Schafer Corporation

Schafer Corporation Employee Reviews in United States

Managment and culture are great!
Sr. Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAAugust 19, 2015
From the start of employment, management has been very embracing. They are more than willing to help and train you to be an asset to the team through onsite and offsite training as well as the necessary tools to support the customer in the most efficient way possible. Leadership has an excellent open door policy and are very friendly.
Pros
Excelent after work happy hours
Cons
Healthcare.
Employee Friendly Company
Software Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALApril 22, 2015
Work from 8:30 to 5:30. Co-workers are excellent. I enjoy all aspects of my job. I have been here 5 years and they have all been great.
Great Company
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALAugust 15, 2014
At the time I worked for Schafer, no one could match their wonderful benefits. It had a very nice and professional environment.
Nice place to work
Acquisition/Contracts Program Analyst (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAApril 21, 2014
Consistent with other Government consulting firms..falls in the middle to high.
Pros
social events and team building is really a nice perk
Cons
limited training funds for staff
Poor Management
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Washington DCDecember 14, 2013
Very poor managers and unfair politics. Plus unethical tactics to win contracts.
Schafer Corporation
Employee (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VirginiaMarch 29, 2013
Diverse atmosphere; winning point of company is the personalities and culture. Many hard working and technically smart individuals supporting DARPA/DHS/NASA, etc.

Being involved in the contracting world there are highs and lows - directly impacted by awards, budget cuts, etc. Schafer has proved to be an asset to high caliber clients which retain and have expanded our services.

There have been a lot of upper management changes in recent years with poor communication but have noticed a significant effort to improve of late.
Pros
employer contributes % (does not match) to 401k, co-workers, personalities, locations of work, upward mobility
Cons
management communication
ok
System Architecture Analyst (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 19, 2013
Low bidder on contracts, hence a little more job security with the current market. No matching 401K. A good place to get back into the market. No family leave if death in the family.
I love the client, as there are a variety of projects. Company management not good at delegating work.
Pros
has contracts
Cons
benefits not great
Productive and fun workplace
Arlington, VA (Former Employee) –  SENIOR OFFICE ADMINISTRATORNovember 10, 2011
When my contract was up Shafer kept me on board until I found another opportunity, so I would recommend this company to anyone. Pay was good and the opportunity was great. Learned a lot working for them...
Pros
once a wk the company would have happy hour
Cons
n/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Schafer Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.