Schlotzsky's Employee Reviews in United States

Productive work place
Open Prep Manager (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXJuly 27, 2016
Working for Schlotzsky's was a different experience in my book, they focused more on sales rather than the guests. The hours were great, you had a set schedule unless you were on salary. I wasn't too satisfied with the business.
It was a good job
Manager (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLJune 27, 2016
Supervising, opening and closing the deli, making orders, cash register, stock and inventory, counting up the cash drawers, making deposits, cleaning.

I learned all these tasks mentioned.

The co-workers were nice.

The hardest part of the job was opening and closing the deli the same day.

The best part was the people and the free food.
Pros
The best part was the people and the free food.
Cons
The hardest part of the job was opening and closing the deli the same day.
Could be a great place to work, but....
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Salina, KSJune 21, 2016
Schlotzsky's strengths are that it's employees bond well and quickly. But that is also it's weakness. Employees are prone to over playfulness and laziness. Management and the owner were not as strict as needed to be. Not a job I'd like to return unless I had no other choice.
Pros
Free food and drinks
Cons
Long hours, no breaks, no benefits and bad pay
Okay job in customer service
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXJune 20, 2016
I somewhat appreciated my time as a cashier at Schlotzsky's Deli. As usual in the food and service industries, schedules are subjective. There is no structured work schedule, so usually, I received less than 20 hours a week but I guess with more experience comes more hours. Management could use some improvement as I did not know I was eligible for a raise after three months and I had been working for the franchise for six. Hiring is also subjective. I guess this could happen to a lot of places, but the store at which I worked was robbed at gunpoint and they stole over $1300. Fortunately, I was not at the store when the robbery occurred, but there was no procedure in place or steps to take in the event of a robbery.
Pros
Employee discount on entrees
Cons
Minimal benefits for employees, management needs improvement, better security
cheerful, productive workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Northport, ALJune 16, 2016
I absolutely loved working here! My fellow employees were great to work with. I enjoyed being on a team of all different ages, ethnicities, and personalities. Everyone worked well together.
Pros
EVERYTHING
Cons
NONE
Good starter job if and is franchised out pay vaiable pending on sight.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKJune 15, 2016
Over all good company too work for structures vary pending on job location and work relation. Management team as well as coworkers can be a great asset, serving your community and various networking possibilities. Solid work environment, must have patience and strong work ethics.
Pros
serving public, networking friends and coworkers, learning products and various recipe building skills
Cons
pay limited advancement difficult at times. healthcare cost sometimes, can be a factor.
Glass ceiling with management that plays favorites
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Willis, TXMay 31, 2016
Working at Schlotzsky's started out great, until I took time off for a surgery. When I came back, my GM treated me differently. I was always in trouble for something, and snide comments became frequent. When I was expected to leave my kids home alone and come to work during bad weather (flooding streets), I quit. Of course Schlotzsky's is a franchise. This means that the quality of your management will depend on who the owners hire. In my case, they hired someone who thinks too much of herself. A different owner could hire better GMs that make the work experience good, because the actual job is great. It's stress free and requires little physical lifting or straining. As far as food goes, this is one of the easiest. No fryers or grills to clean, and the menu is pretty limited, so it's not hard to memorize.
Pros
Lots of hours
Cons
very low pay, no healthcare
We built the restaurant from the ground up. It was a real enjoyable education.
Co-Owner / Asst. Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 29, 2016
Loved every minute of it! The hardest part, once again, was some customers. Every morning we started by prepping foods for the day & baking the bread. Receiving merchandise & ordering was also a daily routine. We opened at 10 am.each day & closed at 11 pm. We had a good crew of young people working for us. We sold the business when we heard Schlotzsky's Corp. was heading for hard times.
productive place to work
Baker/ deliver Diver (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXMay 28, 2016
Is a good place to work and grow. I like the management, business model, and structure. Very good place and I recommend it.
Terrible
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMay 23, 2016
Literally these worst job I've held. The owners were a joke, they didn't follow the franchise rules. They always pushed for me to work more hours even while I had repeated told them I was in school, while working 55+ hours a week. Raises are nonexistent, the store was constantly dirty, unorganized, and understaffed.
Decent entry level job
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXMay 19, 2016
Decent job if you have nothing going for you. Daily tasks aren't too difficult, however dealing with co-workers can be a pain. Compensation is average and there no real opportunity to grow in the company. Management can be either really good or really poor. Same goes for ownership (I've experienced both sides).
Pros
Flexible schedule, relatively simple tasks
Cons
Short breaks, work politics, rude customers, no job growth
productive and fun, fast paced place
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXMay 9, 2016
This place was one of my favorite job experiences I have had in a very long time, I have made memories and life-time friends there.
Good/Productive Workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Spring, TXMay 9, 2016
Usually on a typical day it was a steady flow until the times when people would head home is when the flow picked up. Throughout my time here I picked up many skills such as being able to handle the money better and better customer service. In general all the coworkers got along very well and there was not any conflict between each other.
Pros
Discount on food
Cons
Short breaks
50/50
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Abilene, TXApril 25, 2016
It can be a fun place to work but should only be used as stepping stone during life. Not a place for permanency. It can be enjoyable most days. But I myself would change quite a few things that occur there on a daily basis
Pros
fun crew, easy job
Cons
no healthcare, no vacations
fast pace environment never really a slow day
Assistant Catering Manager/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Flowood, MSApril 21, 2016
Better management ... being professional about situations all and all my co workers was wonderful! being attentive as far as customer service. Also being a little more understanding when someone calls out sick because they might actually be sick! Or having car trouble and everything.
Pros
half off on lunch whether you work that day or not.
Cons
alot of gossip
fun
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Bastrop, TXApril 21, 2016
great place to work
flexible hours
they are understanding
looking for your first job this is a good place to start
I started as a line member, moved up to cashier and drive thru soon enough became a team leader
Great
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Rockwall, TXApril 11, 2016
Great company to work, I've work with Schlotzsky's for over 8 years. Fast growing and bright future. Worked many independent location owner's overall corporate is great to make everything simple and owners work with you. Average customer is also little more high-end then your local McDonalds and Subway.
Meh
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAApril 6, 2016
Typical day consists of making sandwiches, cashing out customers, restocking inventory, washing dishes, cleaning the dining room and bathrooms, etc.

Most enjoyable part was getting paid, least enjoyable was the upper management and owner of franchise was the worst to work for.
Great Place to work
Team Leader/Manager (Current Employee) –  Sweetwater, TXMarch 31, 2016
Great place to work if you are willing to work. Great advancement opportunities (if available) if you show your dedication and determination to the company. Only bad thing is co workers do not show for work. overall good place.
Pros
Great people, family vibe, and advancemtent
Cons
no insurance, not enough staff
very greeting, nice, family place to eat
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Durango, COMarch 19, 2016
I absolutely loved working here, there were nice co-workers, nice people, and I felt very welcomed when I joined. They trained me well which made my job easier and fun.
Pros
breaks, discount, nice people
Cons
nothing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Schlotzsky's. Our community is ready to answer.