Schlotzsky's Employee Reviews

Fun working place
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSFebruary 16, 2017
Was a fun place to work.. Absolutely loved working there. It was a fun environment friendly people and co workers to work with. That would be a place i would go back to work at if i needed a job.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 12, 2017
Needs more management needs better management Great. location but management needs lots of improvement. Overall the crew. Is great the teach you.
never the same ole day
Baker (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNFebruary 11, 2017
There was no such thing as a typical day. I got to know regular customers and was able to have their orders ready before they were finished ordering. Customers love that. Baking was time sensitive and must be watched carefully. The hardest part of this job was learning new sandwiches.
Review in a bun
Crew Member/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COFebruary 9, 2017
The Typical day working in Schlotzky's Deli is working on the register, cleaning up after the customers, cooking sandwiches as quickly and as effectively as possible. We make sure the food and produce are in date and keep the rotation fresh for assorted meats, cheeses, and vegetation. We also make sure that the restrooms and the kitchen are cleaned before, during, and after work.

I relearned how to use the cash register when i was out of work for the time as well as up-selling out products to the customers. It was also the first step into the world of fast food and learning how to: organize, cash handle, multitask, food preparation, use a cash register, cleanliness. The basics that many people can learn with this job as it is a stepping stone job.

Like a heartbeat of any restaurant/fast food, it has its slow times and its rushes while maintaining a balance between the two gaps. The slow times the the best wen we need to get restocked and clean up the area. we also make the bread fresh everyday and make sure that our bake chef is ready as our ovens

The hardest part of the job is the lunch/ dinner rush. although it is too be expected with restaurants and food. Other then that it is a rather easy job to make sure everything is accounted for and everything is kept in order

the most enjoyable parts of work is the atmosphere and the occasional cool down throughout the day. Just taking in the day and what we accomplished
Pros
Cash Handling, Food Preparation Training, Taught to use Deli Slicer, Basic Cleaning Skills, Adaptiblity training
Cons
Lunch/Dinner Rush can be a bit much
Cook (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 9, 2017
I liked this job at first because it was my first job ! But my over all experience here was so bad. The management is horrible there , it's so bad because neither one of them speak enough English . They're rude in front of customers and will talk to you any kind of way in front of the customers! Even the regulars we get say they treat there staff so badly.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No benefits
Fun place to work just no benefits or enough pay
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COFebruary 7, 2017
At a typical day at work i would count the drawers and set up the registers. Make sure all of the employees are doing their jobs and getting the store set up for opening. I would create the schedule and complete inventory every week. I learned a lot about managing employees at this job and how to handle certain situations. The hardest part of the job was trying to get all of my stuff done while having to watch over the employees (most of whom were in high school) to make sure things were getting done correctly. The most enjoyable part of the job was having conversations with the guests and helping them with whatever they needed.
Pros
Free food and pretty open schedule
Cons
no benefits and hardly any pay
Enjoyable and great coworkers
Regular Employee/Manager (Current Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIFebruary 2, 2017
The job can be challenging at times but for the most part it's easy going and fun to work at. Enjoy all the people I work with as well and have a fun time. It's a great first job and very flexible schedule to work around school.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
some customers may be rude to you for no reason
okay enviorment
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Seguin, TXFebruary 1, 2017
Fast learning, Other than that there is not much to say about this company in its entirety. Learned how to greet customers with a smie, and loved hearing stories of customers.
A learning experience I will always be proud of
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, TXJanuary 24, 2017
Schlotzskys was a great learning experience for me the team work that is shown here is amazing strong and hard working from the front end of the house to the back of the house we all worked with a since of urgency to make our guest happy and satisfied when you get to see returning customers on a daily basis brings a smile to your face and confidence that you must be doing something right even when the hard part of your day hits and you have full house and three or four company cater orders but with a solid team and a strong minded manager we will all have a easy wonderful day
Good first job
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJanuary 23, 2017
Since I've worked there I know a lot have changes have been made including a remodel and a owner change. So, I can't say much of how it is currently. While I worked there management was alright. Nobody was very strict. It was a minimum wage job. Closes early so hours weren't to late. Honestly, it was a boring job. Lots of standing around.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Boring
It pays the bills.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARJanuary 19, 2017
Your day consist of very short shifts, usually split shifts. It has the potential to pay most of your bills but, definitely not all.
Pros
Half priced lunches
Cons
No benefits
this was just a job i had in high school
Team Member/Cashier/Cook/manager (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 18, 2017
worked 40+ hours a week working in food service industry with fast food deli sandwiches. My management skills increased at schlotzsky's a lot dealing with personnel issues and scheduling to ensure that every shift ran accordingly but also meeting the needs of the crew. there were a few management issues but all in all it was a good work experience. When i worked there our good attitudes gave us great work relations.
Pros
free food
Cons
short breaks
Family Run Business, Mercurial Management
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJanuary 12, 2017
Odd place to work in Corpus Christi, Texas. Management is driven by nepotism. Owners willing to lie to further their own interests. They do not drug test upon hiring, and pay the minimum possible to their employees.
Pros
good food
Cons
low pay, bad management
Helped me grow as a General Manager
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Highlands Ranch, COJanuary 11, 2017
Schlotzkys gave me my first opportunity to run a restaurant and get familiar with the day in and out's of how a business is ran. I had to chance to run all of what a restaurant needs on a daily basis and plan for future idea's, and processes that was needed.
like many fast food restaurants but with sandwiches
Team Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Katy, TXJanuary 9, 2017
Schlotzsky's is nothing special it is a fast food restaurants that asks no more then other fast food restaurants ever day is just preparing food for the next wave of people.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
the pay is pretty bad
kitchen manager at schlotskyz
scholskyz (Former Employee) –  Liberty, MOJanuary 9, 2017
I would make sure my tasks and each employess tasks are complete and accuarate by the end of the day. I jump between each area in the restaurant which might need help, and make sure the work environment is safe, clean, and organized.
Productive with a friendly work envionment
Cashier/Server (Former Employee) –  Nacogdoches, TXJanuary 8, 2017
Typical day involves taking orders and making sandwiches, pizza, salads, or pasta for customers. I learned how to work a drive through and accommodate with customers needs. Management and co-workers were friendly. The hardest part was dealing with the lunch rush. I actually enjoyed making the sandwiches and seeing that customers enjoyed my work.
fun place to work
Baker (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MODecember 28, 2016
Good people. Customers are very polite. Must be punctual. Prep breads for the following day so calling off is very inconvenient for everone. Fresh products
Deli Artist (Former Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMDecember 14, 2016
I'am a very hard worker and I enjoy getting my work done as soon as possible and I enjoy helping people out. The things I learned to be a hard worker.
Management has no clue what they should be doing
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CODecember 13, 2016
There are too many managers and not enough people actually doing their jobs. Management also doesn't seem to understand basic safety protocol. There was one morning where a manager sliced off the tip of his finger in the deli slicer; later that day a different manager was cleaning the slicer by holding a wet rag to it while it was running!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Schlotzsky's. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8