Schneider Employee Reviews

Great Fortune 500 company with endless opportunities
Global Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Ashwaubenon, WIAugust 31, 2016
Schneider is an internationally known company that has reach into many different career fields. Compensation is fair, benefits are competitive. I would certainly suggest seeking a job opportunity at Schneider, Inc. if even to use as a stepping stool to another career. Advancement from within is highly endorsed at Schneider, but position change is also fairly frequent.
Pros
Competitive benefits, Multiple locations, career opportunities
Cons
Occasional poor management
Good Company with small town values
Manager (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJuly 11, 2016
Schneider is a good company to begin you transportation career. The Corporate Office is located in a small town with few career options in transportation without relocation. Because of this there is very little turnover in middle management and above roles. This can become frustrating for anyone looking for a fast track. That being said, this is a company the typically promotes from within. They operate with a "no players on the bench" concept with a lean team. This can lead to long hours, and for some roles, extended travel. Compensation is average for the industry as is benefits. Schneider is a good fit for someone wanting to live in small town USA while having a career that provides fair compensation.
Safe, Secure, Great People to work for and with!
Flex Fleet Driver (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJune 16, 2016
As a flex fleet driver I can be any where in the US, assigned to any of the companies numerous dedicated contracts at any time. I have been a bid company driver for other places and a owner operator in my career and have yet to fine much to complain about. Management and staff are friendly and helpful, respect is given and issues delta with fairly and quickly. Pay is competitive and the fleet is newer, now headed towards a full automatic transmission fleet. Plenty of room for advancement for those who wish to remain with the company. Bonuses always paid on time and home time for me has never been an issue. I am pleased with the more or less family atmosphere that Schneider does it's best to maintain.
Pros
Staff, willingness to work with you and average pay for the industry and experience level.
Cons
None that i can think of.
Hard work but good pay and benefits
Class A CDL Driver (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 29, 2016
Good pay with long hours
Driver (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIAugust 19, 2016
After 12 years I decided to call it quits. Due to the overall driver shortage in the industry drivers are not held to any standards. Often times bad behavior was rewarded. They operate very much on the idea that the squeaky wheel gets the grease. Drivers who complain the most get treated better than those of us who came in and did our job properly everyday. Your were encouraged to "optimize your hours" which was just code speak for cutting corners. Integrity is supposed to be one of their core values but there is none among their drivers. There is also very little integrity in the management. They throw the term "respect" around as its another core value. Very little respect from the company towards the drivers. Your time, your wants, your needs, your family, they have no respect for. The benefits are sub-par at best. The health insurance is some of the worst I've had. If you want to work for a company where your treated like a piece of meat then this is your kind of place.
Great training only
Dedicated delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 29, 2016
If you wanna starve work for them
If you want great additional training they do have that
Don't do the dedicated dollar tree accounts
they are creating a lot of injuries because they'd rather scimp on good unloading equipment and let you work harder and risk those injuries
Pros
benefits, trucks
Cons
no good equip, no money to be made
Good company
Assist all Independent Contractors (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WISeptember 1, 2016
Very nice company to work for. There was a nice work life balancer and a strong safety culture. Very nice team oriented workplace as well.

Schneider was always accommodating to its employees and encouraged their employees to move to different roles.
Driver beware do your research
Bulk Driver (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 15, 2016
Poorly run. They suffer from a lack of good positive leadership. All off the middle and lower management people do just enough not to get fired.

If you are a driver for them they expect you to put your life on hold for 3 weeks at a time and still get you home late.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Low miles, no work
Largest carrier in the nation. Don't give a darn attitude.
Dedicated Route Driver (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAAugust 31, 2016
Passed up a job as yard jockey with another reputable carrier. Boy do I regret it. Schneider may be the largest carrier in the nation. But they also carry the largest attitude. Just another transport corp. Driver business leaders (driver dispatch) come in hours late, denigrate the driver for things that should be handled by the driver business leader as lower management and just plain don't give a darn about anything but their own friday/payday. Stay where you're at. Take same disregard from a smaller corp. Schneider is too big to hear the individual driver speak.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Condescending in every manner to the driver
Productive, busy, fast paced fun environment.
Dispatcher I (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CASeptember 29, 2016
Pleasant atmosphere, effective team work. Nice salary compensation. Easy-going management. Friendly staff to work with. Great hours for night shift crew!
Pretty good place to start
Lead Generation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJune 17, 2016
Everyone is friendly and the benefits are great. Company treats you pretty well. Good opportunity to move up if you have been there for a little while.Good work life balance, can take off if something comes up.
Pros
Good employees, beenfits
Cons
Boring at times, pay can be low
Owner operators stay away
Owner/Operator (Former Employee) –  Houston.chicagoAugust 29, 2016
Not worth the time.as an owner they tried to control my home time and even called me and told me i could get out of jury duty.had to constantly dodge the good old boy club that came first no matter what.i was never late and no complaints spills or claims.treated like a rookie and lied to.the turn over rate is very high and management is to blame due to their lack of honesty and equality.. no amount of calls to supervisors will help.constant resets at my expense
Pros
Cheap maintenance
Cons
VERY BAD DISPATCH AND MANAGEMENT
Good company to work with.
Driver Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 4, 2016
A typical day at work it required me to drive to different states and locations. I learned teamwork, punctuality, and hard work. The management team was good. I got along with all my co-workers. The hardest part of the job was the mental aspect, and the most enjoyable part was traveling and going to different states.
Pros
I had a chance to see different states and cities.
Cons
Being away from family.
A difficult work place
team driver (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAAugust 31, 2016
Team driver - on road (12 on and 12 off)

Tolerance for the lack of coordination

Management was detached

Co-worker team driver - the best. Others supportive

Hardest part - getting clear instructions and clear dispatches in event of equipment breakdowns or required maintenance. Very inconsistent.

Enjoyed team driving and my team - mate. Hard worker, dedicated, and trustworthy.
Pros
Team partner and support of staff
Cons
Confusing dispatches when trouble on road
Excellent company to work for
Truck driver (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIMay 30, 2016
Very tolerant of people. The Company does look out for its people and there is room for advancement. Competitive pay and vacation pay.
Pros
Good pay.
Cons
Time away from home. Did nott make a lot of miles. Sat still too often.
Plenty of lies
Commercial Driver (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 16, 2016
My partner and I were told we would receive 5000-6000 miles per week as a team. We actually received about 2500-3500 per week. That's horrible for a team. Schneider makes you wait a lot on loads and DBLs aka Driver Business Leaders are often rude and unprofessional over Qualcomm. Management blames driver's for everything. I remember a few times where million milers jackknifed in a rain storm and They blamed him and said it was because he went too fast. Really!! They throw their own under the bus.They mostly are women hv never driven a truck before. DBLs say want loads on time yet they are always requesting you to call in for silly reasons. They want you kiss butt to get good miles if you don't they will punish you by making you sit.It's stop and go stop and go. It's hard to succeed here because they are never satisfied always nitpicking about every little thing. You can't use a handfree device or BLUETOOTH HEADSET because Schneider is so OBSESSED with safety that your not allowed to use them.
Pros
Meal card at orientation access to pay such online
Cons
Rude Management TOO MANY RULES, cheap you hv to buy everything, very little miles for teams
high performance environment
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Kearny, NJMarch 31, 2016
Schneider does a great job at training the team. It fosters team work and has a great philosophy.

The operation is 24 / 7 and management often needs to work independent. The work week is 40 hours.

Co-workers are very accomplished and professional. Great sense of teamwork

Hardest part of the job is recruiting good drivers.
Pros
great team
Cons
requires a good deal of traveling
Great starting job for first-time truckers
Truck Driver Class A CDL (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WINovember 6, 2016
The company highly emphasizes safety, treats their employees with respect, and works to make the company grow continuously.
Pros
Well maintained terminals, great benefits, training
Cons
had to constantly ask dispatchers for West Coast runs while living in the Midwest, rude fellow drivers
The real truth
Dedicated Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  N/AJanuary 21, 2016
Your "DBL" cares nothing about you period. There is orientation every Monday and Wednesday, so what does that tell you? Working dedicated you will get 1000-2000 maybe less than 2000 mi a week. Your bonus quarterly after hitting all required tasks you WILL NOT get. Calling pay department, they will refer you back to you "DBL" they refuse to help you. I THOUGHT this was a wonderful career long term company, you will get behind on ALL of your bills if you have a family etc. I have NEVER made more than $761 and that was one time. All of my checks are $200-$500 net weekly and that's working 6 day work weeks. They give u a huge sign on bonus (bait and switch) and give u very small checks in between. They do not care about you as a driver PERIOD. The only concern is "when is the load going to arrive". Look elsewhere I'm warning you.
Pros
Experience under your belt to get a better job
Cons
Management cares about themselves only, pay is horrible horrible
good place to work
Driver (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WISeptember 29, 2016
Was over the road working 3 weeks at a time, before I was able to come home.
Team driver
management and co workers are friendly, responsible, and hard working, very dedicated.
hardest part of the job- being over the road, and being away from family, and loved ones.
seeing the united states