Schneider Trucking Employee Reviews

Garbage
Driver (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 7, 2017
Working here was like having your head held under water and only brought up to get a tiny gasp of air before being dunked again. If you have a family you will never see them it's impossible to make money there and have a life.
First strated driving
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 6, 2017
First company I started driving for. Was great company and is were I got cdls to start driving. Company paid for mot of stay and food. Great company to work for
decent place to work, nice people, little home time
Amazon Dedicated Texas Driver (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 15, 2016
Little home time, got paid, costly family benefit packages.
Not much else to say so I will fill in this area with the hundred and fifty minimum characters needed.
Pros
paid
Cons
away from home
Great place to work lots of safety traning
Tanker Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 26, 2016
Working at this company has taught me to pay more attention to your surrounding... Being on time and responsible with anything you are doing in your life...
Pros
Safety is the main focus when
Cons
Long hours on the road away from family, the traning is only 2weeks and they force lots of information on you in a short time so be ready.
Financially not feasible
OTR Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 6, 2016
Non directive and not personal friendly. Stayed a year in hopes that they would focus on personnel and since that did not happen I put in my two week notice.
Pros
Early Morning deliveries, no traffic
Cons
Not personnel oriented, no feedback or attempts to address driver problems
failed to give miles
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX 77015August 24, 2016
driving in the bulk devision the company could not provide more than 1700 miles in a week. I making less money than I could sitting at home not working at all.
Great for refreshers on current industry standards and learning new skills.
Regional OTR Driver (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 18, 2016
A great job for beginners and for anyone who is returning to the industry, I personally would not recommend any family oriented person pursue a long term stay.
Pros
great health benefits
Cons
One day and half home each week.
I love it....Just trying to relocate- locally without OTR AGAIN
Driver Intermodal (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 10, 2016
I was pulling intermodal containers from WI to IL, drop and hook sometimes it may be a few live loads/unloads.. I've learned how to maneuver a 53" trailer hoe to post and pre-trip a vehicle in the proper manner. How to operate the QUALCOMM which was rather easy. Management was great at times, I conversed with fellow drivers a lot by giving and receiving pointers to better myself or to make another persons job easier. The hardest part of the job was settling for less, I enjoy to work but dispatch felt as if 3 loads a day was good enough for all drivers.Not I, my drive is different give me more I have a family to support I know what I'm capable of completing I also feel as if I've proved it. I've already completed OTR
in Wisconsin during my first 6 months driving now attempting to relocation to another state and the OTR completed is not being honored to transfer (Tennessee). I've been told I'd have to complete OTR again before local is an option. It's contingent on seniority as well. Overall a good company that offers advancement if you're willing to work.
Pros
I've learned alot I wouldnt change the experience for nothing, fellow drivers
Cons
I already did my over the road, and the memphis intermodal wouldn't accept me on as local for relocation, healthcare, how they cheated us out of bonuses and dispatch
They have provided me an excellent opportunity to learn how to skillfully drive a large tractor-trailer combination vehicle. Ł
Truck Driver/Operator (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 15, 2016
My typical day offers a me wide variety of driving experiences and destinations - which I love. Management is always available and willing to offer advice. As would be expected, some are better at the soft skills than others; however, each is very knowledgable about his specific area of responsibility. The hardest part of the job has been learning the detailed nuances of an in truck, multi facitated technology system. The most enjoyable part of the job is when I am driving on the open road. I also enjoy looking back on my day and reviewing my specific accomplishments, such as safely delivering my assigned loads on time.
Pros
Freedom to get my job done with no direct over site.
Cons
Vendors can be hard edged. Some clearly do not like their jobs.
start up trucking company
Administrative Assistant/Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Flanagan, ILMarch 14, 2016
Typical dispatch and office duties required; dispatching on call basically 12 hours a day. Office duties are normal business administrative duties for accounts receivable, accounts payables, payroll and such.
Alright income if you were getting the weekly miles.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Edwardsville, ILFebruary 19, 2016
I enjoyed seeing the USA, I was solo so i didn't really meet any other drivers. Management was okay when they were keeping there promise on miles.
Good company to start in.
Intermodal Driver (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAFebruary 4, 2016
This was a good company to start in. Learned a lot the first year. Transferred to a local position and was home daily. Equipment was up to date, well maintained, and they followed all DOT regulations. My co-workers worked with each other to maintain a balance and helped each other out. Immediate management worked with you to find solutions to problems and when personal problems arose. The hardest part about the job was dealing with upper management. I worked in the largest market and it required more from us then the other markets did. When requests were put in for special compensation to help, we were denied. Healthcare was expensive and there was no paid holidays. Sick time and vacation time was the same. So if you were sick, you had to take a vacation day to get paid.
Pros
Newer equipment and well maintained.
Cons
Expensive Healthcare, Sick/Vacation time were lumped together and no paid holidays
Noting bad about the comapany
Driver (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXDecember 28, 2015
Great place to work for not the best pay but still a good place to start off.co workers are good management are okay the only down fall with this company are the dispatcher,everyting else is good.
Pros
Almost everthing is good about them
Cons
Dispatchers and pay
good/big company you pay to wash your truck out of your own pocket
solo driver (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORDecember 3, 2015
It was a good job if you NEVER wanted to see home again in 13 months I got 3 non consecutive evenings in portland could never see my son or grand daughter which was my reason for leaving
Pros
mainaned equipment plenty of locations for mainenance
Cons
nearly zero home time
driver
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Lathrop, CANovember 2, 2015
Over the Road Truck driver. Not a pleasant expirience working for this company. Managment might be the biggest problem i had working for them. I am thankful for the opportunity to learn a new trade
Great Company
Over The Road Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Topeka, KSSeptember 21, 2015
Over the Road Truck Driver. I stared out working 25 days out and 5 days home. Then I went to dedicated Home Depot Route and home on the weekends.
Productive Workplace
OTR Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 30, 2015
My experience is delighted, teamplayers experts, management try their best in assisting employees and clients. Great workplace I would recommend anyone. Good employee/management relationship
Good people, Grate way to see the country.
Regional Driver (Former Employee) –  Dallas TexasFebruary 18, 2015
Schneider Trucking was a good company to work for. But i was not happy about how they paid there drivers. I learned a lot as to backing up to a dock. A typical day of work is just driving about 400 or more miles a day.
Pros
See the country
Cons
The Pay
Company Driver
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 16, 2015
Good start for trucking. They will keep you out as long as you want. lots of miles. you will never get home when you want. Some trucks are junk. you will get newer trucks when you work there for longer time.
Pros
On road for as long as you want
Cons
No home time
able to work with minum supervison
delivery driver sand unloader (Former Employee) –  texasNovember 4, 2014
job was long days 12 hrs a day but the weekends i had off the managers mad sure to keep me running so i could make money.the hardest part was i had to move for this job .having weekends off was a plus
Pros
weekends off
Cons
long driving

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Schneider Trucking. Our community is ready to answer.