Schiller Grounds Care Employee Reviews

Great Team of Employees
Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Johnson Creek, WINovember 13, 2017
I really enjoyed my time at Schiller. I only left to go get my MBA and would gladly go back to work there afterwords. My managers were very fair and helpful. It was a great environment to learn and grow in with a lot of opportunity. The job was challenging but the company was there to help you succeed. Highly recommended.
Always had contests and free luncheons
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Southampton, PAAugust 28, 2017
Typing in leads on a 3x5 card for the customer to receive information
How to type faster and how to navigate through their system
Management was nice
Very calm, quiet and peaceful
Figuring out the pieces needed for the equipment we weren't trained on
Coming in to work with nice co-workers
Pros
Contests and Luncheons
Cons
No paid vacations because I was part time but volunteered to do overtime whenever they needed me to
Great products
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Work from homeMay 10, 2017
SGC has six great professional turf care brands. They are small, but aggressive. They are developing new products and working to grow their market share in a very competitive field.
Pros
quality products
Cons
lack management systems
Intimate mid-size company with multiple brands and manufacturing facilities
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Southampton, PAMay 9, 2017
Schiller Grounds Care, Inc. aka SGC, is a great place to work if you want to be a true contributor to a companies success. As the manufacturer of six popular brands of outdoor power equipment, there is plenty of diversity at Schiller Grounds Care with ample opportunity to expand your knowledge and learn new skills that can help you climb the company latter.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Great group of people to work with
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Southampton, PAJune 7, 2016
I enjoyed assisting customer with the Mantis Garden Tillers and payments. Management was awesome to work for also enjoyed my bonuses.
Pros
company picnics, bonuses
Cons
no health care was provided
2 10 min.breaks and 1/2 hour lunch
Assembly (Current Employee) –  Johnson Creek, WIDecember 4, 2014
I begin at 6 am each day.My job is to attach decks to the mowers and then hot test them to be sure everything is correct on machine and that it runs properly.I have learned many things about the ins and outs of assembling the mower itself.I have worked many different stations in my time on the line.Managment has a lack of communication amongst themselves so it causes confusion to the employees sometimes.Overall they are very nice to us and make us feel welcome each day.My co-workers are awesome! have made many friends there.The hardest thing about the job is nothing is ever consistent.One day it's rush rush rush and the next is slow down.I enjoy the people there very much and have made alot of friendships.
Pros
free pizza for the company twice a year
Cons
no christmas party, no turkey or anything for the holidays
Unstable management situation, understaffed, low regard for employee input
Buyer / Purchasing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Southampton, PAOctober 27, 2014
For a 100% procurement company, there is little regard for managing inventory and very little controls in place to achieve this goal. There is also little regard for the input from the operations team outside of management, which is overworked and carries too much responsibility that could easily be delegated.
Sales of 5 brands consisting of mostly niche products through multiple channels with limited budget and resources created challenges.
Director of Sales/Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Southampton, PAJanuary 22, 2014
A typical day consisted of multiple meetings and high level of emails which demanded responses. Limited time and resources to meet expectations of senior management. Learned to rely on sales team and distributors to supply detail analysis of sales of over 300 sku's. Developed new forecasting model and implemented A3 practices in an attempt to supply details. Dedicated group of co-workers who were all over whelmed in with limited budgets and high expectations. The largest challenge was meeting the demands of senior management while respecting the needs of our business partners. The most enjoyable part of the job was the launching of the new forecasting, business plans and A3 processes with the assistance of the sales team and our business partners. Action Plans were drafted to address any plans that were falling short of expectations. Understanding their challenges and having them involved in designing a solution lead to wide acceptance of the new projects. Result were sales that exceeded budget and outpaced total company.
Pros
Well financed company, recently introduced products received well in the marketplace, long term distribution partners
Interesting Place to work
Lean Manufacturing Manager (Current Employee) –  Johnson Creek, WIJanuary 6, 2014
Very challenging and fast pace environment. There is a lot of challenges that help you improve your skills in a manufacturing environment.
Schillder Grounds Care - exciting place
Marketing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Trevose, PAOctober 28, 2013
I really enjoyed working for this company even though it was through a temp agency. It's too bad I was too good at completing the task, i would have enjoyed staying with the company full time.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Not enough work for temps
Nice people and interesting field.
Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Southampton, PAAugust 5, 2012
The fellow engineers were very nice and helpful, as well as insightful.
Pros
freedom