Schneider

Schneider Employee Reviews

Clean and good atmosphere for associate to associate communications
Receiving /Shipping- PE,RC,RC clamp certified (Current Employee), Elwood, ILAugust 3, 2015
Pros: Plenty of departments to advance to
Cons: No associate advocacy or liaison to aid in understanding and communication between managment
Too much inconsistency from what is said and what actually happens on the floor. The CPH is not a problem but the compensation for routine hold-ups that effect CPH that directly effect advancment.
absoutely no job security, terrible culture
Customer Service (Former Employee), Dallas, TXAugust 2, 2015
Pros: decent pay
Cons: no job security, cut throat environment
My job consisted of getting yelled at for 8 hours by customers for freight they were assured would be delivered but CLEARLY could not. Worked hard to be honest and make sure customers felt I did everything I could. Was advancing and then in one of their standard layoffs was let go for a reason that wasn't even factual, wasn't allowed to view the records when I asked. Would never recommend working for Schneider.
The Best in the industry.
Company Driver (Former Employee), Green Bay, WIJuly 24, 2015
Great pay, great training, great place for beginner drivers. Many different options for drivers. The environment is amazing. Great company to drive for.
I disliked this company
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Green Bay, WIJuly 21, 2015
Pros: Food at the terminals was decent, and had free showers and laundry
Cons: most everything elase
Schneider treats drivers like they are a number. Communication is awful. weekend and night dispatch will not even answer you most of the time. They lie to drivers. Miles were low. You get stuck for days waiting on freight. layover pay was awful and doesn't start until you have been down 24 hours.
Over the road, regional truck driving
Regional Truck Driver (Former Employee), Green Bay, WIJuly 21, 2015
A typical day is get up, check your truck and trailer and drive too, or continue on the way to your delivery or pickup. you got your assignments via the qualcom and interacted with management mostly by phone or the qualcom.
Good company for rookies and some veterans
Truck driver (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 21, 2015
Pros: pay is more per mile than some companies for the same experience
Great company that knows the hardships of the life and takes whatever steps are feasible to alleviate them. All the DBLs(managers) I worked for at the DFW terminal were super fast, responsive, and gave good advice. The orientation at DFW reflected many lessons learned and the instructors were good communicators with experience to pass on.
That being said, the company is there to make money, and you have to be able to put in the work. The time away from family is a big disadvantage of the life. The DBLs will work with you as well as possible for time at home, but this must be balanced by the knowledge that if the truck and driver isn't moving, no one is making money on it.
Schneider National
Truck Operator (Former Employee), Green Bay, WIJuly 17, 2015
Pros: Pay
Cons: Home time and Management.
When I first chose Schneider they promised me I would be home 3-5 nights out of the week. On a regular basis I would be gone 6 days, so the home time was nowhere near what the promised. Management on the account I worked at was severely lacking not just manpower but the skills to properly manage the drivers. We had a 90 percent drop out rate and it seemed that the management did not care. I was one of the first drivers on the account and after my second month I was a trainer because they had no one else with more experience.
Challenging
Systems Administrator (Former Employee), WashingtonJuly 12, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: none
Hard Working, team work, and very challenging. Ups and downs sometimes but challenging. Lastly work is good...25-50 people in a team.
driver
Driver (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 12, 2015
driving is something I like to do, the pay was great, basically my own boss, just had to get the load where it had to be on time
Great job, no social life
Truck Driver (OTR) (Former Employee), Green Bay, WIJuly 6, 2015
Pros: Great pay, great job security
Cons: No home life, very lonely lifestyle
I loved this job for the 6 years I worked there. A typical work day consisted of around 10-11 hours of driving, usually through the night.
test
OTR Professional Truck Driver (Current Employee), Green Bay, WIJune 30, 2015
Too many computers and control in the trucks. Too much saving money at the expense of the driver. But people are great to work with,
N/A
Company Driver (Former Employee), Green Bay WisconsonJune 28, 2015
They aren't that bad, they could be better though. I quit so I could be home more, being a truck driver is tough. Just keep in contact with your DBL and everything will be fine.
good place for O/O
Owner operator (Former Employee), Green Bay, WIJune 25, 2015
Pros: Do what you do
Cons: strict on DOT compliance
The "choice" program allowed an owner/operator to run his/her company as they wanted to as long as you adhere to DOT regulations. no charge for trailers and no charge for qualcom
really not much need to talk to business leader do to the fact that you dispatch yourself via your lap top computer
Fast Paced, Stressful, Demanding, Customer Driven workplace. The company has some of the greatest most caring people you'll ever meet!
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Green Bay, WIJune 25, 2015
Pros: Cafe, gym, ATM, store, mail and print services on site, Competitive Pay, Amazing co-workers, random food days, company picnics, customer service appreciation days
Cons: Poor management - many not consistent across the floor, favortism, feeling guilty for taking a break or a lunch, very stressful and demanding job
I worked for this company for almost 15 years. After being let go (by a manager on a power trip), I realised it was a blessing in disquise. I was being drained on a daily basis, of any and all energies I had. And it was because of this fast paced, demanding job, and what the position had become. When I first started, desks were evenly distributed with work assignments and the daily work was manageable. – more... However, over the years, management was feeling pressure for their teams to do more with less. That meant workers had to take on more and more, but rarely given extra time to do the extra work. Once in awhile overtime was approved, many times it was not and you would get talked to or have to explain why you didn't get al of your work done. Vacation time became more difficult to get a random day off here and there at the last minute. There was never enough coverage across the floor for more than a couple people (from various teams) to be off at once. One year they even threw seniority out the window and newer associates were allowed to pick peak times off vs those that had worked for years and deserved to choose first. Some were allowed to make up time by working from home, while others had to use flex/vacation time. Lots of favortism. If it weren't for the time and dedication I put in to earn my high salary, and vacation time, as well as amazing customers and co-woekers, I would have quit 3-5 years prior. When you're in a position that long, it's hard to imagine the grass could be greener on the other side. But it is!!! With the fast paced, high demands of this job, sitting all day, and feeling guilty for going to the bathroom or taking a lunch break, or even a quick water break, it's a surprise workers aren't falling over at their desks!!! God and Don must be keeping watch over them!!
I do have some fond memories of my time there and maintain friendships with many of the amazing people that I worked with and am proud to call my Schneider family.
However, if given the chance, I would never go back. – less
I still drive would put my driver number just know I'm trying to be a ic
driver (Current Employee), West Memphis, ARJune 24, 2015
Pros: lots most teams average and 700 a week
Cons: they are in control of your pay if they only give you short runs you'll see it in your pay
Ok but they give you 5000 mules one week then 2500 the next as a time and live unloads and loads but ok company. Look at your check once you 90 day it's a thing that they take out 2cent in 90 days I list over 900 bucks stick with it and try to go te or ic
Love the environment that I worked in.
Verifier (Former Employee), Pooler, GAJune 24, 2015
I received and shipped freight from merchants to companies all over the city. It was a very active job, which kept me moving at all times. The management team was great and thorough. I loved my co-workers, we maintained a fun and professional atmosphere. The hardest part was the climate controlled warehouse. The most enjoyable part was being able to meet new people, working independently, and enjoying the people I worked with.
OK enviornment, very fast paced.
General Mechanic (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 19, 2015
performed PM and maintenance procedures on Class 8 trucks and trailers, have experience operating class 8 equipment.
Line Level
Support Shift Operations (Former Employee), Green Bay, WIJune 19, 2015
Pros: 8 hours + overtime
Room for advancement
Training is on-going
Set schedule with room for overtime if needed
8 hours of work with lunch break
It's a good place to gain transportation experience.
Driver Business Leader (Current Employee), Houston, TXJune 13, 2015
Pros: A supportive management staff, There are vast opportunites within the company if you live in Green Bay, WI which is headquarters
Cons: Limited opportunites in other states unless you are willing to relocate, Compensation compared to other transportation companies is below average
A good company to gain transportation experience either as a driver or an office employee. There are vast opportunites within the company if you live in Green
Excellent for the job
Driver (Current Employee), Memphis, TNJune 12, 2015
Pros: Great pay/ benefits
Cons: Isolation, very little time at home (expected), sedentary
The pay and benefits are competitive. The company as a whole is fair and easy to work with. The job itself isn't all that bad for what I do. It has it's downsides of course. The first being isolation. I know some people prefer it but I do not. The second being advancement. There really isn't anything else to move to. That made it a job for me, rather than a career. Lastly, I detest the physical inactivity. Even with a desk-job, you can get up and walk around for lunch breaks, and you will still find yourself at home each day. With that sort of work, my physical activity would be my problem. I can choose to work out or engage in sports, etc.
Headquarters