Productive and great work environment
Seasonal Docket Clerk Intern (Former Employee) – Chicago, IL – June 9, 2015
• Managed significant docketing work supporting the asbestos litigation department.
• Delegated with the task of making two court runs a day to the Daley Center after organizing, filing, and coordinating service of pleadings, complaints, motions, and discovery.
• Assisted with basic legal statute and foreign docket research, and with online document retrieval using PACER.
• Identified a new process for document retrieval that saved the firm approx. $26,000 annually.
• Collaborated with staff and other interns to coordinate dockets, hearing dates, and execution of documents.
• Attended hearings and compiled written reports for the General Litigation Docket staff based on what I had observed.
• Performed clerical duties such as word processing tasks and data entry.
• Reviewed drafted memoranda’s involving various lawsuits and appeals, including real estate, tax, litigation and intellectual property.
Worked directly with the key executives.