Schlesinger Associates Employee Reviews in United States

Does not value employees
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 13, 2015
Office politics definitely an issue here; people are scared to speak up because can jeopardize job. HR DOES NOT abide by HR guidelines and reports everything back to manager or headquarters, no work/life balance and not paid adequately for stress (unless you're on your way out, then tries to bride). No training and no accountability. On the bright side, the employees can be some of the best people you work with if you are in a good market.
Pros
Great co-workers, ability to learn a lot
Cons
No training or accountability, poor HR, scapegoating, does not listen to or value employees
long hours/small compensation
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Iselin, NJSeptember 22, 2015
everyone who works there is really nice but it isn't worth the stress. long hours/ridiculous expectations/ shotty upper management
a little overwhelming and a lot of Micromanaging
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 18, 2015
a typical work day....hmmmmm i would come in speak turn my computer on,check emails to see what jobs i'm assigned to, then grab the board and start calling through the database to start recruiting! management is always micromanaging

the hardest part of the job is when you don't have a good call list so that means low recruits, the most enjoyable part of the job is clocking out to go home to my family at the end of the work day!
benefits
Cons
hours cut
No advancement
Medical Recruiter/Front Desk (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 27, 2015
While I enjoyed my job there was major downsizing and the opportunity or advancement went away and moral was low in the office.
Fun productive work place
Recruiter- Full Time/Part Time (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 21, 2016
Good company to work for. The job was not hard because it involve calling consumers to participate in studies for which they were compensated for their time.
Easy going work place
Qualitative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 28, 2016
Unreliable to be put on the work schedule. Wonderful staff. I learned communication skills and basic office job tasks. The most enjoyable part of the job were the hours 6:30am-2:30pm.
Flexible and Friendly Work Environment
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Rosemont, ILAugust 5, 2013
Working for Schlesinger Associates provides a great opportunity to develop supreme multi-tasking and client service skills. It is very easy, for motivated and curious individuals, to gain an extensive understanding of the inner workings of the Market Research Industry, from project development to accounting. However, there is little room for advancement and high turnover. In addition, as a full time staff member, there is no guarantee of working 40 hours a week, so the pay and schedule are very inconsistent.
Pros
diverse staff, flexible hours, hands-on experience in a wide range of tasks
Cons
long hours with no scheduled breaks, often expected to work 10-12 hour days with no constancy week to week, poor communication between management and staff on changes on the corporate side, as well as client services side
Worst Company to Work At!!!
Manager (Former Employee) –  PhoenixMay 17, 2013
Expect low pay, no raises, procrastination on any review of employment, no lunch breaks for their front staff (which is illegal) and to be tossed out after loyal service and providing a good work history. This company is all about the money! They surcharge the companies that come to their facility at least of 30 % mark up on any item to try to compensate for their losses from recruitment, incompetent staff or show rate. Poor Management, Incompetent Directors and Human Resources will be the downfall of this once respected company. Oh and if your a respondent expect to be scheduled for a study and never to be compensated for your participation becuase they had problems on their end. "I cant process your incentive right now but if you leave me your address we will mail it out tomorrow, and by the way I need your social security #". Then they will wait a week to even look into your case. FRAUD!!!
Pros
nothing.
Cons
everything. do not work for this company!
focused, fun group that taught me a lot
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 16, 2014
Management was supportive from the start as I brought my technical and creative people skills background into recruiting. The daunting challenges of cold calling were always balanced by a solid group of co-workers who always saw the humor in every situation.

As situation demanded, I managed projects to match projects with the best recruiter fit. Until we were downsized, every day here was energetic, driven, and a learning experience.
Pros
work-life balance, fantastic management team
Cons
salary was low for this area.
Not a career. Ok if you are in school or pursuing other interests.
Qualitative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 24, 2015
This is an ok job if you are in school or pursuing other interests. If you are looking to move up in the company.. then you better be related to someone, or good friends with management. Staff and management is "cliquey"

As a qualitative assistant your job is to help visiting marketing research clients with focus groups conducted in the facility. This position has nothing to do with marketing research is is more of a "hospitality" role. You are to please your clients no matter how menial their request. Some clients can be rude and condescending and you have to put on a smiley face and act like their behavior is ok. Projects can be a complete mess, and since you are the one helping the clients you can be blamed and yelled at for a lot of things that are out of your control.

Clients are paying top dollar to conduct research at the facility, so they are allowed to treat staff however they like.

If you have a college degree, stay away from this place. Promotions are not performance based, and pay is very low for the work you do.

Management is disorganized

Some weeks you wont be on the schedule, and other weeks are you expected to work 15+ hour shifts.
Pros
free lunch, flexible hours, brand new nice office space.
Cons
no breaks. promotions are not performance based, and given to friends and family. low pay. no benefits.
Life at Schlesinger Associates!
Qualitative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 13, 2014
I enjoy working at Schlesinger Associates. Management is super laid back and they're willing to coach you through office culture. I didn't have much office experience prior to working at Schlesinger but I feel very confident in my administrative capabilities because of my experience at Schlesinger. The staff is beyond amazing, everyone seems to be driven and happy about life. The position isn't hard at all but you must be able to think on your feet and make important decisions quickly. The most enjoyable part of this position is my contact with the people I meet every day, I open myself to different cultures and different ideas and I love that.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
litmited breaks
Interesting and informative to gather various opinions for a job
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 12, 2015
The job was very interesting at times learning about why people thought as they did with certain products or services, or on certain issues.
A very structured and rigid company that feels it has it all figured out
Marketing Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 21, 2013
This company was only a good place to work because of the awesome people that you get to work with daily. This company unfortunately also is one classic case of a place where your next immediate supervisor is always on your case due to a fear of losing their job. This leads to mismanagement and a poor work environment. Other than that, its a fairly stable workplace that can suffice if your looking to build on something else in your life. This is not a career position.
Free food
Client Services Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 13, 2015
QA's are allowed to eat any food that's left - though they don;t get a lunch break that they can leave the building, they can go eat any time clients are in session
Market Research
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 22, 2013
My title as an "executive hostess" was to meet & greet clients that were holding market research studies in our locations. I would set out catering for our clients, order in food for them, pick it up if no delivery was available. I was also responsible for doing the same for the participants with food, beverages in the waiting areas, as well as making sure the rooms were stocked with the same.
Each session was recorded, so I had to start up the a/v recordings for the groups to which I was assigned, and mark each session. These would be sent out to the clients' home offices, so creating UPS labels and packaging was also necessary.
I enjoyed hearing about the different types of market research was taking place, and while confidential, seeing the products or ideas in public was interesting.
Pros
learned different types of market research, met interesting people, free food!
Cons
only worked for a year here while in college, late hours
Lacks positive work culture
Quantitative Associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 6, 2015
If upper management does not like you despite your strong work ethic and dedication they will fire you. However, they tolerate poor research panel recruitment which upsets and frustrates the clients for lack of well qualified research panels.
Pros
flexible work hours
Cons
misguided upper management work ethics and work dedication.
Overall great work place and management
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Iselin, NJOctober 30, 2014
Overall great work place and management.
Learned how to work faster with computers and how to communicate better with customers.
Co-worker are very nice and very well mannered.
The job is not hard at all! Once you get the hang of how their system works it's a piece of cake.
Most enjoyable part of the job is working with clients.
Schlesinger Associates
GMS Division Assistant Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia,PaJune 10, 2013
Schlesinger Associates is a great place to work. The management is very passionate about their work and customer service. Your co-workers is the best part about Schlesinger from admin-directors everyone works well and maintain relationships away from work. The hardest part is you work an a fast paced demanding environment, your work load can be a challenge. Simply a great place to work.
Pros
ot
Cons
lack of work.
Started off Swell
Market Research Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 17, 2012
I think that the company is constantly in flux, not knowing which direction and uses a lot of nepotism and disposal tactics. They tend to 'throw out the baby with the bath water' and promote a tedious culture unbeknownst to them.
I loved my job because it felt like I was vicariously giving people money and speaking to so many varied industries etc.
Pros
the right ideas but...
Cons
inconstant
Great working environment
Qualitative Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 23, 2014
This is by far the best job I've had in years. The clients can be a little demanding but when you have a supportive management staff and even more supportive team members it makes everything go better.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
n/a