Schneider Employee Reviews in United States

Its trucking.
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, TNJuly 26, 2016
Had fun until they said I hit a fence and was let go tried to tell I didn't hit it but you live and learn to take pictures of something that's already banged up. Kept me rolling they do have a great training course didn't get my CD through them barley talked to my dispatcher which I liked got home when needed sometimes. But remember this is trucking.
Pros
Kept rolling.
Cons
Having to do 60mph.
Good Job Security and Opportunities for Advancement
Van Truckload Operations Associate (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJuly 25, 2016
A good job if you are a quick problem solver and you are able to do computer work with speed and accuracy. The people who work there are generally friendly and are willing to help newer employees.
Pros
Work around your personal schedule
Cons
Short breaks, stressful during peak hours
Great place to start a career
Executive Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJuly 25, 2016
Schneider is a great place to work and to get your transportation career started. There is a lot to learn, and they are the experts.
na
OTR Dedicated Driver (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJuly 24, 2016
Typical over the road job. Sign on bonus paid in timely matter. Decent Equipment, Mostly new. Decent training program. etc
Plenty of lies
Commercial Driver (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 16, 2016
My partner and I were told we would receive 5000-6000 miles per week as a team. We actually received about 2500-3500 per week. That's horrible for a team. Schneider makes you wait a lot on loads and DBLs aka Driver Business Leaders are often rude and unprofessional over Qualcomm. Management blames driver's for everything. I remember a few times where million milers jackknifed in a rain storm and They blamed him and said it was because he went too fast. Really!! They throw their own under the bus.They mostly are women hv never driven a truck before. DBLs say want loads on time yet they are always requesting you to call in for silly reasons. They want you kiss butt to get good miles if you don't they will punish you by making you sit.It's stop and go stop and go. It's hard to succeed here because they are never satisfied always nitpicking about every little thing. You can't use a handfree device or BLUETOOTH HEADSET because Schneider is so OBSESSED with safety that your not allowed to use them.
Pros
Meal card at orientation access to pay such online
Cons
Rude Management TOO MANY RULES, cheap you hv to buy everything, very little miles for teams
adventurous, fun
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Edwardsville, ILJuly 11, 2016
Long work days but exciting. I was able to see things that I might not have gotten a chance to see. Hard work but still fun, the long distance from home and family was the hardest part of the job.
Pros
new places
Cons
time away from family
Good Company with small town values
Manager (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJuly 11, 2016
Schneider is a good company to begin you transportation career. The Corporate Office is located in a small town with few career options in transportation without relocation. Because of this there is very little turnover in middle management and above roles. This can become frustrating for anyone looking for a fast track. That being said, this is a company the typically promotes from within. They operate with a "no players on the bench" concept with a lean team. This can lead to long hours, and for some roles, extended travel. Compensation is average for the industry as is benefits. Schneider is a good fit for someone wanting to live in small town USA while having a career that provides fair compensation.
Lots of down time.
Truck driver (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJuly 10, 2016
Spent a lot of time sitting around waiting for a load. False advertisement of the salary and miles. Excellent trainning program.
truck driver
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 6, 2016
was happy to drive but not happy they let me go when I was honest about my background I love driving and this put a sour taste in my mouth on big companies
Fun environment
Logistics Specialist (Former Employee) –  West Memphis, ARJune 29, 2016
I love my job here. My job required DOT experience and customer service needs. It required I maintain and keep accurate logs on a daily basis.
Good place to start career
Professional Driver (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 28, 2016
Schneider was the company I chose to start out my driving career after leaving the Army. Overall they are a good first company to start out with and very professional all around.
Trucking company
Independent Contractor/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 19, 2016
I worked for Schneider for 5 years and enjoyed it the but being over the road was rough on my marriage and I let there because they didn't have any local position available
Pretty good place to start
Lead Generation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJune 17, 2016
Everyone is friendly and the benefits are great. Company treats you pretty well. Good opportunity to move up if you have been there for a little while.Good work life balance, can take off if something comes up.
Pros
Good employees, beenfits
Cons
Boring at times, pay can be low
Schneider - A good placr to work
Driver (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 16, 2016
Schneider is a good company, I was a contractor 8.5 years, a company driver 12 years, everyone was very good to work with, they had interest in their drivers, a good safety program to make sure drivers always return to their family. there could not be a more pleasant place to work. Management and co-workers were very good to work with, The hardest part of the job highway traffic.
Schneider was an excellent company to work for
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJune 16, 2016
• Used multi-phone line to handle external and internal calls, taking and responding to all calls possible, placing on hold for only limited time
• Operated Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint to create documents for customers, perform data entry, send and receive company emails, track freight and drivers ETA for delivery of customer product, as well as operating company transportation systems
• Booked freight by first assessing map and determining whether region is accepting freight, being mindful not to overbook or under-book deliveries
• Handled customer’s account, managing customers such as Wal-Mart, Unilever, and Lowe’s to ensure timely delivery of freight and customer satisfaction
• Executed support shift tasks by picking up remaining work from morning shift to complete in addition to normal shift requirements
• Assisted drivers by finding whether to park at facility, enter without trailer or trailer needed, company hours, typical procedures, and loading time
• Connected companies and employees to meet impromptu delivery needs and facilitate driver managers to address regional traffic needs
• Functioned efficiently during high volume, specialty freight for holidays and specials such as Black Friday to meet needs in advance of seasonal demands
• Managed complex transactional or emotional customer situations promptly and professionally, meeting commitments for service and assistance
Pros
Safe, Secure, Great People to work for and with!
Flex Fleet Driver (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJune 16, 2016
As a flex fleet driver I can be any where in the US, assigned to any of the companies numerous dedicated contracts at any time. I have been a bid company driver for other places and a owner operator in my career and have yet to fine much to complain about. Management and staff are friendly and helpful, respect is given and issues delta with fairly and quickly. Pay is competitive and the fleet is newer, now headed towards a full automatic transmission fleet. Plenty of room for advancement for those who wish to remain with the company. Bonuses always paid on time and home time for me has never been an issue. I am pleased with the more or less family atmosphere that Schneider does it's best to maintain.
Pros
Staff, willingness to work with you and average pay for the industry and experience level.
Cons
None that i can think of.
Love being on the road and seeing the country
Over The Road Driver (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 15, 2016
Schneider takes care of it's employees. I never wait very long for my next load to come in. I am told if I need anything to just let them know.
Pros
Supportive team
Cons
Not enough home time
Productive and enjoyable working environment
SECURITY TECHNICIAN INTERN (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJune 6, 2016
Easy to get along with everyone in the department. Hardest part of the job was understanding the drivers through the speakers, and also trying to handle drivers that were upset and did not want to listen to directions. The most enjoyable part of the job was working on the Incident Reporting team. I was able to type different types of incidents that had happened outside of the work area and also inside. Incidents ranged from co-workers reporting small theft incidents to grand theft-auto incidents. There was always something different. I learned how to type professional reports.
Pros
Working hours
average
Full-time regional driver (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 2, 2016
Over all work place environment is just an average; pay and benefits and driver - DBL (Dispatch) relationship is below average.
Great place
Driver (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 1, 2016
I enjoy working for schnieder. It has its ups and downs but what job doesnt. The pay is ok, bonuses came when they were supposed too. Training is excellent. Trucks are decent, but governed to 60 mph. Makes for a long day, but as long as you keep your left door closed, you will be fine. The DBL is cool. I have never sat for more than an hour waiting on a new pre assignment. They get me home when I want to go home. All in all, it's a good place to work. Any job is as easy or as difficult as you make it. Schnieder un written rule is, don't hit anything, and don't wind up on YouTube. As long as you follow their procedures, you will never have any major problems.
Pros
Nicer trucks, training, OC's have free laundry and showers
Cons
Trucks are governed to 60mph