Schafer Corporation

Schafer Corporation United States Employee Reviews

Employee Friendly Company
Software Systems Engineer (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALApril 22, 2015
Work from 8:30 to 5:30. Co-workers are excellent. I enjoy all aspects of my job. I have been here 5 years and they have all been great.
Good place to work for specific skills
Employee (Current Employee), Washington, DCJanuary 23, 2015
Good company that takes care of its people. Most employees highly skilled in their area of expertise. Upbeat environment for work! People are passionate about what they do and that shows with how everyone interacts with one another. This is the best place I've ever worked.
Great Company
Software Engineer (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALAugust 15, 2014
At the time I worked for Schafer, no one could match their wonderful benefits. It had a very nice and professional environment.
Poor Management
Analyst (Former Employee), Washington DCDecember 14, 2013
Very poor managers and unfair politics. Plus unethical tactics to win contracts.
Schafer Corporation
Employee (Current Employee), Arlington, VirginiaMarch 29, 2013
Pros: employer contributes % (does not match) to 401k, co-workers, personalities, locations of work, upward mobility
Cons: management communication
Diverse atmosphere; winning point of company is the personalities and culture. Many hard working and technically smart individuals supporting DARPA/DHS/NASA, etc.

Being involved in the contracting world there are highs and lows - directly impacted by awards, budget cuts, etc. Schafer has proved to be an asset to high caliber clients which retain and have expanded our services.

There have been a lot of upper management changes in recent years with poor communication but have noticed a significant effort to improve of late.
ok
System Architecture Analyst (Current Employee), Washington, DCFebruary 19, 2013
Pros: has contracts
Cons: benefits not great
Low bidder on contracts, hence a little more job security with the current market. No matching 401K. A good place to get back into the market. No family leave if death in the family.
I love the client, as there are a variety of projects. Company management not good at delegating work.
Productive and fun workplace
Arlington, VA (Former Employee), SENIOR OFFICE ADMINISTRATORNovember 10, 2011
Pros: once a wk the company would have happy hour
Cons: n/a
When my contract was up Shafer kept me on board until I found another opportunity, so I would recommend this company to anyone. Pay was good and the opportunity was great. Learned a lot working for them...

About Schafer Corporation

Schafer Corporation is a scientific and engineering company providing technical solutions to mission critical challenges in national – Read more