Schneider Electric

hardest part is lifting
great people
good benifits
good pay
Good workplace with plenty of opportunity for growth.
Assembler Technician (Current Employee), Smyrna, TNDecember 4, 2014
Pros: good pay, steady work pace, time consuming
Cons: short breaks, excessive mandatory over time, little time to balance personal life
Friendly, welcoming co-workers. I learned what it is to be mechanically inclined. The hardest part of the job is making a mistake that could take a while to fix. Love the job. Never anticipated when it was time to go home.
Highly flexible managers, great work/life balance, great benefit plan
Instructional Designer (Current Employee), Knightdale, NCDecember 4, 2014
Pros: on site wellness center and cafeteria, plug in stations for electric vehicles
Cons: rush jobs, subject matter experts that teach and travel can be hard to reach
Of course, as I hear from many other Instructional Designers, the typical daily experience consisted of "we are ready launch (product/process) we need training." "Can you get this done in a week or so?" This happens at Schneider Electric too, but when it happens, you typically get subject matter experts that pull up their sleeves with you and dig in.

Projects – more... varied between soft skills training, process training to highly technical product training. All the subject matter experts, especially, the highly technical ones, were completely patient and understanding when explaining difficult material. I learned so much! – less
Global Energy Management Company with a Mission
Vice President, Human Resources (Current Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 23, 2014
Pros: collaboration, team, company mission, opportunities
Cons: complexity
Making energy safe, efficient, productive, and green. Management vision is ambitious in a very dynamic and competitive space. High value for developing talent through transversal job assignments. Competitive but collaborative environment with good work/life balance. Strong relationship culture can slow decision-making until consensus can be developed.
Work and Project Demands are first order of business
Principal Consultant / Quality Oversight (Former Employee), Houston, TXNovember 19, 2014
Pros: good people in each location to work with
Cons: long working ours when on site for projects.
Company was previously Invensys and it was purchased by Schneider Electric in January of 2014.
Several changes occurred which do not allow me to provide an adequate assessment of Schneider Electric.
Started out as fun place to work, but managment became stricter every year
Assembly Associate (Former Employee), Columbia, SCNovember 19, 2014
Pros: lots of overtime
Cons: short breaks, hot in the summer and cold in the winter
Started out as fun place to work, but managment became stricter every year
great place to work, great benefits too
Panel and Structure wirer, Warehouse Technician (Former Employee), Oxford, OhioNovember 18, 2014
Pros: very challenging work
Cons: waiting on parts way too often
loved my job, it was very challenging. Management could have been better about getting parts but co-workers were very patient and we worked well together
love management
management (Former Employee), Columbia, SCNovember 18, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks
Train fellow employees. Maintain professional, greet customers, handle feedback and concern of the customers. The hardest part of the job was handling the customers that was dishinest and trying to get over
Gained great experience with the guys on site
Technican (Current Employee), Fort Detrick, MDNovember 17, 2014
Observing all systems for quality building control. I've been blessed to have the opportunity to work beside and learn form the best in the business. Management was tough and fun all in one.
Unorganized, hard to keep up
Finance Advanced Development Program (Current Employee), Columbia, MONovember 16, 2014
Great benefits. Overall, lack of consistence across systems and process.
Productive Place
CUSTOMER SERVICE COORDINATOR (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZNovember 15, 2014
Pros: room for growth
Cons: average pay salary
This company has lots of room for promotions, there are positions in many areas that you can move or grow into within this organization. I began as a temp to fill the Receptionist position, promoted to Administrative Assistant and onto Customer service. I worked with some of the funniest people. Who would have thought engineers were funny! I learned – more... so much from this team, I have two people both female and male that I consider my mentors.

What I've learned, If you put the time and effort into yourself and wish to excel in what you do. So will others and they will help give you a hand up. I was always told: "By sharing your knowledge, you simply allow yourself to go climb up the ladder and make room for the next person".

I chose to leave this company to move onto a different position for an increase in salary. In the long run it paid off, however, I believe that I could have had a longstanding career with this company. – less
Nice mix
Engineering Intern (Former Employee), Secaucus, NJNovember 11, 2014
This company provides a good balance of office work and field work.
A great learning experience
Supply Chain Manager (Current Employee), Clovis, CANovember 11, 2014
It is a great company to work for and learn. Lot of opportunities and promotes mobility.
Free food
intern (Former Employee), louisvilleNovember 3, 2014
Pros: free snacks
Cons: time off
loved the work/life balance
great job security
wonderful work environment
free coffee and snacks
I was a great experience
Wire Technician ( Square D ) (Former Employee), El Paso, TXOctober 27, 2014
Pros: located indoors.
Cons: working in micromanaging setting
I was able to attach the title of Wire Technician to my resume. Although not really having experience in Panel assembly I was some what trained in assembling them. setting.
Good work life balance. A nice work culture
R&D Intern (Former Employee), Andover, MAOctober 24, 2014
- Good work life balance. A nice work culture
- Experienced senior peers - Good opportunity to learn
- Good job security
Integrating with a new company
Facilities Administrator (Current Employee), Houston, TXOctober 22, 2014
My former company was aquired by Schneider Electric this past year. In the short time I have been with them, I have enjoyed the integration. They are very communicative with the employees and we feel informed.
A cool place to work for.
Electrical Assembler Technician (Current Employee), Foxborough, MAOctober 20, 2014
Pros: free hot tea, coffee and mil.
A typical day would be reading blue print and start assembling the
cabinet..I learned many new skills that are in line with Schneider Electric values. My co-workers are very helpful and a great team player The hardest part of this jobs is when the blue prints has error
and the engineer is no were to be found, or when the engineer updates the blue print – more... and you have to re-wire or take thing apart.
Most enjoyable part of this job is when everything goes well and no
error on the blue print. – less
SWBD Mechanical Line
Full time/Productions Associate 2 (Current Employee), Hopkins, SCOctober 19, 2014
The job is great. This position produces hourly wages and a standard 8 hour shift. The work environment is safe and the people are friendly.
Strong business with a fast paced work environment
Senior Finance Analyst - U.S. Sales and Services (Former Employee), Palatine, ILOctober 14, 2014
Pros: open environment to challenge yourself to take on new work opportunities
Cons: management turn over and system limitations
A typical day at work involved providing sales financial leadership, analysis and report communication to the North and South regional commercial teams. Areas of focus included, detail sales by product, region, customer for trend comparison. I would work on objectives and opportunities with local staff to assist in managing to targets.
I was able to – more... learn to operate with a unique team of sales representatives, understanding their concerns and objectives. Challenges included management turn over and issues related to their sales data tracking system. Most enjoyable part was getting the opportunity to work with the team and develop strategies for growing the business. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Schneider Electric

If you're hungry for power, this company can help. Schneider Electric is a leading global manufacturer of equipment for electrical – Read more

Schneider Electric Photos