SCHLOTZSKY'S Employee Reviews

Nice environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Belton, TXJanuary 21, 2016
A typical day at work included going to work clocking in then getting right to work. Checking if the chips and cups were stocked and if not refilling them. The management was friendly.
A good job for high school/college students
Kitchen Staff Member (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXJanuary 17, 2016
A good company to work for in school as they are flexible with hours and can pretty much secure you a job forever as long as you don't create problems however there isn't really any room for moving up within the company.
proactive enviorment, great customer service
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 21, 2015
Working here was a great start to how i planned to get on my feet as a young adult but its not a forever job. Management could use more communication skills not only with their staff but fellow management also.
Pros
half off.
Cons
rude staff.
NICE PLACE TO WORK
Sandwich Maker (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXDecember 7, 2015
I WOULD ARRIVE AND START PREPPING THE FOOD FOR THE DAY. SLICING VEGGIES FOR THE SANDWICHES AND SALADS. WEIGHING AND PREPPING THE MEAT. WASHED DISHES AND KEPT AREA CLEAN.
Pros
HALF PRICE MEAL ON A WORK DAY
Cons
SHORT BREAKS, LITTLE HOURS OR SPLIT SHIFTS
fun and fast past
Fast Food Worker (Former Employee) –  Canyon, TXDecember 2, 2015
It was a fun workplace with great employees we would get the job done but we would have a great time doing it that was probably my favorite staff probably because we were all college students and could relate
Pros
free food
Cons
very short breaks
Great place to work and meet new people
Crew (Former Employee) –  Smiths Grove, KYDecember 1, 2015
All employees were very friendly and ready to help each other throughout the day. It was a fast paced environment, which was good for communication skills between workers. Everyone had to be cross trained to ensure that if someone called in then they could be covered for that shift. Learning how to make bread was very fun, even though it could get messy. Managers always jumped in to help when we was very busy.
Alright Job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXNovember 21, 2015
It's a great place to eat love the food. I enjoyed the people that I worked with it was an easy job. I would enjoy working there again as a part-time job.
Fast paced workplace
Crew Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 16, 2015
Very busy and fast paced work environment. Customers would always come back because of the good service. Learned how to operate a cash register and how to operate company equipment.
Great Staff
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMNovember 15, 2015
Schlotzsky's was overall the coolest job. Interacting with regulars and bonding with the regulars was exciting. To feel the love of making someones day was the most enjoyable part of the day. The hardest part of the job was messing up a sandwich or giving the wrong order. But the more practice and patients, I learned I'll make it through the day. I learned to listen to every detail. Management and co-workers were like family always supportive.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Dishes
An average place a business that lacks a great deal of incentives but has friendly hardworking employees.
Kitchen Staff (Current Employee) –  Athens, GANovember 4, 2015
Average place to work with good workers. Company has a very cut corners attitude so it can be frustrating at times. Fixed schedules, with a lack of staff who only have fixed knowledge which makes it difficult to acquire personal time.
Pros
Half-Off on meals
Cons
No extra benefits
Good food, great environment
Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Oconomowoc, WISeptember 15, 2015
I really enjoyed working here. Management wasn't great, but overall they worked with my busy school schedule. The food is very fresh and things were kept organized. The prices were a little steep though.
busy place but a fun environment to work with great co workers
meat cutter (Current Employee) –  Midland TexasSeptember 2, 2015
I absolutely love working there but I wish they payed me more then what I really work for and I love how there making the new remodel of the place
Pros
free drinks
Cons
tucking in shirts
Productive work pace with friendly coworkers
Kitchen and counter help (Former Employee) –  Brownwood, TxAugust 30, 2015
Was an overall successful day. Learned knew things on the cashier when needed. Had regular customers that would make your busy days worth it. Also had a fun and motivating crew.
Cons
when others didn't want to work it made the day a lot longer for the others.
great work place
Cashier/Kitchen (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXAugust 15, 2015
Every day that I come into work we'd get pretty busy especially since I work right next to IH 35. I've learned a lot since I started this job, when I first began I was very shy and now I'm more outgoing then when I first started a year ago. I was first trained on working the register, then they moved me into the kitchen. The manager is very nice, she's a hard worker, and knows how to get the job done. The people I work with are all very loving, and easily able to get along with. They all helped me to feel more comfortable in starting my first job. The most enjoyable part of the job to me is; speaking to the customers. There are some regulars that I really get along with and love seeing when they come to grab a bite.
Pros
customers, co-workers, enviornment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Madison, MSAugust 3, 2015
Everything, except for a few select managers, there were great. It's a great place to work and great team. This was a great workplace.
It was a good place to work everyone was friendly and the boss was a nice guy.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Marshall, MIJuly 30, 2015
I really enjoyed the time i worked at Schlotzskys on both occasions the people were always friendly and my managers were always down to earth people that were understanding. I also enjoyed getting to relate and interact with the customers, I found people's choices or odd food quirks interesting. That and owning my own restaurant and cooking there is my dream.
Pros
Free lunches and cooking
Relaxing
Sandwich Artist/Cashier (Current Employee) –  georgiaJune 20, 2015
i like working there. the people are pretty nice and my boss is very good as well. typical day is pretty good we have rush hours were our pace has to pick up but nothing unusual.
Very poor management.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Cedar Hill, TXMay 21, 2015
It was a great place to work at first then the managers started showing way too much favoritism and made others, like myself do all of the work at the end of a work day.
Cons
Productive enviornment, contstant flow of work
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Englewood, NJMay 4, 2015
I liked the company, wish it would've remained open. Taught me a lot about management and shift leading and being in charge of things.
Pros
Great experience
Cons
Cannot think of any
great place
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, TXMarch 31, 2015
It's a fun challenging job that gives you lots of room for improvement and advancement as long as you are willing to put forth the efforts