Schneider

Schneider Employer Reviews

bad place to work for
Professional Truck Driver (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 16, 2014
Pros: experience
Cons: home time
they will work you hard and send you home when they are ready not when you want
Low pay, low moral
Company truck driver (Current Employee), Fontana, CAJuly 14, 2014
Pay is not commensurate with work performed. Time away from home promotes family unrest.
Overworked and Burnt Out
Account Manager (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 11, 2014
Working 60-90 hours a week without the help from leadership as needed. Called out for help and did not receive it. I had a new manager every month and a half for the last year.
kindergarten for truckers
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 7, 2014
Pros: free laundry
Cons: keep you poor
if you're looking to make money and think independently do not work here. They will absolutely not pay you a worthwhile wage. they keep you on a short leash and will not allow you to do anything without their approval. They will send you two places such as New Jersey, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island etc. and keep you there for 3 weeks. There – more... are no miles to run and lots of traffic to deal with. When I work for them I brought home paycheck that were approximately $200 for the whole week. the only positive thing that I can see about the company is that they have a good driver training program. Some of the instructors are very knowledgeable and really know some good tricks and have great advice about over the road situations that can occur. Once you're done with the training just work for them for about 3 months then getl out of there. Other companies will hire you from there. They are more of the same although most of them will offer you higher pay. Always remember that rate of pay means nothing without miles. All of the major government subsidized companies like Snyder and j b hunt and swift and us express etcetera all will only give you about 2000 miles a week. – less
GREAT COMPANY WITH ENDLESS OPPORTUNITIES FOR CAREER GROWTH
Fleet Manager (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 2, 2014
Pros: family owned
Cons: nothing
IF YOU ARE WILLING TO RELOCATE THEY HAVE ENDLESS OPPORTUNITIES TO GROW IN YOUR CAREER.
Large company but worked hard to make you not just a number.
Honda Part Delivery (Former Employee), Green Bay, WIJuly 2, 2014
Provided world class customer service,on time deliveries and
Schreiber Foods
HR Benefits Intern (Former Employee), Green Bay, WIJuly 1, 2014
Loved it there. Great company to work for. Great pay and benefits.
Good entry position but low paying
Truck driver (Current Employee), Akron, OHJune 27, 2014
Pros: nice people
Cons: they will rip you off
Schneider is a good place to build experience.
The bosses are okay and they are flexable with home time.
But their maintence program is horrible.
They are low paying and forget to reimburse you.
If there is any exception to your pay check it might get left out.
Driver Leader
Driver Leader (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 27, 2014
Job is fine, company ok. Not a bad entry level you will learn a lot
Stressful and unorganized work environment
Carrier Sales Executive (Current Employee), Green Bay, WIJune 22, 2014
Pros: great referral program
Cons: stressful work environment and unorganized
Schneider has been the most unorganized company I have ever worked for. They change systems every 2 years to a worst system than before. Management consist of individuals who have never done your job and has no idea how to assist you in any needs you may have due to a lack of knowledge. There is little teamwork and a extremely stressful environment.
do it but get out
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Fontana, CAJune 20, 2014
get your D.L. can quit an drive for someone else. im done nothing more to say jjjdjdjdjjdjdjdjdjdjdjdjjdjdjdjdjdjdjdj
Nice terminals
Driver (Former Employee), Dallas, Tx.June 19, 2014
Truck computer system was a nightmare. With that said I would have to say it was a good company to work for. I was well taken care of and Schneider takes care of their employees.
Wonderful company to work for who really cares about its employees with excellent benifits
Over The Road Truck Driver (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJune 16, 2014
driving from city to city delivering various goods through the beautiful mountains with beautiful scenic backgrounds is wonderful. This company really cares about its employees as well as their family and goes out of their way to ensure their well being.
Little home time
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Fife, WAJune 12, 2014
Great company to work for. I just wanted more home time.

Dedicated and OTR team driver.

Military friendly.
Load and unload semi trailers, drive to different parts of the U.S.
OTR truck driver (Former Employee), Green Bay, WIJune 5, 2014
Pros: learning how to handle a semi, backing, driving in general.
Cons: i.m very much a people person, i need to be around people. driving a semi is a very lonely life.
A typical day at work was driving, loading, and unloading the semi. I learned how to be a professional driver. I did not have any co-workers. I was a solo driver. The hardest part about the job was being away from my church for extended times and driving solo. The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing new things.
Responsible for my own dispatch.
Owner / Operator (Former Employee), Greenbay, WIMay 24, 2014
Able to pick and choose my own work day and regulate my hours of service.
Fun Workplace
Loader/Verifier/Order filler (Former Employee), Elwood, ILMay 21, 2014
Pros: cool environment
Cons: short breaks
Enjoyed working for Schneider. The employees were friendly and the managers were nice too.
Not what I like
Verification Specialist (Former Employee), Port Wentworth, GAMay 21, 2014
This job is for those that don't mind working hard in a hot or cold environment.
Fast paced
Global Customer Service (Former Employee), Green Bay, WIMay 19, 2014
Pros: free lunches for our team being the leader in call copy. a gym in the building
Cons: not flexable
I covered 26 states mostly east coast with Kohls Trucking needs

First thing in the morning was:

Aux into my phone and pull up all programs needed for the day

Run tracking reports from SharePoint

Check for any EDI loads to be accepted or rejected-they expire within a two hour time frame

Check activities for any urgent service exceptions-drivers – more... that are not going to make it

Check emails for anything that needed to be replied to right away

Run appointments that needed to be made

Send out emails or make phone calls to make appointments

Check trailer pools for our equipment sites to ensure needs are met

Answer calls from internal and external customer and help them with any questions or needs

Deal with internal chats in a timely manner

Run reports every hour to ensure loads created are flowing through correctly

When accepting freight you must make sure their is enough time in between stops (loads were usually multi stop loads)

Manually created return to vendor loads

Throughout the day you have to balance all of the above and make sure not to let any loads time out

I learned how to manage my time and my desk more efficiently to ensure all tasks could be accomplished in an eight hour day. I learned how to use many different programs and how they all work together to create, and except loads to track them and the drivers. I learned to communicate effectively with internal and external customers by email, chat, and phone conversations.(There were three people on Kohls account. We had a 97.9% phone rating, which was a record for all the global accounts.

The hardest part of the job was learning how to manage my desk in an efficient manner that enabled me to help my teammates while maintaining my desk.

The most enjoyable part of my job was helping all the internal and external customers with their questions and needs. – less
Company sold
Sales Professional (Former Employee), MSMay 17, 2014
Great work atmosphere great entry level experience with doctors and launching new drugs

1 2 3 4 5

About Schneider

Schneider is a premier provider of truckload, logistics and intermodal services. Offering the broadest portfolio of services in – Read more