Schneider Trucking Employee Reviews

new management that cares about there people
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Elwood, ILJanuary 11, 2018
why should i give u my opinion nothings going to change stressful your job should be enjoyable looking forward to going back. Nothing they don't care about you only about making money. Management sucks don't know what there doing thats why the place is going down the drain. the hardest part of the job is going there. enjoyable part nothing .
ok
Over the road truck driver (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 9, 2018
good place to get experience But I dont recomend the tanker division you have be extra careful delivery sulferic asid it burns really bad and other nasy liquid products
Truck driver
Driver Trainee (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAJanuary 5, 2018
Wanted over the road regional company had me loading and unloading trucks in my own city driving from car dealers. Low wages and was told 80% no touch cargo.
Pros
Driving
Cons
Pay
good company
driver (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 27, 2017
this is a good company to drive for I didn't want to leave but had to due to family emergency. the company is very understanding about issues that come up they treat you like a person not a number.
good starter job and training
Commercial Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 23, 2017
good otr experience need more in the eld focus in orientation,...

understanding trip planning and mandate guide lines would be a posative addition to training
dont do it
Driver (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIDecember 12, 2017
the local dedicated job i was offered and what the recruiter told me was totally different. no paid holidays. no call ins. they have no care for family issues. made me work the day my daughter had a skull reconstruction surgery.
good people to work for
steerable driver (Current Employee) –  Henderson, KYNovember 26, 2017
very good place to work but no benefits and no holidays or sick days. gone out of town all the time staying in hotels and never getting to see my family.
Productive workplace
DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Longview, WANovember 13, 2017
workdays included unloading trucks, following FMSR rules, and not working more than 70 hours per week. Rain or shine, we delivered Home Depot product to customers that purchased it online, or in the store.
If your trying to make money, this is the place to do it at.
Class A CDL Driver (Current Employee) –  Obetz, OHNovember 1, 2017
Make as much money as you want. It just depends on how long you want to stay out over the rd. If you are on time to your appointments it will set you up to make better runs.
Pros
Save tons of money.
Cons
Barely spend time at home
Great place
Class A Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIOctober 2, 2017
Great place to work on job training paid Traing also, great staff, consistent schedule very family based company very caring about your off work situation
Over the Road Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 2, 2017
When I worked for Schneider Trucking, I enjoyed the driving cross country. I got to see a lot of places that I probably wouldn't have seen. At the time the money was good. But my wife got sick so I had to come off the road and get a job closer to home.
Stressfull, Competitive
Intermodal Representative (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJuly 2, 2017
I was not happy working for Schneider, in the year and a half that I was there, my department went through 4 managers, 2 that were fired, 1 was temporary until the 4th one was hired. I worked on a team of 10, we only had 10 people for 3 months, people were constantly getting hired and then fired, because the training was not where it needed to be. They were not able to keep up with the amount of work that was needed to be completed each day. The rest of the team was constantly working overtime, skipping lunches and breaks, to complete the daily work needed. There are other departments that have less stress, but you do loose work/life balance wherever you work within the company. You are pretty much expected to work overtime, and if you don't. your job reviews could go down.
Nice company
Company Driver, Family Dollar dedicated (Former Employee) –  Maquoketa, IAJune 16, 2017
Drove for Family Dollar from the Maquoketa, IA. Some stores were so badly disorganized due to old stock cluttering the back room that my unload time was affected. Some stores were late to open the back door at their appointment time. Other stores would accuse me of being late even though I was clearly early according to the appointment time on BOL.
Some stores would give me a hard time while I unloaded in +90°F and demand I moved faster.
The stockers frequently put heavy glass items, (candles, pickles, grape jelly) that are packaged in groups of 6, high up and out of site.
Dispatch was always very nice, yet all of my complaints seemed to be ignored because the undesirable conditions, stated above, would continue.
This job was enjoyable. I got to meet many people, scheduled my own hours to insure that the loads were delivered and always on time.
Over the Road Driver (Former Employee) –  Seville, OHMay 2, 2017
The company was a very good company, as far as trucking companies go. I had a pretty good idea as to what I was getting into. But of course, back in that day many of the Federal Regulations were not being adhered to by the companies or the drivers. I am one to always follow the the legal rules and regulations, and was always capable of delivering my loads on time and without damage to the cargo. I enjoyed the work, seeing parts of the country for the first time, meeting people from all walks of life.
Pros
Able to schedule your deliveries, stop when you were able too, relax when you needed to and see the country in a whole new light.
Cons
While on the road, it was difficult to get home to the family, costs were on the expensive side for personal needs, vendor costs for truck nenecessities were high.
As long as you are willing to learn this company is willing to teach.
Truck Driver (OTR) (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 20, 2017
Just as if playing sports it takes team work. when you need leadership they have an open door policy. One thank you goes a long way. The most enjoyable part of my job was the open road, everyday a different picture.
Pros
You are your own boss on the road, just do your job.
Cons
You are not able to walk as many steps as needed to stay phyically fit.
Garbage
Driver (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 7, 2017
Working here was like having your head held under water and only brought up to get a tiny gasp of air before being dunked again. If you have a family you will never see them it's impossible to make money there and have a life.
First strated driving
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 6, 2017
First company I started driving for. Was great company and is were I got cdls to start driving. Company paid for mot of stay and food. Great company to work for
decent place to work, nice people, little home time
Amazon Dedicated Texas Driver (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 15, 2016
Little home time, got paid, costly family benefit packages.
Not much else to say so I will fill in this area with the hundred and fifty minimum characters needed.
Pros
paid
Cons
away from home
Great place to work lots of safety traning
Tanker Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 26, 2016
Working at this company has taught me to pay more attention to your surrounding... Being on time and responsible with anything you are doing in your life...
Pros
Safety is the main focus when
Cons
Long hours on the road away from family, the traning is only 2weeks and they force lots of information on you in a short time so be ready.
Financially not feasible
OTR Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 6, 2016
Non directive and not personal friendly. Stayed a year in hopes that they would focus on personnel and since that did not happen I put in my two week notice.
Pros
Early Morning deliveries, no traffic
Cons
Not personnel oriented, no feedback or attempts to address driver problems