Schenectady ARC

Schenectady ARC Employee Reviews

great place to work
Habilitation Instructor (Former Employee), schenectady N.Y.November 11, 2014
I worked for ARC about 15 year ago.
despite this passing time
I totally enjoyed the work, the consumers and staff..
wonderful people and place to work
Excellent employer full of great opportunitites and wonderful experiences
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee), Schenectady, NYSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: everything - there really wasn't anything i truly didn't like about working there
Cons: fluctuating staffing, understaffed at times, but provided ot to people like me so pro in my book
I have had a lot of jobs in my life but working for Schenectady ARC was, in my opinion, the best job I've ever had. I only left due to relocating to another state and I miss my job and the people whose lives I effected daily. Schenectady ARC had a great benefits package, fair compensation and really cared about it's employees and the jobs they did. Anyone working in a direct care position should be so lucky as to work for a company like Schenectady ARC. I am proud to have them on my resume and would highly recommend them to anyone in that area who enjoys a job where they not only get to help people but feel that they matter while doing it.
Wonderful place focused on providing the best possible experience to the people who are supported and the staff.
Program Coordinator (Current Employee), Schenectady, NYMay 4, 2014
This is a career in Human Services. Along with this comes hard work and varying levels of stress, but it is a very fulfilling position to hold. Providing supports and services to those with developmental disabilities is an ever changing field, and Schenectady ARC embraces this.
LOVE!
Residential Supervisor (Former Employee), Schenectady, NYApril 29, 2014
I always enjoyed going to work! The workers were always nice & i enjoyed working with children I love this place!
Worked diligently to respect my scheduling limitation
Relief Staff (Former Employee), Schenectady NYOctober 6, 2012
Pros: overwhelming support by management while i was in nursing school
Cons: pay was minimal
Worked nights doing direct care for people with disabilities. Management staff worked diligently with providing me with the hours I needed given my scheduling limitations while going to nursing school. By far the best part of the job was the consumers I worked with
Can't say enough good things
Resident Care Supervisor (Former Employee), Schenectady, NYAugust 17, 2012
Working for Schenectady ARC helped me find my passion and mission in life.To be a part of a long standing employer, was truly awesome. Their mission was to provide homes, assist the developmentally disabled, and give them the environment to grow and become independent. I knew right away I wanted to dedicate my life to helping others. There is not a day that goes by that I think about all the people I worked with-and I Miss them!
Nice place to work
Direct Support Specialist (Current Employee), Schenectady NyJuly 11, 2012
Pros: you'll love the consumers
Cons: you'll love the consumers
ARC was a pretty good comapny. Just like all companys you have your ups and downs but, it depends on the person you are that will make or break the job.
Fast paced and fun along with rewarding.
Service Writer/Supervisor (Former Employee), Schenectady, NYJune 26, 2012
Pros: great place to meet people
Cons: not alot of backing from higher ups.
I worked in running the garage with 5 techicians, ran the parts department. Scheduled appointments, dealt with vendors,
dispatched drivers when neccesary and did alot of customer service.
Great place to work and great people
Residential Counselor (Former Employee), Schenectady, NYApril 12, 2012
Pros: great co-workers, flexible, get to go on vacations and field trips paid!!
Cons: going to different houses, not knowing what to expect.
Assisted people with mental disorders with daily living skills, cooking meals, housekeeping, laundry, ran errands (medical, banking and shopping), distributed medications when appropriate, planned activities and kept records of daily activities and behavior. Sometimes this job would require to fill in for someone at another house, all/most duties were the same. Overnights when needed.

Schenectady ARC Salaries