SCHLOTZSKY'S

SCHLOTZSKY'S Employer Reviews

A fast pace place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKMarch 3, 2015
I was a nice pleasant place to work people were friendly and were nice.Was a place that if you liked to meet people to work at.
Schlotzskys tought me time managment.
Cashier/Food Prep (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: free food products
Cons: no health care, couldn't get more then 30 hrs a week.
Schlotzskys was one of the hardest food preparation restaurants I have ever had the privilege to work for. They taught me to keep everything on a schedule it makes everything run so much smother when your team and your self work together to get things accomplished.
fun workplace
Cashier/Front End (Former Employee), Cedar Park, TXFebruary 9, 2015
Taught me how to me clean and keep a clean workspace. Showed me how to deal with upset customers and how to make them happy, Taught me more organizational skills and time management.
Nice people to work with and Nice eviornment.
Baker (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJanuary 22, 2015
Bake batches according to the needs shown on daily PAR/BAKE ORDER sheets.
Consistently produce a high quality bakery product
Be extremely accurate with weights and measurements for all recipe items.
Keep workstation clean at all times.
Keep Freezer product in order and sealed after each use.
Properly clean all dishes and pans throughout shift. (MINIMUM 30 PANS PER DAY)
Assist managers in determining current and needed bread levels and bake sequence.
Strictly adhere to all safety and health code requirements for the bakery including all OSHA and SERVSAFE guidelines.
Complete all baking assignments in a timely manner
One of the Best companies to work for
Baker (Current Employee), Austin, TexasJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: 50% off on break or after shift, 30% off before work or on off days, 401k program immediately, health care benefits after 6 months.
Cons: long hours (sometimes a good thing)
As THE Baker, I am left alone the majority of the time. I get to listen to my own music, pretty loudly even. If you must be social, or the center of attention, don't apply for this position.
They had me train at another store at first, but I have common sense and good attention to detail, so they let me skip some training and put me to work on my own even before the first week was over.
Training is important to the company. So is keeping their employees happy.
If you don't like to WORK don't apply for Schlotzky's. It's a lot of work, but pay is worth it.
It's food service, if they make you take a break, good for you, don't complain if it's a short break, the more time on the clock, the more money you make.
Flexible Hours
General Manager (Former Employee), Lubbock, TXJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: no benifits
This is a typical fast food restaurant. Busy lunch hour, lots of cleaning, minimum wage positions.
fair
Manager (Former Employee), Universal City, TXDecember 16, 2014
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: hours
• Enforce rules and regulations to maintain discipline and ensure safety.
• Manage the daily operations.
• Supervise and coordinate the work activities of personnel, such as training staff members and assigning work duties.
• Receive payment by cash, credit cards, or automatic debits.
• Assist customers by providing information and resolving their complaints.
• Count money in cash drawers at the beginning of shifts to ensure that amounts are correct and that there is adequate change.
• Manage inventory and order supplies/food according to store needs.
• Provide superior customer service.
• Managed the San Pedro and River Center stores.
Productive environment but horrible management.
cashier (Former Employee), Kerrville, TXDecember 10, 2014
Pros: productive, room to grow
Cons: unfair employee treatment, short lunch breaks
The management was never on the same page, and employees were bullied. Food was given out to friends of the general manager yet employees only received a 30% discount.
Productive and Fun enviorment to Work
Team Member (Former Employee), Pantego TXOctober 5, 2014
Pros: sweet workers
Cons: paid for lunches
I would have to say that working at Schlotzskys would be an overall experience rated at an 8. I loved the people I worked with but most of all I loved the location :) The managers were sweet and never had a a problem wiith my customers
productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Terrell, TXSeptember 9, 2014
It was fun to work there I learned a lot. There was a time you could cut up and have fun and then you knew went to be serious.
nice workplace
Cashier/Food Preparation (Former Employee), Killeen, TXAugust 31, 2014
Pros: dicounted lunch
Cons: short breaks
The time I spent working there was good and I wish the time was a little longer.
Steady job, keep you on your toes, overall good place to work
CASHIER/COOK (Former Employee), oklahoma city, okJuly 29, 2014
Pros: friendly and helpful staff
Cons: picking up others slack
A typical day at work at Schlotzsky's would be a very busy with it being a popular restaurant in the Oklahoma area. The staff would open and set up all stations as usual, and help other co-workers prepare for the day. I've learned that working in a fast-food restaurant that you'll have to work as a team. Trying to move ahead or lacking behind can cause great confusion, and that right there could lead to the hardest part of the job. In which the hardest part of the job could be letting down your customers; no one likes being told that their order was wrong or to wait a while longer. Overall, Schlotzsky's has welcoming environment. It's a fun place to work, especially for teenagers looking for work outside of school.
Not Many Customers
Sales and Marketing Associate (Former Employee), 4600 City Line AveJuly 11, 2014
-Typical day was long and strenuous with little pay for a lot of hard work and activity.
-Co-workers were nice
-Management was horrible and did not know how to do job
-Hardest part of job was standing all day in hot kitchen and doing too much labored, dangerous activity
-Most enjoyable part was baking goods and helping customers.
Great career, not great hours.
Various management positions (Current Employee), Austin, TXJuly 10, 2014
Pros: free lunch for management, great work atmosphere and lots of mentoring and help.
Cons: long hours and sporatic shifts. breaks are quick.
I loved this job, but the hours are not desirable for someone with daycare needs. The hours are a minimum of 50 a week and anywhere from 5am to 11pm. Loved everything else about this job though.
Great Food, But Went Out Of Business
CASHIER/FOOD PREP (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJune 19, 2014
Cons: no healthcare
Even though they went out of business, they had some pretty good food. I just wish it was in an area with less competition. Schlotzsky's was right next to Boston Market and Saladworks.
Flexible scheduling
Cashier (Former Employee), Kerrville, TXJune 4, 2014
Pros: free lunches.
Cons: down time between rush hours.
Easy job, taking orders, delivering food, cleaning up afterward.
Fast and fun sometimes stressful work place
Team Leader (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZMay 5, 2014
Pros: 50% meals
Cons: short breaks, healthcare and short handed at work.
I would help my co workers with getting them items that they needed, took orders from customers, and handed out food to tables. I have trained to open, and I closed the store. I would count money and take money to the bank. I had great times working with my co workers and my general manager. I love talking with customers and making the feel like they are at home. That's probably one of the most enjoyable parts of the job. The hardest part was working nights all the time.Even though I had trained for mornings. I have learned a lot and felt like I have grown into a better person. I would put the sales packet together and place produce orders. I would also help with putting the orders away.
Schlotzsky's catering
Catering Rep (Former Employee), Rio Rancho, NMApril 28, 2014
I loved my job at Schlotzsky's! I loved everything about it! Fun, a challenge, sales, exciting... I loved clocking in then gone for the day to get orders! I loved the freedom my manager gave me. We had a great trust and I enjoyed it! I loved the team. I left this position because I moved out of state.
good worplace for highschool students
Manager (Former Employee), Placerville, CAMarch 29, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: not enough pay or hours
A typical day at Schlotzsky's would consist of running around like a chicken with your head cut off. Between making food, placing orders, taking inventory, making sure the customer was happy, sending out food on time and ensuring that we didn't run out of any ingredients made a very busy work place. The hardest part of the job was the customers that you just could not make happy no matter what. the best part of the job was working with the customers and my co-workers.
overall productive and fast paced
Food Service Worker (Current Employee), Schertz, TXJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: discount meal per shift, new uniform every seasonal promotion
Cons: no free meal per shift, not very flexible hours between daytime and night time, cross training takes forever
a typical day shift at work consists of food prep for the kitchen and cashier crew,baking for bakers and the busiest part of the day during lunch time. the night time has its busy times but the daytime and nighttime are very much different with having to do with more clean up at the end of the night for the next day of business and in overall business throughout the week and so on.
One of the most important things i have learned is that team work means alot as well as having the power to do things independently and be expected to do your share of work.
Management affects partially the overall outcome,the amount of business and income we can handle between business hours,customers patience and our quality and speed of the product that is bought by the customer. So a manager could easily make it that much easier by helping their employees and give positive direction rather than not help at all or less and cause friction because help was not properly provided.
My co-workers for the most part know what they are doing but are still faced with challenges such as other co-workers who care very little or not at all and are not passionate about the job but somehow managed not to move on to a more desirable job.also another various challenges that occurred with co-workers such as not being able to differentiate between what they have going on outside of work vs whats going on inside of work.
The hardest things about my job was knowing that if i wanted something done right while i saw someone do it wrong for the 100th time i had to either fix it myself or have someone else who knows how to address the problem with the appropriate solution.
the most enjoyable parts were realizing that i manage to work my first job this long,i developed friendships,i have had a increase in my skills of simple cleaning and focused more on the things i need rather than the things i want to be more successful and have A better lifestyle.

SCHLOTZSKY'S Salaries