Schafer Corporation Employee Reviews

good place to work
Analyst/Watch Officer (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 25, 2017
Nice people fun place to work management is helpful good benefits quite place to work room to advance very balance work load hands down one of the best places have worked
Technically focused company seeking growth in the Federal space
Senior Business/Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 4, 2017
Work is onsite for the Federal government, supervised loosely by senior Schafer staff. Schafer is owned by an investment firm and management decisions follow those interests. Hardest part of the job is meeting client expectations with current manpower shortfall. Best part is the coworkers--Federal and Schafer, who are generally excellent.
Pros
Good Christmas party and quarterly all-call giveaways.
Cons
Average benefits and murky management
Consulting Company
Technical Analyst/Project Analyst (SETA) (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DCFebruary 9, 2017
Schafer is an excellent company for government consulting services. They provide flexible scheduling work, work-life balance, and advancement opportunity.
Good to me!
Senior Financial Analyst and Manager (Current Employee) –  Chelmsford, MANovember 29, 2016
The company was very good to me but one criticism is that some of our senior management is not in touch with their staff. Communication struggles a bit because of that.
Managment and culture are great!
Sr. Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAAugust 19, 2015
From the start of employment, management has been very embracing. They are more than willing to help and train you to be an asset to the team through onsite and offsite training as well as the necessary tools to support the customer in the most efficient way possible. Leadership has an excellent open door policy and are very friendly.
Pros
Excelent after work happy hours
Cons
Healthcare.
Employee Friendly Company
Software Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALApril 22, 2015
Work from 8:30 to 5:30. Co-workers are excellent. I enjoy all aspects of my job. I have been here 5 years and they have all been great.
Good place to work for specific skills
Employee (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 23, 2015
Good company that takes care of its people. Most employees highly skilled in their area of expertise. Upbeat environment for work! People are passionate about what they do and that shows with how everyone interacts with one another. This is the best place I've ever worked.
Great Company
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALAugust 15, 2014
At the time I worked for Schafer, no one could match their wonderful benefits. It had a very nice and professional environment.
Poor Management
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Washington DCDecember 14, 2013
Very poor managers and unfair politics. Plus unethical tactics to win contracts.
Schafer Corporation
Employee (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VirginiaMarch 29, 2013
Diverse atmosphere; winning point of company is the personalities and culture. Many hard working and technically smart individuals supporting DARPA/DHS/NASA, etc.

Being involved in the contracting world there are highs and lows - directly impacted by awards, budget cuts, etc. Schafer has proved to be an asset to high caliber clients which retain and have expanded our services.

There have been a lot of upper management changes in recent years with poor communication but have noticed a significant effort to improve of late.
Pros
employer contributes % (does not match) to 401k, co-workers, personalities, locations of work, upward mobility
Cons
management communication
ok
System Architecture Analyst (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 19, 2013
Low bidder on contracts, hence a little more job security with the current market. No matching 401K. A good place to get back into the market. No family leave if death in the family.
I love the client, as there are a variety of projects. Company management not good at delegating work.
Pros
has contracts
Cons
benefits not great
Productive and fun workplace
Arlington, VA (Former Employee) –  SENIOR OFFICE ADMINISTRATORNovember 10, 2011
When my contract was up Shafer kept me on board until I found another opportunity, so I would recommend this company to anyone. Pay was good and the opportunity was great. Learned a lot working for them...
Pros
once a wk the company would have happy hour
Cons
n/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Schafer Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Schafer Corporation Reviews by Location