Schlotzsky's Employee Reviews

Good starter job
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXOctober 30, 2017
Overall good place to work if you are just needing a job or starting out, management was iffy. I enjoyed the fast paced environment and the constantly staying busy.
this was always a sick place for me . such dirty work enviornment
Cahier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 29, 2017
The work place for me here was always boring because the employees are such rude individuals. The management was very poor here because they dont even train you , the other workers were told to train you.
Easiest job you'll ever have.
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  San Clemente, CAOctober 28, 2017
Easy job and fun too. You come in prepare food, serve customer, restock, clean, wash dishes, sweep, mop and go home.
Then you have the people that think their way is better.
Your way does not matter, the companies way is the way they want it done.
The management is bad. They don't order what the store needs, we were always out of things we needed. They don't toss "out dated" stuff in a timely manner, they don't date new items or rotate items and the owner doesn't fix broke items. I'll stop there.
Pros
some employees are great, super easy job.
Cons
Management, Management, Management
Ok place
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYOctober 24, 2017
This was an ok place to work. The management was nice and worked well with employees. Great sandwiches. Bread made fresh daily. Responsibly priced. Ok.
Easy job with good pay
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Buda, TXOctober 19, 2017
On a regular day i would be either running the front or the drive through. knowing the menu was a must because people would always ask about what was on our sandwiches. Management is friendly and involved in everyday tasks
Kind and productive workplace
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Midlothian, TXOctober 18, 2017
On a typical day at Schlotzsky's, I would put pickles in plastic bags and cook Cinnabons. When the customer stream slowed down, I washed dishes and tables and took out the trash. The workmates and managers are friendly, and the customer service job (my actual job) was a refreshing real-human interaction.
Pros
Reduced meals, family and friend discouont
Cons
No benefits
Fun atmosphere and great coworkers and manager
Crew member/ Catering and Delivery Service Driver (Former Employee) –  Gainesville NW 39th AveOctober 9, 2017
This was a great place to work and to meet new people! I did a lot of catering and delivery set up for parties, business meetings and banquets, so I was able to be very interactive with our customer/clients. I enjoyed it very much!
Pros
Could make tips and had great management
Cons
Business closed down
Room for improvement
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Gonzales, LAOctober 2, 2017
The company had several opportunities that weren't provided. A fast paced work place, little pay and poor management. Business closed shortly after. Needed a better location, and customers often complained about the prices being too high.
fun work place
Customer Service Representative/Cashier (Former Employee) –  La Quinta, CAOctober 2, 2017
It was a great first job for myself. Loved working with ppl, learning new things. Loved the lunch rush. And the snow birds that kept returning to the restaurant.
Productive and fun work place with Customers
Cashier Host/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMSeptember 27, 2017
A typical day at schlotzsky's Deli was when the computers would shut down and took awhile to reboot while I was there. I Learned a lot from Schlotzsky's Deli from Drive-Thru experience - Cashier - Customers Service - Handling Food Property - Stocking - Also Management was Excellent because the customers would love the way we handled different situations. Work Place Culture was Very Well into the Theme of working with Schlotzsky's Deli. The Hardest Part of a Job was when the Computer would automatic shut down during lunch hours. The Most Enjoyable Part of the Job was to have fun and enjoy the work place with the customers and see how happy they are,when they get their food nice and warm and ready to go and the good feedback from our customers
Pros
Very Busy - Hard Working - Dedicateted
Cons
Computer shut down
No Structure, No Confidence in Employees
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, TXSeptember 27, 2017
Not worth it. Underpaid and overworked. No benefits, and management acts as though mistakes are never allowed to be made. Each local one is a franchise, and checks are unable to be cashed on payday, due to owners not making bank deposits.
Great Manager, crook for a GM
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  McAlester, OKSeptember 26, 2017
1 year after opening, to our surprise we found out our General Manager was embezzling money so the store was shut down, very sad it had been a great place to work
Productive, never a dull moment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TX 79912September 19, 2017
we typically get rushes in bunches, some days are slower than others but there's always something to do when it is slow. management is good, we have the owner, GM, and team leaders.
Nice place to work at
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 16, 2017
I learned to keep area clean and to be organized.
I think that there was no hard part of this job, except maybe when there's busy days because you have to be faster, but I feel like everyone working as a team makes it easier.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
There's no breaks
A very fun place to work
ASSISTANT MANAGER / AM PREP PERSON / CASHIER (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXSeptember 13, 2017
I enjoyed working with all the young college students. We had a very great crew, everyone worked great together, helped each other out. It was a great place to work.
Pros
half price meals
Cons
did not offer health insurance
Great first job
Customer Service Representative/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sierra Vista, AZSeptember 12, 2017
If the food industry is not what you see yourself doing past 2-3 years I don't recommend. There is wonderful management, and it's a pretty ok work environment as long as you don't get caught up in gossip.
Fun Workplace for Teens
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, TXSeptember 7, 2017
I was 16 when I started working here. I loved it, especially the food. The location that I worked at gave us free meals and drinks. The customers always had an awful attitude though.
Pros
free lunches, fun environment
Cons
lots of cleaning
Bad management
Cashier/cook/drive-thru/server (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXAugust 30, 2017
It was very dirty , very inconsistent with the hours , all over the place with management, and manager only wanted to hire people if they looked good (said so himself ) and would cuss at employees and talk Behind their back
Pros
Food
Cons
Pros management, no breaks
I enjoyed working for this company.
Baker (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 28, 2017
I enjoyed working with this company..They allowed cross training and I learned all aspects of the business except management. I would recommend this company to work for.
Pros
Fun place to work
Slow-paced, apathetic environment
cashier as well as a kitchen worker (Former Employee) –  San Clemente, CAAugust 25, 2017
Everyone works hard when they have to, but the general environment is one of apathy and, to put it simply, lack of motivation. No one who works there likes it, nor do they ever say anything good.
Pros
Discounted meals
Cons
Everything else