers,

to cover their inability to manage. Product would come off the

assembly line, head towards inventory, only to be sent back. This

was because the supervisors paperwork ( KOMI ) were wrong.

Problem with production scheduling.

Then you have special individuals who have been given lead positions

and wander around into areas, they don't belong, and try to tell

employees what to do, causing frustration and lose of product.

I'm speaking of Jackie Sutton. She did not work in my area. She

brought over her supervisor and told me to not adjust inventory by

removing lost items from "stock on hand". This is not a valid

instruction. When i past this on to my counterpart, she inquired

about it and Jackie was wrong. Jackie doesn't or ever handled

inventory. And there's Jimmy Elder or Eller. He controls watch

comes out of assembly during the day. If there is a truck due out

at a fix time, Jimmy can make it late, then blame the shipping

department for delays. I once wrote him up for walking into the

shipping office and removing all the "expedite" paperwork for that day

without telling any of the workers why or what he was doing. These

documents were the original supervisor copies, which weren't

suppose to leave the shipping office. There was a copy machine

right there in the shipping office? We, the shipping team for that

weekend, were working blindly, on important shipments. Nothing

was reportedly done about it. But if we had missed a shipment, it

would have been our fault.
Great opportunity for furthering profession.
Electrical Engineer/Process Engineer (Current Employee), JoplinApril 12, 2015
Pros: teams, light travel, challenges
Cons: compensation
Engineers have many opportunities for capital investments and projects. Company is a solid employer and secure in retaining employees. Great teams on all fronts.
Money
Heat Treater (Former Employee), Fort Mill, SCMarch 18, 2015
Pros: raises, benefits, hours
Cons: management ( at times you may be without HR manager or even a supervisor)
Work 7 days a week. If you are looking to make money this Is the perfect job. But it can be difficult to get days approved to be off. Can also be challenging to work 7 days with no days off. But overall, the jobs are very easy and capable to do.
don't take a weekend shift they will forget about you
assembly (Current Employee), Wooster, OHMarch 13, 2015
Pros: interesting work
Cons: you are a number, pay isn't all that good
Working weekend nights you are a ghost. Unless you push you won't see any advancement or raises. And even if you do you still probably won't.

There are managers that have been with the company so long the are just waiting to retire, going through the motions.
Good pay, but no room to advance to other shifts and no communication in management
CNC Machinist/Setup (Current Employee), Fort Mill, SCFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: competitive wages
Cons: short breaks and schedule
Typical day includes machine operation and quality control measures, machine adjustment to meet quality standards and blue print reading. Management is not that great because of lack in communication with employees. Hardest part of job is schedule due to the shifts you work and no room to move to other shifts even with seniority over other employees.
communication in management is not good
cnc set-up operator (Former Employee), fort mills SCSeptember 30, 2014
Cons: everything
you come into work, not knowing what the daily planning is or what changes have been made, you pretty much have to figure things out for yourself, they have many excuses not to give employees their raise when it is time, always changing the process to hender employees from reaching their top pay.
Revolving door
operator (Former Employee), Joplin, MOAugust 12, 2014
Pros: not much
Cons: mismanagement. pay/benefits. mandatory overtime.
Not much room for advancement. Used to be the premiere employer in the area. Not any more. Revolving door management. More than 10 plant managers during my time working there. Buddy system is in full force. Benefits and pay are okay, but not great. Insurance surcharge for tobacco users. No profit sharing or incentive bonus plan. Mandatory overtime with only time and a half pay after 40 hrs actual work time. Take a day off for any reason during the week and you work Saturday for straight time. No double time for Sunday. Other jobs are moving into the area that pay better and offer better benefits packages.
Wow.
Apprenticeship/Student (Former Employee), Cheraw, SCMay 12, 2014
I loved the Apprenticeship Program. It is a wonderful opportunity for anyone who is interested in working with their hands and creating many things. Amazing program if you like to marvel in your work and also test or fine-tune your abilities with metal works. The machines and learning to use them are super-cool, that was my favorite part. The teachers are also great. They don't let you work by yourself if you aren't sure if you know what you're doing, and they are always there when you need their help. If I could rate this program higher than 5 stars, I definitely would.
Great balance between work and life and wonderful people to work with!
Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee), Cheraw, SCApril 29, 2014
Pros: good pay, great people, work life balance
Awesome place to work, the best job I've ever had! Always busy, but not overworked.
Great Company
Launch Team Leader /Industrial Engineer (Current Employee), Cheraw, SCApril 28, 2014
Pros: evrerything about the job is enjoyable.
Cons: too far away from home.
The company offers great opportunities and the people who work there are great. Great company to work for!
NOT BAD, NOT GREAT EITHER!
Tool and Die (Former Employee), Fort MillApril 21, 2014
Pros: good benefits, clean environment.
Cons: seven days a week, micro managed by everyone.
Be prepared when you interview that you will be working seven days a week. If you smoke, not on this property or in your car and a surcharge to smoke in your house. Benefits are very good. Don't expect holidays off. They expect you to do a wellness check every year and if you don't, they will take $100.00 of your money for not doing it. Money not bad for the area, clean environment. Management is a revolving door.
NA
Segment Leader (Current Employee), MissouriApril 2, 2014
OK company, not much future on the industrial side. Although not a union shop, treated like one.

NA
Schaeffler Group - Fort Mill, SC Corporate
Process & Data Analyst (Former Employee), Fort Mill, SCJanuary 16, 2014
Schaeffler Group has excellent benefits and good compensation for the area. Work life balance is variable depending on position and department but at times could be off balance. A decent working environment with ample opportunity to gain priceless knowledge and advance your career.
Very Good place to work!!!!!
Sales Operations Coordinator (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCSeptember 24, 2013
Pros: good job and talked with lots of good people
Cons: could be very time consuming and stressful
Started out in the Prototype shop learning everything from the bottom up. Shipping out prototype parts to GM, Ford, Chrysler, John Deere, Harley Davidson and other tier 1 and 2 suppliers. Worked in the prototype shop for 5 plus years. An opportunity become available in the Automotive Sales Operations Department. Working with Suppliers and Purchasing agents, dealing with engineering, sales, and management on all aspects of parts and shipping and setting up new accounts
WOW!!!!
Labor (Former Employee), Wooster OhioSeptember 24, 2013
Cons: hours, work you to death, lazy people
1st day on the job and they mandatory me 7 days a week. I was doing more work then the ones who have been there and they get my incentive. I wanted 1st or 3rd shift and they gave me 2nd. I have kids and I would be able to see them. If you have a family and want to see and spend time with them. I warn you don't go there.
Fast paced company which promoted from within
Setup Operator (Current Employee), Cheraw, SCJuly 9, 2013
Good place to work. Upward mobility and always open to suggestions
Very Productive and Fun place to work. So much to learn to everyday
Assistant (Former Employee), Fort MIll South CarolinaMay 17, 2013
Pros: lots of work, (prototype department is very positive) paid well, learn a lot
Cons: if your temp could experience lack of comunication from supervisor
I loved the people I worked with everyday, the environment was very positive in the (Prototype Department). Had a very good relationship with the workers on the floor. My only complaint is the lack of communication from the supervisor.
Machine Operator (Current Employee), Joplin, MOFebruary 24, 2012
Pros: pay, 401k, insurance, clean
Competitive pay, Great Benefits, Opportunities for Advancement, Cleanest Industrial setting I've seen.

About Schaeffler Group

As technology advances, Schaeffler Technologies keeps businesses rolling along. It is the largest subsidiary of Schaeffler Group, – Read more

Schaeffler Group Salaries