Schawk Employee Reviews

Productive and fun place to work
Copywriter (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 11, 2018
Schawk! provides an open, comfortable work environment. The management for all departments is attentive and available. It is easy, and encouraged, to collaborate across departments.
Pros
Open work space, access to colleagues and management, relaxed environment, creativity and teamwork encouraged, ability to work remotely
Poorly managed corporation with little regard for it's employees
Senior Client Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIDecember 29, 2017
Schawk was a great place to work until it's merger with Matthews International. Now it's just a very large, publicly traded corporation that only cares about it's stock holders and not the employees that keep the profits coming.
Pros
Good clients and co-workers
Cons
Poor healthcare and very poor management
Overall a good place to work!
Operations Director (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MINovember 17, 2017
Days can be long, but then there can be times where volume is low, creating opportunities to catch up.

Management is fair and trying to create a culture that makes poeple want to come to work.

The cleint base is all large companies. These companies can be very demanding and challenging. Depending on the sponsor, some cleint can be very rewarding to work with.

Being onsite of the cleints can be enjoyable at times.
Pros
Good pay, fair benefits and teams working together.
Cons
Such a huge focus on quality, but an intense push from the client on delivery timing.
hard work/little pay
Packaging Project/Asset Manager (Former Employee) –  Woburn, MANovember 2, 2017
The people I worked with were great.Upper management is terrible. They only care about their bottom line. Everybody else is just a number. What kind of company lays people off at Christmas??
Challenging
Network Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 31, 2017
Don't work there I would not go back. But we all need a start.just walk in eyes wide open.

My managers thought it would be fun to create useless tasks for me to do.
Fun, Flexible, Fast-Paced Company
Client Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mooresville, NCOctober 18, 2017
Schawk is a great company that is multi-faceted media print company that not only puts the client first but also encourages independent thinking. The company values their employees and holds them accountable for their responsibilities.
Pros
flexible work hours, free classes for skill training
Cons
no room for role advancement
Very corporate and cold environment.
Client Project Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAOctober 9, 2017
Environment was very cold. Managers did not interact with their staff. The work was very sloppy which caused them to lose clients.
No company culture.
Pros
Non
Cons
Not a great work environment
Was fun going to the bar after work with coworkers.
Production Artist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 24, 2017
Most people worked hard, were quick with the mac & programs. For the most part, people got along and did what they had to do. Managers could be better, but I've seen worst. Keep in mind this was during the Sears/Kmart era!
Good Place to Work
Remote Worker (Former Employee) –  Woburn, MAAugust 8, 2017
I was hired and started working right away. Fellow employees are always willing to help if you should be stuck on something. Ask your Manager for training on something new and they will fit it into your schedule. When they are busy, they are really busy. Meetings are never boring. Input is always welcome from every employee.
Productive workplace, with a family like atmosphere
Studio Production Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 27, 2017
Small knit group, who enjoy one another and back each other up on a daily basis. Allows for an active social life. I would recommend a this company for future job seekers.
Great people, Great work conditions
Imaging Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 13, 2017
By far the best job I ever had. The hours were perfect for my drive in from the 'burbs. The jobs were well thought-out beforehand. The people (both coworkers and mid-management) were always there to help when needed.
Good experience
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 1, 2016
Great management and experience, working with Asia offices, overseas vendors, worldwide suppliers, buyers and client.  Worked close with production facilities in Malaysia, China, Japan and Australia.
Toxic work environment
Designer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 13, 2016
Layoffs about twice a year (I hear there is barely anyone left so maybe that is no longer the case). No variety of work due to lack of accounts. One really never feels secure regardless of how good they are at their job. Some of the best people were laid off or targeted until they quit. You don't realize how dysfunctional the environment is until you go someplace else.
Pros
Great downtown location, some really great people
Cons
No advancement. Lack of leadership.
I worked for Matthews prior to their merger. Schawk was great, but the Matthews location I worked with closed post-merger.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MissouriJuly 11, 2016
Schawk was great and I had looked forward to working with their team. Sorry it didn't work out that way. The color technicians and systems people I did get to work with were the best in the industry.
Excellent team of professionals, great work place.
project manager (Former Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLJanuary 15, 2016
I worked as an on site at Schawk's Bacardi USA account in Coral Gables FL, as a Sr Client Coordinator/Project Manager. Handling the traffic for Print advertising and production of outdoor advertising.
I was with Schawk from 2008 till Dec of 2015, an amazing learning experience.
Productive and process oriented company but lack a good management
QA Analyst (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 4, 2015
This is a great place to get a start in the ad agency world.The people you work with will be great but the management keeps switching and thus impacting the active projects. Most often noticed conflicts of interest b/w the management have affected the company on unnecessary expenditure.
High ego
Production Artist (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 14, 2015
When I worked here is was pretty feast or famine. If you didn't fit in, you were never going to fit in. The office is nice as I had a great view of the city from my window seat.
OK place to work
Production Artist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 6, 2015
good people, lack of work, too much rotation. no room for advancement, bought out recently, too many unknowns.
HR is not a real person, its all computer based.
Productive and fun place
Senior Art Director / Motion Artist (Former Employee) –  ChicagoDecember 11, 2014
Ability to work in many areas with a variety of clients, in many skills. Great people. fun people. dedicated career advancement for me.
Great people - Lousy Company
Copywriter (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 11, 2014
This is a great place to get a start in the ad agency world, but with extremely low pay, no room for advancement, a top heavy management structure, and draconian policies and practices you won't stay here long.

The people you work with will be great but overworked and abused. The owners (the Schawk's) care nothing about their people and only about how much money they are going to make.

If you have no other choice you should take the job for the experience but do not stop looking for a better job.
Pros
Nice photo studio
Cons
Working there