Schneider Employee Reviews in United States

Good pay with long hours
Driver (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIAugust 19, 2016
After 12 years I decided to call it quits. Due to the overall driver shortage in the industry drivers are not held to any standards. Often times bad behavior was rewarded. They operate very much on the idea that the squeaky wheel gets the grease. Drivers who complain the most get treated better than those of us who came in and did our job properly everyday. Your were encouraged to "optimize your hours" which was just code speak for cutting corners. Integrity is supposed to be one of their core values but there is none among their drivers. There is also very little integrity in the management. They throw the term "respect" around as its another core value. Very little respect from the company towards the drivers. Your time, your wants, your needs, your family, they have no respect for. The benefits are sub-par at best. The health insurance is some of the worst I've had. If you want to work for a company where your treated like a piece of meat then this is your kind of place.
it was a different life expereince
Driver (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIAugust 18, 2016
Don't know what to really say about this company it was different all the way around for this was my very first O T R job I had and it took some getting used to, for the all in all it was LIFE experince one that I will never for get in a long time, they had great places to stop at all except for Loredo TX, but all in all got along with all, just wish they would of let us know that they were selling the Flat Bed divison when I was going class, I would of swtiched to the other divison ,
Decent Paying loads. Good expeirence
Owner Operator (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIAugust 12, 2016
Its a good job for a single person. Enjoyed running for them as both IC (independent contractor) and CD (Company Driver) I would recommend them to anyone who wants to be an IC.
Good company to work for.
Driver Business Leader (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAAugust 10, 2016
Overall good company to work for - good pay, good benefits and good people. I enjoyed working for this company, however the office I worked at was closed and relocated out of state.
Benefits
64k....Scneinder is smoking crack
Regional Driver (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 2, 2016
In 2 months there and rarely working less that 14 per day over 5 days. I had one week of clearing $900, all other weeks I cleared 500-600 at best, and gone Mon-Fri/Sat.

Night dispatch is miserable and make you feel like a pain in the nuts. And they rarely listen to your log concerns when your running out of hours. All about getting the freight there.
Pros
Nice terminals
Cons
Too many to list
Where i started
Driver (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAAugust 1, 2016
I started trucking with schneider and i went to schenider driving school i learned how to be a safe driver at schenider and to back up a tractor trailer schender training is great it though me a lot .
Great company - may prefer younger drivers
OTR driver (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAJuly 31, 2016
Worked here for 20 years, with a slight gap, considered a safe and top driver. Terminated after one accident - perhaps due to my age, perhaps not. Satisfying job - but need to work closer to home due to wife's disability.
Large company
Payment Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJuly 30, 2016
At Schneider I started at reviewing truck driver applicants to make sure they had the qualifications for the positon. Then I took a position where are reviewed invoices to make sure they were paid and if they were not researched why they were not paid.
I learned at this company about how the trucking industry works.
The hardest part of this job was telling an applicant they were not qualified enough for the position they applied for. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with the people I worked with.
Its trucking.
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, TNJuly 26, 2016
Had fun until they said I hit a fence and was let go tried to tell I didn't hit it but you live and learn to take pictures of something that's already banged up. Kept me rolling they do have a great training course didn't get my CD through them barley talked to my dispatcher which I liked got home when needed sometimes. But remember this is trucking.
Pros
Kept rolling.
Cons
Having to do 60mph.
Good Job Security and Opportunities for Advancement
Van Truckload Operations Associate (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJuly 25, 2016
A good job if you are a quick problem solver and you are able to do computer work with speed and accuracy. The people who work there are generally friendly and are willing to help newer employees.
Pros
Work around your personal schedule
Cons
Short breaks, stressful during peak hours
Great place to start a career
Executive Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJuly 25, 2016
Schneider is a great place to work and to get your transportation career started. There is a lot to learn, and they are the experts.
na
OTR Dedicated Driver (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJuly 24, 2016
Typical over the road job. Sign on bonus paid in timely matter. Decent Equipment, Mostly new. Decent training program. etc
Plenty of lies
Commercial Driver (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 16, 2016
My partner and I were told we would receive 5000-6000 miles per week as a team. We actually received about 2500-3500 per week. That's horrible for a team. Schneider makes you wait a lot on loads and DBLs aka Driver Business Leaders are often rude and unprofessional over Qualcomm. Management blames driver's for everything. I remember a few times where million milers jackknifed in a rain storm and They blamed him and said it was because he went too fast. Really!! They throw their own under the bus.They mostly are women hv never driven a truck before. DBLs say want loads on time yet they are always requesting you to call in for silly reasons. They want you kiss butt to get good miles if you don't they will punish you by making you sit.It's stop and go stop and go. It's hard to succeed here because they are never satisfied always nitpicking about every little thing. You can't use a handfree device or BLUETOOTH HEADSET because Schneider is so OBSESSED with safety that your not allowed to use them.
Pros
Meal card at orientation access to pay such online
Cons
Rude Management TOO MANY RULES, cheap you hv to buy everything, very little miles for teams
adventurous, fun
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Edwardsville, ILJuly 11, 2016
Long work days but exciting. I was able to see things that I might not have gotten a chance to see. Hard work but still fun, the long distance from home and family was the hardest part of the job.
Pros
new places
Cons
time away from family
Good Company with small town values
Manager (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJuly 11, 2016
Schneider is a good company to begin you transportation career. The Corporate Office is located in a small town with few career options in transportation without relocation. Because of this there is very little turnover in middle management and above roles. This can become frustrating for anyone looking for a fast track. That being said, this is a company the typically promotes from within. They operate with a "no players on the bench" concept with a lean team. This can lead to long hours, and for some roles, extended travel. Compensation is average for the industry as is benefits. Schneider is a good fit for someone wanting to live in small town USA while having a career that provides fair compensation.
Lots of down time.
Truck driver (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJuly 10, 2016
Spent a lot of time sitting around waiting for a load. False advertisement of the salary and miles. Excellent trainning program.
truck driver
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 6, 2016
was happy to drive but not happy they let me go when I was honest about my background I love driving and this put a sour taste in my mouth on big companies
Fun environment
Logistics Specialist (Former Employee) –  West Memphis, ARJune 29, 2016
I love my job here. My job required DOT experience and customer service needs. It required I maintain and keep accurate logs on a daily basis.
Good place to start career
Professional Driver (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 28, 2016
Schneider was the company I chose to start out my driving career after leaving the Army. Overall they are a good first company to start out with and very professional all around.
Trucking company
Independent Contractor/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 19, 2016
I worked for Schneider for 5 years and enjoyed it the but being over the road was rough on my marriage and I let there because they didn't have any local position available