Schneider Employee Reviews

Alot of time away, no family life possible.
Truck Driver (OTR) (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 26, 2017
Decent company if your willing to put up with alot. Semi-decent pay, hard to get home time sometimes. They advertise new trucks but you actually receive a beat up old truck with mechanical issues.
Pros
Truck comes home with you
Cons
Hard to get hometime
Working with Schneider National
Over The Road Driver (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 25, 2017
Alone driving the most amount of distance your allowed to drive a day and make your deliveries on time. hardest part about the job is being away from family and running into uncontrolable circumstances.
Long Hours and Time away
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 24, 2017
Learned How to be Safer on the road Driving Bigger Trucks. Using a Qualcom. How to Hook and unhook Trailers. The Hardest Part would probably be just Being aware of all your surroundings and trying to anticipate the other drivers on the road. One of the Enjoyable things about it is you get to Travel all over see different country sides and scenery.
Pros
You always have a load most of the time.
Cons
Out all the time hardly any time off with family.
A good stepping stone into the transportation world
Carrier Sales Support Rep (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIMay 23, 2017
I was satisfied with my typical work day. I had plenty to keep me busy. I learned a lot about the basics of transportation and working with both customers, drivers and other carriers. My favorite part of my job was the culture. Learning was very much encouraged and the atmosphere was encouraging and enthusiastic. The most difficult part of my job was dealing with policy change. I loved finding solutions for customers and 3PL carriers.
Cons
Insurance was not great. Compensation could have been much better.
Production
Hi-Lo Driver (Former Employee) –  CantonMay 21, 2017
This company is a great company you can grow in they take out different contacts for different companies in provide them with progress. I've learned a lot along the way.
You would expect more from a company like this
Local Tractor Trailer Driver (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIMay 20, 2017
They keep you away from home cause they never want you going home. They force their drivers to undergo medical procedures that they do not want just to look as though they are 1st in safety, but forcing drivers to use machines that they don't need causes more harm than good. They also refuse to except any doctors documentation or diagnoses except what comes from their own corrupt doctors.
Pros
Nice terminals
Cons
too much to list
Schneider really believes in keeping everyone safe at all times.
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIMay 17, 2017
A good company to get started in the industry with. If you wanna make money, you must keep hours up to date, and never be afraid to tell your supervisor how you feel.
little pay
OVER THE ROAD TRUCK DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IA 50323May 16, 2017
They do good with getting you home on time. The pay is little. You cant take care of a family off the money you make. They very safety oriented. Trucks were in good condition.
Great time!
Regional Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 16, 2017
Only reason why i left was because i was not getting enough miles. Other than that great great company! Was happy as a clam. I was a western 7 driver ran when i had miles and loads. But just not enough of them. Wish they had better health insurance. Pays well and trucks are ok too slow tho need to be governed at 65 not 61.
Pros
Great trucks n trailers. Great staff
Cons
Not enough miles for west fleet better insurance
Great place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIMay 16, 2017
Although challenging and stressful at times, it allows you to grow as an employee within and every experience that you take on is considered as you move up. A lot of internal advancement so that you can find your right place.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Can be really stressful at times
Great Trucks Great Teamwork
Driver Associate (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 15, 2017
Have enjoyed all of my time at Schneider. They really know how to run a company of this scale while treating you like a person that matters at the same time. Strongly recommended!
na
Truck Driver (OTR) (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 14, 2017
not good worked there for over a year. the place has no respect for home time pay or miles they love to keep you in places you do not like to be. I am a south regional guy and they keep me in the north east.
good place to work
Driver (Former Employee) –  Gordonsville, VAMay 13, 2017
i had a very pleasant experience driving for them. the training for new drivers is a bit hard, but it is well worth it.they have plenty of different positions and locations to work from and should be able to accommodate most home time requests.
work hard
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIMay 12, 2017
they dont pay you what they say they pay you , work day just drive the truck. management could be better just my opinion, workplace is as giid as u make it
Pros
stedy work
Cons
they take advantage of there employes
Very pleasant and Relaxing Workplace.
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 12, 2017
It was very good company to work.Blessed me with a Dedicated Route.Never had to drive outside the state of Tx.They have a serious problem with management.There DBL's for what ever reason had a serious attitude problem.At least the ones i worked under.The most enjoyable part of the job was the time along in the truck over the road each day.
Okay company
Liquid Bulk/Tanker Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIMay 10, 2017
Low pay, job security, long hours, lots of wait time not getting paid. Fun to travel sometimes. good equipment, good training. Lots of paperwork. good insurance
Pros
Job security
Cons
Low pay, long hours
Good place to start if new to driving a commercial truck
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 8, 2017
This is a very different lifestyle to get used to but can be rewarding if it's what you really want to do for a living. Long work days and being away from home and family the hardest part. Alot of tasks completed on a daily basis you won't get paid for as you only make money for the miles driven.
Pros
Respect
I was a contrator
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIMay 5, 2017
This company has been chopped up into to many sub groups and no one has the authority to fix anything. All information must flow both ways up and down the chain, but they can't even get simple requests right. Very poor run management group!
Pros
Booked my own freight
Cons
Stuck in their old ways
Management for teams was well thought out in their processes
Team Driver (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 4, 2017
I felt they did a great job at keeping the team drivers rolling, not too much downtime.
Relaxed and friendly workplace culture
Hardest part of job was the crank handles on the trailers.
Management was fair and consistent.
great company to start
Professional CDL A driver (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 3, 2017
Great company but the monetary compensation didn't work very well for me and I have to leave because my payments weren't enough for my family necessities

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Schneider. Our community is ready to answer.