Schneck Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

Love Schneck
CNA/ Office Support Assistant (Current Employee) –  Seymour, INSeptember 21, 2015
Due to being put On Call a lot I'm not always promised my hours every week that I'm needed to support my family. I work night shift and never get to see my family during the day or at night when I do work.
Pros
Great work place!
Cons
Not getting my hours. Being put on Call alot.
Would not recommend
RN (Former Employee) –  Seymour, INSeptember 20, 2015
Pay is not comparable to other surrounding hospitals. Nurses do not have voice as they should considering they are a Magnet nursing hospital. They do what looks good on paper.
Magnet Recognized Hospital
Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Seymour, INAugust 21, 2015
We're a Magnet Hospital . Great Hospital to work at with exceptional employees. Everyone works as a team. Great benefits and Health Insurance.
Pros
Great Staff
Cons
Very honest and reliable with excellent office skills and customer service. Very good at research.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Seymour, INMay 28, 2015
Extensive customer service skills, public speaking, Administrative Assistant with up to date computer skills. Also certified in Phlebotomy and EKG. I was a city letter carrier for the Postal Service for 16 years and am very reliable and honest. Good work ethics.
Pros
work relationships
Cons
long commutes
Great place to work great people
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Seymour, INMay 21, 2015
this is one of the greatest jobs I ever had you get to help people and your coworkers are all so friendly benefits are wonderful. The only down side is the same with any medical field when you had to the sad things of life.
Pros
help people
Cons
had to deal with sad things
A great place to work!
Radiology Assistant (Former Employee) –  Seymour, INOctober 14, 2014
Schneck truly embodied the ideal of "every patient, every time". I loved working there!
Too many women
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Seymour, INOctober 27, 2013
This hospital was small, and it was ALL women pharmacy technicians. There was too much estrogen for that pharmacy to handle. The "lead" technician decided who was to be liked and who was not to be & everyone followed her.

I switched shift to evening 3-11p instead of days, and allllll the high school drama went away. I love working just me & the pharmacist when I got that shift.

Management was horrible. The boss we had was too scared to discipline or write up people, or even fire people for the things they were saying & doing. He was like a scared dove who didn't know where to go. People walked all over him. I followed what he said despite what others did. My coworkers are not MY boss!!
Pros
free lunches, calm atmotsphere on evening shift
Cons
high school drama from the women, incompetent boss
Excellent place to work
Physical Therapy Tech (Current Employee) –  Seymour, INOctober 15, 2013
Each and every person is kind, compassionate, friendly and caring. Environment is very welcoming. Patient first every time
Everyone was a joy to work with
PBX Switchboard Operator/ER Registration (Former Employee) –  Seymour, INSeptember 15, 2013
Answered every call that came into the medical center. Paged Medical Staff and Physicians for any emergency call and connected to the appropiate location. Paged over the intercom and on pages ALL CODES that were appropiate at the time of the emergency. Maintained Physical Call List. Monitored Fire and Smoke Alarms. Co workers absolutely TEAM MEMBERS. We all worked well together. Director was very understanding and caring. Teach each call as an emergency all, never judge.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
working all weekends
no advancement
Floor Maintance (Former Employee) –  Seymour, INSeptember 7, 2013
Floor care strip and wax all floors and clean carpets. Cleaned patients. Moved furniture. Use high speed buffer. Use large steam cleaner to clean carpets. Disposed hazard waste.
Pros
nice clean hospital to work with frendly people
Cons
could not get off 2nd shift

Want to know more about Schneck Medical Center?

Ask a question
I enjoyed doing my clinical at Scheck Medical Center
Clinical (Current Employee) –  Seymour,INAugust 28, 2013
I was assigned to Schneck Medical Center to do both of my clinicals in EKG and Phlebotomy. I really enjoyed and loved working with your employees and staff! I had a wonderful experience while doing my clinical at Schneck and would like to make Schneck a permanent place of employment for me.
Very educational
CNA/UNIT CLERK (Former Employee) –  Seymour, INApril 19, 2013
I worked as a CNA/ Unit Clerk and in this job I met a lot of interesting patients. I preformed one on one patient care as well as worked at the desk checking patients in and out and entering doctor's orders into the computer. I worked with great staff and learned a lot of my medical knowledge here at Schneck Medical Center.
The hardest part of this job was losing patients that I got close to.
The best part of this job was meeting people and learning from them .
Pros
great place to work
Cons
expensive insurance
Great workplace with friendly staff
Rehab Tech (Current Employee) –  Seymour, INMarch 18, 2013
Great workplace. Friendly staff who love what they do and sincerely care about each person who walks through the door.
Not horrible
Surgical Tech (Former Employee) –  Seymour, INMarch 4, 2012
Overall this is not a bad place to work. I did enjoy the position.

4.2