Schneider Employee Reviews

would not go back
Truck Driver (OTR) (Former Employee) –  Carlisle, PAJune 26, 2017
lack of communication. not many miles. to many excuses. Not many pay raises. starting pay is low.worked through christmas made 250 dollars.I dont believe the box planners took their job seriously
Fun Company Specially For Those New To The Industry
Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJune 26, 2017
had a lot of fun working here, really enjoyed their trucks, loved the pay rate, the freedom to make your own schedule as long as your delivery was on time
Pros
total freedom as long as your delivery was on time, decent pay rate, nice newer trucks
Cons
no social interaction, wait period for a passenger agreement, maintenance time
Busy but satisfyingly productive environment
DRIVER SUPPORT REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 25, 2017
Tracking line haul drivers and assisting them when they called in with questions.
Learned the AS400 operating system.
Management very hands on and supportive.
Culture of providing excellence
Hardest part: keeping up with numerous phone calls
Supportive atmosphere
Pros
Hour long lunch
Cons
It was a temporary position for me.
Truck driver (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAJune 25, 2017
Since it was a temporary position and I did not have any managerial responsibility except for my own performance. It did not require special responsibility.
Good place to start your Career in trucking.
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Seville, OHJune 23, 2017
I enjoyed my time working with Schneider National, the safety training I learned from them set me far ahead of the curve for life on the road.Almost all of the people I worked with were positive.
Pros
good miles
Cons
automated trucks
Dedicated Route
Driver (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 21, 2017
The last two years I had a dedicated route from Albany, OR to Nampa, ID. Got along great with my dispatcher. The hardest part was when they would close the passes I had to drive during the winter. I enjoyed this dedicate route because I was able to be home with my family more.
Productive place to work
Service Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Gordonsville, VAJune 20, 2017
Worked for the Walmart dedicated account and it was a meat grinder. Long nights and early mornings and midnight phone calls. You stayed busy so the day went by fast just seemed like the days never ended.
Pros
Stayed busy
Cons
Work life balance wasn't there.
Great Place to Work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJune 20, 2017
Great place to work. Management has favorites who are allowed to get a way with so much. I learned a lot about the transportation industry. Third shift is a great place to start and learn the job however you get stuck on third shift due to never ending job freezes.
Awesome Management/Good benefits
Commercial Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJune 19, 2017
I had an amazing Driver Manager that had been with the company for over 20 years. She did everything she could to take care of me. No pressure from management if you had to deal with issues on the road. Just keep them informed and they work with you. You are in control of your truck and day as long as the load gets there when it is supposed to.
Pros
Nice/newer equipment
Its only the home depot account that is tragic
Dedicated Flatbed-Moffett Driver (Current Employee) –  Saint Louis County, MOJune 16, 2017
Working 12 hour days 6 days a week on a set pay of 800 dollars a week You bend over backwards for the company and they do nothing for you at all well at least on the home depot account
Pros
good money when it's not busy
Cons
Its always busy
To Much Driving for not enough pay
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  McCalla, ALJune 15, 2017
To Much Driving for not enough pay.

Ultimate Software is a leading cloud provider of human capital management solutions. Built with a focus on putting people first, Ultimate’s award-winning UltiPro® delivers HR, payroll, talent, compensation.
Pros
Cons
To Much Driving for not enough pay
I loved this job
Truck Driver CDL A (Former Employee) –  West Memphis, ARJune 14, 2017
the only thing I disliked about this company was when they changed my dispatcher, from a good one to a really bad one. I still got good loads but the new dispatcher was off the hinges. I really had good experience with this company and would love to return
everything is not what it seems
Driver (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJune 13, 2017
the company would be better if the recruiters gave accurate information. I was told I was only going to be in trining for 5 days and to pack light. after my training I was dispatched to my assignment to work for 3 weeks without having the neccesities for my truck.
Good training nice people.
CDL Driver (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 12, 2017
Schneider is a good company to start your CDL career. I was treated fairly. The training I got was good. I had a lot of support for management. The hours were long.
Pros
Training
Very Nice Trucks
Regional Driver (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 12, 2017
This company has nice trucks and if your a careful driver and have no accidents they will up grade your truck to either a brand new one or one year less than the current year. Great place to get experience
Pros
Very Nice Trucks and the O.C are nice
Cons
you only get home every 14 days
fair
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 11, 2017
good company to give new opportunity to be a tuck driving business but no easy staff to work, most the night dispatcher no good communications.

bad communication
Its a job
Company Driver - Commercial Van Driver (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 8, 2017
Assigned loads picked up and delivered on time. Long hours low pay. Disorganized from the driver's standpoint which made it frustrating. Good place to learn.
great place to avance
Senior Diesel Tractor Technician (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 7, 2017
Great place to work. best training you can get, management appreciates the work you do and get rewarded, Shame they closed maintenance down in California. would not have left
Pros
training people
benefits
Shallow management
Transportation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MD 21224June 7, 2017
I was honored to have been hired by this company, but after working there for several weeks I noticed that my supervisor was not presenting herself in a professional manner by talking badly to coworkers about other employees in an immature way. Someone with her title should have behaved a bit more adult-like and not like she was in high school.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
My supervisor
Good place to start truck driving
Driver (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJune 5, 2017
Had an excellent driver coordinator. No issues getting loads, or repairs on truck when needed. Very good organization for veterans who want to get into trucking.
Pros
Newer equipment, decent pay rates
Cons
Not a career choice for someone with a family / significant other

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Schneider. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval