Schneider

Schneider Employer Reviews

job culture
PROFESSIONAL DRIVER (Former Employee), Green Bay, WIFebruary 26, 2015
it was alright the management could have been better and how they treat there drivers,plus they don't give good miles like they advertise so the money isn't really there but everything is a learning experience
company to big for good miles
OTR Driver (Former Employee), Gary, INFebruary 25, 2015
company was to big couldn't make any good money, 1500 miles was the most I was getting, and went to the same places over and over again
Oracle ADF, Oracle SOA Suite 11g, JDeveloper11g, Oracle database 11g, Weblogic Application server, SVN
Programmer Analyst (Current Employee), Green Bay, WIFebruary 24, 2015
8 years IT experience in all phases of software development life cycle (SDLC) using Oracle technology products like Oracle FMW (SOA,ODI), Oracle Transportation Management (OTM), Oracle ERP solutions
• Extensive experience in building composite applications involving BPEL, Mediator, Human work flow and Business Rules components.
• Extensive experience in designing software architecture for application in ADF Faces and ADF Business Components.
• Expertise in design of enterprise applications using Oracle ADF 11g, JSF.
• Good experience on Oracle ADF UI components
• Extensive experience on Oracle ADF for creating front end user interfaces.
• Expertise with Oracle ADF Business Components, ADF faces, ADF Task flows and Data Controls
• Developed declarative components extending standard ADF components.
• Extensive experience in Web Service Orchestration using Oracle BPEL
• Expertise in using Technology Adapters for integration using Oracle SOA and in the development of custom business processes using Oracle BPEL Process Manager.
schneider national
Professional Truck Driver (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 23, 2015
a typical day of work was drop and hook loads going to houston ports and rails. With this job i learned a lot about containers and ports. Management was very poor but I had great co-workers. There wasn't anything hard about this job its was a very easy job. The most enjoyable part was my co-workers.
Schneider
Truck Driver (Current Employee), Green Bay, WIFebruary 22, 2015
Schneider is a wonderful place to work i just rather hae something where i am home more often with my family. I dont think the income is worth it.
Great company, supportive dispatchers.
Commercial Driver (Former Employee), Portland, ORFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: great people, good equipment, as much or as little work as you wanted.
Cons: pay wasn't great.
Working for Schneider has been one of my most pleasant experiences. I was always given as much or as little time as I wanted to make my deliveries. They went out of their way to make sure my truck was up on its maintenance. Also, the dispatchers I worked with busted their tails to make sure I got home whenever I requested it. The pay wasn't great, but the rest of the experience was amazing.
Great company...
Freight Relocation Specialist (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: being my own boss in a sense.
Cons: being away from home for long periods.
As an over the road truck driver I gained a lot of experience and all of the Schneider employees were super helpful. Great benefits, great 401k.
top 10
OTR DRIVER (Former Employee), Grenn Bay WIFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: safty
one of the best trucking Co out there good pay great home time real family easy open door managers who know the view of the drivers and work to the same goals getting that drive home safe
Always a great inviroments
Violations and Review Administrator (Former Employee), Green Bay, WIFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: excellent insurance
Review MVR records on Schneider National truck drivers to ensure they are qualified and within criteria and do background investigations to stay within compliance. Work with State DOT Departments, Courts, and Police Departments. Prepare for the annual Violations and Review Record process. Work with the drivers to obtain new valid CDL's. I also worked at Driver employment Verification helping keep drivers employment records correct on web-site. Answering phone calls for the department. I was also the Regulatory Technician Trainer for all new employees, training in all areas of the job. Developing new ideas to speed up the process of drivers logs and facilitations.
STM is a good place to gain transportation knowledge and great culture.
Sales Account Executive (Current Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: employee benefits
Cons: lots of cold calls
The training programs at Schneider are excellent. You can start with little knowledge of the trucking industry and hit the ground running after a month of training. The work environment is positive and energetic. The best part of the job was the special events- team building outings, group recognition, etc. The hardest part of the job was the day in and out rejection of sales. 3PL is becoming a very competitive industry and the business tends to go to the cheapest provider. It can be cut throat sometimes.
over the road driver
Owner Operator - Truck Driver (Former Employee), Mount Vernon, OHFebruary 14, 2015
Pros: loved the job
Cons: broke, never any time off unless my truck needed repairs
hard for owner operator to make a living , 8 years with them , good runs , low pay . put one and a half million miles on my truck , loved the work .
driving was ok
Driver-Dry (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 12, 2015
job was ok, learned a lot but looking to be home @ nite with family and friends it,s real lonley out there,thanks for asking.
Productive and learning workplace
Warehouse Clerk (Former Employee), Garden City, GAFebruary 11, 2015
I would get in, in the morning and pull up orders and start invoicing them. Management was really helpful when I had questions or needed help with a particular matter. Their really was not a hard part of the job it was all a learning experience and the most enjoyable part of the job was working with such helpful co workers and management staff.
Team Driver/ OTR all 48 States
CDL-A Driver (Current Employee), Green Bay, WIFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: va apprenticeship program, we get tah when we ask for it, good pay for starter company
Cons: paid for hhmg miles not practical miles, always on hold when you need to call in, sometimes freight is slow
Everything I was told by the recruiter was true. We were able to control our own schedule and have made good money week after week. Average 6000-6500 miles a week. Work 14/3 schedule only taking 6 days off a month. Orientation was helpful and educating. Love the ability to travel the country. We average $1200 a week before taxes.

Don't like sitting waiting for loads, Miles are paid using Household Movers Guide and are ALWAYS less than what you actually drive. Hard to get reimbursed for expenses. Sometimes have to fight for layover or detainment pay. When you call in for assistance you sometimes wait for 20 minutes or more for someone to answer. Searching for empty trailers can take all day and you make little money while looking for them.

Overall the company is a good starter company and if you stick it out you will learn and make an honest living. This job is not for everyone!

Ex-Military tend to thrive and succeed in this environment.
Fast paced and exciting company to work for with good diver facilities.
Driver Associate (Former Employee), Green Bay, WIFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: everyday was different and had a chance to meet many good people from different back rounds.
Cons: the balance of work and life was very bad. sometimes communications would break down, resulting in scheduling conflicts.
I worked both during the day and night, driving loads to different states. I would arrive at my destination, usually ahead of schedule drop off my load and have another load ready to take to another company, from state to state. I learned how to manage my time and finish well ahead of the given deadline. I was responsible for keeping my vehicle running with minor repairs and vigilant with the safety of fellow road travelers being paramount. Driving a tractor trailer was like running my own little business, making sure the paperwork was correct, maintaining communication with my dispatcher and the company I was delivering to, and keeping everyone in the loop up to date. Management was good they were attentive to their drivers and made sure to keep you on the road making money. The hardest part of being a driver associate was the grueling time schedule of working different shifts for as much as 14 to 16 hours a day and being constantly aware of my surroundings. The most enjoyable part of working for Schneider was that everyday was something different, running into different issues and resolving them, and meeting new people from different walks of life. I felt that my destiny was in my hands, the harder and smarter I worked the more money I made but just as important Schneider recognized my contribution to the company.
o/o
Independent Contractor (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: great home time and pay
A great company to work for nice operation center and great staff to work for the choice board is the best if want to make money and get home
the place was a revolving door here today gone tomorrow.
Professional Driver (Former Employee), Wintersville, OHFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: not very many just a paycheck.
Cons: terrible company insurance, no miles, back stabbing, and very low morale
I spent a lot of years there over half a decade to be exact. They treated you like dirt at first. Then you prove yourself and build that trust of being reliable. Well here they treat every driver likes it thier first day. You work all the holidays even Christmas. No miles like 1500 a week is good to them. When I started there 2300 a week was good. The operations manager is a coward never trucked a day in his life. But yet he's gonna tell you how to drive your truck and preach safety. Micro managing at its finest they are a bunch of users there. Stay away if you want family time or you don't mind getting screwed over all the time. They make up the rules as they go along. And the Walmart side of the job that's for another rant you have been warned.
Good Job
Professional Driver (Former Employee), OTRFebruary 5, 2015
The job itself was great. I scheduled my own freight from their load board and made a lot of money for both of us doing it when the truck they sold me was working. Unfortunately, the truck did not make very long (less than 2 years) before it was spending 1 week out of every month in the shop. It was in the shop for 2 weeks in Arizona, and they never actually even fixed it, when I finally had to quit.
Best
Driver - Traffic Control (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 3, 2015
one of the best jobs i have had since i been working. the pay is good, the company really looks out for its employees. wish i could work there again
fun place to work
On The Road Truck Driver (Former Employee), Fontana, CAFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: kept me busy
Cons: not many perks
loved working with this company, good paying, kept giving me runs to keep us busy. friendly environment. treats employees fairly.

1 2 3 4 5

About Schneider

Schneider is a premier provider of truckload, logistics and intermodal services. Offering the broadest portfolio of services in – Read more