Schneider Employee Reviews in United States

Good Company with small town values
Manager (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJuly 11, 2016
Schneider is a good company to begin you transportation career. The Corporate Office is located in a small town with few career options in transportation without relocation. Because of this there is very little turnover in middle management and above roles. This can become frustrating for anyone looking for a fast track. That being said, this is a company the typically promotes from within. They operate with a "no players on the bench" concept with a lean team. This can lead to long hours, and for some roles, extended travel. Compensation is average for the industry as is benefits. Schneider is a good fit for someone wanting to live in small town USA while having a career that provides fair compensation.
Productive and enjoyable working environment
SECURITY TECHNICIAN INTERN (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJune 6, 2016
Easy to get along with everyone in the department. Hardest part of the job was understanding the drivers through the speakers, and also trying to handle drivers that were upset and did not want to listen to directions. The most enjoyable part of the job was working on the Incident Reporting team. I was able to type different types of incidents that had happened outside of the work area and also inside. Incidents ranged from co-workers reporting small theft incidents to grand theft-auto incidents. There was always something different. I learned how to type professional reports.
Pros
Working hours
Great place
Driver (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 1, 2016
I enjoy working for schnieder. It has its ups and downs but what job doesnt. The pay is ok, bonuses came when they were supposed too. Training is excellent. Trucks are decent, but governed to 60 mph. Makes for a long day, but as long as you keep your left door closed, you will be fine. The DBL is cool. I have never sat for more than an hour waiting on a new pre assignment. They get me home when I want to go home. All in all, it's a good place to work. Any job is as easy or as difficult as you make it. Schnieder un written rule is, don't hit anything, and don't wind up on YouTube. As long as you follow their procedures, you will never have any major problems.
Pros
Nicer trucks, training, OC's have free laundry and showers
Cons
Trucks are governed to 60mph
Schneider National is a unique place to work just because of the type of work it entails
Driver (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIMay 25, 2016
A typical day at work is usually long, based on the type of freight you are hauling and what time frame you have for delivery.
I learned how to best manage my time since i was a solo driver.
The managemnet was outstanding keeping me with a load to deliver.
Their was not much time to get to the the fellow workers.
The hardest part of the job was the major delays or break downs.
Traveling and meeting the locals
Pros
Getting deliveries on a tight time frame
Cons
Unruly coustomers
Good place to work!
Division Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 24, 2016
• Review and analyze profit and loss statements (P&L); formulate tactical and strategic action plans to ensure profitable targets are achieved.
• Responsible for on time service and reliability. Increased over all service score by 3% in the first 90 days.
• Established strong customer relationships with major accounts by weekly accountability reporting and improved service standards. Started 87% on time service, now 98% on time service.
Decent workplace to work for and friendly co-workers.
CDL, OTR Driver (Current Employee) –  West Memphis, ARMay 5, 2016
Traveling daily to a variety of common customers, I have learned a lot about being a professional truck driver. I have obtain more than the basics knowledge of an entry-level driver. Co-workers are very friendly and treat you like real family members. The hardest part of this job is being away from family when they need you the most. The one thing I truly enjoyed, is being able to work and travel the United States at the same time.
Pros
Traveling the U.S.
Cons
Short hometime
Schneider - A good placr to work
Driver (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 16, 2016
Schneider is a good company, I was a contractor 8.5 years, a company driver 12 years, everyone was very good to work with, they had interest in their drivers, a good safety program to make sure drivers always return to their family. there could not be a more pleasant place to work. Management and co-workers were very good to work with, The hardest part of the job highway traffic.
You will make no where near 50,000
regional\OTR driver (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TX\laredo ocApril 22, 2016
I've been with snchider for 3 months they suck if you just looking for exp then they are okay bit pay wise I run 2500+ miles a week and only take home 500-600 they start you off at 33 cents a mile I was out 3 weeks and I was literally shut down for 4 days do to no freight it's very slow tight now if you need a stepping stone for some exp they are good where they get people is with the 6000 sign on bonus by the rate I'm going I will be lucky to make 30,000 this year and the bonus they tax you 25 percent so ur only getting 4500 they tac you 1500 nobody make the same mistake I made if your looking for a decent paying job and you have at least 3 months exp JB HUNT
Pros
Newer model truck nothin else
Cons
Pay, loads, hometime
Safe, Secure, Great People to work for and with!
Flex Fleet Driver (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJune 16, 2016
As a flex fleet driver I can be any where in the US, assigned to any of the companies numerous dedicated contracts at any time. I have been a bid company driver for other places and a owner operator in my career and have yet to fine much to complain about. Management and staff are friendly and helpful, respect is given and issues delta with fairly and quickly. Pay is competitive and the fleet is newer, now headed towards a full automatic transmission fleet. Plenty of room for advancement for those who wish to remain with the company. Bonuses always paid on time and home time for me has never been an issue. I am pleased with the more or less family atmosphere that Schneider does it's best to maintain.
Pros
Staff, willingness to work with you and average pay for the industry and experience level.
Cons
None that i can think of.
high performance environment
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Kearny, NJMarch 31, 2016
Schneider does a great job at training the team. It fosters team work and has a great philosophy.

The operation is 24 / 7 and management often needs to work independent. The work week is 40 hours.

Co-workers are very accomplished and professional. Great sense of teamwork

Hardest part of the job is recruiting good drivers.
Pros
great team
Cons
requires a good deal of traveling
very shallow
driver (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 17, 2016
this company is full of you-know-what. ever since I came back they have not lived up to their commitment to me. they want to work you from 12 to 14 hours a day. I trained a driver for four days and they would not pay me for training him. When I had family issues and they made me come to work the next day with no time off to get my head together. I can definitely say I will be leaving this company when I find another job it's not worth my time and effort. and I have also worked for them before but on a dedicated account all they care about is a customer and not driver. and it's true when you break down the layover pay is only $65 if you're in a place overnight. DBLs are those that have never drove a truck before and sit in the office all day with their 2 year degree setting on the wall what an awful place to work I'm really ashamed of Schneider.
Pros
just a job
Cons
no initiative and they keep your bonus
Hard working but fair
Learning and Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIMarch 8, 2016
I learned the ins and outs of the transportation industry and moved from logistics into HR. It can be a great company if you find the right position for your personality. Management treats you fair for the most part. Co-workers were great. The hardest part of your job was finding the right person to take direction from. The most enjoyable part was helping people.
Pros
Challenging
Cons
Poor work life balance
Pretty good place to start
Lead Generation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJune 17, 2016
Everyone is friendly and the benefits are great. Company treats you pretty well. Good opportunity to move up if you have been there for a little while.Good work life balance, can take off if something comes up.
Pros
Good employees, beenfits
Cons
Boring at times, pay can be low
Core values, Safety and Diversity with Inclusion
Independent Contractor Rep, Bulk Division (Current Employee) –  Gary, INFebruary 20, 2016
Hands down, one of the best companies I have ever worked for. Professionalism and core values are Schneider key competencies. The team I work for is a great team who prides assisting independent contractors in leading them to succeed in their business. Benefits are great and they give you generous time off so you can balance work and home like.
Pros
Different facilities within the United States
Cons
Not one located in Las Vegas
Driver beware do your research
Bulk Driver (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 15, 2016
Poorly run. They suffer from a lack of good positive leadership. All off the middle and lower management people do just enough not to get fired.

If you are a driver for them they expect you to put your life on hold for 3 weeks at a time and still get you home late.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Low miles, no work
Schneider micromanages drivers
Driver (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, OHFebruary 15, 2016
If I spun on ice, lost traction when pulling out on snow or hydroplaned I would get a call from my DM warning me to be a better driver. They would position spies on customer lots and watch you drop and hook, and report you if you didn't wear a vest, or even if you raised your landing gear before you unhooked your air lines. I couldn't quit them fast enough. These things coupled with the lowest pay I ever got made them the worst choice for an experienced driver.
Pros
Local work, home daily
Cons
They try to micromanage the drivers.
Good trucks, poor management.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNMarch 4, 2016
Schneider has mediocre management at best. The routing is fair, the vehicles and maintenance are great, but the driver management is awful. There is great emphasis on customer survey results, but there is no communication of those results to drivers unless extraordinarily poor. There is a company-imposed speed limit of 60 MPH, which is annoying on long freeway trips with much higher posted limits. Finally, Schneider places FAR too much emphasis on Hard Brake Incidents -- technicalities generated by a sensor on the trucks. When an idiotic car driver commits a highly illegal and dangerous move, requiring the truck driver to take exceptional avoidance maneuvers to avoid collisions and death -- Schneider promptly blames THEIR DRIVER for the incident! Their Safety program is short-sighted and vacuous.
It`s not a team working company.
COMMERCIAL TRUCK DRIVER (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 30, 2016
This company is lonely everyone is to themselves, management treatment varies and for the most part I feel it needs attention. The most stressful part would be driving around looking for a good empty and having to replace broken or missing lights while not being compensated. The enjoyable part would be site seeing different cities. I learned that in intermodal you have a lot of labor and stress compare to over the road or regional driving.
Pros
Automatic Trucks
Cons
chasing empties
Schneider is a fine employer
Business Implementation Manager (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIMay 26, 2016
I have worked for Schneider for a combined 32 years. It is a fine company with an excellent safety culture. I have been able to work and grow in numerous lines of business and enjoy a learning atmosphere and associate development.
All good with this Company problem was with my wife didn't want me gone to long away from home.
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAApril 19, 2016
Love this job they took good care of me. but leave me out to long and my wife didn't like it. I pick up load and deliver load to where it was going. I did OTR and Regional Love Western Regional keep me close to home.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Schneider. Our community is ready to answer.