Scheels Employee Reviews in United States

Scheels
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Sandy, UTMay 16, 2016
Scheel was an okay workplace, I quit there because I got a skin rash and went to the dermatologist. I also had two doctors notes informing them to let me off work and scheels told me I was lying. I went in and showed them the rash that covered my body and they still told me I was able to work. They would not work with me.
Great Benefits
Sports Specialist (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 1, 2016
The typical work day was to mainly socialize and help customers with products that we sold. I learned how to excel at customer service and how to sell products to customers. Management was always over your shoulder, which really made the job a lot less enjoyable. Most co-workers were friendly and helpful, it was a team environment! The hardest part of the job was to stay on your feet for long periods of time. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was talking and helping customers!
Terrible
Specialty Shop Manager (Former Employee) –  Great Falls, MTJuly 14, 2016
Lax Management. Multiple issues with unfair treatment. Had issues with other associates being treat differently. Management doesn't handle issues or concerns properly.
Customer service is great
Archery Manager (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILMarch 24, 2016
I loved helping customers with all there outdoor needs and developed a great customer base. I worked hard for Scheels for almost five years and was let go due to a family emergency.
Pros
Helping Customers
Cons
No breaks and just a 30 min. lunch
Productive, organized, fair, friendly
Cashier and dressing room attendant (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDDecember 6, 2015
Scheel's was a very professional and almost strict wok environment. as a cashier it was a very busy off and on job. By that I mean really really busy or very slow flow of people throughout the day. The management of the company is quite a few in numbers and pretty strict and formal. At Scheel's their number one concern is customer service, so they were very stern on being a smiling, helpful hand to customers.
Pros
Good learning experience
Cons
Strict, not the most enjoyable/fun work environment
Great culture!
Events & Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MNDecember 2, 2015
No day is the same coordinating events and marketing campaigns & partnerships. I learned project management and relationship building skills. As well as branding for a giant retailer and creating brand love and a memorable customer experience.
Pros
Creative freedom, great culture, great management
too much work not enough pay
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Bismarck, NDDecember 31, 2015
I worked all the time and barely made enough to cover my rent. I worked every day working awkward times and still didn't have enough to pay for rent.
Pros
loved the store
Cons
hours
Ecellent customer satisfaction
Head Visa Coordinator Consultant (Former Employee) –  Minot NDOctober 19, 2015
A fun environment if you prefer to work alone. Constantly deal with customer satisfaction. Knowing how to deal with all personalities and creating a sale through natural conversations is a must.
Pros
Self Improvement
Cons
Swing Shifts
Excellent Outdoor Sporting Goods Store
Fishing Specialist/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDAugust 21, 2015
Scheels employees commit to giving the customer a high quality shopping experience. As a sales associate, I enjoyed working with customers and helping them find products that best fit their needs. Scheels employees are confident and extremely hard working people.
Amazing Place to work
Hunting Manager (Former Employee) –  Sandy, UTNovember 12, 2015
Unbelievable culture and store. Really fun place to work with great people. Commission means you can make lots of money.
Pros
culture, pay plan
Cons
long hours....retail
Overall a fun work environment with great coworkers
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Sparks, NVMay 21, 2015
Working at Scheels has enabled me to gain a lot of confidence in not only the work environment, but in sales as well. I have learned a lot about myself and my work ethic. I enjoy working here because of the friendly coworkers and friends that I have made and also because it is a friendly company all around. I enjoy being held to a higher standard and trying to give customers an experience they wouldn't normally be accustomed to at a retail store. I genuinely love the majority of the customers that come in on a daily basis, however, the hardest part is having that one customer who, no matter what you do, will not be happy.
Pros
Some free lunches, commission, and discounted or free items
Cons
Not consistent across management and fear of losing job because of visas
Customer oriented work place with excellent team environment.
Support Associate (Current Employee) –  Sparks, NVMarch 28, 2015
Scheels takes very good care of its employees while maintaining progression toward the goal of being the best retailer in the hearts and mind of our customers. The typical work day is very smooth and productive. The management is very friendly and helpful to everyone, including the everyday laborer.
Great benefits and work culture
Women's athletic Speciality shop manager (Current Employee) –  Mankato, MNFebruary 24, 2015
Helping customers with their shopping needs by providing excellent customer service. Empowering other associates through product knowledge in the athletic department. Monitoring sales goals to ensure we're on pace with goals. Creating orders when product is low. My co-workers were positive and great to work with. The hardest part of the job was creating a balance between selling merchandise, crunching numbers, visual displays, and orders. The most enjoyable part is helping customers and providing exceptional customer service.
Pros
great benefits, opportunity to attend sports events at discounted prices, free meals during holidays.
Cons
being on your feet all day.
Exciting and Energetic work place
Shoe Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILJanuary 27, 2015
Scheels is an excellent opportunity for those that are passionate about great customer service and product. Scheels is a company that provides an essential amount of training in order to become knowledgeable and confident about the products. The most enjoyable part about being a team member at Scheels is being able to have co-workers that are just as passionate about great customer service and product as I am.
Overall Experience
Softline Sales Associate/Manager (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 3, 2015
After working for this company for 3 years, I've made some life long friendships. The culture here is like no other. I was able to learn about many products which I've learned to love. Not one day was the same since you were able to interact with each and every customer.
Pros
atmosphere
Cons
leaving the company
Friendly and open atmosphere
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Rapid City, SDJuly 11, 2014
Scheels strives in excellent customer service! Customers were always first priority on this job. I was a cashier at Scheels which is an outdoor sports store. I learned communication skills and how to meet the needs of the customer to my best ability. Everyone got along at work and we were always in a good mind set. The hardest part was counting the credit card receipts from the till because there would be so many after a shift! What I enjoyed about the job was meeting new people and talking to the customers.
Pros
discounts
Cons
long shifts with no breaks except for lunch.
nice people to work with just alwasy so stressful and not becasue of customers
NASCAR Leader/Stock/Cashier (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IANovember 15, 2013
at the start of my day i would get a drawer and count it and make sure i would have $200 dollars. i would help customers find anything they needed. i would also check in products as well as price them and stock them.the hardest thing about working there was working by myself. the people i worked with were great people. the managers needed to work on there communication skills.
Pros
discout was awesome
Cons
no breaks and most of the adults there act like high schoolers
Productive, yet fun environment.
Customer Service, Cashier (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIMay 23, 2013
A typical day at work would be doing the needed tasks to make sure the customers needs are taken care of. Ive learned that I work well with people and have great communication skills. I do well with management and am known to be a hard worker, whom learns quickly. I get along great with others and tend to be a likable person. The hardest part about my job would be making sure everything runs smoothly. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing the look of satifaction on the customers face.
Cons
salary
Scheels
Supervisor/Manager (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 27, 2014
Scheels is a wonderful company to work for. They give lots of opportunities to Sales Managers/Store Managers for bonuses and trips. They have a tremendous business plan. Overall, my favorite part about Scheels is the proximity of personal relationships with co-workers.

Unfortunately, I was not a Sales Manager and was not able to take advantage of the bonuses and trips. I was Cashier Supervisor and managed 150 people with one other supervisor. I learned a lot as I was in the position for 10 years. However, because I was in the position so long, my skills were nearly irreplaceable and I was not allotted opportunities for advancement. The pay was not equivalent for the amount of work associated with the job.
Pros
co-workers, contests, discount
Cons
retail hours, pay
Scheels - Event Coordinator
Event Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Sparks, NV 89434June 21, 2015
I have a fun and diverse roll where I act as a community liaison to the public with minimal supervision. At Scheels we sell fun.

4.2