Schlumberger Employee Reviews

Found 1,363 reviews matching the search
Lead Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Conway, ARDecember 5, 2016
I enjoyed being able to talk to people and giving people direction on where they were going for their job locations. I enjoyed helping and learning the administrative side of how the business worked.
Account Receivables
OPERATIONS SUPPORT TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXNovember 30, 2016
I learned how to Audit tickets with different materials. There was also opportunity to learn how to audit frackin tickets.
Pros
Work out gym
Cons
No heads up on job ending
Good Company.
Directional Drilling Supervisor (Current Employee) –  West, TXNovember 25, 2016
Shared holder minded. Contractor friendly. Top heavy in management. Employee core values diminishing. Experience not valued. Shareholders love them.
Very nice company to work for.
PCM Operator (Former Employee) –  Von Ormy, TXNovember 21, 2016
A good company to work for. Just need Management to keep his words on what was agree on. Apply to move around in the company and was not doing what was agree.
Summary
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, SDNovember 21, 2016
My time at Schlumberger was an experience to say the least. I wish I would have moved to certain roles sooner. The progression to other roles was not up to the employee as much as I feel it should have been.
Work Hard, Play Hard
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 21, 2016
If you are looking for something different, Schlumberger can offer that to you. Over my 32 year career, I working in several different type positions and locations all over the United States and Canada.
was a great job
truck driver (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 18, 2016
loved it until I got laid off. great job great bennifits and great co-workers/management. hated the time way from home but its oil field what do you expect
Pros
benifits and pay
Cons
away from home
North America Land Asset Manager
North America Land Asset Manager (Current Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXNovember 17, 2016
Very solid company to work for and has great training for those that need or want additional training. If you have the drive then SLB will not hold you back.
It is a positive place to work
Assembler Tech ll (Former Employee) –  Princeton Junction, NJNovember 16, 2016
If I have to do it all over again, I will love to go back.
Schlumberger is a Oil field technology company. They closely work
with the field operators by supplying detectors to detector oil on the field.
Lots of field work
LEAD OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Von Ormy, TXNovember 14, 2016
Your are not an employee just a number. The managers just want their bonuses and for you not to get hurt in that order. For a brief period if you got injured you knew there was not a job when you were done.
Schlumberger
o Electronics Technician Level II PowerDrive (Current Employee) –  Henderson, CONovember 11, 2016
Schlumberger is a company.

You start at about 8AM and work anywhere between an eight to sixteen hour day.

My co-workers and benefits are the only thing that is really keeping me here.
Great benefits, great people, work hard
Administrative Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKNovember 11, 2016
Great benefits, great people to work with, pretty responsive management. You do have to work hard though...the work life balance tips in favor of work. There is an expectation that the job WILL get done, and if you have to stay late to do it, you stay late. It does have a very strong safety culture, though, so if the job needs to be stopped for any reason, every employee feels they can do that, should do that, and will have management backup. It is an oilfield services company, though, so the vagaries of the oil business can hit the service providers hard, and SLB is no exception. It can be hard work, but totally worth it.
Pros
Good co-workers, great benefits
Cons
Can and probably will have lots of overtime
A great workplace
Artificial Lift Technician (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXNovember 11, 2016
Pros
great organization with incredible benefits; employees tend to stay forever; great for entry-level but also if they recruit you mid-career you are among the brightest and best.
after 18 months in current role you are offered a chance to transfer to other roles

Cons
They tend to relocate you often
Strong technical company
Geologist (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 9, 2016
SLB is a strong technical company with many opportunities to learn and advance. You can take as much responsibility as you can handle. Relocating to advance will help career.
Management is opaque and does not communicate well with technical staff. Layoffs can seem arbitrary and unpredictable.
Pros
Good flexibility
Cons
Swift cuts to workforce in downturn
A very excellent company.
Field Specialist (Former Employee) –  Al KhobarNovember 8, 2016
The best of the best where everything you need you will get.

In addition you will best accommodations and the best service's anywhere you go with the company.
engineering tech
Technician (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LANovember 1, 2016
Working in the oilfield has provided me and my family a decent life unfourtunately it came to an with the non support of energy prices in the U.S.
My Opinion
Treasury Analyst (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 31, 2016
I would like to see better hands on training and upward mobility based on merit and work ethic and not just who you may know or am comfortable with. I am very grateful for the opportunity but I would like to see all department matter and not just revenue generated departments.
Pros
Great Culture and Environment
Cons
get stuck in one position, better training and not trial by fire
Productive and fun place to work
Electronic Technician/ Maintenance supervisor (Current Employee) –  Brookville, PAOctober 28, 2016
Enjoy working there. Great people to work with. Very large and growing company. I am very appreciative of the opportunities and all of the knowledge I can take from there.
New to the oilfield
Truck Driver / Bulk Plant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sheridan, WYOctober 28, 2016
I was hired as an Equipment Operator, after returning from school, I was asked to handle the daily operations of the Bulk Plant and was sent to Worland,WY to learn the SAP system for ordering the chemicals and dry cement for mixture of the products used in the field, I was responsible for 2 facility's during my tenure
Pros
Awards for inventory accuracy
Cons
Just another greedy corporate entity.
IT Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 28, 2016
Great company to work for when times are good as soon as they start looking down, they cut 50% of the workforce and then try to hire them back when things pick up.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Schlumberger. Our community is ready to answer.