Schindler Elevator Corporation

Schindler Elevator Corporation Employee Reviews in United States

Interesting
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Morristown, NJMay 16, 2016
- A lot to learn
- Work could get repetitive in the corporate office
- Training is not the best
- Growth is if you are lucky
- A lot of catering to sales rep
Pros
Amazing people, Parties every other week
Cons
Not enough useful training, lack of communication
Place does not appreciate hard workers
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Holland, OHMay 6, 2016
A really bad place to work.will not promote good workers. I was treated very unfairly.I worked so hard and did not get the same compensation as a girl that I trained
Pros
Cons
Do not appreciate hard work
Schindler is a great place to work!
Quality Assurance Lead/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Holland, OHFebruary 2, 2016
The management team is great and the coworkers are drama free. I do enjoy my job and find that most people that work there stay for a long duration of employment.
Learned a lot, challenging but fair.
MARKET DEVELOPMENT MANAGER/SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Boston MAJanuary 19, 2016
Jumping into the industry with no prior experience can be tough, but there were training opportunities and support available to get off and running. Many different avenues to shape a career internally.
a fantastic company to work for I learned something new everyday.
Field Coordinator (Admin Support) (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 29, 2015
Coordinate between superintendants and mechanics daily work schedules, safety training, parts to be ordered that will help complete the daily mission.
Setting up travel arrangements for mechanics needing to go to training out of state.
Performing office admin duties for the superintendants that allow the superintendants to get out in the field with the mechincs.
Notify mechanics of any problems customers are having with there equipment on site.
Compile material need for monthly safety training sessions.
A typical day is talking to sales, superintendants and mechanics focusing on an projects to help complete the daily mission.
I learned more about the mechanical aspects of elevator operations, construction and modification.
My co-workers have many years of knowledge that I was able to draw from to enhance my knowledge and experience.
The hardest part of this job was having minimal knowledge basiscally I had to start from scratch which is a challenge. I love a challenge. This job was a prototype job the first that Schindler tried I made it my own with the help of many people the worked in this office I found success.
Good place to work. Since only a contract employee, I can't speak to issues involving permanent employees
Industrial Engineer (Former Employee) –  Hanover, PANovember 30, 2015
Enjoyed working at the job as a contract employee. Work was challenging and employees were good to work with. Days went by quickly. Added some additional skill learning some SAP.
Use to be good
Employee (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaOctober 6, 2015
Used to be a good place to work. Now, management runs products though that are questionable. If some big customers actually knew about the product quality they were getting and complained, I think some management staff would change there ways or else get fired. Too much talk and little action to improve problems. Many employees unhappy how things are now.
Pros
Over time work.
Cons
Bad managment, no longer a pleasant place to work.
Difficult managers, no room for advancement
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILSeptember 15, 2015
Administrative responsibilities with management, supervisors, sales force and mechanics. Acquired computer skills, experience with project management, invoicing, payroll and customer service. Management lacked communication skills. I facilitated payroll and data input for the mechanics, whom I enjoyed working with. Interaction with customers and personnel in additional Schindler offices was also a plus. Disappointing that there was no room for advancement.
Corporate minded, treat you like you are their property
Customer Service Representative, Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Holland, OHSeptember 1, 2015
If you want to work in customer service at a fast paced call center that operates 24/7/365, where you will be required to work weekends and holidays, and if you do not sign up for enough OT on your own, you will be MANDATED to work weekends and holidays, regardless of your personal commitments outside of work (ie: school, children, funerals), then this IS the place for you! The people who work there are good people for the most part, but the way it is managed, and the way they treat their employees, is deplorable at best.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Everything else
Productive fast passed job with knowledgeable people.
Assembler/Inspector (Temp. Job) (Former Employee) –  Hanover, PAAugust 26, 2015
Fun place to work. great hours and opportunity for overtime. Of course had to meet the production numbers for the day but supervisors would have cookouts for the employees from time to time
Pros
hours
Cons
attitudes of others
Great company to work for...
WAREHOUSE SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 20, 2015
I loved working for the company but after while the amount of heavy lifting took a toll on my physical well being. I enjoyed the independence I was given by my supervisors. Working with the outside contractors was a great addition to my work week.
Pros
Warehouse atmosphere and independent work environment was great.
Cons
Extreme heavy lifting.
Great Company
New Installation Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIJuly 30, 2015
Excellent company to work for. Management very helpful. Excellent software programs to perform your mission. Opportunities to grow.
Schindler Elevator
Tactical Buyer (Current Employee) –  Holland, OHJune 9, 2015
Interact with engineering, R&D, vendors as well as customers.
Manage distribution center stocking for organization.

I’ve enjoyed working with a great group of people and have learned a great deal, however I am looking for greater opportunities. This opportunity is very interesting to me, and fits very well with the direction I want to take my career and I believe your company would be a great place to pursue those opportunities.

Hardest Part: Having your hands tied within parameters.

Enjoyable Part: to win that deal that generates a profit and is a win for the customer.
ok job
Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Morristown, NJMay 31, 2015
 Quality control of the manufacturing parts and assemblies on the shop floor of the factory.
 Supervise the work flow, manufacturing process.
Pros
ok co
Cons
no advancing
Great co-workers
Asst Supt, Warehouse Manager, Asst Project Manger (Former Employee) –  Moorestown, NJMay 5, 2015
Co-workers worked very hard in doing the right thing for the customer. The field personnel is some of the unions best in the business.
Fun Place to work with great benefits
Warehouse Associate / Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLMarch 15, 2015
Good place to work. GREAT BENEFITS WITH A GREAT PRICE. Co-workers are very friendly. Like being on the road and working in the warehouse.
intern (Former Employee) –  njFebruary 28, 2015
There are some really great people here that care about making a contribution and teamwork. However at times, hard work can go unrecognized because some critical functions are spread too thin.
Productive and excellent place to work.
Programmer (Former Employee) –  Sidney, OHJanuary 21, 2015
Thoroughly enjoyed my time working here. Was a very well organized facility with friendly management and co-workers.
Not a family oriented environment
Senior Financial Analyst - Zone Americas (Current Employee) –  Morristown, NJJanuary 13, 2015
Day-to-day work is ok..however senior management is all men and can't see women to move up and get promoted.
A lot of the Senior Management in the US headquaters are all Swiss men, with different culture expectations.
Cons
health benefits not good, obeserving only 8 holidays a year.
No downtime always busy so day goes fast
Elevator Mechanic Helper (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXNovember 17, 2014
You get laid off for dumb reasons. they pick and choose. too political
Pros
money
Cons
politics

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Schindler Elevator Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.