Schiavone Construction Co. LLC has a 50+ year commitment to delivering the highest quality construction services at the lowest possible cost This is in large part due to its stable and proven pool of talented engineering, estimating and construction professionals, supported by its highly experienced management team. The firm’s formula for success has made it one of the New York Metropolitan area’s foremost construction companies, with major infrastructure contracts for tunnels, mass transit and subway projects, bridges and highways, deep foundations, marine work and water treatment plants.
Schiavone is part of the Dragados Inversiones USA, S.L. family of companies, itself a subsidiary of Dragados S.A., one of the largest Spanish construction contractors in the world and a leader in the industrial sector and Public Private Partnerships. As part of this organization, Schiavone’s financial strength and stability make it well positioned for today’s unprecedented long-term growth opportunities.
We are currently seeking a seasoned accountant for our Secaucus headquarters.
This position is responsible for maintaining general ledger accounts for all Schiavone companies and joint ventures.
- Prepares and directs the preparation of audits, financial statement and varied fiscal reports
- Reviews and recommends modifications to accounting systems and procedures
- Posts data to various ledgers, registers, journals and logs following established accounting techniques and procedures
- Responsible for closing books at year end upon completion of annual audit
- Maintains the various ledger accounts including reconciliation of the general ledger, prepares balance sheet and profit/loss account analyses, expenditures, and cash balances
- Analyses of payroll back charges for joint ventures
- Replacement and substitution for retain age bonds
- Review subcontractors contract and payments
- Others projects/duties as assigned
Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
Minimum of 5 years’ experience in accounting
Construction industry experience a plus
Knowledge of GAAP
Schiavone offers a highly rich benefits package.
No third party agencies
Send resumes directly to HR