Schneider Electric Employee Reviews in United States

Schneider Electric was a fun and productive work environment that encouraged employee development and work / life balance
Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 15, 2016
A day for a Manufacturing Engineer at Schneider involved engaging production employees concerning possible equipment issues / improvements, then discussing possible solutions and feasibility of implementation with team members.
Time would be spent identifying productivity improvements through through Lean 6 Sigma techniques, and preparing for implementation.
Collaboration with Engineering team / Quality and Safety occurred throughout the day.
Ping pong, of course, could break out at any moment.
Pros
Great co-workers, superb benefits
Excellent Global Energy company.
SENIOR COMMODITY LEADER (Current Employee) –  PhilippinesJune 15, 2016
Schndeider Electric, Philippines is a excellent company,

A Global Energy Management company that produces UPS ( Uninterupted Power Supply, we have around 10 KPI's to achieve with high targets,

I learned on Oracle system on price maintenance, and conduct price negotiation on our vendor every quarter.
Pros
with free meal stub, transportation allowances
Cons
everyday is overtime but diffficulty in going without any car
People willing to help and share work experience
Strategic Sourcing Intern (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 1, 2016
A typical day starts with coworkers greeting each other and continuing to be productive. I was helped on how to deal with subcontractors and working on my part of major projects. Management was easy to work with and helped create a positive work environment. My co-workers were great people who helped each other out and made it all about the team's success. The hardest part would be the language barrier that would happen with over-sea offices but that was also the most enjoyable part as well was being part of a global organization.
Lack of corporate leadership
Terriroty Sales Manager - Caribbean (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 13, 2016
Leaders are driving this company with uncertainty. They pass it down through the entire organization. Constant changes lead to uncertainty. First week of being hired, my position changed 3 times.
Pros
They are the leading experts in energy management. Their energy university is second to none.
Cons
Change of direction every 2 weeks. HR strategy is not aligned with the corporate strategy.
Great place with great benefits
Computer Programmer/trainer (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, TXMay 2, 2016
My hours are from 8:30 to 5:30. I would log into the phone system. Train and assist new employees. When I had a chance I would work on programming with SQL for Oracle. Work on visual basic scripts for customers. Update DOS scripts for Oracle backups. Fix or stage servers with Oracle. I always get along with my coworkers. I enjoy the feeling of my coworkers asking me for help and it always gives me a sense of accomplishment. I love to train new employees.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Management not around enough
Regret spending my 5 years at this company
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILJune 16, 2016
If you ever receive a call from recruitment from this company hang up and don't waste your time.
There is no life work balance. They are targeting college students only. No advancement unless you come through the university recruitment program.
You will be stuck at the same position for years with very low salary increase.
Pros
Can't think of any
Cons
I mostly enjoyed my time at Schneider Electric. I worked in many different areas and learned a great deal.
Crib Attendant, Processor, Dock Worker (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOMay 19, 2016
Most days were very busy no matter what department I was working in. Some were more demanding than others. I learned how to do everything from welding and assembling parts to ordering and shipping items to customers. I enjoyed learning new things and being able to move around.
My Typical Day
Sales Engineer (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 13, 2016
My typical day consists of retaining, acquiring, and developing distributor and contractor relationships to help drive more revenue for the company. In order to succeed at this I must be able to analyze customer pain points and solve difficult problems in a short time frame. Along with solving pain points I must cultivate customer relationships into repeat business for the company.
Pros
Unlimited Product Training
Changing Culture
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJune 11, 2016
Company has grown through acquisition with challenges integrating to those acquisitions.

Seems to be a culture of getting rid of older employees with higher salaries.

Co-workers are great even though there seems to be some mid-level management people that are in over their heads.
Pros
Good benefit package
Cons
Overall moral seems quite low
Very professional warehouse and facility for employees. Very safe and clean.
Medium Electrical Industrial Mechanical Builder (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCMarch 16, 2016
Everyday was a different day. Work building the same type units was stressful, but Schneider Electric really takes care of their employees with incentives and rewards for reaching goals. Every day their is a quota to meet for contracts on the number of units being shipped.
Pros
They have their own cafe.
Good company, very innovative
QA and Project Management Responsibilities (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 9, 2016
strong management team
innovative
always on the lookout for new technologies
encourage and empower women
leader in the energy management and automation space
Pros
corrective and innovative and aggressive
Cons
very slow to act upon decisions, too many re-structuring moves
Highly Innovative Company
Sr. Technical Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAMay 26, 2016
Innovative company in the field of electrical equipment and advance controls software with a focus on operational efficiency.
Pros
Global reach with top notch customer relationships.
Cons
Multiple sales divisions for various historic product lines in overlapping territories.
Good Place to work
Sr. Application Engineer (Current Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAJune 5, 2016
I recommended Schneider Electric to my friends. The have good on the job training programs. Sales/BDS have strong position within the company. Most of the projects are undersold for on-site commissioning.
Pros
Friendly Environment.
Cons
No salary increase for the lase three years.
A Good Place to Work
Field Representative/Application Engineer (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJuly 7, 2016
SE is a good place to work esp if can travel. Which is why I'm looking at other opportunities. Mgt is your typical type with my co-workers being the exciting part of my job. Again, the travel is not something I want to do with the frequency I'm doing now.
Great People to work with
FIELD SERVICE TECHNICIAN SCHNEIDER ELECTRIC (Current Employee) –  West Chester, OHFebruary 8, 2016
Schneider is a great place to hone in on skills as well as learn new ones. I have learned the ins and outs of low and medium voltage switchgear, breakers, and electric in general. The people in my opinion are the best at what they do. A typical day is never typical since its a services department. we never build the same thing day in and day out. everything is engineered to order. The only downside of working for such a large company is the hiring process, I've been an ideal worker that has had success and many compliments and the promise of being hired on full time, but if numbers do not dictate head count no one gets hired.
Pros
Always something New
Cons
Hiring
Very slow paced environment
Employee (Current Employee) –  Lake Forest, CAApril 23, 2016
I have a great boss but the overall management is pretty loose and doesn't give accountability to employees. Everything has to go through one person which slows everything down in the company. Things take weeks to months to get completed. That is the culture there as well now.
Productive and enjoyable
Builder (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAMarch 23, 2016
~Standing for 8 hours in one place but enjoying your time not to fall behind.
~Keeping your work area clean and neat so you wont loose parts.
~The hardest part is when your working so hard and you find out that your carea isn't woring so you have to start over.
~I enjoy every moment of working
Pros
LUNCHS
Cons
10 MINUTES BREAKS
fun workplace
System Technician Specialist (Former Employee) –  Puerto Nuevo, PRMarch 12, 2016
tools , materials needed were always the need for employee . the office environment was friendly , the meetings were open to all and things to improve were expressed . always we had a scope of work and towards the impossible to meet the targets . very good and fair benefits .
Pros
friendly place.
Cons
closed branch
Very laid back, nice people
Power Systems Engineering - Intern (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYJuly 6, 2016
Good environment. There are some busy periods and "lull" periods of work sometimes, but it's overall very low-stress.
Pros
no micro-managing, if you do your job everyone seems to be happy
Cons
Sometimes there isn't much work to go around
Good Place to Start Your Career
Energy Incentive Analyst (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 30, 2016
Schneider Electric has been a very valuable place to start my career in the sustainability and energy industry. Pros include good work/life balance, good health benefits, positive working environment, flexible schedules. Cons would be lower than average industry wages, moving up in the company can be difficult, and management is not very organized.