Schneider Employee Reviews in United States

Schneider micromanages drivers
Driver (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, OHFebruary 15, 2016
If I spun on ice, lost traction when pulling out on snow or hydroplaned I would get a call from my DM warning me to be a better driver. They would position spies on customer lots and watch you drop and hook, and report you if you didn't wear a vest, or even if you raised your landing gear before you unhooked your air lines. I couldn't quit them fast enough. These things coupled with the lowest pay I ever got made them the worst choice for an experienced driver.
Pros
Local work, home daily
Cons
They try to micromanage the drivers.
A well run company
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 5, 2016
Schneider National takes care of their drivers. At most terminals there is a cafe, a workout room, showers and a drivers room for watching TV. This company has an open-door policy so when an issue arises, you may speak with someone about it. The most enjoyable part of the OTR driver was driving coast to coast and seeing the many different wonders of the USA! The hardest part of the job was not being able to keep doctor appointments or being able to preset a family get together. I learned how to become and even better, safer driver, stay true to myself and give great customer service. A typical day at work is driving to point A, backing, doing proper paperwork, driving to point B, backing, doing proper paperwork; but be aware that you will run into obstacles that need to be overcome in a logical way. This was a very fulfilling job for me. Other drivers were willing to give a hand if it was needed.
Pros
A comfortable place, good benefits, good people.
Cons
Away from home for long periods of time.
Core values, Safety and Diversity with Inclusion
Independent Contractor Rep, Bulk Division (Current Employee) –  Gary, INFebruary 20, 2016
Hands down, one of the best companies I have ever worked for. Professionalism and core values are Schneider key competencies. The team I work for is a great team who prides assisting independent contractors in leading them to succeed in their business. Benefits are great and they give you generous time off so you can balance work and home like.
Pros
Different facilities within the United States
Cons
Not one located in Las Vegas
New and exiting, if you last.
Regional Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 14, 2015
Shneider is like any trucking company that is willing to hire. But with such high turn over nothing is personal and even though they say they are family oriented and owned it is not so. In Chicago you have to answer to Wisconsin and Chicago hubs, sometimes their schedules conflict. Pay is reasonable if you are new to driving but training is definitely great though.
Pros
Great training accommodations(for new drivers only), benefits and bonus
Cons
Conflicting "management" of drivers and loads
Fast-Paced Work Environment
Carrier Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 8, 2016
This company is constantly seeking new growth and opportunity. Potential to do well as a top 10 sales associate. Very high employee turnover rate.
Pros
Good Office Environment
Cons
Low Salary
Best out of the large trucking companies
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  West Memphis, ARAugust 20, 2015
Out of all the major trucking companies, I would probably rate Schneider as one of the best. Good pay, decent benefits, and they give you pretty good home time. Biggest thing people complain about is the home time, but I'd always give a full day of leighway and never had issues with it at that point. If they get you home a day late, they will tack on that day.

Probably some of the best training and training pay as well. Their starting pay when you start driving on your own is far superior to any of the other major companies as well. I started with them teaming and only had a few months experience under my belt, but was still very happy with how my pay was scaled, and they do give regular raises depending on experience.
Pros
pay, benefits
Cons
may get you home a day late for hometime
Great place to start
Truck Driver (OTR) (Former Employee) –  Keasbey, NJDecember 31, 2015
Initial training is strong and accessible for entry level truck drivers. Nice job to have if you enjoy traveling. You could do worse.
Pros
Great for entry level drivers, transitioning military, and retirees.
Cons
Mediocre pay, benefits and available miles.
Over four years of experience in the modular Data Center Market. Highly proficient, versatile, productive estimator/designer. Good communication and p
Engineer, ITB LOB (Pre-Sales) (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 4, 2015
As a Quoting Engineer will utilize technical knowledge to prepare quotation packages for Engineered To Order (ETO) projects with the guidance of a Quotation Manager. Interpreting customer requirements, match products to customer specifications/drawings and ensure that the quote is technically compatible and competitive by communicating with the Solution Architect to determine/clarify project requirements. Generate basic/conceptual designs with a 3D software tool and include Bill of Materials, Cost Calculations and Pricing. Hand-off a quotation package with comments on exceptions and built in value for use by the Solution Architect in customer presentations
Pros
401K match 6%, Good medical and dental insurance etc
high performance environment
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Kearny, NJMarch 31, 2016
Schneider does a great job at training the team. It fosters team work and has a great philosophy.

The operation is 24 / 7 and management often needs to work independent. The work week is 40 hours.

Co-workers are very accomplished and professional. Great sense of teamwork

Hardest part of the job is recruiting good drivers.
Pros
great team
Cons
requires a good deal of traveling
Hard working but fair
Learning and Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIMarch 8, 2016
I learned the ins and outs of the transportation industry and moved from logistics into HR. It can be a great company if you find the right position for your personality. Management treats you fair for the most part. Co-workers were great. The hardest part of your job was finding the right person to take direction from. The most enjoyable part was helping people.
Pros
Challenging
Cons
Poor work life balance
Not enough work
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 6, 2015
It was a very fun company to work for with amazing benefits but I had problems with my DM and could never make enough money unless I was away from my family for 3 weeks at a time.
Excellent for the job
Driver (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 12, 2015
The pay and benefits are competitive. The company as a whole is fair and easy to work with. The job itself isn't all that bad for what I do. It has it's downsides of course. The first being isolation. I know some people prefer it but I do not. The second being advancement. There really isn't anything else to move to. That made it a job for me, rather than a career. Lastly, I detest the physical inactivity. Even with a desk-job, you can get up and walk around for lunch breaks, and you will still find yourself at home each day. With that sort of work, my physical activity would be my problem. I can choose to work out or engage in sports, etc.
Pros
Great pay/ benefits
Cons
Isolation, very little time at home (expected), sedentary
Good trucks, poor management.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNMarch 4, 2016
Schneider has mediocre management at best. The routing is fair, the vehicles and maintenance are great, but the driver management is awful. There is great emphasis on customer survey results, but there is no communication of those results to drivers unless extraordinarily poor. There is a company-imposed speed limit of 60 MPH, which is annoying on long freeway trips with much higher posted limits. Finally, Schneider places FAR too much emphasis on Hard Brake Incidents -- technicalities generated by a sensor on the trucks. When an idiotic car driver commits a highly illegal and dangerous move, requiring the truck driver to take exceptional avoidance maneuvers to avoid collisions and death -- Schneider promptly blames THEIR DRIVER for the incident! Their Safety program is short-sighted and vacuous.
Fun place to work everyone treat each other with respect and just a good place to work
Order Fillers (Current Employee) –  Elwood, ILSeptember 24, 2015
I think Schneider is a good place to work cause they recognize how
hard u work and give u a opp.for growth with the company.
They have games to play while on break and they my give u free
tickets or something to ballgames and just show there appreciation
to there employes
Pros
good benefits
productive
Driving Tankers / Intermodal Truck driver (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WISeptember 27, 2015
Productive and good relationship between employers and employees. Good benefits, job culture. Productive and good relationship between employers and employees. Good benefits, job culture.
Pros
Cons
co-workers can be rude at times
My favorite in all my previous jobs!!
Intermodal Dispatcher & Load Planning (Current Employee) –  Kent, WASeptember 27, 2015
Fast paced and challenging day to day. The opportunity to learn and grow, management that recognizes hard work and the benefits are amongst many of my favorite things.
Safe, Secure, Great People to work for and with!
Flex Fleet Driver (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJune 16, 2016
As a flex fleet driver I can be any where in the US, assigned to any of the companies numerous dedicated contracts at any time. I have been a bid company driver for other places and a owner operator in my career and have yet to fine much to complain about. Management and staff are friendly and helpful, respect is given and issues delta with fairly and quickly. Pay is competitive and the fleet is newer, now headed towards a full automatic transmission fleet. Plenty of room for advancement for those who wish to remain with the company. Bonuses always paid on time and home time for me has never been an issue. I am pleased with the more or less family atmosphere that Schneider does it's best to maintain.
Pros
Staff, willingness to work with you and average pay for the industry and experience level.
Cons
None that i can think of.
very shallow
driver (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 17, 2016
this company is full of you-know-what. ever since I came back they have not lived up to their commitment to me. they want to work you from 12 to 14 hours a day. I trained a driver for four days and they would not pay me for training him. When I had family issues and they made me come to work the next day with no time off to get my head together. I can definitely say I will be leaving this company when I find another job it's not worth my time and effort. and I have also worked for them before but on a dedicated account all they care about is a customer and not driver. and it's true when you break down the layover pay is only $65 if you're in a place overnight. DBLs are those that have never drove a truck before and sit in the office all day with their 2 year degree setting on the wall what an awful place to work I'm really ashamed of Schneider.
Pros
just a job
Cons
no initiative and they keep your bonus
Great place
Driver (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 1, 2016
I enjoy working for schnieder. It has its ups and downs but what job doesnt. The pay is ok, bonuses came when they were supposed too. Training is excellent. Trucks are decent, but governed to 60 mph. Makes for a long day, but as long as you keep your left door closed, you will be fine. The DBL is cool. I have never sat for more than an hour waiting on a new pre assignment. They get me home when I want to go home. All in all, it's a good place to work. Any job is as easy or as difficult as you make it. Schnieder un written rule is, don't hit anything, and don't wind up on YouTube. As long as you follow their procedures, you will never have any major problems.
Pros
Nicer trucks, training, OC's have free laundry and showers
Cons
Trucks are governed to 60mph
Dedicated Driver
Dedicated Driver (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 11, 2015
Plenty of work, weekends off, can take your truck home if needed. CPM is low but benefits are good. No holiday pay but paid vacation. Not a bad place but not the best either. I would recommend a friend.