Schindler Elevator Corporation Employee Reviews

Schindler Elevator
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 20, 2017
Great managers and assistant managers.The hardest part of my job was learning tip and tricks for organization and time management . I worked there for summers and my senior year of high school as part of the BCIS program.
Pros
Catered lunches, breaks, great enviroment
Good place to work but needs improvement in the management area
SERVICE & REPAIR FIELD CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 20, 2017
I like the Service Scheduling tool and IPhone had videos to help with task Field support was good.The Iphone used for work had alot of good support apps to assist with doing testing and repairs along with safety.
Pros
Service Tool and Iphone, Company Van
Cons
Management was very poor and this led to alot of issues with customers
Corporate America without the Tie
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 17, 2017
Workplace culture is kind of a forgotten term here. Might have well been the 1950s. Peanuts, popcorn, good ol boy system and boatloads of racial prejudiced to peeple of color. Good news is deadlines were held over your head as sudden death if not completed. Great place to feel like the Spanish Inquisition.
Pros
I left
Cons
Idiots I worked with.
HAve to work alot of OT to make a living
Dispatcher/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Holland, OHMay 3, 2017
Manager was horrible. Treat employees like children. Management has no sympathy for her employees. Point system so if you get sick or call off you get a point. Like most companies they love snitches
Pretty good place to work
Senior Engineer (Current Employee) –  Hanover, PAApril 1, 2017
The company is generally pretty good to work for. It gets a little chaotic because the left hand doesn't always talk to the right hand. Everyone is pretty positive and friendly. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the constantly changing shipping schedule. It literally can change hours at a time.
Meetings were fun and full of food!
Elevator Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, GAFebruary 15, 2017
Everyone talks mess about each other, and the so called "brotherhood" they preach about does not exist. They deliberately overwork you, and they embarrass you openly for not knowing something. I was never really able to learn the full construction of an elevator from start to finish because they would switch me to a whole different job site in the mist of me trying to grab the building of an elevator step by step. So the learning process was scrambled so to speak and I was always blamed and yelled at for it.
Pros
Were great at teaching and practicing safety. Great pay, great benefits, awesome inspections.
Cons
Mechanic to trainee teaching was horrible. Horrible job placement, poor planning, poor communication.
Elevator Mechanic
Master Elevator Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 8, 2017
Worked hard, lot's of overtime (paid). I learned a lot. They picked me up as an apprentice, and kept me all the way through my master mechanic license.
Pros
Paid to learn on the job
Cons
Hard thankless work
Enjoyed the people I worked with and enjoyed the Account Management for my clients.
Account Manager - National Business Development (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COFebruary 1, 2017
Really enjoyed the Account Management and taking care of my clients. I was the number one Account Manager in the office for seven consecutive years and established a lot of close relationships.
Fun workplace
SAP Developer (Former Employee) –  Morristown, NJFebruary 1, 2017
Good team to work with, everyone helps each other out. The support from the managerial team is immense, and they bring out the best in you. Finally, that is all that matters.
Great company
Lead Mechanic in High Rise Bank Converting (Current Employee) –  New York, NY 10036January 29, 2017
Lots of opportunity for growth plenty of work and overtime available. One of the industry leaders in safety and technology.
Great Place to Work
Senior Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Morristown, NJJanuary 21, 2017
Lovely people. Great work environment. This company has taught me a lot and allowed me to expand my career. I owe a lot to this company and would love to work there again!
Pros
Nice lunch time
Great Benefits and Good People
Assistant Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 16, 2017
The benefits that Schindler provides are outstanding and all employees seem to be experts in their own field. I would love to work for them again.
great pay
Employee (Former Employee) –  Hanover, PADecember 27, 2016
Has the potential to be a great place to work. There is no real relationship with management. Co-workers, like any other job, you have great ones, and some not so great.
Pros
pay
Cons
structure
Great work atmosphere
Associate Superintendent (Current Employee) –  ConnecticutSeptember 1, 2016
A great job for wanting to expand in the construction industry. Hours are relatively stable, some mornings are early. Safety is a big aspect of business.
Excelente
Instalador (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRAugust 19, 2016
Gracias a Shcindler por haberme brindado la oportunidad de darrollarme en la industria de elevadores. Fueron 11 años los cuales aportaron las primeras bases en mi formacion laboral en el ambiente de la industria
Too much focus on short term profits.
undisclosed (Former Employee) –  undisclosedJune 15, 2016
Senior leaders and executives are too focused on short term profits and maximizing their personal bonuses. Quality, customer satisfaction and long term strength of the company are second to achieving YOY margin and profit objectives.
Pros
Good products and support at the high end of the market
Cons
Quality of the leadership depending on where you are located
Industrial Job putting together Elevators
IT Technician (Current Employee) –  Hanover, PAMay 25, 2016
It was a good, relatively well run operation for assembling and shipping elevators in an industrial environment. The people there are nice and willing to work with you to get the problem done.
Interesting
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Morristown, NJMay 16, 2016
- A lot to learn
- Work could get repetitive in the corporate office
- Training is not the best
- Growth is if you are lucky
- A lot of catering to sales rep
Pros
Amazing people, Parties every other week
Cons
Not enough useful training, lack of communication
Place does not appreciate hard workers
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Holland, OHMay 6, 2016
A really bad place to work.will not promote good workers. I was treated very unfairly.I worked so hard and did not get the same compensation as a girl that I trained
Pros
Cons
Do not appreciate hard work
Schindler is a great place to work!
Quality Assurance Lead/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Holland, OHFebruary 2, 2016
The management team is great and the coworkers are drama free. I do enjoy my job and find that most people that work there stay for a long duration of employment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Schindler Elevator Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval