Schenectady ARC Employee Reviews in United States

Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Schenectady, NYNovember 2, 2015
This agency as small as it is is very clicky. There was no support when I started and all upper management wanted to do was micromanage. I was not trained as far as where to find paperwork I was reponsible for on their computer system. I was thrown into a very dysfunctional house where staff are on highs, pushing the individuals buttons to point of crisis. Most staff at the residence I worked in showed ZERO respect for the individuals that live in the house they work in.
Cons
Overworked, unsupported, lowest paying agency in the capital region and expect way too much out of you.
Not a job for the weak minded
Public Relations Manager (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYFebruary 25, 2016
Schenectady ARC is not a bad place to work for. However, it is non-profit that seems to ONLY be focused on making a profit, rather than really putting effort into the consumers who are most important.
Excellent employer full of great opportunitites and wonderful experiences
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYSeptember 10, 2014
I have had a lot of jobs in my life but working for Schenectady ARC was, in my opinion, the best job I've ever had. I only left due to relocating to another state and I miss my job and the people whose lives I effected daily. Schenectady ARC had a great benefits package, fair compensation and really cared about it's employees and the jobs they did. Anyone working in a direct care position should be so lucky as to work for a company like Schenectady ARC. I am proud to have them on my resume and would highly recommend them to anyone in that area who enjoys a job where they not only get to help people but feel that they matter while doing it.
Pros
everything - there really wasn't anything i truly didn't like about working there
Cons
fluctuating staffing, understaffed at times, but provided ot to people like me so pro in my book
Direct Support Professional
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYJune 4, 2015
The job was very rewarding, caring for the disabled. the work was hard with the large amount of staff shortage, your never knew when you were getting out of work. The company struggled to make employees feel like they meant something to the BIG WIGS>
Pros
Helping others
Cons
hours, staff, food, enivorment
Wonderful place focused on providing the best possible experience to the people who are supported and the staff.
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Schenectady, NYMay 4, 2014
This is a career in Human Services. Along with this comes hard work and varying levels of stress, but it is a very fulfilling position to hold. Providing supports and services to those with developmental disabilities is an ever changing field, and Schenectady ARC embraces this.
Worked diligently to respect my scheduling limitation
Relief Staff (Former Employee) –  Schenectady NYOctober 6, 2012
Worked nights doing direct care for people with disabilities. Management staff worked diligently with providing me with the hours I needed given my scheduling limitations while going to nursing school. By far the best part of the job was the consumers I worked with
Pros
overwhelming support by management while i was in nursing school
Cons
pay was minimal
Great place to work and great people
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYApril 12, 2012
Assisted people with mental disorders with daily living skills, cooking meals, housekeeping, laundry, ran errands (medical, banking and shopping), distributed medications when appropriate, planned activities and kept records of daily activities and behavior. Sometimes this job would require to fill in for someone at another house, all/most duties were the same. Overnights when needed.
Pros
great co-workers, flexible, get to go on vacations and field trips paid!!
Cons
going to different houses, not knowing what to expect.
Can't say enough good things
Resident Care Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYAugust 17, 2012
Working for Schenectady ARC helped me find my passion and mission in life.To be a part of a long standing employer, was truly awesome. Their mission was to provide homes, assist the developmentally disabled, and give them the environment to grow and become independent. I knew right away I wanted to dedicate my life to helping others. There is not a day that goes by that I think about all the people I worked with-and I Miss them!
great place to work
Habilitation Instructor (Former Employee) –  schenectady N.Y.November 11, 2014
I worked for ARC about 15 year ago.
despite this passing time
I totally enjoyed the work, the consumers and staff..
wonderful people and place to work
Fast paced and fun along with rewarding.
Service Writer/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYJune 26, 2012
I worked in running the garage with 5 techicians, ran the parts department. Scheduled appointments, dealt with vendors,
dispatched drivers when neccesary and did alot of customer service.
Pros
great place to meet people
Cons
not alot of backing from higher ups.
Nice place to work
Direct Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Schenectady NyJuly 11, 2012
ARC was a pretty good comapny. Just like all companys you have your ups and downs but, it depends on the person you are that will make or break the job.
Pros
you'll love the consumers
Cons
you'll love the consumers
Love!
Residential Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYApril 29, 2014
I always enjoyed going to work! The workers were always nice & i enjoyed working with children I love this place!

4.2