The Senior Technical Support Engineer is responsible for the review and qualification of support calls for ScheduALL products, serves as the main point of contact for the customer, and maintains the flow of communication providing customers with daily updates on activities related to resolving a customer’s issue. Responsibilities include documenting customer issues, conducting analysis, reproducing issues, and recommending workarounds as appropriate.
A Senior Technical Support Engineer may assist other product specialists, work with our Development and QA teams on escalated customer issues, and perform departmental training.
The desired candidate should be a skilled troubleshooter with an aptitude to learn quickly and have the ability to accomplish tasks under limited supervision. To perform this job successfully you will have excellent oral and written communications skills. The ability to communicate difficult concepts to various audiences is desirable.
Primary Duties / Responsibilities:
- You will be the primary point of contact (telephone and email) for new and existing business customers.
- You will solve technical support queries of existing customers via remote support
- Analyze software application issues and client software configuration issues.
- Troubleshoot requests using available tools and resources and follow appropriate procedures.
- You will generate technical documentation for our knowledgebase and contribute towards improving our products by sharing customer feedback, as well as your own ideas.
- Provide resolutions in accordance with Service Level Agreements.
- Participate in a 24x7 on-call rotation.
- An excellent customer service attitude and the ability to interact with customers in a professional manner are required.
- Must possess good problem solving, analytical and communication skills.
- Requires the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and use judgment in handling customer calls and providing technical assistance.
- Good working knowledge of basic database administration and executing queries required.
- 1 year Database experience in Oracle or SQL Server preferred.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Information Systems or equivalent experience is preferred.
- 3 to 4 years of Help Desk experience, ERP management software knowledge or any enterprise grade software application experience.
- Must have at least two years of experience in a technical customer support environment or field experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, along with a positive customer service attitude are required.
- Professional customer service skills including telephone etiquette and active listening skills.
- Strong understanding of administering Windows 2000, 2003 and 2008 server.
- Good problem solving, analytical, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Document discussions, findings, and resolutions in our ticketing systems and professional knowledgebase.
- Identify recurring bugs in software and documented it accordingly.
- Work with our Escalation Engineers and Development teams to influence future product design.
- Stays informed of current, new, and pending technology that impact the supporting of products.
- Ability to learn or knowledge of the following software - Microsoft SQL, Oracle, Crystal Reports
- Coaches / mentors others.
- Obtain ScheduALL product certification.
Highly Desired Skills
- Previous experience working in an application support role.
Indeed - 22 months ago