Schneider

Schneider Employer Reviews

Overall a fast paced environment with great co-workers
Driver Business Leaders (Former Employee), Green Bay, WIOctober 16, 2014
Support shift operations balances the fast-pace work duties with a relaxed employee atmosphere.
good home time great pay
Driver / Trainer (Former Employee), Green Bay, WIOctober 13, 2014
Pros: good people to work with
Cons: management
great company to work for good home time great pay room for advancement
Previously Reviewed
Area Planning Manager (Current Employee), Dallas, TXOctober 13, 2014
The same review as before. Nothing new to disclose or talk about.
Wonderful company with room for advancement
Account Services Manager (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 13, 2014
Schneider National is THE place to work in logistics. From your start to your finish Schneider offers a rewarding career. With room for advancement and lots of relocation opportunities you cannot afford to pass up doing something you love and making good money at it! The possibilities are endless. The training they provide is spot on to put you in the – more... top of your field. – less
Sell office equipment
Regional Truck Driver Class A CDL (Former Employee), Fontana, CAOctober 12, 2014
manage sales department
work with vendors to purchase inventory
train sales people
work with customers
Couldn't recommend this job
CDL Driver (Former Employee), Gary, INOctober 9, 2014
Ask yourself why Schneider has a high driver turn-over rate. Most drivers stay a year if they are lucky. Be prepared to work for free or very little compensation at times. At least once a week you will spend 3 hours doing a trailer search for an empty and may make 2 dollars for your time. Certain accounts will sit you 20 hours in a parking lot waiting – more... on a load, and purposely route you away from your home through the week. If you are fortunate enough to break at your home other then your restart it will usually be 10 hours on the dot. They like to promote safety yet the dispatchers will not have a load for you when you are ready to drive. I've been available at 6 am and had a load pushed out till 8 pm and expected to drive all night too many times to count.
I stayed there way too long, kept hoping it would improve but watching it gradually get worse. Too much favoritism when assigning loads on dedicated accounts.
If you don't want to have a life this is definitely a job to have. – less
Good company to work for
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Green Bay, WIOctober 3, 2014
Good company to work for. Drove appox. 10 hours a day cross country. Seen many sites. Lots of good people to work with. Management could improve by answer phones more quickly. Hardest part of the job was being away from family for extended periods of time. Most enjoyable part of the job was getting to see America.
Nice Truck
Professional driver (Current Employee), Dallas, TXSeptember 30, 2014
Pros: heatlhcare
Cons: manager was not nice
Got a brand new truck. Started with good pay but they quit using salary.
good job great benefites
Truck Driver (Current Employee), Green Bay, WISeptember 28, 2014
Pros: great equptment
Cons: only home week ends
over the road driver deliver freight to retail stores and pick up and deliver one way freight, take my truck home with me
Productive and okay place to work
Mail Room Clerk (Former Employee), Homewood, ILSeptember 25, 2014
Pros: hours were great
Cons: the pay was not good
Schneider was a great learning experience, Schneider is a good company but saw no room for advancement.
Best company I ever worked for
Driver Services/Traffic Control Coordinator (Former Employee), Tunkhannock ,PASeptember 23, 2014
Pros: gained alot of experience
Cons: company lost contract
Wonderful company. great on salary and raises, everyone worked
together. Gained a lot of experience in the field.
Route Truck Driver
Truck Driver (Dedicated Route Driver) (Former Employee), Gary, INSeptember 23, 2014
Company was always trying to max out your driving hours and changed load information often.
Great company with steady freight, great Owner Operator division w/65% of gross.
Company Driver/Owner Operator-Choice Fleet (Former Employee), Green Bay, WI & Charlotte, NCSeptember 22, 2014
Schneider is a great company that prides itself on safety, then service. You won't find a more passionate collective group of individuals who truly desire to see The Schneider legacy continue on by providing service behind a safety eccentric organization.
I learned a lot about the trucking industry through being a company driver and owner operator.
On – more... a daily basis, I helped customers deliver their goods to the end consumer or through a distribution network. – less
good company
Driver (Former Employee), fontana, caSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: great company
Cons: too much time on the road
The company was good, the main concern for the company was being able to be home with my family more often.
Good place to get your start
Tanker Driver-Chemical (Former Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: training, experience
Cons: pay, slowest trucks in the business, orange color, management could care less about drivers
There are very few places that you will make less money for, but you are only going there for experience and/or training. I went there for tanker training/experience and once I got a year, I was out of there. I have made at least a few hundred dollars more per week with every company since them, and everyone says I was trained well. In chemicals, a – more... spill is like an accident. You want to know what you are doing before you leave Schneider, the Hazmat they haul are child's play compared to what everyone else works with. – less
Very Satisfied
Driver (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZSeptember 14, 2014
All Good This Is Yet The Best Company For I have Seen They Care About There Employees
good company need better business leaders
OTR Company Driver (Former Employee), Dallas, TXSeptember 11, 2014
They don't pay as well as they should and don't pay everything your owed.
Very hard on my family
Truck Driver - Class A CDL Driver (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: seeing the country, being on the road, and being my own boss
Cons: not seeing my wonderful wife, not getting showers daily, and not eating a healthy diet
While Schneider is a very good company to work, I had family issues at home that were more important. Being an over-the-road truck driver was very difficult on my marriage. I had intended to go over-the road for 2 years to get experience and then get a job closer to home. I made it 5 weeks away from home before my wife and I agreed that I needed to – more... get a job closer to home. I would frequently go without showers and or meals due to time restrictions. I found myself working close to 14 hour days and not sleeping well at night.
The most enjoyable part of the job is by far seeing the country, being on the road, and being your own boss. I did not have anyone looking over my shoulder. I just got the job done!
My boss was awesome, he allowed me to vent my frustrations about being on the road. He was always willing to answer any questions or concerns about the job. – less
OTR Truck driver
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Dallas, TexasSeptember 8, 2014
Drove 18 wheelers over the road delivering freight through 48 states.
Probably the best OTR trucking company in North America.
Instructor/Customer Service Engineer (Former Employee), Fontana, CASeptember 1, 2014
Pros: working with many very knowledgeable people.
Cons: sometimes having to work weekends.
My work day was usually 7 am to 4 pm with 1 hour for lunch. I worked with many other associates with the same goal. Safe and legal delivery of customers products. SNI is very good at recognizing Associates for their accomplishments and rewarding the properly.

1 2 3 4 5

About Schneider

Schneider is a premier provider of truckload, logistics and intermodal services. Offering the broadest portfolio of services in – Read more