Scheels

Scheels United States Employee Reviews

Great place to work!
Service Shop Technician (Current Employee), Grand Forks, NDMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Employee discount, fun atmosphere
Cons: clean shaven, laid back attitude at times
In a typical day at Scheels I will mechanically repair bikes, sharpen hockey skates, restring tennis racquets, and communicate with customers about the complications they're having with their sporting equipment. I have learned how to take care of the customer even if they are upset with the product they have purchased. Taking care of the customer and having them leave with a better attitude than when they entered the store is the main goal. Management is great at Scheels. They listen to what anyone has to say in the company and if a idea for change can benefit the company, then it is implemented. My co-workers make the job fun. Working together in a shop allows us to have fun, but still get the job done. The hardest part of the job is facing problems I can't solve at that moment in time and need to order parts and prolong the amount of time the customer has away from their activity. The most enjoyable part of my job is working on bikes since cycling is a passion of mine.
Overall Experience
Softline Sales Associate/Manager (Former Employee), Omaha, NEMarch 3, 2015
Pros: atmosphere
Cons: leaving the company
After working for this company for 3 years, I've made some life long friendships. The culture here is like no other. I was able to learn about many products which I've learned to love. Not one day was the same since you were able to interact with each and every customer.
Great benefits and work culture
Women's athletic Speciality shop manager (Current Employee), Mankato, MNFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: great benefits, opportunity to attend sports events at discounted prices, free meals during holidays.
Cons: being on your feet all day.
Helping customers with their shopping needs by providing excellent customer service. Empowering other associates through product knowledge in the athletic department. Monitoring sales goals to ensure we're on pace with goals. Creating orders when product is low. My co-workers were positive and great to work with. The hardest part of the job was creating a balance between selling merchandise, crunching numbers, visual displays, and orders. The most enjoyable part is helping customers and providing exceptional customer service.
Mature and Professional Environment with Friendly Employees
Fudge Shop Attendant (Former Employee), Rapid City, SDFebruary 16, 2015
Management always acted with mature motives and professional attitude, and fellow employees were always helpful and friendly. Truly a wonderful place to work.
Exciting and Energetic work place
Shoe Sales Associate (Current Employee), Springfield, ILJanuary 27, 2015
Scheels is an excellent opportunity for those that are passionate about great customer service and product. Scheels is a company that provides an essential amount of training in order to become knowledgeable and confident about the products. The most enjoyable part about being a team member at Scheels is being able to have co-workers that are just as passionate about great customer service and product as I am.
fun place to work everyone is upbeat and great.
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee), Sandy, UTOctober 21, 2014
Pros: great employees, and awesome management.
Cons: i cannot think of any cons.
I would shop here for any need I came across, I would even go in just for the sake of seeing other employees and being in the environment.
Good company, low pay
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Moorhead, MNJuly 21, 2014
Pros: good company, great discount
Cons: low pay
Low pay for years of service and amount of work done in day to day
Friendly and open atmosphere
Cashier (Former Employee), Rapid City, SDJuly 11, 2014
Pros: discounts
Cons: long shifts with no breaks except for lunch.
Scheels strives in excellent customer service! Customers were always first priority on this job. I was a cashier at Scheels which is an outdoor sports store. I learned communication skills and how to meet the needs of the customer to my best ability. Everyone got along at work and we were always in a good mind set. The hardest part was counting the credit card receipts from the till because there would be so many after a shift! What I enjoyed about the job was meeting new people and talking to the customers.
Fun and Energetic Workplace
Midline Sales Specialist (Former Employee), Omaha, NEJuly 3, 2014
Pros: fun, energetic, discount
Cons: long hours
The time goes by fast on a typical sales shift. I learned a lot about suggestive and qualification selling. Management is very friendly and helpful. My co-workers were very like-minded and fun to work with. The most enjoyable part of the job is truly helping customers and seeing that they are satisfied.
Happy Place
Scheels College Manager (Former Employee), Sandy, UTMay 24, 2014
I really enjoyed working in a place that taught me a lot of how to run a successful business. I had to work through the paperwork through out a day and all the time helping customers find the products that they were asking for.
Scheels
Supervisor/Manager (Current Employee), Omaha, NEMarch 27, 2014
Pros: co-workers, contests, discount
Cons: retail hours, pay
Scheels is a wonderful company to work for. They give lots of opportunities to Sales Managers/Store Managers for bonuses and trips. They have a tremendous business plan. Overall, my favorite part about Scheels is the proximity of personal relationships with co-workers.

Unfortunately, I was not a Sales Manager and was not able to take advantage of the bonuses and trips. I was Cashier Supervisor and managed 150 people with one other supervisor. I learned a lot as I was in the position for 10 years. However, because I was in the position so long, my skills were nearly irreplaceable and I was not allotted opportunities for advancement. The pay was not equivalent for the amount of work associated with the job.
Fun workplace
Data Entry Associate/Sign Associate (Former Employee), Cedar Falls, IAMarch 26, 2014
Would have been great if there was more work.
Hours were ok.
Location was excellent.
Fun place to work!
Part-time Cashier (Current Employee), Springfield, ILMarch 21, 2014
Pros: flexible hours, helpful management
Cons: n/a
Coworkers are friendly and helpful.
Scheduling is flexible. Hardest part of the job is dealing with issues that come with a retail position. Enjoyable part of the job is being able to form a relationship with the customer for those few minutes.
ok place
Work as a cashier (Former Employee), Springfield, ILJanuary 24, 2014
it was ok just a good overall place to work at. The management was very good to work with got along with them very well. The co-workers were good to work with. The hardest part of the job was finding stuff to stay busy.
Productive place to work
Receiving (Current Employee), Omaha, NEDecember 11, 2013
Unload shipments received throughout the day. Receive them into the system using the correct paperwork. Price the product and then send it to the area of the store it needs to go.
Very fun, productive.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Fargo, NDNovember 18, 2013
Clock in, go to the sales floor, if it was slow we would re-merchandise, straighten, if it was busy we would be first hand to the customers. i learned a lot about new items and how everything worked. the management was fun, easy to work with. my co-workers are my best friends. the hardest part was keeping yourself motivated when it was so slow. the most enjoyable part was just being with such a fun crew
nice people to work with just alwasy so stressful and not becasue of customers
NASCAR Leader/Stock/Cashier (Former Employee), West Des Moines, IANovember 15, 2013
Pros: discout was awesome
Cons: no breaks and most of the adults there act like high schoolers
at the start of my day i would get a drawer and count it and make sure i would have $200 dollars. i would help customers find anything they needed. i would also check in products as well as price them and stock them.the hardest thing about working there was working by myself. the people i worked with were great people. the managers needed to work on there communication skills.
Awesome place to work with a great environment
Commissioned Sales Associate (Current Employee), Fargo, NDOctober 24, 2013
Scheels is a great place to work and it's constant interaction with customers and fellow employees. The management knows where the company is headed and they really do their best to keep to the vision and keep pushing forward.
Very flexible scheduling
Customer/Gun Customer Service desk duties (Current Employee), Appleton, WISeptember 17, 2013
I process government firearm forms verifying that all information is complete and accurate in a busy gun sales environment. I'm also in charge of maintaining records, receiving firearms into the store and many other daily tasks.
Productive work place
Freight Team (Former Employee), Appleton, WISeptember 16, 2013
Pros: i loved interacting with co-workers and customers
Scheels was great because I got to work all over the store. I enjoyed cleaning and organizing the back rooms, but my favorite part was getting to interact and help the customers. There was a lot of managers at Scheels, but they were all very nice and easy to work with. I learned how to work as a team.

About Scheels

Scheels All Sports is all about sports. It sells sporting goods and apparel through¬†more than two dozen¬†stores in about 10 western – Read more

Scheels Salaries