Schneider Employee Reviews

i was a over the road driver
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJanuary 21, 2017
I got a opportunity to see the country, that I thought I would not be able to see, the scenery different states and towns you went through as I traveled along, at times it was lonely because I was away from my family , for long periods of time
Pros
other drivers where very helpful
Cons
long days away from home
I was all ways moving sometimes I went through 2 states in one day.
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJanuary 20, 2017
It was my first and last job being a over the road truck driver. As a professional driver you had a lot of pressure on you. Federal, State, and company regulations to follow. I drove for 7 years great job made good money but my social and personal life took a hit. See when you are driving a truck. If the wheels are moving you are making money. So I learned quickly I would stay out for two months. I saw many great sun sets and many other things. America is a beautiful place to travel. It was mind blowing to me on how much product that trucks bring to our stores.And what those trucks are bringing from toilet paper to life saving medications. Great company I was terminated for turning out of the way for a deer. It did cause me to put the truck on it's side. No body was killed I was the only one hurt I lost my job. Just remember this the next time watching the news and you see that truck crashing because weather is bad. More then likely that driver lost her or his job.I was heartbroken I never ever was fired from a job I felt horrible.
Pros
good pay great people
Cons
The rules need to be looked at.
lowest mileage pay in the trucking industry
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  TexasJanuary 19, 2017
I worked for Schneider for 2 years. Never got a mileage pay increase. started out grossing 1100 dollars a week, then it has dropped all the way down to less than 800 dollars per week. Health insurance is very expensive for individuals and there families. There trucks are old, unless you get lucky and get the new automatic transmission trucks. Plus a lot of sitting and waiting to get loaded and unloaded that you don't get paid for. All I made there yearly was 48,000 dollars gross yearly and I have 7 years truck driving experience. Good luck with your search and be safe on the road. No load is worth losing your life over.
Pros
Sign on bonus
Cons
Health care, Old trucks, Low mileage pay
They gave me an opportunity to develop my skill set
Commercial Driver (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 18, 2017
Great company to work for if you own your own tractor

Because of this company now I have experience when other companies wouldn't take me.

For that I am very grateful whenever I get my own truck I would love to come back and make some real money I don't mind the responsibility and all the paperwork that's what happens when you make real money
Pros
Constant Freight
Cons
Company drivers salary needs Improvement
Intermodal a stressful job
Company Driver (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 18, 2017
intermodal is very stressful and can cause you a lot of headaches. long waits in the railroad yards and traffic that makes it hard to make your money due to getting paid by per loads and miles. Management can be rough and co-workers well not much to say. although with its down falls I got to see a lot of beautiful places.
Pros
site seeing
Cons
not worth the pay
Not the same company anymore
Driver (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 15, 2017
This company used to be "The" company to get to work for, but has recently lowered its quality and integrity for money-saving practices. They have stopped treating their drivers as their number one priority and instead giving in to PC pressures and insurance premiums, leaving them with frustrated veteran drivers and "wet-behind-the-ears" new hires that they can pay pennies. It was very unfortunate to experience the decline of a legacy.
Pros
Newer trucks, good home time
Cons
Drivers are a number, too many rookies, computerized trucks
Fun place
Manager (Former Employee) –  IllinoisJanuary 15, 2017
It was a fun place to work but the company is unorganized and they never trained associate's. Changed management every 2 months and didn't pay associate's
Great place for a first time driver.
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  French Camp, CAJanuary 12, 2017
Good place to work at.Competitive wages. Good pay. Many job opportunities. Dispatchers were great and helpful. Learned a lot about trucking here. Great benefits.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Being away from family
Good job
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJanuary 12, 2017
The company had a good training program, both at the company level and the companies they were hauling for. I had no problems with this company.
Pros
In my case I was home weekly
Growing
Driver Representative (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 9, 2017
Cool Laid back atmosphere. The pay could be better, but other than that laid back. Great starter job for college grads, but if you are trying to move to the top may be a little hard.
Pros
laid back, no dress code
Cons
pay
Good mileage as a company driver.
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Green Bay WisconsinJanuary 5, 2017
Good mileage as a company driver.good at home time and get equipment. Will work with you to get high mileage.competitive pay
Pros
High mileage, good equipment will work with you to get at home time
Great regular route
Dedicated Route Driver (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJanuary 4, 2017
Would pick up daily in Lima, OH and drive down to Louisville, KY and swap loads with another driver and come back up to Lima, Oh. The down side was all the construction on the highway,
Pros
Great miles = Great money
Cons
Delays to to driver error or construction on just weather conditions
Productive fun workplace with bean bag toss competitions.
Shipping Associate/Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Elwood, ILJanuary 2, 2017
We have 2 daily meetings about production and any other information we may need such as overtime and policy changes. Work environment is a bit fast paced without feeling rushed or overwhelmed. Co-workers are great, very friendly and will help whenever needed. Management is very approachable, they really listen to the associates. The benefits are really good. Growth is very attainable. Tuition reimbursement.
Pros
Quarterly bonuses, benefits, associate friendly, tons of discounts.
Cons
Pay cold be better.
Fun and productive place to work.
Loader/ Unloader Operator (Current Employee) –  Elwood, IL 60421January 1, 2017
Only 36 hours a week Monday through Thursday. Salary is too low. In need of a better opportunity or additional job to supplement my current income.
Pros
Great work environment and job security.
Cons
Shorted hours from time to time during slow times.
Very good Company
Solo Driver ,over the road (Former Employee) –  Gary, INDecember 31, 2016
very wonderful company and a fantastic management and they are very cooperative with Drivers
Providing ongoing support for the drivers, the only one thing that I did not like is the payment
concerned about getting paid for a lot of non mileage work
Driver (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 29, 2016
Make sure to get everything in writing. Especially drops and hooks. You can end up doing a lot of pro bono work if not. You do piece mill work, but really only get paid cpm. Even live unloads etc you have to sit and stay for hours until they are done and only receive cpm.

friendly, but when you have to do maintenance with them the time is totally on you.
Pros
paid training, fairly steady
Cons
gaps in load availability, a lot of pro bono work
Factory work
CNC Operator (Former Employee) –  Princeton, ILDecember 28, 2016
Cnc operator hired in through a temp agency so not so much dependable. But if hired on the work is good alot of representative work but the task at hand is simple deburing and measuring or small gun parts.
Excellent Job
Senior Technician (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 28, 2016
Climate and culture needs improvement. Non-Union shop needs to have a union behind them. Employees were great to work with and made great lasting relationships with drivers and other staff members.
Good place to start
Professional Driver (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIDecember 28, 2016
It's a good company to get started with. But you will Not get much home time. They pay is a little low and you will have Alot of sitting and not getting paid
A review of truck driving in general
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 28, 2016
A day typically starts with trip planning and updating your ETA and NAT, (Estimated Time of Arrival and Next Available Time) followed by visiting the customer for pick up or deliver. Simple but it really teaches you how to manage your time, so that you're not late or too early as both are counted as service failure. You do not have a manager looking over your shoulder, which is nice, but it does mean that you are responsible for presenting yourself professionally, and ensuring that you are operating safe and legal. Of course if you're having trouble, you can always ask your fellow drivers for advice. Most are more then happy to help and give advice, so it's always worth listening to what they have to say. The hardest part of the job to deal with, for most people, is being away from you family and friends for long periods of time. Not everybody can come to terms with that for long. The most enjoyable part, for me at least, was traveling all over the country and being able to see the different sights.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Schneider. Our community is ready to answer.