Schneider

Schneider United States Employee Reviews

See below
Truck Driver (Current Employee), French Camp, CAApril 22, 2015
Pros: Great schedule and laid-back atmosphere
Cons: All around pay package; $ for live loads/unloads, detention, etc.
Excellent training and instructors. When help is required, it takes a long time to get through to anyone, but once the phone is answered, the DBL's do all they can to help.
OTR Company Driver (Former Employee), Edwardsville, ILApril 20, 2015
Hardest part of this job is being away from home. Planned time off seemed to be a fight. The good things are management was great, benefits phenomenal and pay fair.
one of the best truck companies out there
Company driver (Former Employee), Green Bay, WIApril 17, 2015
Pros: training and pay
Cons: Home time
I only worked here for a few weeks due to home life but the time i worked was pretty good.

The training i recieved was top notch it was 3 weeks.
-1st week orientation and manuverbility and road training at their terminal,
-2nd week was road training with trainer that's either on the account or used to work on the account you applied for also in the area your going to drive.
- 3rd week back to terminal for classroom training and procedures then your done with training but you can ask for additional training if needed or by your choice.

I got to see alot of places in my short time with company it can be a great career with them just make sure you dont get a bad truck like i did that broke down a few times the warrenty had 3 month lefts and alot of miles on it but got it fixed and ran good after that detention and layover was fair put me in hotel when truck in shop they do have good trucks by the way and Home Time could be better but it is a business.

so keep on trucking Driver.
They were good about getting me home every weekend
Professional Driver (Former Employee), West Memphis, ARApril 14, 2015
Pros: Been doing e-logs for several years
Cons: Trying to find a trailer was an issue at times
Ran mostly regional work in the south. They got me home every weekend as promised. I got a new truck after being with them only about 6 months.
lease-op,loads taking of truck
driver. dry va (Former Employee), WIApril 14, 2015
as lease-op I book my loads,sch. would send a mes. on sat sys. that load was cancell. but load was reassign to a another truck. I call shippers load was not cancel .fisrt time I gross 120000. w/ prime I gross 190000.
OTR Driver (Former Employee), Green Bay, WIApril 10, 2015
Pros: Friendly people
Cons: Hard getting hired there.
I really do like this company because everybody was working together everybody get what they had to do and it was funny. I moved around I never sat in one place doing multiple task and I thought it was fine it's also a room for advAncement. Although I was a temp I never got hired but I really did like the company
Fun atmoshere. clean free showers!
Dedicated Van Driver (Former Employee), Green Bay, WIApril 6, 2015
Pros: New equipment. Plenty of freight
Cons: Pay and limited home time
Schneider gave me my opportunity to drive big trucks. I owe a lot to them. I can only say good things about "The Pumpkin". They believed in me. When they had a training academy in Dallas, I attended and had a great time. Schneider has since discontinued producing drivers for the industry. If you want to go where you have the opportunity to really learn truck driving, Schneider is the place to go. Van, tanker and pneumatic. We all have to start somewhere. Schneider will provide you with all of the necessary tools and skills to be successful. They have plenty of Operating Centers for you convenience. I would recommend Schneider for any new driver.
Truck driver, drove OTR safely. Drove 90,000 miles OTR
Truck driver (Former Employee), Green Bay, WIMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Customers
Cons: No time at home
Truck driver, drove OTR safely. Drove 90,000 miles OTR. Daily DVI, Inspections daily. Pick up freight and delivered to customers and drop and hook loads throughout US covered all states. Communication with dispatch thru QUALCOMM. Follow DOT regulations at all times
Excellent Company to work for.
CDL Class A professional truck driver (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 31, 2015
I liked working for Schneider National. I think that Schneider is a World Class Top Notch truck driving company that cares about Safety and the well being of its drivers and all of its employees and stakeholders. I left because of personal reasons, Not because of any wrong doing of the Schneider Company. If I could go back, I would like to get hired on with the Flat bed Division. I do not mind getting off of the truck and working hard in any type of weather.

p.s. And Best of All, I liked working with the All of the People of the Schneider Company. I met a lot of real good friends and they have continued to be my friend till this day

Hopes this helps, Robert
Wear blinders and do as I say, not as I do!
Dedicated Truck Driver (Current Employee), Carlisle PAMarch 31, 2015
For such a big organization, the left hand has NO idea what the right hand is doing. MICRO-MANAGEMENT is overdone and drivers are expected serve their master without question.
The company has such potential to become a "gold mine" but unfortunately, it is led with dictator style management verses strong leadership.
If the company officials would have trust and confidence in their drivers and allow them to perform to the best of their abilities- NO ONE could match them. Quite a shame!
great start
Owner/Operator (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 30, 2015
great place to start had a lot of fun the time I was there I have nothing but good things to stay about the company and some of the people there
Driver (Former Employee), West Memphis, ARMarch 23, 2015
A typical day is waking up pre-trip start routing and drive. I learned a lot just being out on the road because it was things that they already have taught me. Hardest part of the job is driving in snow but it was fun seeing new places.
SCHNEIDER
Owner Operator/ CDL Class A Driver (Former Employee), Green Bay, WIMarch 23, 2015
I was to pick up loads where ever they needed me. Its a great company to work with. It also has great benefits. This company has a lot of job opportunities.
enjoyed working for a fleet trucking company
Senior Tractor Fleet Mechanic (Former Employee), woodhaven miMarch 22, 2015
performed bumper to bumper maintenance on international and freightliner tractors. was responsible for collecting and charging out your own parts
Best if your single or if your significant other can be on the road with you
OTR Company Driver (Current Employee), Green Bay, WIMarch 21, 2015
Pros: otr team you get better miles and see the country
Cons: low pay for the time and effort you have to put in
Its a great OK paying job. It was hard for me because I had to leave my wife and 3 year old daughter behind while i went on the road. They run you as hard as they can. Getting good miles is a hit or miss sometimes. When running solo they tend to screw you over with loads that mess up getting home on the desired dates. Calling in for assistance to your DBL will leave you waiting for 30+ minutes.
Bulk operator
Bulk operator (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 19, 2015
Pros: meeting many people in refineries
Cons: away from family
Great company to work for in the Bulk division...I'm not sure about the van division...The bulk training was excellent, and the trainers really take the time to answer any questions you may have.
Great company
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Green Bay, WIMarch 16, 2015
If you like OTR and see new places, become a truck driver. They have great home time. I was getting home every 5-6 weeks for 6-7 days off.
fast pace shop enviroment
General Mechanic (Current Employee), Reserve LaMarch 13, 2015
Pros: days off doing the week
Cons: work some weekends
computer base training
expercinced tech to help
management helpful
great bunch of guys o work with
early start to the day
Great Introduction To Professional Driving
OTR (Former Employee), Gary INMarch 12, 2015
Pros: plenty of frieght for drivers wanting to run
Cons: depends on your attitude
Plenty of freight for a driver that wants to run and communicate their hours. I was always given safe and reliable equipment to move goods.Great experience.
Opportunity to have advanced training in a 3pl environment.
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee), Elwood, ILMarch 9, 2015
Pros: many training opportunities.
Cons: poor hours and location.
Operations was setup to work with Walmart logistics group. This allowed for an expanded view of Walmart culture and corporate goals.

1 2 3 4 5

About Schneider

Schneider is a premier provider of truckload, logistics and intermodal services. Offering the broadest portfolio of services in – Read more

Schneider Salaries