Schneider-Electric Employee Reviews

Fun atmosphere
Intern (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJanuary 28, 2016
Management was phenomenal. Everyone there was very helpful (which was great considering I was an intern). Overall a great environment.
Turbomachinery Consultant Engineer (Former Employee) –  Webster TXOctober 25, 2015
Typically, I started at 5:30 AM. Reviewed all communications received during night, sent relevant information/reports out. Looked at my todo list and changed if necessary due to received data/information. Started on priority projects till morning meeting at 8 AM. took 15 minute break at 9 AM, Continued on projects including checking with my team to see what issues or gains they had made, checked with design on cad issues if any. Inspected cabinets on factory floor if new ones have arrived with the relevant engineer to see what they had found and if there were issues. Continued on my projects and checked on my subordinates work. Lunch at 11:30. Team meeting at 1 PM. Checked my todo list and made changes where necessary including additions. Worked till4 PM then met with Manager for updates. Unless I was traveling the next day, sent reports and assessments out to those required. Final check of emails left at 5 PM.
Pros
Overtime when projects required (Additional Straight time)
Cons
Lack of support personel
Good Fun work site and culture
Sr. Drafter/Designer (Former Employee) –  Foxborough, MAJuly 22, 2015
My work was enjoyable and challenging. The people I worked with were smart and knowledgeable and I learn new things all the time. The hardest part was leaving 2 weeks ago because of reduction in work force.
Pros
Fun Site
Cons
PTO time limits
Review
Software Developer/ Cyber Security Contractor (Current Employee) –  nashville,tnDecember 27, 2014
Developed .Net application for them. Work life was fine. thats is all i have.
Pros
na
Cons
na
A fine company
Consultant II (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 2, 2014
Seemed to have a lot of 1099 employees. No bench time.

Competitive pay. Expect long hours on big projects.
Very High Pace
Principal Software Development Engineer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 24, 2014
3 month PSI cycle that includes a BETA and Audit before release. Release every PSI. 2 week sprints. Hot fixes supported for previous releases also.
Pros
work from home
Cons
too many releases
fun exiting workplace
Contract Engineer (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, TNJune 30, 2014
great place to start off and learn. good people to show you how industry works.
Pros
great people to work with.
Cons
no advancement/ disconect between management and workers
At Schneider-Electric projects are interesting and challenging and local management is highly supportive.
SQA Test Engineer (Current Employee) –  North Andover, MAApril 12, 2014
At Schneider-Electric projects are interesting and challenging. Local management and co-workers are highly supportive.
Pros
free and numerous types of keurig coffee and tea.
Cons
part of a global conglomerate that shapes a lot of the policies
Productive work, good place to work.
EH&Safety Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chino, CaliforniaFebruary 6, 2014
Overall good place to work. Managers and co-workers are very good to work with. Schneider takes careof their employees.
Technical Development Program
Technical Support Engineer I (Current Employee) –  West Kingston, RIMarch 28, 2013
The job is rather typical of a call center. You spend all day taking calls from the queue and helping out customers as they come along. A lot of the job is really just keeping constant contact with customers and other employees.

It can be high stress and low reward, but most of the people you work with are very enjoyable. The job is not an amazing gig by any means, but it is definitely made up for by the people in the office.

My only issue with the job is that they advertise it as a technical development program. There is little to no actual development for people in the tech role unless you plan on becoming an manager or want to stay in the phone support role. This is not the place to be if you are looking for a good place to get your feet wet as an engineer.
Pros
co-workers are enjoyable
Cons
no actual career development. they don't seem to want you to migrate outside of the call center.
Great place to work, love the people & the business.
Director of Engineering - CPE Special projects (Current Employee) –  Clovis, CAOctober 1, 2012
- My experience is over a 20 year period and Pelco to Schneider-Electric change has been extremely exciting w/ grand challanges.

We have had many wins in the last 20 years and the business perspective has changed w/ many challenges to meet, learn from and grow.

The customer base has changed in many ways and the customer still requires product quality, reliability, delivery on time, w/ a cost value added, in the form of support and price.
Pros
its been a learning experience on a grand scale.
Cons
reduction in workforce, due to many changes in direction or goals.