Schneider

Schneider Employer Reviews

HORRIBLE TREATMENT BY THE DISPATCH ( DBL'S )
driver (Current Employee), atlanta , GaAugust 24, 2014
Pros: getting experience
Cons: bad/ terrible dbl treatment
DBL'S or " driver managers" talk down to drivers equating them to nothing , not concerned about your well being or driving experience, i would not recommend , unless you are desperate get there get some experience will with the pain for a few months and get out, unless you are lucky and paired up with a good DBL who has some driving experience. The – more... few i have dealt with seem more interested in climbing corporate ladder , which means there are trying to find any small fault to show they are doing a great of a job. – less
This is a good company.
Driver (Current Employee), Green Bay, WIAugust 24, 2014
It is good working with this company. I have a run home every weekend
Great company to work for.
Relay Driver (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 23, 2014
Pros: equipment
Cons: dropped the local positions, changed to out and back, regional.
Schneider had a great work environment, from excellent seasonal training to their benefit package.
Company Driver
Company Driver (Current Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 20, 2014
Great company to start for, plenty of loads to keep you running, and lots of flexibility
Fun and worth the adventure
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Dallas, TXAugust 19, 2014
Pros: travel, no boss looking over shoulder
Cons: needs better policy balance
Saw places and people I would have otherwise not been exposed to.

Great first trucking company experience.
employee care
Driver (Current Employee), Green Bay, WIAugust 14, 2014
Schneider don't care about the employees. Its all about the money and more money.
great place to begin a driving career
Driver/Driver Trainer (Current Employee), Green Bay, WIAugust 14, 2014
Very well organized and very professional. Always have freight available. A safe company to work for with good equipment and DOT regulations are never compromised.
Hard work with good customer service
Truck Driver (Current Employee), USAugust 7, 2014
Drive 9-11 hours a day, I learned how to work alone and how to take responsibility for the good and the bad.
so far so good.. still new
Commercial Driver (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDAugust 4, 2014
recent student just finished the 3 week orientation/ training and after passing all the tests was offered the position.

the starting pay is okay. I just really don't wanna be OTR, initially I hired on for a regional dedicated position, which changed to a OTR.

at this point I don't have anything bad nor good to say about the company.
The road is your friend
Class A Truck Driver (Former Employee), Reserve, LAAugust 2, 2014
Pros: you will likey be hired. the road. being around other truckers. traveling.
Cons: everyone that works inside. bad for your health. your life becomes trucking. not being appreciated.
Can't say I hate this job because at the time no better opportunities existed. Schneider gave me that an I appreciate it. What good is the world best job if never hired. Management will blame you for as much as possible. Learn how to ignore people, continue to do your job and make your money.
Busy, fun job
Dedicated Team Driver (Former Employee), Green Bay, WIJuly 31, 2014
Schneider is a great place to work. Dedicated team driving for Home Depot was great. It was an easy route to drive from Topeka, KS to various Denver, CO area stores, but it was fast paced. The Driver Business Leader and other dispatch staff was great and easy to talk to, they really listened to what you were saying and not just giving you lip service.
large safety oriented company, but too big for an individual
Driver/Operator (Current Employee), NJJuly 25, 2014
Pros: some good people, large co, steady work
Cons: giant company, some moody people.
My leader and dispatchers were great. they tried to stay positive and help with any situation.
But, I felt that corporate treated me like a number and not an individual.
Weekly route, home on weekends
Driver (Current Employee), Fort worth, TxJuly 20, 2014
Night driver. Leave out at 1am and home by Friday. Hard work but good pay and benefits.
Descent job
Driver (Former Employee), Lenexa, KSJuly 20, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: other drivers
I enjoyed this job because it was a M-F job and salaried with Federal holidays off. The only issue I had is that there was a few drivers that called in a lot and it was up to other drivers to get the deliveries done and the job was easy other than it was a late to overnight job.
Over the road trucking, Never at home
Tanker Truck Driver (Former Employee), I-10 East Freeway Houston TexasJuly 20, 2014
Pros: loved being my own boss, no one looking over your shoulder
Cons: create your own schedule, loved it.
I enjoyed the time i worked for Schneider. But KBR offered me a job making 8X what i was making. But overall good company to excell if you stay at least 10 years plus.
Driver (Former Employee), South Boston, VAJuly 18, 2014
Was a great company to work for, wish I never left. Thought my chances at MBM were going to bre better
bad place to work for
Professional Truck Driver (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 16, 2014
Pros: experience
Cons: home time
they will work you hard and send you home when they are ready not when you want
Low pay, low moral
Company truck driver (Current Employee), Fontana, CAJuly 14, 2014
Pay is not commensurate with work performed. Time away from home promotes family unrest.
Overworked and Burnt Out
Account Manager (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 11, 2014
Working 60-90 hours a week without the help from leadership as needed. Called out for help and did not receive it. I had a new manager every month and a half for the last year.
kindergarten for truckers
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 7, 2014
Pros: free laundry
Cons: keep you poor
if you're looking to make money and think independently do not work here. They will absolutely not pay you a worthwhile wage. they keep you on a short leash and will not allow you to do anything without their approval. They will send you two places such as New Jersey, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island etc. and keep you there for 3 weeks. There – more... are no miles to run and lots of traffic to deal with. When I work for them I brought home paycheck that were approximately $200 for the whole week. the only positive thing that I can see about the company is that they have a good driver training program. Some of the instructors are very knowledgeable and really know some good tricks and have great advice about over the road situations that can occur. Once you're done with the training just work for them for about 3 months then getl out of there. Other companies will hire you from there. They are more of the same although most of them will offer you higher pay. Always remember that rate of pay means nothing without miles. All of the major government subsidized companies like Snyder and j b hunt and swift and us express etcetera all will only give you about 2000 miles a week. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Schneider

Schneider is a premier provider of truckload, logistics and intermodal services. Offering the broadest portfolio of services in – Read more