Schneider Electric Employee Reviews in United States

Good Place to Start Your Career
Energy Incentive Analyst (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 30, 2016
Schneider Electric has been a very valuable place to start my career in the sustainability and energy industry. Pros include good work/life balance, good health benefits, positive working environment, flexible schedules. Cons would be lower than average industry wages, moving up in the company can be difficult, and management is not very organized.
Good Place to start Career
Senior Application Engineer (Former Employee) –  La Vergne, TNOctober 9, 2015
Schneider Electric is a fairly large company. The business unit I worked in had a teaching culture making it a good place to start your career.

Management is fairly young so chances for advancement are low. Most in Management are very approachable and have an open door policy.

Good customer service is a priority there which creates a lot of loyal customers. I learned that how issues are resolved is just as important as providing a good experience.

The most difficult part of the job for me was the amount of travel. An Engineer can be on the road for several weeks at a time if the project required it.
Pros
Teaching Environment
Cons
Not much opportunity for advancement.
Not productive but little fun with co-workers
Tendering Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 14, 2015
Very bad management. Mixed culture

NAM-EAC

It is the worst organization to work for. No work life balance. Less pay. Only Spanish group is powerful here. They are therowing everyone who is not Spanish soeaking, and the VP is White and using this Spanish for less money. They usually want to hire non US citizens or non green card holder. They want to hire someone who are willingness to get abused.
Pros
Cons
Less Pay
Not a place to work if you have childeren or a life outside of work.
ELECTROMECHANICAL TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NESeptember 9, 2015
I did not enjoy working at Schneider Electric. I feel I was mislead in the interview about advancement and scheduling, as far as being able to bid on first shift and overtime requirements.There was no explanation of benefits when I started. The maintenance supervisor, who was my supervisor gave me some information about benefits that was wrong. I finally had to go to a union steward to get some answers. The pay was a little above average for maintenance techs in the area but not worth the trouble or the way I was treated.
Pros
Decent Pay
Cons
Management, Morale, Overtime requirements
good work life balance
Industrial Engineer (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 30, 2016
Good work life balance. Lots of opportunity to grow. work pace can be slow. environment can be political depending on where you work.
Pros
understanding management
Cons
slow pace of work
Nice company but
Senior Payroll Administrator (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYMarch 2, 2016
This company tends to acquire other companies and then after a few months to a year they get rid of the previous employees.
Pros
Excellent Benefits
Cons
Absolutely no job security
Tough scheduling and work/life balance, heavy on tenure.
Meteorologist (Current Employee) –  Burnsville, MNJuly 23, 2015
All office decisions (promotions, projects, advancements, vacation/scheduling preference) are more heavily weighted on tenure than performance. This leaves little room for advancement and applications to other departments do not get preferred treatment. Business seems slow to adapt to new technologies. Rotating shifts and below average pay has led to higher turnover the past couple years. Scheduling may lead to a poor work/life balance as you could be working 7 days in a row with a 2 day break, then work another 7 days, then get a 5 day break - it's all over the place. But working with customers is usually fun and the overall work environment is pretty laid back. It's also a good place to get some forecasting experience with some top-notch people who are willing to help you out and pass on their knowledge.
Pros
Christmas party, laid back environment
Cons
Pay/benefits, scheduling, work/life balance
Field Services
Senior Field Services (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 10, 2016
Not a 9 to 5 job.
Long hours, lots of overtime. Travel required.
Management not in queue with field service reps.
Overall a good job to acquire skills in the power industry.
Good company, Terrible Management
Sales Development Professional (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJanuary 15, 2016
Schneider Electric has the perfect work life balance, however management is not up to par. It seems like there is no training on how to be a manager and deal with your employees. Other than that, it is a great place to work.
Company used to be really fun place to work when it was Triconex. Since SE took over, everyone really nervous about their job security.
Sr. Application Engineer (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, CAOctober 2, 2015
Company used to be really fun place to work when it was Triconex/Invensys. Since SE took over, everyone really nervous about their job security. Average 1 lay off every 2 months; more over, good people quit the company left and right (no new contract coming in), people who stay carrying the burden without compensation. Really stressful situation!!!
Pros
Free water/ coffee/beverage and snack. might be cut really soon.
Cons
No local HR, lots of personal issues have not been resolved efficiently. No long term plan.

Want to know more about Schneider Electric?

Ask a question
Not the engineering experience I wanted
Manufacturing Intern (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJanuary 14, 2016
The management seemed like they didn't care at times. Seems like they were making up tasks to keep us interns busy. Part of my job was interacting with the operators to develop ways to improve the building process of custom electrical buses and they like to avoid the interns or not take the jobs we were tracking. There were rewarding productive days were we took good data or assisted other manufacturing engineering but at least once a week there was a day where nothing productive happen which was not our fault.
Pros
Long lunches and occasional my boss would treat the other interns and I
Cons
Unable to work OT even if it meant losing data.
Field Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 30, 2015
Good workers,fun working here. Somewhat strict but very good training,and important learning.
Traveling and working has never been better.Management very reasonable.
Pros
Superb benefits, good treatment of workers
Cons
Too much extra PC work that you have to do home
Schneider Electric
Ohio Regional Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 1, 2016
This company is an amazing company to work for. The culture is all about the customers and the employees. If they are well taken care of, then the financial results will happen. This company is the leader in energy management.
Very Productive
Material Analyst (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCJanuary 7, 2016
Exciting place to work. It's challenging. A good place to work for mechanical and electrical engineers. Have a good staff of employees. Management does a good job.
Pros
Good environment
Cons
Rely on economy for job security
Challenging, Fun place to work
Application Engineer (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDJune 27, 2015
Schneider Electric does offer many opportunities for advancement, however, you have to be someone who is going to advocate for yourself and express to your manager(s) that you want the opportunity to take on other challenges. The work to social life can be difficult, depending on how what your goals are. i.e if you are a recent grad trying to make a name for yourself and advance your career, you may find yourself with little social life. Now if you are happy with your current role and an expert at what you do and happy, this will allow your social life to increase. It's really up to you! Schneider is a equal opportunity employer, so don't let your race or gender be the reason you don't feel confident about putting yourself out there. Speaking from experience as a male from Puerto Rico, I have been apart some awesome projects with Schneider Electric and have been put in leadership roles since I started as an intern. Good luck to you and best wishes! Never stop learning!
Pros
Culture, Benefits, Events, Company Vehicle (Field Guys/Gals), Oppurtunity
Cons
Pay
fun workplace
System Technician Specialist (Former Employee) –  Puerto Nuevo, PRMarch 12, 2016
tools , materials needed were always the need for employee . the office environment was friendly , the meetings were open to all and things to improve were expressed . always we had a scope of work and towards the impossible to meet the targets . very good and fair benefits .
Pros
friendly place.
Cons
closed branch
Senior SAP PI and EDI Consultant (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 2, 2016
Good place to work, good work and life balance, work form home option is there, job culture is good. free transportation was provided thanks
friendly manages and terrible upper managemnet
Testing Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCFebruary 25, 2016
i worked at Schneider Electric as a temp for 7 months. i gained valuable experience working around knowledgeable people. unfortunately human resources and upper management never kept their word on hire dates and pay.
People willing to help and share work experience
Strategic Sourcing Intern (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 1, 2016
A typical day starts with coworkers greeting each other and continuing to be productive. I was helped on how to deal with subcontractors and working on my part of major projects. Management was easy to work with and helped create a positive work environment. My co-workers were great people who helped each other out and made it all about the team's success. The hardest part would be the language barrier that would happen with over-sea offices but that was also the most enjoyable part as well was being part of a global organization.
Union Shop
BMC Injection Molding Setup Technician (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NENovember 20, 2015
Really one of the worst molding companies I have ever worked for.

Obsolete machines, dangerous conditions, toxic materials, all overseen by a management team that only cares about their retirement. The union was less than useless, they only care about protecting the senior-most workers from "exploitation" by shifting any and all work duties to new employees. This results in new workers being overwhelmed by extra duties and crushed by an overwhelming number of required overtime hours.
Pros
The tacos were good.
Cons
Toxic, hot, dangerous, loud, UNION SHOP.